New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 5: Egocentric Changeling Hive

Dislike double posting, but here we go.

MCerberus, Kelvin, Purity and Lycan_01, are you here?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm always ready and raring, sirrah. I kind of feel like I'm missing something in Backstage, though. Are there any scenes I should have been butting in on?
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm here. Just suffering from extreme writer's block. I'm waiting at the Guardhouse in Main, but I really ought to get posts done in Backstage and Game of Ponies.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    I'm always ready and raring, sirrah. I kind of feel like I'm missing something in Backstage, though. Are there any scenes I should have been butting in on?
    Not really. Though if you really want to butt into either Icy's or Esmeralda's scenes, I have no objections. I'm kinda waiting on Merellis for the Pulp/Joyous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    I'm here. Just suffering from extreme writer's block. I'm waiting at the Guardhouse in Main, but I really ought to get posts done in Backstage and Game of Ponies.
    Cool. I just confirmed that Lycan will be sitting out the RP for the time being, so I'll be moving FWM general on shortly so that we can continue.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

The funny thing was the "are you here" question came between a post I made and a long stretch where I had stuff going on.
    But yes I'm here.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate doing this, but sweet summer child what happened to GoP and the main thread? It feels like we're barely touching them.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

I hate doing this, but sweet summer child what happened to GoP and the main thread? It feels like we're barely touching them.
    I'm sorry. I've had a bit of a family crisis going on, and I haven't had the presence of mind to properly post here in a while.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2014-12-02 at 05:47 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

I really need to start checking more forum topics before I put finger to keypad. I am so sorry. Is there anything you need from me, on forum or off, aside from way more patience?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

I really need to start checking more forum topics before I put finger to keypad. I am so sorry. Is there anything you need from me, on forum or off, aside from way more patience?
    No, it's alright. I can understand the impatience, and I really ought to have posted here sooner. You had no real way of knowing, and it's cool.

I do appreciate the offer. I'm doing relatively well at the moment, and just focusing on each day as it comes. Bear with me, and I should be back to posting soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm. While we're waiting, do you have any other characters available in Canterlot?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    No, it's alright. I can understand the impatience, and I really ought to have posted here sooner. You had no real way of knowing, and it's cool.

I do appreciate the offer. I'm doing relatively well at the moment, and just focusing on each day as it comes. Bear with me, and I should be back to posting soon enough.
    Spoiler: Hugs
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Hm. While we're waiting, do you have any other characters available in Canterlot?
    Yep. Moonshine's still around, and in the timeline Feathergrin should be a recent arrival. That'll have caused quite the stir, incidentally, as it usually does.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep. Moonshine's still around, and in the timeline Feathergrin should be a recent arrival. That'll have caused quite the stir, incidentally, as it usually does.
    Ah cool. Would you kindly describe what their roles are again? I'm afraid my memory got a little fuzzy over the months. (And more precisely, what sort of stir should I be expecting?)

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah cool. Would you kindly describe what their roles are again? I'm afraid my memory got a little fuzzy over the months. (And more precisely, what sort of stir should I be expecting?)
    So glad you asked. Moonshine is the diplomatic coordinator for House Lunatic. She handles all of their meetings and Public Relations, as well as liaisons with other houses. She's also one of the only members of Lunatic that can politically and physically face down members of the Royal Guard, though that tactic isn't exactly preferred.

Her husband, Feathergrin, is politically a third-generation minor noble from House Summer Wake (not Solace) and a former member of the Crystal Empire's House of the Heart. Neither of those really make a dent in public opinion, however, because his ties to the Second Street Firecutters, a particularly volatile street gang operating out of Scoltland, make for more shocking headlines. Atop that, his traditional disregard for 'The Game' is a sore point for the many nobles that adhere to it like a Bible. So basically, he comes in and a good deal of ponies immediately think, "Oh, there's Knight-Warden Moonshine's pet, that rabble-rousing ex-con commoner." The fact that she adamantly refuses to dump him ('adamantly' here means 'there was almost a brawl') is a major headache for Lunatic's higher-ups, as well.

The lower class tend to like him pretty well, though. He and Moonshine together act essentially as Lunatic's wholesale spy network for Canterlot proper. Moonshine handles the upper crust's rumors, scandals and negotiations, while Feathergrin pieces together what the common folk are thinking from his contacts, conversations, and investigations. The middle ground, Canterlot's city guard, either hate him because he plays like a vigilante, or love him because he actually gives a damn what they think.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

So glad you asked. Moonshine is the diplomatic coordinator for House Lunatic. She handles all of their meetings and Public Relations, as well as liaisons with other houses. She's also one of the only members of Lunatic that can politically and physically face down members of the Royal Guard, though that tactic isn't exactly preferred.

Her husband, Feathergrin, is politically a third-generation minor noble from House Summer Wake (not Solace) and a former member of the Crystal Empire's House of the Heart. Neither of those really make a dent in public opinion, however, because his ties to the Second Street Firecutters, a particularly volatile street gang operating out of Scoltland, make for more shocking headlines. Atop that, his traditional disregard for 'The Game' is a sore point for the many nobles that adhere to it like a Bible. So basically, he comes in and a good deal of ponies immediately think, "Oh, there's Knight-Warden Moonshine's pet, that rabble-rousing ex-con commoner." The fact that she adamantly refuses to dump him ('adamantly' here means 'there was almost a brawl') is a major headache for Lunatic's higher-ups, as well.

The lower class tend to like him pretty well, though. He and Moonshine together act essentially as Lunatic's wholesale spy network for Canterlot proper. Moonshine handles the upper crust's rumors, scandals and negotiations, while Feathergrin pieces together what the common folk are thinking from his contacts, conversations, and investigations. The middle ground, Canterlot's city guard, either hate him because he plays like a vigilante, or love him because he actually gives a damn what they think.
    Hm. Interesting.

I can work with this.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Just in case we do end up going to LS' home, I'm coming up with as many psychotic pony names as I can.

Also: I just remembered I had a vampony that I've done nothing with. Woops
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Somehow Gwen and Hay Bale have to end up as drinking buddies while the world around them divides itself by zero.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Somehow Gwen and Hay Bale have to end up as drinking buddies while the world around them divides itself by zero.
    I can definitely do one of those things!

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I can definitely do one of those things!
    We definitely need more Hay Bale.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

We definitely need more Hay Bale.
    Then more Hay Bale you shall have!

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground

So I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth again. @.@ I swear everytime I get going again I manage to screw it up and turn back into the lurking wonder.

Anyway.

Grif and Kelvin360, I am so sorry for the wait here. Work and family has been kicking my ass as of late. But things are settling into a better routine for me and I'll be able to muster up the energy to post on an actual schedule. But I've promised that a few times so lets see how well I do this time. @.@

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

This is probably going to sound really insensitive, but I'm so used to a slower pace on all the threads by now, I just kind of go with it. No harm no foul.

Also Grif, I'm pretty sure my psycho-in-the-making didn't bodysnatch Night Jewel in between the walk from Bridle Shores to Rusty Falls.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

This is probably going to sound really insensitive, but I'm so used to a slower pace on all the threads by now, I just kind of go with it. No harm no foul.

Also Grif, I'm pretty sure my psycho-in-the-making didn't bodysnatch Night Jewel in between the walk from Bridle Shores to Rusty Falls.
    My bad. Posting at 12AM never works out well.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for the mess up tha happenned earlier when I left, tho really, I mostly made that ore just to make those skills available to that character. IIRC, you guys did go went along with the whole army town invasion thing?
    Last edited by Luka; 2014-12-16 at 06:14 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for the mess up tha happenned earlier when I left, tho really, I mostly made that ore just to make those skills available to that character. IIRC, you guys actually went along with the whole town invasion thing?
    I took over the enemy and made it horrible. CRAZY ORE FOR ALL THE HIGHER UPS.

YOU GET AN ORE, HE GETS AN ORE, SHE GETS AN ORE, EVERYPONY GETS AN ORE.

Then I flubbed it with lack of good planning and co-ordination while also falling behind.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys, just wanted to apologize for the mess up tha happenned earlier when I left, tho really, I mostly made that ore just to make those skills available to that character. IIRC, you guys did go went along with the whole army town invasion thing?
    No worries.

Something like that. We're doing stuff with the army, but it's been slow posting around here due to continual business and life stuff on the part of the GMs.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

It's fine really. It made for a great story at the end. (And still is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    I took over the enemy and made it horrible. CRAZY ORE FOR ALL THE HIGHER UPS.

YOU GET AN ORE, HE GETS AN ORE, SHE GETS AN ORE, EVERYPONY GETS AN ORE.

Then I flubbed it with lack of good planning and co-ordination while also falling behind.
    Psh. I'm just glad you're safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    No worries.

Something like that. We're doing stuff with the army, but it's been slow posting around here due to continual business and life stuff on the part of the GMs.
    *cough*

*slinks away in shame*

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, hey there! It's been a while, hasn't it. I really appreciate your apology; it shows a lot of maturity on your part. As the others said, we've been able to make something good out of all this, so don't worry too much.

To try to sum up what happened: Doth's army did launch an invasion. They were repulsed, but dealt considerable damage to the town, and are still far from defeated. A team of stealth experts has now been sent on a spying mission to Rusty Falls, in order to learn more of their strengths and weaknesses and help plan a counterattack. Meanwhile, Night Jewel has been discovering new properties of their gloomium equipment.

Are you interested in rejoining us, whether with your old characters or new ones? If so, I'm willing to accommodate you and your interests if you can do the same for the rest of us.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

HalfTangible, you gonna have to tell me what sort of spell book is it.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

HalfTangible, you gonna have to tell me what sort of spell book is it.
    Well I don't friggen know, I didn't think that far ahead! er... it was written by Smooth Shave, and it details complex arcane formulas related to... let's say increasing the size and strength of various AoE spells, increasing physical sensitivity, and bringing things made of ice to life. Why those three things in particular? I DUNNO

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for the summaries and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Are you interested in rejoining us, whether with your old characters or new ones? If so, I'm willing to accommodate you and your interests if you can do the same for the rest of us.
    I doubt it, wouldn't be able to be very active, and also that interests could clash again (sheer action vs stories and character develpment)

If you desire though, I could maybe reintroduce my character(s) and see what happens, or put in another one.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show