New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 5: Egocentric Changeling Hive

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    What part of the day is it in regards to what is going on in Bridle Shores in the main rp thread?
    Evening, going onto dusk, at the moment. (If we're counting the big fight.)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Oooh, if it starts turning dark soon, maybe some vamponies can go help with the big fight. Miss M does have some frustration to relieve after all

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

For Lycan's benefit, first draft of my character:

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Pulp Fiction (AKA Persimmon Flitterbloom)
    Title: Writer/Novelist
    Race: Unicorn
    Appearance: Brown coat with purple mane. Wears a black beret and brown & beige scarf
    Skills: Writing, minor defensive spells
    Personality: A very mild, and unassuming pony, best described as a mouse in pony form. Has a very kindly personality. Can be somewhat of a doormat. Has a slight stutter that persists even to this day.
    Relationships: Bodyguard with Bitter Herb. None with any existing characters in Bridle Shores.
    Cutie Mark: A stylised quill on parchment
    Biography: Pulp Fiction was born in a time of uneasy peace during the troubled years leading up to the Long Summer. As the only daughter of a loyalist family, she led a sheltered life, her parents believing that their daughter was too young to partake in politics, and that they could at least shield her from the troubles they foresaw was coming.

At the tender age of eight, The Long Summer erupted and civil war engulfed the country. Fortunately, Manehattan was spared from the worst of the war, and Pulp and her family managed to escape any serious fighting. During this time, she discovered her love for writing and earned her cutie this way, a small glimpse of happiness amidst the grim reality of war.

Despite her family loyalist tendency, they managed to slip under radar of the new government, and settled on rebuilding their life. Pulp got herself into college and graduated with degress in Writing.

In the meantime, Pulp tried to start a career as a budding novelist. However, her first manuscript, about a couple torn by war, was rejected by most major publishing houses, mostly with the reason that she's too young and unknown. Dejected, she tried her last resort, the somewhat ill-reputed Smokewood Publishing. The response was lukewarm, though Pulp was told that her work had potential. The editor also suggested, off the cuff, that she should try adding "spice" into the work. Heartened, Pulp sent in a second manuscript, this time putting in shockingly racy scenes that she mistakenly believed that will get her accepted. A decision which she soon regretted intensely, and tried in vain, to unsend her work.

Much to her surprise and delight though, Smokewood accepted the manuscript, enamoured by her salacious story. Pulp decided to allow her work to be published though, under the condition that they use a pseudonym: Persimmon Flitterbloom. The book was a smashing success, at least in the world of thrashy romance novels. Despite this, her family knew nothing of her work and she carefully maintained the facade that she was working for a newspaper company. Pulp remained remarkably evasive about the exact nature of the newspaper she's working for.

Merellis should post his shortly, and we'll see if we can join the scene in a timely manner.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-07-18 at 12:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Violetta's profile is in the character thread. I'm waiting for Amish to establish Fleetwing now.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Violetta's profile is in the character thread. I'm waiting for Amish to establish Fleetwing now.
    Apologies, this may have to wait a bit. Currently recovering from strain/overuse in my arms, and I have to limit my typing.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    To share a bit of good news, many years ago this day - about an hour and 25 minutes ago at that - I was successfully brought into this world!

Many years later, I am sitting on a forum and talking about ponies.

I have done good things with my life.
    Since I don't quite post in ponythread anymore, Happy belated Birthday.

Have a Lyra.
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Benson. A new contender appears?
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-07-18 at 05:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

WOOOO! Happy manymanyth-and-a-week, Amish!
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

There's been talk of newsponies.
    Is it time for a hyper-caffeinated ninja reporter to make her appearance?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Bitter Herb

Title: Unbreakable

Race: Pegasus (Islander Variant)

Appearance: Bitter is a tall pegasus with a skyblue coat and wings. Her mane is a cropped cut of lavender with pink highlights with bangs that end just above a pair of simple glasses and frightningly intense eyes of a storming sea. Her build is lean yet muscular, most of her body is toned with scars covering various places. The most exotic thing about this rough and tumble pegasus is her wings, they're more than twice the average wingspan of a pegasus! It seems to be a trait shared within her family that reaches back generations.

She carries a pair of old saddlebags that are equipped with various survival gear, books on plants, maps, and a bag of bits. The only weapon she carries with her are her hooves, and a solid set of heavy horseshoes that seem built for defence

Skills: Bitter is a pony trained in a variety of skills, ranging from cookery to herbology. More specifically she's been trained since young to handle herself in a kitchen, has a natural affinity with nature and herbs, a good grasp of cartography, and a solid mastery of hoof-to-hoof combat, namely the Soul of the Forest Style.

Her time as a member of the intelligence teams that moved information to various rebel groups during the Long Summer has given the mare a good grasp of tactics for dealing with a group, as well as how to generally avoid danger and stay alive in the wilds.

Biography: Bitter Herb was born on an island far off the shores of Equestria and as such had managed to avoid the general unease that built up towards the Long Summer. Her parents were both kind to her, even if her mother would occasionally lock herself away when an experiment demanded her attention. She lived in a decent sized village above a bustling resteraunt, which is incidently where she learned to cook and about the general effect of herbs and spices. The filly was a stubborn little thing and had a rather volatile temper, which her parents were able to work around simply because they knew how to deal with her.

Her cutie mark came one day when she had surprised her parents in bed with a generous helping scrambled eggs stuffed with herbs and spices. From there the little filly begain to learn and attend lessons on a variety of subjects. This also brought her into contact with a lot of other colts and fillies, where her stubborn and crash attitude, alongside the temper she had yet to master, caused her to get into many fights and scuffles.

