New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: [PTU, IC] The Invisible League 3: You actually exploded!

"Oh that's gross." Drew says when he sees the wrapper. "We're going to have to brush your teeth." He says and ruffles her fur. "So do we battle or the easy way?" He's looking at her when he says that.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    The mightyena pauses mid lick with her tongue still hanging out and olivine wrapper still stuck to it and tilts her head. She doesn't seem to get what you are talking about.

Uriel
    "What were you saying about mons messing with claire before?" Asks Chimney As Drew converses with the the canine that apparently didn't think of unwrapping its food before trying to eat it.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew takes the chance and pulls the wrapper from her tongue, holding it out in one hand. "That's really gross." He says, making a face. "You're too big to go around by yourself and try to beg anymore. So you've either got to belong to one of us, or go with the rangers. I'd like it if you came with me, but I'll leave it up to you what you want to do."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Uriel nods to Chimney, "Yeah, on our way to the meeting Claire got whammied by an Infatuation attack, only the weird thing is that I was the focus of it. Managed to snap her out of it quickly enough, and Opal had Edgar scout out the area to find the mon that did it,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"What's wrong, Veil?" Claire asks as she leans against the counter.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    The shuppet ponders no doubt frustrated by the mon to man language barrier, but she also seems hesitant and indecisive as if she wasn't sure what was wrong herself which would only make telling you all the more difficult.

Uriel
    "Oh yeah she has a problem with that..." she says still massaging her visual sensing organs "but... At the same time that would be a very convenient cover" she adds looking at you from the corner of her eye "hmm... then again it would explain some things, but I've never heard of a pokemon who could infatuate people with things other than themselves... anyway this definitely is a bad time for our resident researcher to be taking a nap"

Drew
    Her tongue retracts when you pull the wrapper off but head remains tilted in curious confusion. She must have been seriously sheltered for a wild urban pokemon.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

Opal groans and reaches for her head, it really hurt, and opens her eyes. What was she doing in her room? She sat up and held her head... she'd been going to the attic, there was a cracking sound, then... oh, right, a mightyena fell on her, she breathed in, held it for a count of seven, then let it out, calming her nerves. She'd had a panic attack, she knew that much, having a mightyena suddenly that close would have done it easily, then she winced, if she reacted the way she normally did then Claire probably got a good bit of pain out of that little incident, she'd need to apologize for that... once her head stopped feeling like someone was taking a jackhammer to the inside of her skull.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew pulls out a pokeball. "You wanna stay with me from now on? You'll get fed and taken care and all you have to do is behave and battle once in a while." She did not seem the brightest pokemon, she didn't seem to have a clue on how things worked.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm sorry I'm not very good at understanding." Claire says, "But you've done great so far and have been very helpful and a great new teammate, if that helps."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Drew
    She shrinks, and whimpers when you pull out a pokeball as if she is expecting something bad to happen, and you hear steven grumble when you talk about using her to battle.

Claire
    She lets out a frustrated sigh when you apologize for your lack of understanding, but your praise seems to lighten the mood a little.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I guess that wasn't the right thing to say...ummm...I wish I had Monsieur Uriel's talent for communication." Claire said, "Is it something you could tell him later and he could translate?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    She gives you the same look she gave you in the bathroom as if saying "do you want me to tell him?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I don't think that's quite it, but that's neither here nor there," he quips with a helpless chuckle as he returns his gaze from Drew and the mightyenna, "Any way best not to force Opal too much, and let her own pace until she recovers. We can still 'try talking to Sergei, and checking to see if Nancy's seen anything that might help," he suggests before Steven's grumbles catch his attention.

"What's the matter Steven? Worried about your friend?" the young man inquired as he glanced at the irate Sylveon.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Tell him what? Its not what I want, do you want to tell him something to see if he can communicate?" She asked.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Uriel
    Chimney dead pans "So are you in denial about claire or are you just oblivious?"

You are far from versed in stevens dialect of sign language, but steven does his best to express his opinion in four easily recognizable gestures "Protect"... "innocent"... "from"... "curly handlebar mustache"...

Claire
    After doing what you could probably assume is the ghost equivalent to "taking a deep breath" your bow nods in an affirmative response to your question.

Opal
    You're a bit dusty but physically you seem to be fine. Closer examination reveals the lingering traces of a reflect blessing likely cast by eugene or his ledian on reflex when the ceiling collapsed. The only other living thing in your room at the moment is isaac.

16. - Top - End - #106

Opal calms as her headache fades somewhat, then brushes herself off to get rid of some of the dust before she goes over and picks Isaac up, that usually kept her calmer, and she was actually ready for a mightyena to be out there, even as she moved to head out into the hallway, that'd lessen the impact somewhat, she'd still have to skirt around it though...

Before leaving her room, she took a deep breath and opened the door to head out to meet with everyone else again.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Opal
    "Feeling better?" Says Ledianman as you step into the hall, and hear the non-threatening sound of a whimpering mightyena

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Alright, well we can deal with that when all the chaos in that other room is done." Claire comments.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew puts the pokeball away. "Ok, ok. Bad idea. You're not the battling type. I can see that now."He goes back to petting her. "I guess we need to get ahold of the rangers then and see if we can get her adopted. With all this craziness," He gestures to what appears to be the universe in general. "She's not going to be safe if she comes with us." He thinks for a moment. "I could call my sister. She'd love to have her own pokemon. And she'd be perfectly safe and happy out in the country."

20. - Top - End - #110

Opal nods with a small smile, "I'll be fine, was just surprised, though it'd probably be best I not go over there for a little while longer so I can mentally prepare."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    your bow nods again

Drew
    The mightyena brightens back up and resumes her happy panting when you put the pokeball away, but despite the warm fuzzy feelings between you and the mightyena you can practically feel a certain someone rolling their eyes at you behind your back. You hear them get closer making a sound like the clinking of chains with every step. You can see the mightyena with an adorable twinkle in her bright pink eyes make a "beg"face at the source of the longhaired shadow that looms larger and larger over your head as if asking it to be gentle as your minds eye pictures its tongue coiling like an ekans to heckle, rebuke, criticize and otherwise strike with liberal amounts of snark as is the nature of this beast...

Opal
    "Of course you shouldn't push yourself but if its any consolation the pokemon does seem to be a much more docile example of its species"

There's that darn "lovey duvy magic is in the air" tingle sound again but more distinguishable this time... Its coming from the room where a mightyena just made a hole in your ceiling!

22. - Top - End - #112

Opal blinks, "um, I think it might have something to do with Claire acting funny around Uriel, I just got the same feeling from where it is that I got earlier when it happened," she says, that was... odd, "I might have to see if I can't talk to it after all," she smiles up at Eugene, "if it's not as hostile I should be able to handle it for a little while," even as she said it, she was already shivering slightly, the fact she was willingly going to be a few feet from a mightyena had her adrenaline going already.

Opal takes a deep breath then starts walking down the hall towards the room, still holding Isaac, and really hoping Eugene would come along, even as she gets closer to the room, she forces herself to keep walking rather than hesitate or stall, she'd been trying to face her fears for a few years now, mightyena and houndoom were the only two that gave her any real trouble still, it was time to face the music, so to speak.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"What? No!" Uriel counters, a bit taken aback by Chimney's unexpectedly blunt question, "All I'm saying is that what happened back there was...a bit to brazen and out of character for her. I'd like to think I've gotten a good read on her the past few days, if she was going to try to make a move on me it wouldn't have been something like that," he says in Claire's defense, experiencing teaching him that the lass was a bit too shy when it came to her own body image to attempt something quite so...physical while she was of her right mind.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Let me send a quick few messages and we'll check if its safe." Claire comments as she pulls out her pokegear.

She opens up [insert popular website used from before] and posts, -Monitor, its Claire again-

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew sighs as he strokes down the mightyena's back. "Yes? Do you have something you'd like to say? It's rude to just stand there looming over someone." He looks over his shoulder to confirm who it was, rocking back on his haunches.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Uriel
    Your response has come a little too late Chimney seems to have become distracted by what drew is doing she probably didn't take her own bluntness seriously

Opal
    Lederman follows you for the support that you clearly need and you arrive in time to see chimney about to say something to drew who is petting a very happy looking mightyena with what can now tell without your hysteria are actually hot pink eyes not flaming blood red spheres of murder.

Drew
    You look back to see chimney given most of your interaction with her so far you can already guess where this is going to go... "I-I-I just..." well this is different... is she blushing? "...I-I W-wanted to say that-that is... p-pretty selfless of you to suggest that..." her voice is a lot softer than normal and she seems to be acting really shy she won't hold eye contact for more than a fraction of a second and she is stuttering and fidgeting a lot "I-its a shame things are so dangerous I w-would have thought that you two would look cute together on stage..." Chimney's unexpected shynes then peaks as her whole face turns red as if saying you would look good on stage was some how embarrassing for her.

Claire
    -[phone number]-

-since you are living in wisps house now you don't need to take such a roundabout route to contect me you know-

27. - Top - End - #117

Opal blinks, her curiosity somewhat overcoming her fear, then the odd situation with Chimney acting vastly out of character kicks in, just after that weird feeling entered the air, "I think I might know what's going on," she says as she circles around the mightyena, still keeping a distance, "hello there," she says while standing facing it, still sweating somewhat, "is that your work?" she asks, indicating Chimney and Drew.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Opal
    The mightyena shrinks and whimpers when she sees you. After all you did make quite a scene when you two first "met". When you ask your question the mightyena cautiously tilts her head noting confusion and edgar flashes a sign from his position above the scene.

She doesn't seem to understand what you mean by "your work"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

-Oh, so you are close to Wisp then? I assume she was your associate from before. Interested in me, mask, etc.- She replies, -Well, I can't say anything for sure, but I can tell you what I told Wisp from my first interaction with Kuro, as well as her suspicions. I did after all promise to try and tell you things I learned so you could understand your associate's behavior.- She pauses, -Wisp has been talking with me a bunch though, so if she is indeed your associate I'm hoping telling you things isn't going to be a problem.-

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire
    -I'm discrete, can keep a secret, and dream science is one of my many secondary intellectual pursuits so I'm sure you can imagine why we've wound up working together frequently, but yes she's the one we were talking about before.-

-When Wisp told us about Sam she of course had some explaining to do. I can't say I approve of what wisp did at all nor am I totally convinced thats the whole story. Mass conspiracy and ancient history lessons and legendary pokemon are hardly an excuse for illegal imprisonment, interrogation, and delayed treatment of very clear mental illness brought on by illegal tampering and brainwashing. I know the likes of Wisp, and Skull aren't exactly known for their ethics, but the behavior seems a bit extreme for her, but I digress this sort of speculation isn't healthy and unless I feel there would be more incidents like this from her its not worth making my bussiness.-

-Anyway despite being rather sensitive about stuff that could cast supernatural humans in a bad light Wisp isn't usually one to get to mad over people sharing things. Slippers is the one you have to worry about he's very protective of Wisp in his own twisted way, but thats only pertinent to sharing things about Wisp herself. As for what I've already been told exactly Wisp only shared information she said she had found out herself and shared with you already. She didn't give much in the way of details on your recent encounter with kuro other than it leading to you and her making a deal where she backs off and leaves kuro to you. She said it was your business if you wanted to share more than that.-

-Oh small side note do you know anything about a stabbing that happened in the powerpoint fitness center a little while ago?-
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-06-23 at 08:20 PM.