New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: GLoG 89

1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 89

[Rowan Cabin]

"My homeworld was only one planet," Sophie says. "The moon is the furthest humans have ever got, and it was just one expedition years ago. There are some parallel dimensions that some supernaturals access, but I don't know much about them."
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-06-09 at 05:27 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Oh! That didn't even occur to me. There's probably a lot of people here that don't know about FTL travel, huh? Is there more than one planet in the Nexus, or what?"
    Kate's getting a bit more comfortable. Kate has always liked knowing things, even things that one would think fall into 'ignorance is bliss.'

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"I have no idea, really. People do come here from worlds that have faster-than-light travel, though," Sophie says. "But it's never been something that interested me."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Oh. I can understand that, a lot of people never leave their home planet. At least where I come from, anyway." Kate looks up, out a window. "How's life here? I mean, not counting the weird stuff. How's the economy, for example? Is there an economy?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"There is an economy of sorts," Sophie says. "GLoG is a charity organization, so we mostly support ourselves from donations. I like living here. It's peaceful and there's lots of opportunities to do good. I also volunteer at an orphanage my religion runs in one of the cities."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"That's very nice, but I more mean, what's the quality of life like for the average citizen? How easy is it to find a job? Will it take me a while to get on my feet?" Kate's worries are pedestrian, on account of specifically not letting the more unusual worries to the front of her mind.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"It varies," Sophie says. Not very helpful, maybe, but true. "The Nexus is chaotic, so it might go differently for everyone. 'Average' doesn't really apply here. The... other Kate managed to find a job, though, I think."
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-06-10 at 05:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "No. We would have died, slowly and painfully. You were not there; you didn't see what she did. And I couldn't see you hurt, Jamie. You're my best friend." Natalie isn't letting go yet, and sighs slightly as the pain leaves, noticing it but not commenting, yet.
    "...alright. But I feel bad you were hurt. You're my best friend," Jamie says softly, holding Natalie tightly and closing her eyes as she starts to hum a soft, comforting tune.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"I... guess that's promising, then." Kate muses to herself. "What's the next step? What do I do to start?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

Natalie will listen for about five minutes, joining in the tune if she knows it but otherwise remaining silent. Afterwards, she'll slowly release the hug and go back to sit on the bed. "Thank you for being such a good friend. If you've still got my pain, can I have it back please? It's nice to be without it, but I earnt it and had gotten used to it enough to ignore it." So she doesn't want to stay painless for too long, or she'll have to acclimatise to it again.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"You can stay here for a while, as you gather your bearings," Sophie says. "The Nexus is full of possibilities, so it may take a while to take them all in."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"Yeah. I guess." Kate is quiet for a bit more.

"Should I try to find the other Kate's friends, or avoid them? Because one way it'd be awkward, but the other way I'm pretty alone."
    And being alone in this kind of situation strikes her as bad.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"That's a decision only you can make," Sophie says. "But for what it's worth, most of them are my friends as well. They're good people."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

Kate sighs. "I just don't know, then. Maybe I will, but... I don't really want to rely on people I don't really know. I mean, it was kind of odd seeing Eric, because I recognized him, but I didn't really know him... and even his child... when she hugged me I felt... weirdly happy."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

[Rowan Cabin]

"Just give it time," Sophie says. "Maybe more will come to you, maybe not. Either way you'll get a better grasp on how you feel about it all."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rowan Cabin

"True..." That's all Kate says, letting the situation lapse back into awkward silence.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Natalie will listen for about five minutes, joining in the tune if she knows it but otherwise remaining silent. Afterwards, she'll slowly release the hug and go back to sit on the bed. "Thank you for being such a good friend. If you've still got my pain, can I have it back please? It's nice to be without it, but I earnt it and had gotten used to it enough to ignore it." So she doesn't want to stay painless for too long, or she'll have to acclimatise to it again.
    Jamie blinks in surprise, then slowly shakes her head. "I...it doesn't work that way," she says apologetically. "Once I take someone's pain from them, it...doesn't go back. One way."

Natalie might have caught the brief moment of shocked horror on the Magical Girl's face at the suggestion Natalie had 'earned' pain.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

Natalie does spot the horror, and looks shocked herself. "That's not how I meant it- I meant I could live with the pain for now because I received it performing my greatest act of Conjuration yet. I'm not saying I deserved it, or anything!" She still prefers to have the pain herself than have Jamie have it, though, because Jamie's her friend. She does hope she makes herself understood, though.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Natalie does spot the horror, and looks shocked herself. "That's not how I meant it- I meant I could live with the pain for now because I received it performing my greatest act of Conjuration yet. I'm not saying I deserved it, or anything!" She still prefers to have the pain herself than have Jamie have it, though, because Jamie's her friend. She does hope she makes herself understood, though.
    Jamie relaxes, looking embarassed for having misunderstood, and nods. "Oh. Well. I get it. Um...well, it doesn't last long once I do that thing. But...well, like I said, it's only one-way. It...SHOULD make it more bearable if the original cause is still there, though."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"Ah, well. Thank you, Jamie." She'll lean forward and give the seemingly-older girl another hug, unless stopped or something horrendous happens outside.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

"Ah, well. Thank you, Jamie." She'll lean forward and give the seemingly-older girl another hug, unless stopped or something horrendous happens outside.
    Jamie returns the hug gently-yet-tightly! Pulling away after a few mintues.

"You wanna go get some ice cream or something?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Infirmary

"Sure! I can pay." With that, she flourishes her hand and tries to cast a spell to summon a shiny coin into her fingers. Unfortunately, the coin remains where it was, her Individual Magical Effect does not activate and she's left looking a bit silly. Also, surprised; that was supposed to work! But due to her currently drained state, she doesn't have the magic available to perform even such a minor piece of legerdemain.

Jamie probably recognises what she was trying to do, though; it's her favourite spell.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Brinika is sitting cross-legged there, with her drone and her spider, as she so often does. But this time she's doing something a mite unusual. She's playing her flute in deep concentration, and rocks actually seem to emerge from the water in front of her.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lakeshore

As is usual for Marley these days, he was out on the shore, fishing. Today, however, he walks over to Brinika, wondering about the rocks that appear to rising up in front of her.

"Hi Brinika, what are you doing?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

"I'm trying to see if I can make stepping-stones, Mr. Marley," Brinika responds solemnly. Marley may or may not have heard that Brinika and Salix both received some sort of divine powers last year.

26. - Top - End - #146

Lakeside

"Oh really? I think it would take a lot of those to get to the island."

He did hear about that, a bit. He doesn't fully know about it, he was a bit of shut-in for a while.

"Or are you planning on having them going someplace else?"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"I know it would. Once I'm sure I can do it, maybe I'll do it faster, or raise a whole bridge," Brinika says. "It'd be nice to be able to go to the island without using a boat or swimming, wouldn't it?"

28. - Top - End - #148

[On a bench outside]

Here is Andy, well people might not identify him as Andy because he looks a bit differetn. Instead of his usual Labcoat Andy got a normal T- ****r where the left sleeve is pinned on his shoulder preventing the sleeve from floating around. He doesn't got his mechanical arm on right now which is another strange occasion. He seems to just rest in the sun making the best of a warm and sunny day.

INTERACTION WANTED
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lakeside]

"I know it would. Once I'm sure I can do it, maybe I'll do it faster, or raise a whole bridge," Brinika says. "It'd be nice to be able to go to the island without using a boat or swimming, wouldn't it?"
    "But part of the fun is the swimming or using a boat. Besides, if you put up a bridge, you couldn't go boating around the whole lake."

Marley puts his fishing pole down and leans on his cane, smiling.

"Then again, its good to practice what you can do. Don't let yourself just past through life. There's too much in the world for that."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Don't people only use boats because they have to?" Brinika asks. "If I make a bridge, people won't have to use boats."