New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU, IC] The Invisible League 3: You actually exploded!

"Let's see if Uriel and Drew can find some first, then we can talk about that, Uriel's probably done with training by now," Opal says, "I want to see what they can find so I know which ones I can give you more easily, the more I have of one color the easier it is to make a living off of them after all," she finishes and leads Claire back to the back yard to see how Uriel and Drew are doing.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The girls would find Drew out back with Uriel and the pokemon, watching and doing some exercises of his own. "Have fun playing with your weird stick?" He asks as they come back to the back yard. He'd watched them when Opal was holding it and rummaging around but hadn't interfered with it.

Spoiler
    Show

+1 Atk Stage

*+1 to AC checks, and +2 to all skills
    *+1 to Crit Range, and +2 to Effect Range

3. - Top - End - #213

"They're called Dowsing Rods, used to find these," Opal holds up a shard, "which I can use for a few things, was curious if you wanted to try using it."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Makes sense." Claire says with a nod as she goes back inside out of the sun and removes her hat and motions for Veil to remove the veil.
    Last edited by Major; 2014-06-27 at 04:32 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It had taken some doing but Uriel had managed to finally get the training session under way; having taken a moment meet and acquaint himself properly with both Barry and Issac, neither of which he'd been able to see in action before then. Personally, Uriel was just glad both pokemon were so well behaved; having had more than his fair share of ill mannered pokemon in the past. After evaluating them both to be in rather fine condition for mon without dedicated training he quickly pieced together a light warm up program for the pair; taking advantage of Drew's presence to ask him the occasional question regarding Barry and his habits both to better hone the session, and to keep Drew from growing idle.

Using few short exercises to warm them up Uriel led the pokemon through what seemed to be a short series of games, ranging from tag and keep away to even like target practice as they tried to snuff out Embers shot by Mani. He was pleasantly by how well trained Tank was, certain the torkoal had received competitive training by how well he took to the exercises once he'd reluctantly agreed; it made him wonder just what had gone on between him and his trainer to push them this far, though he knew better that to bring it up while Tank's wound was still fresh.

Never the less he tried to help the mon keep its mind away from recent events, doing his best to help the Torkoal hone it's skills and gel with the party. The mon had more potential than perhaps it's old trainer realized, and he hoped that helping the morose turtle tap into it might raise his mood. If he could manage to make Tank more amenable to his company as well, then all the better.

Sure enough the Torkoal could hardly conceal it's surprise as Uriel's tips slowly but surely helped fill gaps in its training, surprising most people when he floored accidentally Uriel and several of the other mon with a veritable tempest of steam and wind during one of the practice games; resulting in a thick fog settling in the field until the torkoal managed to banish it as well. Helping the torkoal develop finer control over it's steam and gale swiftly became a priority after the slight accident as he tried to teach the now much less reluctant mon how to better manage and focus the pressure of its steam.

Issac had taken a bit of encouraging to get into the swing of things, but Mani and Barry were able to handle that well enough without him; he swore the young growlithe's mirth seemed to be practically infectious, and he could only hoped he had managed to get Tank pause his rumination on a few brief occasions. The greatest problem he'd had was when Barry had taken to trying to catch Edie's tail puff, but thankfully he'd managed to step in and get them all back on track before things got out of hand. For what it was worth, Eduardo had enjoyed himself while chasing down the pup for all they were worth. All in all, they'd all made their own small victories leaving the young Tutor quite proud of the session.

With the session winding down he left the pokemon to their own devices as they picked up some of the earlier games they'd gone through, trusting Mani to keep an eye on things when he noticed Claire and Opal's arrival. "What's up girls?" he said with a friendly smile in greeting, "If you came to watch I'm sad to say you're a bit late; I'm wrapping up as it is," he explained as he approached the trio, having worked up a bit of a sweat after dealing with so much steam and handling the quintet of pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

Signature Technique used on Tank: Augmenting Air Slash with One-Two Strike.
    *Air Slash has become: Air Raid

Buffs: All of Uriel's mon gain +1 Crit Ratio and AC bonus, and +2 to Skill Checks and Effect Range.

Tank Gains +1 SATK Stage.
    Mani and Eddie gain + 1 ATK Combat Stage.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2014-06-28 at 07:58 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone, Opal house, 10:30 am? pretty sure thats right...
    Anyone wondering where ledian man is will find a note explaining that he had to leave in order to "stay on schedule" but that he will be looking into the dream mist angle to help find when happend to the kidnapping victims.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Shortly before Uriel came over, Claire did a quick look up on her pokegear for artificier's in Castila City.

"Bonjour, Uriel." Claire said when he came over, "Mademoiselle Opal was just showing me how to use some rods." Claire said.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew couldn't help but grin. "If you need some teaching about rods, I'm the guy to come to." He laughs at his own stupid joke. "Sure I'll give it a whirl, how do I make it go?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire tilts her head as Drew confused. "I thought Mademoiselle Opal was a satisfactory instructor." Claire comments oblivious to Drew's joke.

10. - Top - End - #220

Opal gives instructions like she had with Claire to Drew, "best way to learn it is to try it," she says cheerfully.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew just shrugs and takes the thing, giving it a whirl.

Spoiler
    Show

Untrained Occult
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[5]

In case of 6's
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[5]

12. - Top - End - #222

"Oh, an Orange and a Blue, good find!" Opal says to Drew once he's finished, "Uriel, would you like to give it a try?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Sure..." he says as he hesitantly picked up the rods, they didn't seem that complicated after all. He supposed he didn't lose anything for trying.

"So what exactly do you want these crystals for?" Uriel inquired as he tried to use the rods.

Spoiler
    Show

(2d6)[2][4](6)

In case of 6s: (2d6)[2][2](4)
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224

"I can make things with them, elemental stones, type boosters, type braces, and elemental gems. I make money off of the things I make with them," Opal says simply, "Claire also wants a few for getting a stat booster, you needed three, right?" the last part she aimed at Claire.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Uriel nodded absentmindedly to the explenation as he paced around, trying to get the hang of the device. After a few minutes he walked over to Opal once more, an orange shard in hand which he quickly passed on to the young medium. "Well, in any case we best be off to the Dojo then; still coming Claire?" he asked as he called over the mon; congratulating them on the session they'd had, and thanking Barry and Isaac for being so well behaved, before returning his Mon.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2014-06-30 at 08:50 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Three assuming you allow me to keep the ones I found. Six total, if I heard you correctly. I mean, I did find them with your dowsing rods, so I could understand if you wanted to keep them." Claire noted. "Color for a stat booster shouldn't matter, so any six will work if you want specific colors." She noted.

She looks to Uriel and nods, "I still plan on coming." She says with a nod. "Just working on any shards if Mademoiselle Opal is able to spare any."

17. - Top - End - #227

"Well, four orange shards will let me make a shiny stone or a normal, fighting, or dragon booster, so I'd like to keep them," Opal says simply, "the ones you dowsed you can keep, and you don't have to pay me for the others, you should talk to Drew and Uriel about payment since they found them. I usually charge or pay two hundred for each unrefined shard, half for friends or colleagues," she continues, giving her own experiences with them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Price is based on the number in an evo stone, 4, and dividing the price of the evo stone, 3000, by that number to get a basic number of 375. Then I took about half off for it being a raw material to bring shards to 200 each (an elemental gem would likely be the 375), if you have any problems with that let me know and I'll adjust appropriately.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire nods, "Thank you." She asks as she glances at the others, "So are any of you without oranges wanting to sell any for a certain amount?" Claire asks tilting her head. "Or perhaps work out some deal or barter?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Claires google search
    You are bound to find a jeweler in almost any shopping center they all seem to be part of one chain or another but you never remember such establishments back home advertising that they would make boosters from any old rock people bring in. Doesn't hurt to ask though. More interesting is that there seems to be more general open air markets near the north end of town where more "independent" craftsmen could be found.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire marks down the location of a few of the local independent ones. Independent crafters were more likely to be willing to work out a deal. Plus most likely the jewelry shops wouldn't have crafters there, but would have the crafting done elsewhere and mass-shipped.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Uriel shrugs good naturedly, "You can have mind, don't worry about it," he comments as he hands the shard over to Claire.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"I dunno. This thing is pretty valuable." Drew in fact had no idea to the item's value. "Maybe a favor to be named at a later date?"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Claire nods, "That would be acceptable." She says with a nod. Once arrangements were made she slipped on the hat and headed out to the car assuming Uriel was ready.
    Last edited by Major; 2014-07-04 at 12:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Well, take care; see you all later," Uriel said cheerfully in parting to Drew and Opal before heading out with Claire. Once outside the young man approached the vehicle with a hint of trepidation, last night's fiasco fresh on his mind as he opened the passenger door; for a moment staring at the doorway as if it were the maw of a beast, before shaking his hesitance of and stepping with in. It was just a car; a freaky, overly designed car, but still just a car.

