New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 5: Egocentric Changeling Hive

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    I'll be annoying the hell out of Grif later.

As for Game of Pony's, think you can hop on Steam or something this week?
    Roger that, will be on later this week.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I'm intrigued. Tell me more.
    right now the best general-knowledge thing I can drop is "fun with dopplegangers"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    right now the best general-knowledge thing I can drop is "fun with dopplegangers"
    There's no way this cannot end well.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Make that tomorrow night, just spent my evening moving furniture and trying to make my kid sleep on time...

Which has still not worked so yay for that.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm back. Somewhat. Let me get my poking stick so we can start wrapping up scenes.

*poking Purity for Game of Ponies*

6. - Top - End - #36

*continues to bash head against wall because finding time to sit down and just write is ridiculous this week*

DAY OFF TODAY, WILL WRITE AND FINISH THIS.

THEN NEVER INVADE A TOWN AGAIN.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    THEN NEVER INVADE A TOWN AGAIN.
    And thus, Bridle Shores starts to employ all potential villains in tedious, but well-paying 9-5 jobs as a strategic defense.

The town is never invaded again.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I want to join you...you know if you let me to
    If it sounds like I'm trolling I'm really not.

I'm not the smartest thing ever[even know I can seem like it] so I'm going to be wrong some times so just call me out on it.[i swear I'm not trolling]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Findpathfencer View Post
    I want to join you...you know if you let me to
    Do you have a character in mind?

10. - Top - End - #40

I'll have something up later today, my apologies for constantly screwing this over on my end.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Do you have a character in mind?
    Well the last one in the characters list or...a changeling

I'm not the smartest thing ever[even know I can seem like it] so I'm going to be wrong some times so just call me out on it.[i swear I'm not trolling]

12. - Top - End - #42

My apologies, issue with my bath came up that took up more of my weekend than I realized. Have it mostly done, posting by my lunchtime today.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Findpathfencer View Post
    Well the last one in the characters list or...a changeling
    Ah. My apologies, real-life is running rings around me and this slipped my mind. Did you post it in the character threads by any chance?

(I hope you're reading this.)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ah. My apologies, real-life is running rings around me and this slipped my mind. Did you post it in the character threads by any chance?

(I hope you're reading this.)
    I'm always reading this.

Um probably.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quick question, Merellis: Exactly how much is being smashed in the hospital? Are the edges of the room's floor still intact, or the walls?
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

My question is more minor and basically just a small grammar issue.

The force-field shimmering into being is the only thing that saves Bumble, well, that and the shout from their little intruder.
    Did Starbeam accidentally save Bumble, or did you mean...uh...whatever the pegasus' name is and just slipped?
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    My question is more minor and basically just a small grammar issue.

Did Starbeam accidentally save Bumble, or did you mean...uh...whatever the pegasus' name is and just slipped?
    Windy Breeze.

@Findpathfencer
    Apologies for the long delay. It's been quite a lull in the RP. I'll look over the character tonight and tell you what I tell, mmkay?

18. - Top - End - #48

Okay, posted. Posted faaaar too late.

Lets get this scene finished off so we can go back to me not mucking it all up! :D

@Kelvin: Both Night Jewel and Starbeam assisted in helping Bumble through the shield, and Night Jewel giving a nice little shout.

Sure Strike most likely cracked the walls and took a bit of them down to the second floor with her, Bumble, and the floor... and possibly the force-fielded victim unless it floats.
    Last edited by Merellis; 2014-07-13 at 06:27 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, could I maybe get a little more info on the shadow network in the guardhouse? What levels does it cover, what's it aiming for, etc? Specifically, is it connected to the first level, or is it exclusive to the second?
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

I would like to apologize for up and disappearing completely. Life has been a crazy mismash.
    I love you all, but I'm afraid I'll no longer be roleplaying.
    My apologies for any trouble I've caused in my time here, and I just wanted to say
    You were all fantastic.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    I would like to apologize for up and disappearing completely. Life has been a crazy mismash.
    My apologies for any trouble I've caused in my time here, and I just wanted to say
    You were all fantastic.
    Glad to have you on board while you were here, and best of luck to wherever life takes you.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-07-13 at 10:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    You were all fantastic.
    Good luck in your life! It was fun while it lasted.

As for FWM proper, I'm waiting for Kelvin's reply before proceeding with the scene.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm still around. Just waiting for Merellis to respond to a PM, since I need to check with him about something before progressing.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a new character, actually. Some of you may remember Lucky Break from the Fallout: Equestria RP? I'm thinking I may reprise my role of the idiot pegasus, albeit with a few tweaks to better fit this setting. I'm thinking he may be a hired gun, treasure hunter, and general jack-of-all trades from the Badlands down in the Equestrian south, whose travels now bring him up towards Bridle Shores.

Assuming he even gets there. His introduction may involve a messy encounter with a Timberwolf and an inability to keep possession of his hat.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I'm still around. Just waiting for Merellis to respond to a PM, since I need to check with him about something before progressing.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a new character, actually. Some of you may remember Lucky Break from the Fallout: Equestria RP? I'm thinking I may reprise my role of the idiot pegasus, albeit with a few tweaks to better fit this setting. I'm thinking he may be a hired gun, treasure hunter, and general jack-of-all trades from the Badlands down in the Equestrian south, whose travels now bring him up towards Bridle Shores.

Assuming he even gets there. His introduction may involve a messy encounter with a Timberwolf and an inability to keep possession of his hat.
    As it so happens. Merellis and I have been cooking up a pair of very interesting characters that might run into yours.

25. - Top - End - #55

Sorry Lycan, that'll be responded to in full at some point today. Currently at work.

As for the shadow network, it's all over the second floor at this point, lugging explosives that are hidden in the shadows. Shame so many ponies are busy with the walls, the fires, and the ruckus at both the first floor of the Guardhouse and the multiple booms and explosive sounds at the Hospital.

Hopefully this scene can end with a bang~

Speaking of new characters, I'll have one up soon enough that's working with another of Grif's.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post

Considering that I'm working on Violetta's profile right now myself, that sounds good to me. It'd be interesting to see him interact with other characters, including FO:E characters he never met - in particular, I'm picturing Violetta seeing him as a hero while Fleetwing thinks he's just some show-off.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

...okay yeah that sounds hilarious and awesome.

I think I'll introduce Lucky a few miles out from Bridle Shores proper, out on the road/in the woods en route, so that other players can have a chance to introduce new characters too, and so it won't be bogged down in the big ol' battle thing going on right now. I figure by the time the Lucky gets to town, the battle stuff should be wrapped up. In theory.

Anyhoo, character sheet!

Name: Lucky Break
    Title: None
    Race: Pegasus
    Appearance: Light brown coat, dark brown mane, bright blue eyes, facial scars on left side of chin, across bridge of nose, and notched left ear, and dashing good looks. Cutie mark is a silver coin. He wears a white shirt, black vest, and black cowboy hat.
    Skills: Sneaking, hiding, and general stealth. Flying, dodging, evasion, general agility. Repairing and tinkering with tech and gear. Fast talk, flirting, negotiation, and otherwise being a silver-tongued weasel. Skilled marksman with ranged weapons, particularly crossbows and muskets. Modest hoof-to-hoof combat ability.
    Equipment: Saddle bags, spare clothes, a small bag of bits, binoculars, compass, small tool kit, small first aid kit, a scoped crossbow, small quiver of crossbow bolts, bottle of BBQ sauce.
    Personality: Snarky, charming, and playful. A bit lacking in common sense, and prone to not really planning things through. He's a kind, loyal pony, though, and genuinely believes in doing the right thing and helping other ponies in need. Thinks with his heart rather than his brain.
    Relationships: None at the moment. That's right, ladies. He's single~
    Cutie Mark: A silver coin, representing a coin toss. Lucky's special talent is dumb luck - for better or worse. He's never too lucky or unlucky. He can never catch a break, but when really bad stuff happens, even if it would kill another pony, he somehow comes out on top by the skin of his teeth. (Usually.) Biography: Lucky grew up down south, in the Equestrian Badlands. He's had a bit of a rough life, but he always manages to make it through whatever stupid problems he's faced with. He mostly makes a living as a "treasure finder," which is a polite way of saying he's an archeologist at best and a grave robber at worst. He's also done a few stints as a mercenary, hired gun, hunter, bodyguard, and general rough-and-tumble jack of all trades. Recently he decided to hit the road and head North for green pastures, in order to explore new opportunities, and totally not avoid some ponies he may or may not have really pissed off.

Spoiler: Lucky's Appearance
    Show

Look good, GMs?
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2014-07-16 at 12:28 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Good luck in your life! It was fun while it lasted.

As for FWM proper, I'm waiting for Kelvin's reply before proceeding with the scene.
    Yeah, sorry. I'm still trying to figure out logistics and kick the authorial groove into gear. I'll give a tentative 'it'll be done by tomorrow evening'.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to see all the ideas getting kicked around in here.

I'll have a post up in Backstage tomorrow. Got swamped with some things what needed taking care of.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

What part of the day is it in regards to what is going on in Bridle Shores in the main rp thread?