New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Video Game protagonists as D&D characters

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Zealianss have elf-like ears,
    Oddly, only Magus's out-of-game artwork has the pointy ears. Given that his skin color is different from Queen Zeal's, Schala's, and even Janus's, and that Janus has rounded ears, this seems to be something unique to Magus, and something that occurred after he came to live among the Mystics.

are immortal,
    I thought part of Queen Zeal's whole reason for building the Mammon Machine and the Ocean Palace was to gain immortality (as well as nigh-unlimited power). Which implies that, even if they live for centuries at a stretch, they're still, ultimately, mortal.

and have more powerful innate magical ability than humans do.
    Well, the distinction is that they have magic at all. The society is split into the Enlightened Ones, those who can use magic, and the Earthbound Ones, those who cannot use magic at all. I don't recall anything to suggest that Crono, Marle, Lucca, and Frog are in any way less capable than the Zealians, except perhaps a lack of practice. Yes, Magus's magic is more powerful than any of the other playable characters, but he specifically comes from a family noted for being unusually powerful, and spent most of his life cultivating that power in preparation for fighting Lavos.

I think Elan would be a good choice (the race, not the ), but you could make a case for them counting as Elves or Aasimar.
    If I do go the non-human route, those are solid choices.

Good point on nobody in CT being a spellbook-caster, they're all spontaneous. Note that the Weather domain gives a cleric Call Lightning, which could work for Crono.
    Really? I looked up Call Lightning in the SRD and it said Druid 3, and nothing else.

... nobody in Chrono Trigger throws around crystals ... .
    Well, there are those colored rocks that give you Triple Techs... .

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Muggins View Post
    Rather than, you know, Adam Jensen. The one from the game.
    I'm not sure if you're posting this as the completed character or to aid in creating the completed character, but we're going strictly game characters from the games.
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

I never use Psionics in my games.

Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by .Zero View Post
    I see a problem in converting FF main protagonists in dnd system: they're all generic Str-based gishes (I'm specifically referring to. to Squall-FF8, Cloud-FF7 and Tidus-FF10) so what we really need to do is the basic Abjurant Champion build and give 'em the Summon Monster X spell, maybe adding Duskblade could be a good idea. I mean, what really would make the difference between Squall or Cloud is the spell list and the Manouvers taken. Warblade seems perfect for the both of 'em. And Tidus just screams Swiftblade to me.

It seems that you all are forgetting two big bosses of the video game popular culture: DMC3's Dante and Vergil. Even if i really. have no idea on how to effectively build Dante (it's surely Str-based, and he'll have Martial Manouvers resembling his Styles), Vergil will definitely be a Shadow Hand-based shadowpouncer with Abrupt Jaunt and a Totemist's Blink Shirt Soulmeld, and the Gloom Razor feat. If you don't want to take the shadowpouncer route, then the Sun School feat is thematically fitting better the concept, although you'll be weaker. if someone does know a better way to get at will teleportation effects, please let me know.
    But the big problem with them is their devil trigger abilities. we need to give them the ability to transform themselves in half fiends, i think. But i really don't know any way to accomplish this.
    Vergil was in DMC3 as a protagonist?
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Xaroth View Post
    I'm not sure if you're posting this as the completed character or to aid in creating the completed character, but we're going strictly game characters from the games.
    The name was meant as a nod to the fact that, in 3.5e, there aren't guns. Well, there are guns, but they're hidden away in the expanded rules of the DMG and they're all exotic, highly inefficient weapons. Jensen also doesn't do anything other than shoot people with them, after which point they (usually) die. This is something which everybody can do, and there's not much room for optimisation with that.

So instead of digging out some obscure rules which nobody knows, I went for the arm blades he uses during (bloody) takedowns. Because everybody likes arm blades.
    Last edited by Muggins; 2014-05-14 at 10:42 AM.
    The Forsaker: A 3.5e revamp.
    Spoiler: CharOP
    Show
    IC 56: Bolivar d'Kundarak (Silver)
    IC 76: Xander Marchand (Silver)
    IC 82: North and East and Gripp (Tied for Gold!)
    VC 17: Liridon (Silver)
    JW 5: Nyan (Gold)
    ZS 24: Isabel (Gold)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Armbars everywhere!

Ahaha. Haha. Hah.

As for Link, I think it's been done to death. I recall seeing a Bard/Ranger/Duskblade build that pretty much had him down to a T.

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    Sure, but it'll be slow going. Also, I'm gonna do the Pathfinder versions first, because I have better access to those resources at the moment.
    All have been added.

Spoiler
    Show

Goku (Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z) has been added to the list. GOOD LUUUUUUCK!

Spoiler
    Show

Kirito (Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment) has been added to the list. He's the exact same as Kirito from the anime.

Spoiler
    Show

Roxas (Kingdom Hearts II) has been added to the list. Oathkeeper and Oblivion are to be assumed.

Spoiler
    Show

Sora (Kingdom Hearts II) has been added to the list. Kingdom Key is to be assumed.
    Last edited by Xaroth; 2014-05-14 at 10:50 AM.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Really? I looked up Call Lightning in the SRD and it said Druid 3, and nothing else.
    Looks like the 3.5 domain doesn't have that spell, but in PF it does.

I thought part of Queen Zeal's whole reason for building the Mammon Machine and the Ocean Palace was to gain immortality (as well as nigh-unlimited power). Which implies that, even if they live for centuries at a stretch, they're still, ultimately, mortal.
    Good point; they're extremely long lived rather than immortal, but I still think that makes them something other than human. Note that humans in Chrono Trigger can't use magic at all, except by being specifically blessed by Spekkio; whereas Mystics and Zealians are very magical.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

Goku, much like Superman, is 'Salient Divine Abilities.' You're not making him any other way.

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Goku, much like Superman, is 'Salient Divine Abilities.' You're not making him any other way.
    I thought the agreed build was some form of Monk/Sorcerer/Wilder with the Ascetic Mage and Tashalatora feats.

Xaroth, have you reached a verdict on my Quasi-Jensen?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    So there's a Jojo's Bizzare Adventures Video Game?
    Yes there is.
    MAGIC, n. An art of converting superstition into coin. There are other arts serving the same high purpose, but the discreet lexicographer does not name them.

Taken from The Devil's Dictionary

Spoiler
    Show
    My Warmage Guidebook (notice I said Guidebook, not Handbook), still in the works.

Pathfinder's Inquisitor Handbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    And they only speak barbarian tongues, which naturally consists of saying "bar bar bar" over and over again.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Good point; they're extremely long lived rather than immortal, but I still think that makes them something other than human. Note that humans in Chrono Trigger can't use magic at all, except by being specifically blessed by Spekkio; whereas Mystics and Zealians are very magical.
    I'm a little unclear on whether they do actually have abnormally long lifespans. I mean, you can assume that the better living conditions means they live longer than the impoverished Earthbound Ones, but I can't recall or find anything to suggest that they live for more than a century or so (ie what we've come to think of as normal, with the benefit of modern hygiene, medicine, technology, etc.).

Ayla's situation confuses the matter, because Spekkio's dialogue suggests that magic is innate, and he's just bringing it forth, but if that's the case, why does Ayla's birth predating the discovery/invention of magic make any difference?

Anyway, this is getting somewhat off the point, I guess. I'll see what I can whip up once I have some time to sit and think.

12. - Top - End - #72

Cue.
    Spoiler: I Never Asked For This
    Show
    Name: Fantasy!Jensen

Basics:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Race: Nimblewright (10 RHD, +6 LA)
    For the majority of the game Adam Jensen is no longer human, but a human mind kept alive by a cybernetic body. Just as a Nimblewright is the soul of a water elemental trapped inside a metal body, Fantasy!Jensen is a human who lives on beyond death as a construct.
    Spoiler: What's a Nimblewright?
    Show
    Nimblewrights offer the following properties:
    • Construct type, traits and immunities.
    • Spell Resistance 27
    • Tipping Thrust: When the nimblewright lands a critical hit, the target is forged to make a DC 19 Reflex save or fall prone as if tripped.
    • Spell-Like Abilities: At-will: alter self, cat's grace, entropic shield, feather fall and haste. Caster level of 10, saves seem to be charisma-based (DC 14).
    • Vulnerabilities: Any cold effect slows the nimblewright for 3 rounds, and any fire effect stuns it for 1 round. Tough cookies.
    • Extra Stuff: Combat Reflexes and Combat Expertise as bonus feats, also gets +7 natural armour.

Ability Scores: 32 Point-Buy
    Base: 16 Str, 14 Dex, 8 Con, 14 Int, 14 Wis, 12 Cha
    Racial: 8 Str, +14 Dex, --- Con, +6 Wis, +8 Cha
    Levels: +3 Strength
    Total: 27 Str, 28 Dex, --- Con, 14 Int, 20 Wis, 20 Cha

Build: Construct 10/Crusader 2/Unarmed Swordsage 2/LA 6
    Spoiler: Courtesy of Zinc Saucier
    Show
    Level (ECL) Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    11 (17) Crusader 1 +8/+3 +5 +3 +3 14 Jump, 9 Concentration, 6 (Cross-Class) Move Silently, 6 (Cross-Class) Hide, 3 Tumble Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve 5
    12 (18) Crusader 2 +9/+4 +6 +3 +3 15 Jump, 12 Concentration, 6 (Cross-Class) Move Silently, 6 (Cross-Class) Hide, 3 Tumble Improved Critical (Rapier-Hand) Indomitable Soul (Charisma to Reflex)
    13 (19) Unarmed Swordsage 1 +9/+4 +6 +5 +5 16 Jump, 16 Concentration, 9 Move Silently, 6 Hide, 3 Tumble Quick to Act +1, Monk's Unarmed Strike, Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus, Diamond Mind)
    14 (20) Unarmed Swordsage 2 +10/+5 +6 +6 +6 17 Jump, 17 Concentration, 13 Move Silently, 6 Hide, 3 Tumble AC Bonus (Wisdom to AC)

ECL 20 Statistics, No Gear:
    HP: 12d10+2d8+20
    AC: 31 (+9 Dexterity, +5 Wisdom, +7 Natural)
    Saves: +6 Fortitude, +20 Reflex, +12 Will
    Attack: +19/+14
    Attacks (Two-Weapon Fighting): +17/+12 and +17
    Attacks (Haste): +20/+15/+20
    Attacks (TWF+Haste): +18/+13+18 and +18
    Damage: 2d6+8 main hand, 2d6+4 off-hand

Maneuvers:
    Spoiler: Crusader
    Show
    Maneuvers: 5 Known, 5 Readied, 2 Granted
    Crusader 1 Maneuvers: Foehammer (Devoted Spirit, Level 2), Mountain Hammer (Stone Dragon, Level 2), Bonecrusher (Stone Dragon, Level 3), Defensive Rebuke (Devoted Spirit, Level 3), Stone Dragon's Fury (Stone Dragon, Level 3)
    Crusader 2 Maneuvers: None.

Stances: 2 Known
    Crusader 1 Stance: Martial Spirit (Devoted Spirit, Level 1)
    Crusader 2 Stance: Thicket of Blades (Devoted Spirit, level 3)

Spoiler: Swordsage
    Show
    Maneuvers: 7 Known, 4 Readied
    Swordsage 1 Maneuvers: Cloak of Deception (Shadow Hand, Level 2), Mind Over Body (Diamond Mind, Level 3), Emerald Razor (Diamond Mind, Level 2), Death from Above (Tiger Claw, Level 4), Flesh Ripper (Tiger Claw, Level 3), Ruby Nightmare Blade (Diamond Mind, Level 4)
    Swordsage 2 Maneuver: Hand of Death (Shadow Hand, Level 4)

Swordsage 1 Stance: Blood in the Water (Tiger Claw, Level 1)
    Swordsage 2 Stance: Child of Shadow (Shadow Hand, Level 1)

Weapons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nimblewrights come pre-packaged with a pair of "rapier-hands," which are stored in their arms when not in use. They can be retrieved or deposited as a free action, deal 2d6 damage and have a critical hit range of 15-20.

At bare minimum, Fantasy!Jensen's rapier-hands possess the Aptitude property. This +1 Enhancement bonus-equivalent ability allows one weapon to count as any other weapon for the purpose of weapon-specific feats. This is your standard crit-fisher affair; Improved Critical doubles his threat range, and then Lightning Maces grants a bonus attack on each critical threat. It's not a perfect build and there's still a chance that he'll run out of attacks, but it was as good as I could manage with a mere four levels to work with.

Critical Threat Calculation:
    Base: 15-20 (6 numbers)
    Improved Critical: 9-20 (6*2 = 12 numbers)

Resources:
    Monster Manual 2
    Tome of Battle
    Complete Warrior
    eeeeexcellent. Did you put the feats for all those RHD in anywhere, though? Obviously you mentioned lightning maces, but I didn't see anything else. Other thoughts I had while pondering this: Battle Jump + Sudden Stunning, to simulate the Icarus landing system. Probably make the arm blades Merciful, in case he just feels like knocking you out.

I'm kinda sad that I can't think of a way to represent the Typhoon, though. I do like how all of the nimblewright's SLAs actually fit rather well with his abilities in game, that was an excellent catch! Now we just need to shift a skill point into craft: clockwork :P

Unfortunately for Jensen, I -did- ask for this.
    The Complete Warrior rules on losing prerequisites for a PrC apply to all books. This bothers me enough to sig it. If you disagree, please PM me, I'm down with being proven wrong.

Steam: Thiyr (The Great and Powerful Bulbasaur).
    SC2: RianL.377. Hit me up for some SC2 if you're on.

Bulbabulbabulbabulba...SAUR.

13. - Top - End - #73

Yes, but so are sorcerers; and nobody in Chrono Trigger throws around crystals and ectoplasm.
    Who says you can't reflavor psionics as magic? You don't need to keep the references to crystals and ectoplasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

14. - Top - End - #74

After ages of contemplation, I'm close to finishing Fantasy!Raiden. The closest "I became a construct!" thing I could find was the Dust-Stuffed template, so I'm using that and making it as good as I can. Just replace references to "dust" with "nanomachines" and you'll do fine, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiyr View Post
    eeeeexcellent. Did you put the feats for all those RHD in anywhere, though? Obviously you mentioned lightning maces, but I didn't see anything else. Other thoughts I had while pondering this: Battle Jump + Sudden Stunning, to simulate the Icarus landing system. Probably make the arm blades Merciful, in case he just feels like knocking you out.

I'm kinda sad that I can't think of a way to represent the Typhoon, though. I do like how all of the nimblewright's SLAs actually fit rather well with his abilities in game, that was an excellent catch! Now we just need to shift a skill point into craft: clockwork :P
    Oh, wow. That's a mighty flub up there; the table is outright missing the construct levels. I have no idea where they've gone, so I guess I'll just have to type it up again. Can't be too hard!
    Edit: It was missing one of those little (TR) tags. I feel stupid.

Thanks, though! Don't forget Cloak of Deception, Child of Shadow and Move Silently for cloaking. They even come with the cooldown from waiting for your singular energy bar to regenerate!
    Last edited by Muggins; 2014-05-14 at 01:16 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

I thought the agreed build was some form of Monk/Sorcerer/Wilder with the Ascetic Mage and Tashalatora feats.

Xaroth, have you reached a verdict on my Quasi-Jensen?
    If you're referring to the Jensen you posted, I responded to it already.

You said in it:
    To which I responded:

Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

16. - Top - End - #76

If you're referring to the Jensen you posted, I responded to it already.
    To which I replied:
    The name was meant as a nod to the fact that, in 3.5e, there aren't guns. Well, there are guns, but they're hidden away in the expanded rules of the DMG and they're all exotic, highly inefficient weapons. Jensen also doesn't do anything other than shoot people with them, after which point they (usually) die. This is something which everybody can do, and there's not much room for optimisation with that.

So instead of digging out some obscure rules which nobody knows, I went for the arm blades he uses during (bloody) takedowns. Because everybody likes arm blades.
    With no feedback yet. My use of the phrase "Fantasy!XXXX" is simply a nod to translation difficulties from video game to 3.5e. As Thiyr says, we haven't been able to find a way to duplicate absolutely everything at the same time. Likewise, breaks from the source need to be made for the fact that some things simply don't exist in 3.5e. Case in point: There's no cyborg template, so I've made do with Dust-Stuffed.
    Last edited by Muggins; 2014-05-14 at 01:18 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Which rendition of Dante are you aiming to see? It is easier to build him from certain DMC games than others. Replicating his most popular incarnation (DMC3) is nearly impossible without epic levels due to his many combat styles (swordmaster, trickster, gunslinger, ect.).

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Which rendition of Dante are you aiming to see? It is easier to build him from certain DMC games than others. Replicating his most popular incarnation (DMC3) is nearly impossible without epic levels due to his many combat styles (swordmaster, trickster, gunslinger, ect.).
    Epic levels are allowed. Also, my question related to Vergil remains unanswered. Is Vergil a protagonist in DMC3?

To which I replied:
    With no feedback yet. My use of the phrase "Fantasy!XXXX" is simply a nod to translation difficulties from video game to 3.5e. As Thiyr says, we haven't been able to find a way to duplicate absolutely everything at the same time. Likewise, breaks from the source need to be made for the fact that some things simply don't exist in 3.5e. Case in point: There's no cyborg template, so I've made do with Dust-Stuffed.
    Right, my bad. In that case, I'll mark you down as having completed it.
    Last edited by Xaroth; 2014-05-14 at 01:29 PM.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Virgil is an antagonist in both of his apearances in the DMC franchise. He is a main enemy in DMC as Nero Angelo and in DMC3. He does have a bit of a redemption moment in both games towards their ends, but is still not a hero in either case.

I think the request comes from the special edition release of DMC3 where he is a playable character running through the original story line that Dante does.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Virgil is an antagonist in both of his apearances in the DMC franchise. He is a main enemy in DMC as Nero Angelo and in DMC3. He does have a bit of a redemption moment in both games towards their ends, but is still not a hero in either case.

I think the request comes from the special edition release of DMC3 where he is a playable character running through the original story line that Dante does.
    Ah, well in that case Vergil will not be added to the list.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

I want to try my hand at Kirito, I have a reasonable idea for him, but it will take me a while before I can actually stat him up.

My build stub is Ranger 2/Fighter 2/ Warblade 2/ Exotic Weapon Master 1/Warblade +3/ Eternal Blade 10 (my only gripe is that he has to be an elf in order for it to work, more Warblade can also work, but Eternal Blade has some really nice features)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #82

Can I request Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Brotherhood?

Only limitations are maximum level of 6 and probably Leadership. Because he's basically a Human with no magical powers.

Spawn from the comicbook is as much a videogame character as Goku from Dragon Ball Z. In addition to appearing in Soul Caliber 2, he appeared in 5 of his own games.

Soma Cruz and Julius (Yurius Bermondo) Belmont from Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow would be interesting.

Also Albus and Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

Let's see how Albus' teleportation is handled.

23. - Top - End - #83

Unless I hear any complaints, I think I've got the tools with which to make Raiden. You know, that guy with the sword.
    Spoiler: Dis Guy
    Show

Question: What format should I be doing these in?
    'Twas foretold, and thus it has arrived! He even gets the surprise round!

Spoiler: ReRaiden Wants ReRevengeance
    Show
    Spoiler: Basics
    Show
    Race: Wood Elf
    Template: Dust-Stuffed (+5 LA)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Base: 14/8/14/16/10/15
    Racial: +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int
    Dust-Stuffed: +4 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con
    Levels: +3 Cha
    Total: 20/14/14/14/10/18

Build: Crusader 4/Samurai 2/Iaijutsu Master 5/Divine Mind 1/Warblade 2/Exemplar 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Crusader 1 +1 +2 +0 +0 4 Iaijutsu Focus, 4 Concentration, 4 Diplomacy, 4 Balance, 4 Intimidate, 4 Jump Aereni Focus (Iaijutsu Focus) Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve 5
    2nd Crusader 2 +2 +3 +0 +0 5 Iaijutsu Focus, 5 Concentration, 5 Diplomacy, 5 Balance, 5 Intimidate, 5 Jump Indomitable Soul (Charisma to Reflex)
    3rd Crusader 3 +3 +3 +1 +1 6 Iaijutsu Focus, 6 Concentration, 6 Diplomacy, 6 Balance, 6 Intimidate, 6 Jump Improved Initiative Zealous Surge
    4th Crusader 4 +4 +4 +1 +1 7 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 7 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 7 Intimidate, 7 Jump Steely Resolve 10
    5th Samurai 1 +5 +6 +1 +3 8 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 8 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 8 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 3 Sense Motive Ancestral Daisho
    6th Samurai 2 +6 +7 +1 +4 9 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 9 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 6 Sense Motive Quick Draw Bonus Feat: Weapon Focus (Katana)
    7th Iaijutsu Master 1 +7 +7 +3 +4 10 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 10 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 10 Sense Motive Weapon Finesse (Katana), Canny Defense (Intelligence to Dexterity to AC)
    8th Iaijutsu Master 2 +8 +7 +4 +4 11 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 11 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 11 Sense Motive, 3 Tumble Lightning Blade (Charisma to Initiative)
    9th Iaijutsu Master 3 +9 +8 +4 +5 12 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 12 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 12 Sense Motive, 6 Tumble Power Attack
    10th Iaijutsu Master 4 +10/+5 +8 +5 +5 13 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 13 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 13 Sense Motive, 9 Tumble Bonus Feat: Skill Focus (Iaijutsu Focus)
    11th Isijutsu Master 5 +11/+6/+1 +8 +5 +5 14 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 12 Tumble Strike from the Void (Charisma to Iaijutsu Focus damage dice)
    12th Divine Mind 1 +11/+6/+1 +10 +5 +7 15 Iaijutsu Focus, 10 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 12 Tumble Combat Brute Mantle (Destruction), Psychic Aura 5ft, Wild Talent
    13th Warblade 1 +12/+7/+2 +12 +5 +7 16 Iaijutsu Focus, 15 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 12 Tumble Battle Clarity (Intelligence to Reflex), Weapon Aptitude
    14th Warblade 2 +13/+8/+3 +13 +5 +7 17 Iaijutsu Focus, 17 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 15 Tumble Uncanny Dodge
    15th Exemplar 1 +13/+8/+3 +13 +5 +9 18 Iaijutsu Focus, 18 Concentration, 15 Diplomacy, 8 Balance, 10 Intimidate, 8 Jump, 15 Sense Motive, 18 Tumble Focused Sunder Skill Artistry (Iaijutsu Focus), Skill Mastery (Iaijutsu Focus, Concentration)

Crusader Maneuvers: ML 9.5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuvers: 6 Known, 5 Readied, 2 Granted
    Crusader 1: Crusader's Strike (Devoted Spirit 1), Vanguard Strike (Devoted Spirit 1), Charging Minotaur (Stone Dragon 1), Douse the Flames (White Raven 1), Leading the Attack (White Raven 1)
    Crusader 2: None.
    Crusader 3: Mountain Hammer (Stone Dragon 2)
    Crusader 4: None.

Crusader 1: Martial spirit (Devoted Spirit 1)
    Crusader 2: Stonefoot Stance (Stone Dragon 1)
    Crusader 3: None.

Warblade Maneuvers: ML 8.5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuvers: 4 Known, 3 Readied
    Warblade 1: Iron Heart Surge (Iron Heart 3), Emerald Razor (Diamond Mind 2), Action Before Thought (Diamond Mind 2)
    Warblade 2: Ruby Nightmare Blade (Diamond Mind 4)

Stances: 1 Known
    Warblade 1: Punishing Stance (Iron Heart 1)
    Warblade 2: None.

How Much Raiden Is In My Raiden?
    Spoiler: Mimicry
    Show
    Hitting Really Hard? Yessir.
    • When wielding a Katana in two hands, Raiden deals 1d10+7 base damage.
    • Iaijutsu Focus: If Raiden can catch an enemy flat-footed, he'll deal extra damage after drawing a weapon. This is a skill check, buffed up with skill ranks, by skill focus bonuses and by Exemplar levels. He doesn't even need to roll; if he wants to make an Iaijutsu Focus check, he takes 10 for a result of 42. This grants him 7d6+28 bonus damage on each hit.
      While not spectacular, it still grants him 4d6+16 extra damage on every attack (as a baseline, without items).
    • To aid in catching enemies flat-footed, Raiden keeps the Divine Mind's Psychic Aura in Perception mode for an extra +2. Accounting for Improved Initiative and Lightning Blade, he has an Initiative modifier of about +12.
    • Raiden primarily uses one Katana, forged from adamantine and given the Shadow Striking enchantment (which ignores all Damage Reduction). If he wants to trigger multiple Iaijutsu Focus attacks in one round, he draws another Katana (likely a regular one, since he's not swimming in gold), attacks with it using one hand, then drops it. There's no penalty to doing this so long as he doesn't gain any extra attacks from it.
    • His maneuvers are geared towards high-damage attacks, with a little bit of movement, healing and durability.

Result: Raiden acts first, cuts up all your junk and then cuts up you too. How considerate of him.

Cutting Things Into Tiny Bits? You betcha.
    • Divine Mind's Psychic Aura (Destruction) ability halves any hardness during sunder attempts.
    • The Destruction Mantle's ability grants Improved Sunder while focused, and if you expend your focus while sundering you ignore 4 points of hardness.
    • Focused Sunder halves any hardness at the cost of psionic focus.
    • Combat Brute's Sundering Cleave ability gives you an extra attack after a successful sunder attempt.
    • Iaijutsu Focus can be used with sundering attempts. This doesn't seem to require anything to be flat-footed.

Result: Raiden only has to go through a quarter of an object's hardness while sundering, plus an additional -4. Iaijutsu Focus adds some extra meat to these sundering attacks to ensure that they don't fall flat.

How Robo Is My Robo-Raiden? Dusty.
    • Dust-Stuffed Nanomachine-Buffed Robo-Raiden gets some new toys. One of them is 3/day Haste with a caster level equal to his hit dice, because everybody loves Haste.
    • He gets DR 15/Bludgeoning, because nanomachines make you tough.
    • If he takes 20 points of damage from a slashing or piercing weapon, he releases a cloud of dust which penalises the attacks, saves and skills of adjacent enemies. Neat!
    • Oh, and he's a Construct (Living Construct) without the vulnerability to Heat Metal and similar nonsense. Comes with immunities and is generally a Good Thing.

Result: I am a cyborg. Beep boop.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    Resource List
    Player's Guide to Eberron: Aereni Focus
    Tome of Battle: Crusader, Warblade, Maneuvers
    Complete Warrior: Combat Brute
    Expanded Psionics Handbook: Focused Sunder
    Complete Psionics: Divine Mind
    Oriental Adventures: Iaijutsu Focus, Iaijutsu Master, Samurai
    Tome of Magic: Shadow Striking
    Explorer's Handbook: Dust-Stuffed
    Last edited by Muggins; 2014-05-14 at 09:09 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Finishing off Raiden felt nice. I guess I should look into making some more guys, because this list is only growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    I want to try my hand at Kirito, I have a reasonable idea for him, but it will take me a while before I can actually stat him up.

My build stub is Ranger 2/Fighter 2/ Warblade 2/ Exotic Weapon Master 1/Warblade +3/ Eternal Blade 10 (my only gripe is that he has to be an elf in order for it to work, more Warblade can also work, but Eternal Blade has some really nice features)
    Unless I'm mistaken, his second avatar was a "spriggan." You know, one of those not-elves from the not-forest-kingdom. Elf works if you want it to.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Not really, the build I posted only covers him in AEincrad, if I wanted to do him as a Spriggan I would have to fit in some spellcasting.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

@Xarorh
    Vergil was a protagonist in both ps2 DMC3 Special Edition ( he gets his personal. movies) and in ps3/X360 DMC. It seems pretty resonable to me that he get his mention here.
    I'm Italian, thus I'm historically predisposed to ignorance.

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Can I request Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Brotherhood?