Fearing the worst for their angry and stubborn child, Ocean Breeze and Bitter Taste saught the advice of an old stallion named Stone Strike. The Earth Pony of considerable girth and age asked to take the filly in as a student and teach her hoof-to-hoof in an attempt to give Bitter Herb the discipline she would need to make it as an adult, her parents agreed and Bitter was soon learning an odd style called the Soul of the Forest. The incidents soon stopped as Bitter Herb learned to control her temper for the most part, though the filly still had a pretty nasty mouth when the fires of her anger were stoked.

Sadly things were not meant to go this well in anyponies life, for as the Long Summer entered it's second year, tragedy soon struck their town in the form of two incidents. First, Stone Strike lost his son to violence. Violence that was done to him by his own daughter, Sure Strike. The pegasus left the island very soon after that catastraphe with her faithful friend, Mask. The second incident was far more close to home in Bitter's case. Her mother, her energetic and brilliant mother was struck down by an illness that none could cure.

Stricken with grief and not wanting to allow her anger to sully her mothers good name, Bitter Herb left the island and headed for Equestria. There she was dragged into the Long Summer and spent eight long years working in intelligence by carrying information through enemy territories to the scattered rebellions against Iron Hoof. It was during these years that Bitter happened upon a dying stallion and learned something that broke her so tightly controlled temper.

This stallion had been part of a plot to assassinate key individuals who posed a threat, among them, was Ocean Breeze, Royal Artificer to the Kingdom of Equestria. He soon died as Bitter tried to get more out of him, taking what he knew with him. As the Long Summer drew to a close, Bitter Herb continued to look for more information on her mother's assassination but had only managed to find that the order had come from far up the food chain in Equestria's royalty.

She struck a dead end in her search and was forced to drop the desire for vengence for a more sorely needed desire to survive. Bitter started to hire herself out as a bodyguard, eventually making the aquaintence of Pulp Fiction.

Personality: Bitter is a tempermental, brash, loudmouthed, prideful, and all over blunt and opinionated pony. She's also loyal to her friends, softspoken when she needs to be, and disciplined enough to reign in her temper when she needs to. She likes to tease her friends but learns the limit soon enough.

Relationships: Currently a Bodyguard to Pulp Fiction.

Cutie Mark: A sprig of sage.

Question, did Windy, the pegasus that was hiding under the bed manage to fall down or is still up?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry I'm so late on my posts. These last few days have been murder for business.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

So. Anyone wants their ponies to take part in the play?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

It would be amusing to have Blueshield somehow convinced/coerced into joining.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

It would be amusing to have Blueshield somehow convinced/coerced into joining.
    I think it's very hard to coerce somepony who isn't very coerce-able to begin with.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Coerce them with the threat of somehow finding a way to coerce them despite them being uncoercable. That's coercive, right?

Also, a little heads up for those who may be interested: I started a Tumblr ask blog for Lucky. Figured I'd mention it since some of y'all seem to like his antics.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I think it's very hard to coerce somepony who isn't very coerce-able to begin with.
    That just makes it even funnier to imagine how she'd end up in that situation. Of course, if that's too ridiculous, I could have Flare join out of curiosity instead.

16. - Top - End - #76

Post coming tonight, sorry for the wait this weekend. Was a long one.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

@Kelvin: Waiting on Taylor in the Backstage thread.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeeeaaaaahhhh. Actually, I can't think of anything for him to say. I was going to wait on Gear and Silverpine to bust in at an amusing inopportune moment and kickstart hijinks. >_>
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

19. - Top - End - #79

Just got back last night from a family reunion, no internet service at the cabin, no cell service unless I wanted to stand on a river, so was unable to check on the thread or get a post out. Will be starting it tonight after work if I'm not too tired.

Fun but exausting weekend, should have gotten today off too.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Obligatory poke for... well, everyone?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

I am uncertain/on the fence about the restaurant that Balboa and Co be the same as the one where Lone Star and Es.

Grif, HalfTangible, your thoughts?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

I am uncertain/on the fence about the restaurant that Balboa and Co be the same as the one where Lone Star and Es.

I'm fine with either choice. Same restaurant might be hilarious, but it might crowd the scene some.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

I'm running out of conversation topics. By all means, crash the party.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

You lot know how much I hate being 'that guy', but is Game of Ponies even a thing anymore? Or are deliberations just offscreen for now?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think it's supposed to be my turn to post, but Amish's last post suggests he had more to write that he was unable to put down. I don't feel I should reply until that has been clarified.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's supposed to be my turn to post, but Amish's last post suggests he had more to write that he was unable to put down. I don't feel I should reply until that has been clarified.
    Next time, let me know before we go on a...jeez, two month hiatus? I didn't even realize my post had been cut off or typo'd or what.

Go ahead and post. I can't recall if there was anything more important to say there.

I'm sorry I've been so inactive here. Among other things, I've been dealing with some arm pain for the last two months, and it's hindered my ability to type. Going to see a chiropractor, should hopefully resolve the matter finally.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-08-14 at 08:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Typing up, should be done soon.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Next time, let me know before we go on a...jeez, two month hiatus? I didn't even realize my post had been cut off or typo'd or what.

Go ahead and post. I can't recall if there was anything more important to say there.

I'm sorry I've been so inactive here. Among other things, I've been dealing with some arm pain for the last two months, and it's hindered my ability to type. Going to see a chiropractor, should hopefully resolve the matter finally.
    I should stress on this more. Don't be afraid to poke someone. (Such hiatus are never really good for a game.)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Poking HalfTangible to see if he has anything to add, or should I just move on.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Poking HalfTangible to see if he has anything to add, or should I just move on.
    Well no, not really. No idea what to say or do here. Not enitrely sure we even heard Balboa or Fox Trot.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig