New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1522
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Simple Q&A D&D 3.5 (by RAW) XXVII

Reposting, so it doesn't get lost:

Quote Originally Posted by Xaktsaroth View Post
    Reposting, as someone duplicated my number:

Q486:

Does there exist a way in 3.5 to key a bullrush off of Dex, rather than Strength? Can't find one myself. :(

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

A 486

I can't say I've looked at every possibility, but with a cursory glance at the X stat to Y bonus thread, I don't see anything that would. Your best bet would be using something to use Dexterity on your Strength checks, as bull rush uses opposing Strength checks to determine success. I can't think of anything that would do this off the top of my head, however. There's also a warblade ability that allows you to use your Intelligence modifier on bull rush checks.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Q507
    With the spell longshot(+10),ranged weapon mastery(+20),(+120) range weapon, Far Shot (1.5),Distance enhancement (x2),hawkeye ( x2), + crossbow sight (treats enemies a +2 range increment closer past first two)
    Would I result with a 675 foot range increment with these things and would it result in 8100 feet at the 12 increment it gives?
    I see nothing in the spells or anything in general saying these don't stack.
    Last edited by Platymus Pus; 2014-07-21 at 11:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Q 508
    Do you have to take druid as your base class for the walker in the waste adaption (sandstorm p.93)?
    (I'm asking because it says "a militant druid")

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 508 Ask your DM.

The Adaptation section is about altering the class to support a different character concept. Because that paragraph merely mentions the idea rather than specifying the differences in terms of rule language, the full changes would have to be worked out with your DM.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 509

The Silver Marches Peerless Archer PrC's second level ablity 'Sharp Shooting' makes it so that targets receive "concealment one step worse than they should", which in 3.5 language simply means 10% less concealment. Everything that counts as a target -so literally everything- gets 10% less concealment at all times.

When combined with Improved Precise shot, this appears to let you ignore all concealment for ranged attacks; but how does this ability (be it by itself or combined with Improved Precise Shot) affect your capacity to function under conditions where you would by impeded by total concealment, like being in complete darkness without darkvision, being otherwise blinded, or being in the presence of an invisible opponent?

TL;DR: Does Peerless Archer 2 effectively give you mega-awesome super-vision?

Edit: Starting to feel like I'm posting here way to frequently
    Last edited by Jowgen; 2014-07-22 at 05:37 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q510

I think i can use Alacritous Cogitation to cast metamagic spells which dont exceed 1 full round, am i right?

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

Q 511

Is vision obscured while you are in lava? Assuming immunity to damage.
    Just finding my roots again.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

A510

Re-read the feat, you can only cast spells that have a cast time of up to 1 round. So, it can take more than a full round action, but no more than 1 round.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 511 Yes.

Vision is obscured whenever you're immersed in the ground, and that doesn't change if the ground exceeds its melting temperature.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 29 or 512

Are melee/ranged touch attacks subsets of melee/ranged attacks? Or more specifically can Wall of Blades be used to parry rays and other abilities that require a melee/ranged touch attack?

Q 513

Can Wall of Blades be used if the initiator only has natural weapons?

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 512 Yes, and yes.

The counter has no special restrictions on the attacks it can block.

A 513 No.

Unlike the open applicability to what attacks it can counter, Wall of Blades has two usage stipulations:
    Your weapon mastery transforms your blade into an extension of your arm, allowing you to wield it with the speed and timing needed to make a precise block.
    When an enemy makes a melee or ranged attack against you, you can initiate this counter to oppose that attack by making an attack roll with any melee weapon you are holding.
    If you're not using a blade, you're not following the text of the first part of this counter. (Note that that's not the italicized ("fluff") part of the description.) That specificity is at odds with text from the next paragraph. So you'll definitely need to be holding a melee weapon rather than using a natural attack. Your DM may further restrict use to hand-held bladed melee weapons to follow both stipulations.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Q 514

Can a Trip/Disarm Attack be combined with the Combat Rhythm maneuver from Stormguard Warrior since they both require melee touch attacks?

If so, does the extra attack from Improved Trip count towards the number of touch attacks made (giving an extra 5 damage next round)?

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 515

Can you add special weapon/armor abilities (especially those with limited uses per day) more than once to an appropriate item? I know custom magic items are in the purview of the DM but is there anything explicit allowing or denying it?

Q 516

Does the doubling of damage on a dive attack granted by the Improved Dragon Wings Feat apply to all charge attacks if the charger has pounce or another ability to make more than one attack on the charge?
    Last edited by Andezzar; 2014-07-22 at 03:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

A 515

Yes, but it costs 50% more. Of course, if the enhancement in question has a +X price, you follow the usual price given in the DMG.

Quote Originally Posted by SRD:Creating Magic Items
    Adding New Abilities
    A creator can add new magical abilities to a magic item with no restrictions. The cost to do this is the same as if the item was not magical. Thus, a +1 longsword can be made into a +2 vorpal longsword, with the cost to create it being equal to that of a +2 vorpal sword minus the cost of a +1 sword.

If the item is one that occupies a specific place on a character’s body the cost of adding any additional ability to that item increases by 50%. For example, if a character adds the power to confer invisibility to her ring of protection +2, the cost of adding this ability is the same as for creating a ring of invisibility multiplied by 1.5.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

A 516

No. From the feat:

Quote Originally Posted by Improved Dragon Wings
    [...] if the attack hits, it deals double damage.
    One single attack.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    A 515

Yes, but it costs 50% more. Of course, if the enhancement in question has a +X price, you follow the usual price given in the DMG.
    On Armor (because they occupy the Body slot) I agree, but there is no such price increase for weapons (since they do not occupy a specific body slot).

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Banned

Q517

Does anywhere have rules for hiring mercenaries past 1st level, and if so how much would a level 10 one cost?

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 509 Reposting so it doesn't get lost and simplifying/condensing for convenience

If a character, through some means or another, has the ability treat all "targets" that have total concealment in regards to him as if they had 10% less concealment (giving them 40% concealment instead of 50%), does it follow that the character can ignore the "Can not see" penalties associated with total concealment?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

A 517

Arms and Equipment Guide, p.66, has a fairly extensive list of different types (and levels) of mercenary hirelings, along with their daily wages.

Since this is a 3.0 book, there might be a more up to date listing, but this is the most extensive one I am aware of.

As it is not OGC, I can't post the specifics, unfortunately.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Q 518
    Does destroying a lich's phylactery automatically destroy the lich? If not, then does the lich have the chance to make another phylactery before its body is destroyed?

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q 519

When you apply a continuous damage effect to a creature - such as setting it on fire with alchemists fire or tagging it with an acid arrow spell, when does the continuous damage trigger?

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Q520

When a mage creates a magic item, another character can pay the XP costs. When a mage casts a spell with an XP requirement (e.g. Wish), can another character pay the XP cost? The spell says "you must pay" but it also refers to you paying when you create or modify a magic item, and it's already RAW that another character can pay XP costs for a magic item.
    Last edited by Eaglejarl; 2014-07-23 at 01:58 AM.
    I write professionally. My books are on Amazon and I have a Patreon where I give away everything I write while it's in progress.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    Q 518
    Does destroying a lich's phylactery automatically destroy the lich? If not, then does the lich have the chance to make another phylactery before its body is destroyed?
    A 518

Destroying a lich's phylactery does not kill the lich. It merely prevents them from coming back to unlife.

According to Libris Mortis, a lich only gets one phylactery and cannot make another one.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A 520 No.

There are exceptions stipulated to the usual crafting rules for magic items, allowing cooperative effort. Unless a particular spell has a statement allowing cooperative XP expenditure, the spellcaster pays it all.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q 521

If a sorcerer chooses undying vigor of the dragonlords (from Dragon Magic) as the companion spell while casting contingency, is he allowed to sacrifice a sorcerer spell slot to increase the healing?

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 522

If a ranger wields a +1 Hunting weapon (MIC p. 36) in one hand and any other given weapon in the other, does the +4 favoured enemy damage get added to the weapon damage of both weapons he is wielding, or only the damage of the hunting weapon itself?

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

A 522

the bonus is added to any and all of your weapon damage rolls against your favored enemies. The rules don't even specify that you have to wield the weapon for the bonus to apply. So +1 hunting (spiked) gauntlets would also work while wielding a two-handed weapon.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

A 522 Follow up

While I'm sure no sane DM would allow it, would the bonus from several hunting weapons stack with itself?

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

A 522 Follow-Up

The sanity of a DM is irrelevant. The stacking rules do not allow it as all hunting weapons are considered the same source.