Only limitations are maximum level of 6 and probably Leadership. Because he's basically a Human with no magical powers.

Spawn from the comicbook is as much a videogame character as Goku from Dragon Ball Z. In addition to appearing in Soul Caliber 2, he appeared in 5 of his own games.

Soma Cruz and Julius (Yurius Bermondo) Belmont from Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow would be interesting.

Also Albus and Shanoa from Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.

Let's see how Albus' teleportation is handled.
    You may request them, I'll add them to the list.

I was not aware that Spawn appeared in games as a game had not been listed for Spawn with the request. I'm going to add Spawn from Spawn: Armageddon.
    Last edited by Xaroth; 2014-05-14 at 05:36 PM.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

28. - Top - End - #88

'Twas foretold, and thus it has arrived! He even gets the surprise round!

Spoiler: ReRaiden Wants ReRevengeance
    Show
    Spoiler: Basics
    Show
    Race: Wood Elf
    Template: Dust-Stuffed (+5 LA)
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Base: 14/8/14/16/10/15
    Racial: +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Int
    Dust-Stuffed: +4 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con
    Levels: +3 Cha
    Total: 20/14/14/14/10/18

Build: Crusader 4/Samurai 2/Iaijutsu Master 5/Divine Mind 1/Warblade 2/Exemplar 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
    1st Crusader 1 +1 +2 +0 +0 4 Iaijutsu Focus, 4 Concentration, 4 Diplomacy, 4 Balance, 4 Intimidate, 4 Jump Aereni Focus (Iaijutsu Focus) Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve 5
    2nd Crusader 2 +2 +3 +0 +0 5 Iaijutsu Focus, 5 Concentration, 5 Diplomacy, 5 Balance, 5 Intimidate, 5 Jump Indomitable Soul (Charisma to Reflex)
    3rd Crusader 3 +3 +3 +1 +1 6 Iaijutsu Focus, 6 Concentration, 6 Diplomacy, 6 Balance, 6 Intimidate, 6 Jump Improved Initiative Zealous Surge
    4th Crusader 4 +4 +4 +1 +1 7 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 7 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 7 Intimidate, 7 Jump Steely Resolve 10
    5th Samurai 1 +5 +6 +1 +3 8 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 8 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 8 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 3 Sense Motive Ancestral Daisho
    6th Samurai 2 +6 +7 +1 +4 9 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 9 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 6 Sense Motive Quick Draw Bonus Feat: Weapon Focus (Katana)
    7th Iaijutsu Master 1 +7 +7 +3 +4 10 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 10 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 10 Sense Motive Weapon Finesse (Katana), Canny Defense (Intelligence to Dexterity to AC)
    8th Iaijutsu Master 2 +8 +7 +4 +4 11 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 11 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 11 Sense Motive, 3 Tumble Lightning Blade (Charisma to Initiative)
    9th Iaijutsu Master 3 +9 +8 +4 +5 12 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 12 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 12 Sense Motive, 6 Tumble Power Attack
    10th Iaijutsu Master 4 +10/+5 +8 +5 +5 13 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 13 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 13 Sense Motive, 9 Tumble Bonus Feat: Skill Focus (Iaijutsu Focus)
    11th Isijutsu Master 5 +11/+6/+1 +8 +5 +5 14 Iaijutsu Focus, 7 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 12 Tumble Strike from the Void (Charisma to Iaijutsu Focus damage dice)
    12th Divine Mind 1 +11/+6/+1 +10 +5 +7 15 Iaijutsu Focus, 10 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 12 Tumble Combat Brute Mantle (Destruction), Psychic Aura 5ft, Wild Talent
    13th Warblade 1 +12/+7/+2 +12 +5 +7 16 Iaijutsu Focus, 15 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 12 Tumble Battle Clarity (Intelligence to Reflex), Weapon Aptitude
    14th Warblade 2 +13/+8/+3 +13 +5 +7 17 Iaijutsu Focus, 17 Concentration, 14 Diplomacy, 7 Balance, 9 Intimidate, 7 Jump, 14 Sense Motive, 15 Tumble Uncanny Dodge
    15th Exemplar 1 +13/+8/+3 +13 +5 +9 18 Iaijutsu Focus, 18 Concentration, 15 Diplomacy, 8 Balance, 10 Intimidate, 8 Jump, 15 Sense Motive, 18 Tumble Focused Sunder Skill Artistry (Iaijutsu Focus), Skill Mastery (Iaijutsu Focus, Concentration)

Crusader Maneuvers: ML 9.5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuvers: 6 Known, 5 Readied, 2 Granted
    Crusader 1: Crusader's Strike (Devoted Spirit 1), Vanguard Strike (Devoted Spirit 1), Charging Minotaur (Stone Dragon 1), Douse the Flames (White Raven 1), Leading the Attack (White Raven 1)
    Crusader 2: None.
    Crusader 3: Mountain Hammer (Stone Dragon 2)

Crusader 1: Martial spirit (Devoted Spirit 1)
    Crusader 2: Stonefoot Stance (Stone Dragon 1)
    Crusader 3: None.

Warblade Maneuvers: ML 8.5
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuvers: 4 Known, 3 Readied
    Warblade 1: Iron Heart Surge (Iron Heart 3), Emerald Razor (Diamond Mind 2), Action Before Thought (Diamond Mind 2)
    Warblade 2: Ruby Nightmare Blade (Diamond Mind 4)

Stances: 1 Known
    Warblade 1: Punishing Stance (Iron Heart 1)
    Warblade 2: None.

How Much Raiden Is In My Raiden?
    Spoiler: Mimicry
    Show
    Hitting Really Hard? Yessir.
    • When wielding a Katana in two hands, Raiden deals 1d10+7 base damage.
    • Iaijutsu Focus: If Raiden can catch an enemy flat-footed, he'll deal extra damage after drawing a weapon. This is a skill check, buffed up with skill ranks, by skill focus bonuses and by Exemplar levels. He doesn't even need to roll; if he wants to make an Iaijutsu Focus check, he takes 10 for a result of 25. While not spectacular, it still grants him 4d6+16 extra damage on every attack (as a baseline, without items).
    • To aid in catching enemies flat-footed, Raiden keeps the Divine Mind's Psychic Aura in Perception mode for an extra +2. Accounting for Improved Initiative and Lightning Blade, he has an Initiative modifier of about +12.
    • Raiden primarily uses one Katana, forged from adamantine and given the Shadow Striking enchantment (which ignores all Damage Reduction). If he wants to trigger multiple Iaijutsu Focus attacks in one round, he draws another Katana (likely a regular one, since he's not swimming in gold), attacks with it using one hand, then drops it. There's no penalty to doing this so long as he doesn't gain any extra attacks from it.
    • His maneuvers are geared towards high-damage attacks, with a little bit of movement, healing and durability.

Result: Raiden acts first, cuts up all your junk and then cuts up you too. How considerate of him.

Cutting Things Into Tiny Bits? You betcha.
    • Divine Mind's Psychic Aura (Destruction) ability halves any hardness during sunder attempts.
    • The Destruction Mantle's ability grants Improved Sunder while focused, and if you expend your focus while sundering you ignore 4 points of hardness.
    • Focused Sunder halves any hardness at the cost of psionic focus.
    • Combat Brute's Sundering Cleave ability gives you an extra attack after a successful sunder attempt.
    • Iaijutsu Focus can be used with sundering attempts. This doesn't seem to require anything to be flat-footed.

Result: Raiden only has to go through a quarter of an object's hardness while sundering, plus an additional -4. Iaijutsu Focus adds some extra meat to these sundering attacks to ensure that they don't fall flat.

How Robo Is My Robo-Raiden? Dusty.
    • Dust-Stuffed Nanomachine-Buffed Robo-Raiden gets some new toys. One of them is 3/day Haste with a caster level equal to his hit dice, because everybody loves Haste.
    • He gets DR 15/Bludgeoning, because nanomachines make you tough.
    • If he takes 20 points of damage from a slashing or piercing weapon, he releases a cloud of dust which penalises the attacks, saves and skills of adjacent enemies. Neat!
    • Oh, and he's a Construct (Living Construct) without the vulnerability to Heat Metal and similar nonsense. Comes with immunities and is generally a Good Thing.

Result: I am a cyborg. Beep boop.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    Resource List
    Player's Guide to Eberron: Aereni Focus
    Tome of Battle: Crusader, Warblade, Maneuvers
    Complete Warrior: Combat Brute
    Expanded Psionics Handbook: Focused Sunder
    Complete Psionics: Divine Mind
    Oriental Adventures: Iaijutsu Focus, Iaijutsu Master, Samurai
    Tome of Magic: Shadow Striking
    Explorer's Handbook: Dust-Stuffed
    Holy hell, nice job.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

29. - Top - End - #89

ElfWarriorGuy

I am a complete noob at this, but I guess I'll be productive and try and build the marked ninja. Literally 100% on the game should give me some authority on the topic. Just nobody expect him done any time soon
    I'M NOT CRAZY!!

I just find sanity a rather dull affair

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by .Zero View Post
    @Xaroth
    Vergil was a protagonist in both ps2 DMC3 Special Edition ( he gets his personal. movies) and in ps3/X360 DMC. It seems pretty resonable to me that he get his mention here.
    I'll go with his DMC3 version then. As for DMC for the 360/PS3, It'd appear you haven't played the whole game. Unless you're referring to the DLC.
    Check out my threads:

Gold Dragon - Go Bard.