Surely he was over reacting.

Distracting himself Uriel's eye focused on Veil, the twinge of fascination reminding him of their prior arrangement. "Oh right! Claire did you still want me to have a moment with Veil?" he inquired as he buckled himself in.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Uriel
    It was just a car; a freaky, overly designed car, but still just a car.

Surely he was over reacting.
    You could almost swear you hear deep low chuckling coming from the black evil depths of the car as you buckle your seat belt.
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-05 at 10:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Veil seemed to desire it." Claire says with a nod. "Unless that changed. Sadly I'm not as skilled at communicating with Pokemon. I can typically understand Faux, but I've faught with her and worked with her. I guess I understand the hunter fighter mindset better." She noted as she got in and turned on the car. "I'll let her talk first, then I have to talk as well." She added. "Dojo first? Do you mind if I swing by a shop on a corner just to nab some healing items. Veil got a bit hurt earlier."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Uriel nods in understanding as Mani settled himself down on Uriel's lap, "Go right ahead! Though we can also stop by the Pokemon Center if you want," he offered kindly before resting his weight against the chair and folding his arms softly around Mani's midsection, doing his best to ignore the ominous feeling hanging over him. The car seemed to be calmer around Claire; surely the vehicle had already played out its hand last night. He was just being silly, after all it already molested him on accident once; what's the worst that could happen?

"Yeah, most trainers tend to go through something like this when they add a new mon to the family; especially when there's already a strong bond like the once you have with Faux. It's going to take a while for all of you to adapt to Veil being part of your dynamic now, but I'm sure girls 'll pull through. Just need to keep an open mind," he commented amiably, a bit more relaxed now.

"I kinda got used to dealing with all sorts of personalities since I grew up with a big family, and helped out at our daycare; so I'm willing to help you two sort things out any way I can,"
    Last edited by Regalus; 2014-07-05 at 11:05 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Not sure how the Pokemon Center would react towards me walking in and undressing." Claire comments, "Plus it was nothing serious. Just phasing drain." Claire commented as she headed towards a nearby pokemart.

She nodded at Veil, "Feel free to tell him whatever it is that was bothering you."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Mani
    Veil seems to be a bit of a motor mouth, and some underlying built up emotion sure isn't helping. Over the course of her rambling Viel spills the entirety of her experience with Claire from the warehouse up to the present from her perspective(wardrobe malfunctions, dreamworlds, stabbings, and sabotaging the fitness center included) an over arching theme of this seems to be a desire to be in sync with claire and to "put on a good show". It seems at first Claire was rejecting most of what viel was doing, and ignoring or falsely accusing her when she didn't do anything(both of which seemed to hurt) and blinded by a preconceived notion of how things would be she couldn't figure out why claire was acting like this. Things eventually seemed to get better for a moment and she finally felt like she was getting in sync. She played along with what Claire wanted but then the events of the stabbing happened she didn't feel like she was satisfied with the results. Strangely it wasn't because she felt guilty about the stabbing, the lies, or the property damage, but rather she was irked over a lack of closure. She didn't like how claire just slipped out and ran from it all and that it was "no way to put on a good show, cause the story ended on a cliff hangar"... Ghosts have really screwy ethics. So now viel isn't sure what she should do or if she wants to keep doing this. Some of Claires recent words and everyones interest has been a bit of a pick me up but she's hesitant to think its a sign that things will get better and that she should keep trying to sync up with claire. After all she thought things were getting better before and the story didn't turn out well.

(Mani can only relay what he has been told in a message with a maximum of 25 words)
    Claire
    the pokemart looks really busy when you arrive
    Last edited by passinglurker; 2014-07-05 at 11:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Drew shrugs and hands her the shard. "I would have given it to you for a candy bar. I have no idea what I could use it for." He sticks out his tongue and waves her off. After that turns to Opal. "So now what?"