New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 5: Egocentric Changeling Hive

The question itself brings on questions. On the whole, yes, but also decide whether you're killing it. Or trying to. Also note what Static is doing to avoid the explosion that was produced - it's not a single target blast, and the concussive force is going to do something to just about everyone within that radius.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    @GOP: In reference for the Griffin Duchess, is tehre anything I should be doing with Branching Paths?
    I may have lost track about what Branching is up to, if you want she's currently in Manehatten if you'd like to get up to shenanigans with the retinue
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

I am the worst at posting. I should really just retire from this thing and stop holding everyone up with this back and forth of "gonna post tonight" followed by another two weeks of not posting.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    I am the worst at posting. I should really just retire from this thing and stop holding everyone up with this back and forth of "gonna post tonight" followed by another two weeks of not posting.
    Aw, I would be sad to see you go. I mean, the RP is already slow as it is, so frankly you're aren't really holding anything up.

5. - Top - End - #515

going to try and post up tomorrow. Work sort of exploded
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

MCerberus and Kelvin, I presume it's okay to advance the plot?

7. - Top - End - #517

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    MCerberus and Kelvin, I presume it's okay to advance the plot?
    GoP is ready to move forward a bit
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518

Sorry for the slow, work has been crazy, posting up
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to apologize as well for dropping off the face of the earth. I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what to write next. I await prompting in Main, but I was trying to decide whether to let you have a bit more conversation in the desert adventure or just skip to the city.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    I'd like to apologize as well for dropping off the face of the earth. I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what to write next. I await prompting in Main, but I was trying to decide whether to let you have a bit more conversation in the desert adventure or just skip to the city.
    I'm fine with moving on, personally. And good to have you back!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

MCerberus, did you accidentally leave out a response for Cirrus?

12. - Top - End - #522
    Dwarf in the Playground

Where is everyone? Most of the threads have gone quiet for a long time.

I've been working on the post for Misc. Adventures. I think it's best if I just skip to the various characters' destinations, but it's not easy to figure out when the characters should come back in. There isn't a lot for them to do most of the way except for comment on scenery, but I don't really want to railroad you too much either.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I kinda phased out/pussyfooted away from most of my scenes and into outside, personal projects. Thus why STATIC is dead, GoP is a one-man show and Arvadraa has weeklong delays. I think I can more or less guarantee a presence in Bridle Shores and the Cirrus to some degree, but bigger campaign participation isn't going to happen right now.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been working on the post for Misc. Adventures. I think it's best if I just skip to the various characters' destinations, but it's not easy to figure out when the characters should come back in. There isn't a lot for them to do most of the way except for comment on scenery, but I don't really want to railroad you too much either.
    A little railroading never hurts.

But eh, we're probably looking at another thread consolidation if this keeps up.

15. - Top - End - #525

I'm going to be able to respond faster coming up, just ended two weeks of work unpleasantness going live with a software project that they refused to test on their end (and these were two weeks out of state)
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Judging by the ever decreasing response, I think it'll be realistic to just wrap up any ongoing plotline, then call it a day.

It has been a good run, guys, but one person does not make a RP and I am increasingly thinking I'm just prolonging it unnecessarily. I'll continue what I have started, but I will no longer start anything new.

It has been an honour.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Judging by the ever decreasing response, I think it'll be realistic to just wrap up any ongoing plotline, then call it a day.

It has been a good run, guys, but one person does not make a RP and I am increasingly thinking I'm just prolonging it unnecessarily. I'll continue what I have started, but I will no longer start anything new.

It has been an honour.
    Such is the way of things. As much as we may not want to at times, everything has its ending.

All things considered, keeping something like this running for as long as we have is something to be proud of. And it's much, much better to end on our own terms rather than letting things sputter out to nothing. There's nothing stopping folks if they want to keep posting if they like, but we should focus on wrapping up the stories currently in progress.

Without this and other FFRPs, I would not be as big into tabletop gaming as I am now. I would not have met the friends that I chat with on a daily basis. I would not have Sandy, and without him, I would not have his story either. Suffice to say, this game and all ya'll have had an enormous impact on me, my writing, and the last few years of my life. It's been a pleasure writing with each and every one of you, and I wish you the best in wherever the internet takes you next.

Let's finish this thing strong.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-11-28 at 11:33 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Giving up? That's a shame. I had so much I wanted to do with this setting, even without people to do it with. Maybe we can start a separate thread for writing further stories extrapolating on our characters' lives? That way, we don't have to wait for each other, but can keep on writing.

I've got to say it's been a pleasure working with you. I feel like I've grown a lot, both as a writer and a roleplayer. I've had a chance to experiment, to build connections, and to compare my ideas with those of others. Furthermore, I've found several new friends. People have come and gone, but we created something special together. That's one thing I'll always have happy memories of.

I guess I'll wish you all luck wherever life takes you. And if you ever feel like coming back to read stories about this world, or even write them, I'll be there to share them with you. And, if you have any new ideas for shared worlds, please let me know; I still love roleplaying.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

I had one or two plans left for Lone Star, but they only really work if built up over the course of a few stories. Hay Bale was never meant to have an arc or an overall plan (though I did like the small story with Sandy and was hoping that would continue) but I finally worked out her actual backstory and I'm sad to see her go. And Wrench...

... I don't even really know where he is or what he's doing. No big loss.

... heh. I actually worked out what Lone Star and Es' daughter would be like if she came back to the present day...

But yeah. Let's finish it here and strong. I can't stand when games just peter out.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #530
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I guess I'd better get the scenes in Mareabia finished, then call it quits. Once that's done and the Cirrus stuff is wrapped up, I'll post little final scenes for each character, hinting at what will become of them in the future. I suppose this is a good closing point for most of them. If we do end up with a non-roleplay story thread, though, they'll still have space for sequels (and occasional prequels).

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Giving up? That's a shame. I had so much I wanted to do with this setting, even without people to do it with. Maybe we can start a separate thread for writing further stories extrapolating on our characters' lives? That way, we don't have to wait for each other, but can keep on writing.

I've got to say it's been a pleasure working with you. I feel like I've grown a lot, both as a writer and a roleplayer. I've had a chance to experiment, to build connections, and to compare my ideas with those of others. Furthermore, I've found several new friends. People have come and gone, but we created something special together. That's one thing I'll always have happy memories of.

I guess I'll wish you all luck wherever life takes you. And if you ever feel like coming back to read stories about this world, or even write them, I'll be there to share them with you. And, if you have any new ideas for shared worlds, please let me know; I still love roleplaying.
    I wouldn't call it giving up. More a tacit realisation that perhaps the game in its current format isn't working as well as it had in the past. Maybe we needed to change medium. To a chat-based medium, perhaps. Or maybe moving this to the Structured Games subforum instead, and switch to a short story format. Maybe get more people in as fresh air. Anything. But to continue on like this is to ask for the thing we all had been dreading: the game petering out when everyone loses interest.

I'm glad you still have interest in continuing the world. I do too. I think it has become one of my proudest work of world-building to date, even with the occasional rough patches. But I think it is time we acknowledge that its time here in the FFRP forum is limited if we continue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I had one or two plans left for Lone Star, but they only really work if built up over the course of a few stories. Hay Bale was never meant to have an arc or an overall plan (though I did like the small story with Sandy and was hoping that would continue) but I finally worked out her actual backstory and I'm sad to see her go. And Wrench...

... I don't even really know where he is or what he's doing. No big loss.

... heh. I actually worked out what Lone Star and Es' daughter would be like if she came back to the present day...

But yeah. Let's finish it here and strong. I can't stand when games just peter out.
    Speaking of Es... I have a post to do!

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Giving up? That's a shame. I had so much I wanted to do with this setting, even without people to do it with.
    I wouldn't call it giving up. More a tacit realisation that perhaps the game in its current format isn't working as well as it had in the past. Maybe we needed to change medium. To a chat-based medium, perhaps. Or maybe moving this to the Structured Games subforum instead, and switch to a short story format. Maybe get more people in as fresh air. Anything. But to continue on like this is to ask for the thing we all had been dreading: the game petering out when everyone loses interest.
    Aye. Games come and go all the time. That we kept this one going for as long as we did is seriously impressive. But it's just going to peter out if we keep on going the way we are.

Maybe we can start a separate thread for writing further stories extrapolating on our characters' lives? That way, we don't have to wait for each other, but can keep on writing.
    I'm glad you still have interest in continuing the world. I do too. I think it has become one of my proudest work of world-building to date, even with the occasional rough patches. But I think it is time we acknowledge that its time here in the FFRP forum is limited if we continue like this.
    Aye! There's literally nothing stopping us from making a story/writing thread, or even continuing on little character scenes if we so desire. The game as a game has pretty much run its course, but that doesn't mean you have to stop telling stories. I'd certainly read them.

That's pretty much exactly what I did with my Sandy blog. I still wanted to tell some stories with the little guy, so I found a place to do that.

Hay Bale was never meant to have an arc or an overall plan (though I did like the small story with Sandy and was hoping that would continue) but I finally worked out her actual backstory and I'm sad to see her go.
    What did you have in mind? Backstage sounds like just the place for a last scene/interaction between those two. Leave them on a good note and all that. (badum-tish)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2015-11-30 at 11:27 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    What did you have in mind? Backstage sounds like just the place for a last scene/interaction between those two. Leave them on a good note and all that. (badum-tish)
    It wasn't a particularly strong idea, I just liked their scenes together. I thought that the stuff between Sandy and Balboa was going to turn a lot more... malicious/hostile. And that Hay Bale - crazy wildcard that she is - would be Sandy's ally/friend within Balboa's staff.

... Most of my 'plans' for these characters were like that: vague concepts and ideas more than actual plans.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

It wasn't a particularly strong idea, I just liked their scenes together. I thought that the stuff between Sandy and Balboa was going to turn a lot more... malicious/hostile. And that Hay Bale - crazy wildcard that she is - would be Sandy's ally/friend within Balboa's staff.

... Most of my 'plans' for these characters were like that: vague concepts and ideas more than actual plans.
    I getcha. They did have a nice dynamic going.

I'm going to talk some ideas over with Benson. Maybe we can get a final scene to leave the Hay Bale/Balboa/Sandy relationship in a good spot.

25. - Top - End - #535

Alright... I say work is going to calm down...
    I'll get a post up soon and then start thinking about wind-down plans.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

MCerberus, with only you left active in Game of Ponies, I'm going to have to discontinue that particular plot. So yeah, sorry about that.

It had potential, but it would only really worked with three or more playing, unfortunately.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Merry Christmas guys.

I hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Merry Christmas guys.

I hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday.
    Same to you. Merry Christmas, all!

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

Long time no see folks.

Was wondering if you'd be alright with an old player returning...and possibly bringing back Simmer with him. ^^

Redeemed version, or backtracking to unaligned villain, either way would be fine with me...if it's alright.

I might remake the old combat instructor too...or maybe some other character to play with.

Just looking to rejoin if it's alright. :)

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco