Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, California

    Default Uplift The World (IC)

    You're laying down with cool stone at your back and a full moon above you. Maybe it's not normal, but you feel so stunned that you can't even get up. At the edge of your vision are trees capped in white. The air is not too warm or too cool, and the light breeze against your skin not strong enough to rustle paper. Hovering at your feet are two incorporeal humanoids, both glowing a light blue under the night sky. One of them is short, and that one is fairly indistinguishable behind their hood and cloak, it has an incorporeal staff in its gauntlet. The other is a taller male with incorporeal fur on his face, and is speaking while looking at the blue orb on top of the other figure's staff.
    "Listen, as this message will not be repeated for you again. I will first apologize, as what happened to you happened to my wife as well. I am sorry for my failure, as I must have failed if you've been brought here.
    You are on another world, which the locals call Earth, but outsiders call Cain. I've found that Cain is one of the oldest worlds in existence, that still has life on it. The variety of races that live here is innumerable. Um. The other guy is going to tell you more, I'll try to remember what it didn't tell me. The gods aren't going to intervene unless a race is about to go extinct, which is why you're here. My friends and I brought Order to this world before we were allowed to leave, I hope you will find some of the designs we left still in place.
    "
    The hooded figure's staff slips through its see-through metal fingers and the bottom of it drops out of your view. The orb is in its hand when some sound like many gongs ring all around you. The taller man disappears.
    "We have chosen you, mortal as we once were, to save the world from Chaos and darkness. This time has come again. With you all, we have taken fate into our own hands. Save this world to see your own again. Save the mortal races. Your potential influence will extend our reach beyond the time of our death. Your intellect and wisdom will change the world, or others will be summoned like you. This Circle of Blue Beneath the Full Moon convenes."

    You feel released, and only now realize that you were unable to move before. And then you drop six inches into snow. The air is suddenly much colder, and your surrounding only lit by pale moonlight.

    Spoiler: Rolls, Effects, and OOC
    Show
    If your race doesn't have a +2 to Int, you feel yourself get smarter now.
    If you can, you feel all of your personal Supernatural abilities and items and spells, including spellcasting, suppressed. This is temporary.
    Remember to roll for will! Label it General Will Save
    Exp will be rewarded based on use of class skills, quality of roleplay, and encounters that you escape from alive! Let's have fun!
    This is the part where you should write a good paragraph on the physical description of your character, what they can be seen wearing, some of their thoughts, actions, dialogue. I shouldn't have to say this, but I will.
    Last edited by draconomial; 2014-05-13 at 01:59 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    thisisacat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    A small figure, barely over a foot in height, slowly sits up. Its body is completely hidden by dark plates of metal and scale and four gossamer wings extend from its back. "What the..." it groans before climbing shakily to its feet. It raises a hand and makes a gesture to no effect. Seeming frustrated, it tries again. "Blasted meddlers, what in Xoriat am I supposed to do about it." It springs into the air, only a little wobbly, and begins to look about and at the others, practically radiating frustration.

    Spoiler: OOC and Rolls
    Show
    I'm 10 feet up from my starting position.
    General Will Save: (1d20+19)[32]
    Spot check: (1d20+10)[15]
    Search check: (1d20+17)[33]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    A delicate, slender figure pulls herself to her feet. She shakes her head, throwing the snow off her long, silvery hair. She brushes her arms and body off to rid her silky, flower-like dress of the white stuff, and finally shakes it off her matching soft slippers. She is unconcerned about her light dress in such cold, trusting the blood in her veins to protect her from such petty trifles. The flowers in her hair sway gently in the breeze as she looks around.

    "What was that about?" she asks no one in particular in her sweet, angelic voice. Her eyes have little difficulty in penetrating the darkness as she peers down at the others. Her neutral expression does not seem to change when she sizes them up until her eyes finally come to rest on the only other person standing up. "Who are you?" she politely asks the small winged creature.

    Spoiler: OOC and Rolls
    Show
    General Will Save: (1d20+11)[16]

    Spot: (1d20+8)[18]

    Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+15)[33] What's happened to my spells?
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2014-05-13 at 02:38 AM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    thisisacat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    The small figure turns to face her. "Ah, well, hello. I am Forgemaster Eltan Canirex of House Cannith and I generally use male pronouns. From what they said, this is another world? Then for a bit more detail, I should say that I am recently from the continent of Khorvaire on the plane known as Eberron. Um, I really don't know how to react to all this." His(?) voice sounds like that of a boy singer before their voice has broken. He(?) appears a little lost now that his initial indignation is spent.

    He raises a hand and taps the side of his head, before remembering that even minor magics seem beyond his reach at the moment. Taking both hands to his face, he manages to wrestle his facemask open. His face is ice-blue, has an elfin beauty, and is androgynous. He looks around again through a monocle, although it is closer to being half a pair of goggles.

    "Do you have some idea why my magics have all failed? It seems like we'd make poor bringers of change without it..." He reaches back to the thin black leather pack between his wings before realizing that its contents are currently beyond his reach. It seems that he is supremely used to both his suppressed items and abilities, to the point that even knowing of their suppression, he still instinctively reaches for them.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    thethird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    The man raises from the snow, as he does the white cold stuff driftes away, he is wearing an old and battered mithril armor that covers most of his body leaving only the face visible. He looks first at the woman and gives a dry nod.

    -Allia where the damn are we?

    He then fixes his gaze on Forgemaster Eltan Canirex of House Cannith.

    -Mishra. Pleased to make you acquaintance. Never heard of that place, Eberron. What is a Cannith?

    He pats his chest making sure that everything is alright. He doesn't seem happy.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Excuse my brevity, sleep deprivation and traveling stress.
    Will: (1d20+9)[12]
    kn. planes (eberron) (1d20+10)[27]
    kn. nature (where the f are we) (1d20+10)[12]
    kn. geography (idem) (1d20+8)[12]
    Currently brewing: Constructivity a discipline for the Gramarist. And Nevermorph a campaign world that can appreciate some peaching.

    All hail Kymme for making my av.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    thisisacat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

    First, I forgot to remove Su modifiers from my Will save in the first post. Reduce it by 10.
    Second, I forgot to roll my Will save in the second post. (1d20+9)[24]
    General Will save:(1d20+9)[12]
    Spellcraft(Are there any active magical effects like an antimagic field?) (1d20+18)[24]


    "You know each other? House Cannith is a mainly human merchant power. The core human family of the house bears the Mark of Making, which grants them crafts-magic, allowing them to control much of Khorvaire's production." He seems to be repeating something said by another. "Do you have any idea what we should do now? Should we even believe them?" He glances around, obviously uncomfortable with their position.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Allia is about to answer Eltan when Mishra gets to his feet. She offers him a warm smile. "Mishra. I'm glad you're alright. As for where we are?" she gives a faint shrug, "I'm afraid I'm in the dark every bit as much as you are. All I know about this "Cain" is what I've just heard."

    She turns her slender head back to the little fey creature and locks onto him with her light blue eyes. "Allia Sesero. Incantatrix. Some call me the Silver Lady." she gives a look of mock puzzlement as she brushes a strand of her silver hair from her face. "Can't imagine why." She can't resist smirking a bit.

    The grin on her face vanishes as quickly as it appeared once Eltan spoke again. "Should we believe them? I'm afraid at the moment we've rather no choice but to assume what they've told us is true. They're self-evidently powerful enough to yank us from our respective worlds to drag us here, and if they wished us harm there would be no better moment than just then. We can therefore assume that they genuinely wish us to perform some task for them. Until we know more, going along with it seems the safest route.

    Spoiler
    Show
    General Will: (1d20+9)[12] I also forgot to remove the magic bonus from my last save. Reduce it by 2.

    Knowledge (The Planes): (1d20+10)[27] Where are we?Have I heard of anything like this?
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The city of fury
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    As soon as he falls to the ground Elril jumps up and throws himself over a dark shape curled over on the ground. Phantom! I couldn't feel you and I thought they left you behind. There're tears forming in the big green eyes of Elril as he steps away from Phantom. The great black cat rises and looks around, muscles tense and ready to spring, he staps closer to his master. Elril is barely half as tall as a regular human, he puts a hand on the animal as he adresses the others. His voice is sweet and clear. "Hello fellow travelers, I'm Elril, Wild Singer of the Old Faith, Initiate of the Sixth Circle of Druids." He finishes with a flourish and a smile that could blind an orc. He had been waiting to deliver that line, a pity that these people probably didn't have a clue of what the Old Faith was. He wears simple, practical clothing. A leather armor an a dark green cloak clomplete the look. When he turns you also see a wooden shield with some kind of leaf painted over and a tiny curved sword hanging at his side.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    General Will Save: (1d20+10)[28]
    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+12)[31] (Get a general feel of the place)

    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

    Isaac Asimov

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In an Octopus's Garden

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Julia

    As she collapses into the snow, tears streak from the corners of Julia's face, and she begins to shudder uncontrollably. Her mouth moves, but the words are faint.

    An ordered mind hedges out madness.

    Julia sits up as she begins the mantra Master Andreas taught her. Her blond bun, somewhat disheveled from an unexpected tumble in the snow, reveals soft caring green eyes and a young face. She wipes the tears and melted snowflakes from her face with the sleeve of her work jacket. With a deep breath, she wrestles her shivering under control. Deft hands quickly unfurl and retwist her hair into a tidy bun.

    A sanctified spirit guards against the dark.

    Her clothes are made from a sturdy lightweight fabric that wears well in a crisp morning breeze or a warm laboratory. Her arms are clad in beautiful scaled arm pieces, each a unique mosaic of of steel leaves. A small shield shaped like an angel's wing extends up Julia's left arm.

    A holy life avoids temptation.

    The human woman rises, and dusts the snow off of her backside. She looks intently at each of you, and then your surroundings, like a one woman spiral search. She is tall for a human woman, but not abnormally so, and thin but not frail.

    And, sacred magic will bring light to all.

    Her quiet mantra completed, she addresses the rest of you in a strong clear voice, like a professor lecturing class on the first day. I am Julia, a Sacred Epistemologist. Like you, this is not the journey I was preparing for, but I trust that by all that is good, it is one I am prepared for.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    General Will Save [roll0]
    Take 10 on Knowledge Nature (20) to recognize the Petal.
    Knowledge Nature to recognize surroundings [roll1]
    Knowledge Arcana to figure out the reason for magic suppression [roll2]
    Spot Check on surroundings [roll3]
    Listen Check on surroundings [roll4]
    Dex

    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

    Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In an Octopus's Garden

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I forgot about previewing posts with rolls, lets try that again.
    General Will Save (1d20+9)[27]
    Take 10 on Knowledge Nature (20) to recognize the Petal.
    Knowledge Nature to recognize surroundings (1d20+10)[19]
    Knowledge Arcana to figure out the reason for magic suppression (1d20+12)[20]
    Spot Check on surroundings (1d20+7)[18]
    Listen Check on surroundings (1d20+7)[17]
    Dex

    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

    Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    thethird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Mishra wraps himself in his own cloak. As he does so he seems like a ghost of black and mithril, a wight from the stories of old.

    "They call you the silver lady because silver bitch would be disrespectful." The man smirks at Allia.

    He then looks at the other members of the crowd. They all have the composure of spell slingers of one kind of another. Although he wasn't skilled in the magic arts he feels that the spark of his creations is somehow hold at back. The normal mumble of Kalif Arcaniss when in the presence of unknown spellcasters was silenced. That meant that the weapon was either compelled to be quiet, by charm or fear, or that the weapon magical senses were blinded. Neither option was appealing.

    "I suggest we assume we are indeed in an unknown and uncharted plane. Call it Cain, Prime, or Cage, whatever suits your fancy. We are currently under an unknown effect that seems to negate magic. Even if we were not dealing with snow around us I would say that we need to move. One direction looks as good as any other to me. Elril you seem capable in the woods; do you have any idea of what direction is north?"

    The man then starts to tamper with one piece of equipment on his chest. A holster opens to reveal what looks like an elaborate intermix of an arquebus and an L shaped wand of bronzewood and gold. It is emblazoned with shamrocks and antlers. As the human caresses the weapon it emits a short metallic yawn.

    "let me sleep. Just a little more."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't use colors on my phone. I'll edit the post at a later time.
    Mishra is holding a gun, for characters familiar with the technology.
    Will save : (1d20+8)[13]
    Last edited by thethird; 2014-05-13 at 10:56 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Allia nods politely to the remaining pair as they introduce themselves. "Greetings Elril, Julia. It is good to see we made it through intact." She pauses to brush off a little more snow, but seems completely comfortable in the icy cold despite her light, thin garments. "Now, onto business. I agree with my friend Mishra - we cannot stay here. Who knows what creatures might lurk in these woods at night? We need to find civilization of some kind. Elril," she looks at him, "You say you are a Druid. Migh you or your animal friend there have any skills with tracking in such environments?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    General Will: (1d20+9)[20]
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The city of fury
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    "Mmmm? The north? Seems to be that way." He points behind him with his thumb. "Civilization shouldn't be hard to find, it has a distinctive stink. And I'll be easier once we get out of whatever magic hole we are in. He checks Phantom saddle and barding before he hops to ride it.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    General Will Save (1d20+10)[18]
    Bardic Knowledge: (1d20+6)[10] Cain or Earth.
    Survival: (1d20+12)[27] To find civilization. If it's of some use, Phantom has Scent.
    I didn't roll to check where the north was because I have 5 ranks in Survival. But If you want a check (or if the north is different here) I'll roll and edit the post.

    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

    Isaac Asimov

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, California

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    You're all in a snow covered circle, that's roughly 150 ft. in diameter. The snow crunches beneath your feet, the ice finds its way into your shoes as you move around. The snow powder is about six inches deep. Bordering the circle, all around, is a thick wall of needled trees, that all stretch upwards to almost two hundred feet. They're all packed against each other, giving no view beyond the trees besides the three foot high gaps underneath them.

    Spoiler: Marius - Marius
    Show
    Bardic Knowledge 10 - You know stories of people being call by their name from far away lands to do service for others. There's a famous old legend that you know, of a kingdom that would summon a fitting king every two years. You've no idea how any of that works, or if it really applies to your situation.

    Survival 27 - You easily know which way is north, but can detect no traces of civilization in the snow covered circle. It's 22F right now, and it'll be 2F tonight.

    Knowledge (nature) 31 - You know that the forest you're in is old. So old, that the massive clearing you're in is the gravesite of a tree that must have been huge. So old, that there is no decaying trace of the tree. The trees circling the clearing are pine trees, and not likely to have anything nesting in them with this weather. The clearing definitely wasn't made artificially.

    Spoiler: Allia - Henry the 57th
    Show
    Spot 18 - At the edge of the ring of trees are two white stones, in the direction that Elril pointed. The stones are five feet apart from each other, and only barely discernable from the snow in the moonlight. There's a slight wind blowing in that direction.

    Knowledge (the planes) 27 - All signs point to you being on a Material Plane, though that doesn't tell you what sphere you might be on. You've never heard of Cain, but you do know that there are many parallel Material Spheres, all with their own Shadow Plane and Astral Plane, but all sharing the same Elemental Planes.

    Knowledge (arcana) 33 - You understand the forces necessary to suppress magic, though that doesn't tell you much besides the fact that the effects are abjuration.

    Spoiler: Eltan - ThisisaCat
    Show
    Spellcraft 24 - You can't identify the magic that's affecting you.
    Spot 15 - At the edge of the ring of trees are two white stones, in the direction that Elril pointed. The stones are five feet apart from each other, and only barely discernable from the snow in the moonlight. There's a slight wind blowing in that direction.

    Search 33 - Underneath the snow around you is frigid dirt and frozen twigs. You find no trace of the stone floor you felt before, besides its lingering touch.

    Spoiler: Julia - dextercorvia
    Show
    Spot 15 - At the edge of the ring of trees are two white stones, in the direction that Elril pointed. The stones are five feet apart from each other, and only barely discernable from the snow in the moonlight. There's a slight wind blowing in that direction.

    Listen 17 - You hear nothing unusual, only the wind in the trees.

    Knowledge (nature) 19 - The forest you're in is old. The clearing you're in is natural, as far as you can tell.

    Knowledge (arcana) 20 - You understand the forces necessary to suppress magic, though that doesn't tell you much besides the fact that the effects are abjuration.

    Spoiler: Mishra - thethird
    Show

    Knowledge (the planes) 27 - All signs point to you being on a Material Plane, though that doesn't tell you what sphere you might be on. You've never heard of Cain, but you do know that there are many parallel Material Spheres, all with their own Shadow Plane and Astral Plane, but all sharing the same Elemental Planes.

    Knowledge (nature) 12 - The forest you're seems old.

    Knowledge (geography) 12 - From your studies, you recognize signs that show that you're at a high altitude. It's dark, though, so you can't be completely sure.
    Last edited by draconomial; 2014-05-14 at 01:51 AM.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    thisisacat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    "Well, it is quite cold and there is no reason to stay outside any longer than we must. That looks like it could be the start of a trail over there. Shall we try following it?" Eltan points in the same direction as Elril, where two white stones stand to either side of a gap. "I must admit, it has been many years since I have been in the wilderness without a guide, so if one of you could take the lead, I would be grateful." He looks around for someone else to step forwards, seemingly unwilling to attempt to command the group.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    General Will Save: (1d20+9)[16]
    Can I make an Artificer Knowledge check to identify Mishra's weapon? If so, (1d20+13)[14]
    In any case, Know(Engineering) on the weapon (1d20+11)[26]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The city of fury
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    "It'll be quite colder tonight. We should get moving and find shelter before night comes upon us. I'll lead if you don't mind." Elril seems happy and tranquil in the old forest, all trace of nervousness from being yanked from his world and losing his magic was swept away by quiet power of a place so old and untouched. Riding atop Phantom he starts to move slowly to the north humming quietly. "Phantom, let me now if you smell people."

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    If after a while we can't find people Elril will try to find a tall tree to climb and get a better view of the land.
    General Will Save: (1d20+10)[13]
    Survival: (1d20+14)[15] (I forgot I have a +2 for having 5 ranks in Knowledge (nature)).
    Phantom survival roll:
    Survival: (1d20+3)[18]

    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

    Isaac Asimov

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In an Octopus's Garden

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Julia

    I agree with the prevailing notion of our preferred direction. Given the lack of other distinguishing features, those two rocks present no worse of a beginning as any alternative. Julia stomped her feet in her boots and rubbed her arms. Her clothes were sturdy, but it was cold out here. Should we clear this null magic area, I will be able to create a suitable, if spare, shelter.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    General Will Save (1d20+9)[14]
    Spot 17
    Listen 17
    (taking 10 on those for our passive checks)
    False Life temp HP (I know they aren't active now, but she would have cast it this morning with everything else. (1d10+10)[17]
    Take 10 on spellcraft (29) to identify any spell in place on this area.
    Spellcraft (1d20+19)[38] to identify the spell (if it is one) that she is rolling a will save against.
    Dex

    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

    Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Allia nods. "Yes, that would seem the wisest course at the moment." she says as she starts walking after the other two. On a hunch, she takes the time to walk specifically between the two white stones. Just in case.

    Spoiler
    Show
    General Will Save: (1d20+9)[12]

    Taking 10 on Spot and Listen for 18 each as we go.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    thisisacat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    "Well then, we're all agreed. I must admit to some curiosity as to what we will find in this world." Eltan flies over the gap after the others, using the greater speed allowed by his wings to weave around the group and look around. "None of you said which plane you hail from, I would much like to hear a tale or two of another world, if you would be willing to share?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    General Will: (1d20+9)[26]

    What's the forest like once we get into it?
    Spot: (1d20+10)[11]
    Search (As well as I can while remaining with the others) (1d20+16)[29]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Henry the 57th's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Allia regards Eltan with a wary look of curiosity for a few moments before seeming to come to a decision. "I come from a world called Faerun. I am something of a professional magus there, trading my spellcasting services for those things which I desire and require. I specialize in augmenting the spellcasting of others. What of you? You say you are Forgemaster of House Cannith. What does that position entail where you come from?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled Will OOC. Result is 15.
    Last edited by Henry the 57th; 2014-05-15 at 03:21 AM.
    "All generalizations are false."
    -Me

    Please remeber the impotence of poofreading everything you right.

    Avatar by Emperor Ing.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    thisisacat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    "A noble profession, that. As a Forgemaster, I head a small team of journeymen and apprentices in the creation of items and enchantments. My specialty of late is armor." He gestures down at himself. "I also act as a researcher, either on an assigned task from the House or on my own projects when I'm lucky. There has been more research lately. Since coming to Eberron, I have witnessed the birth of a concept called Industrialization. The idea is to make machines that can themselves create goods, and to thereby greatly reduce their price. It is still in its infancy, but I think the creation forges will be the way of the future." By the end of his little speech, his eyes are gleaming, and his face wears a wide grin.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    General Will (1d20+9)[11]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The city of fury
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    "I'm from a world called Oerth, some people call Greyhawk the collective of our planes. As a follower of the Old Faith I mantain the balance of the world and ensure the continual movement of the Eternal Circle.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    General Will Save (1d20+10)[18]

    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

    Isaac Asimov

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In an Octopus's Garden

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Julia

    I'm from a plane called Umbra. There is only a single eponymous world in our plane. It is an incredibly dangerous place for those without magic, so those of my order seek to learn as much about it as possible, and pass on what we learn to as many apprentices as possible in our lifetime. The souls of our greatest mages reside in the sky when they die, providing a tiny beacon of light to combat the darkness. The souls of the untalented and talented alike are fought over by fearsome creatures of the underworld.

    Julia pauses in her tracks and looks heavenward. While, it appears that this land needs my help, I fear what will happen if I die here, and my soul is not added to the stars of my world.

    Spoiler
    Show

    General Will Save (1d20+9)[10]
    Spellcraft to determine what she is saving against (1d20+19)[22] (It is no trying again per save, but this is a new save.)

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    The information in the post above reflects her religious knowledge, not her understanding of planes except in the general sense. (Her education is narrowly focused on arcana, faith, the natural world, and the dark lairs of her enemies.)

    Last edited by dextercorvia; 2014-05-15 at 11:46 AM.
    Dex

    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

    Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    thethird's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    "I'm from Faerun as well. Faerun is a peninsula in Toril, but it is so large that few adventure beyond. I was raised in the Silver Marches, the northernmost past, were raids from orcs, drow and other enemies are common. Hard stock of people there. As for what I do, or did, there... I guess it is similar enough to what Eltan said. I did research. My studies were on the nature of magic. One could say that I'm a untalented." As he says he looks a Julia. "But those that undervalue me for my lack of spark soon are surprised."

    After a while he tends a hand to Julia and adds.

    "Excuse my brooding. Were we came from most magicians assume that they can tell the universe to suck it, and they are really capable of reminding you every moment. If you are worried about your soul I'm sure we can create a contraption that would trap it, at least till you are returned to your home plane."

    He then smiles.

    "Otherwise try not to die."

    Spoiler
    Show
    will save (1d20+8)[27]
    Listen (around) (1d20+15)[34]
    Search (around) (1d20+16)[31]
    Survival (1d20+3)[10] Aid Elrith in leading DC 10
    Survival (1d20+3)[23] Bonus against weather effects DC 15
    Currently brewing: Constructivity a discipline for the Gramarist. And Nevermorph a campaign world that can appreciate some peaching.

    All hail Kymme for making my av.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In an Octopus's Garden

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Julia

    You misunderstand me. The untalented are not without value or esteem in my world. They just can not defend themselves from darkness effectively. Powerful demons and devils roam the night there. They do not lurk in far off dungeons or hidden underground cabals waiting for adventurers to thwart their plans. They stalk the streets of every village and thorp, stealing the souls of the careless and undefended. We see it as the responsibility of the talented to defend the untalented.

    I fear not for my own soul. My faith will preserve it. I fear for my entire world if this world can so easily snatch magic users away.
    Dex

    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

    Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In an Octopus's Garden

    Default Re: Uplift The World (IC)

    Julia

    Does the walk to the edge of this clearing seem like it is taking longer than it should to anyone else?
    Dex

    Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

    Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •