New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1875
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

Q763

Is it possible to give Temporary HP to dying creatures? In this case from a Su ability.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

A 758 Temporary ability bonuses or penalties don't affect bonus spell slots unless they last at least 24 hours.

A 759 If you have both, use the more favorable, which in this case is Diehard, since Ferocity doesn't auto-stabilize you.

A 760 Poison Use doesn't make poisons a class ability, so their DCs don't change.

A 761a Touch attacks are not inherently unarmed strikes but you can usually deliver them with an unarmed strike; however, you have to deal with normal AC, not touch AC.

A 761b If you deliver it as an unarmed strike, yes, you can magically enhance your nega-punch with a Body Wrap.

A 763 Yes, which while it won't technically stabilize them, since it's not magical healing, it could keep them from bleeding out while the duration lasts if it brings them above 0. If not brought above 0, you bleed the temp hit points first, as normal for temp hp.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Q 764

Would weapons carried/use by an Eidolon be increased in size if given the Large (Ex) Evolution temporarily via Greater Evolution Surge?
    Just finding my roots again.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Spamalot in the Playground

A762b: To answer this more clearly - if all your natural attacks are Primary, then Multiattack will do nothing for you in Pathfinder, no matter how many of them you have. So if a creature came at you with a bite, two claws on its forelegs, two talons on its hindlegs, a horn on its head to gore you with, a stinger, and was somehow also able to slam you - all of those attacks would get its full attack bonus and add its full Str mod to damage without needing the Multiattack feat.

A764: As written no - neither the Evolution Surge spell nor the Large evolution itself carry the clause found in spells like Enlarge Person, which allows the subject's gear and weapons to change size along with it. It's therefore best to use your eidolon's actual evolution points to get it to the size you want and use evolution surge to add on other abilities that won't need to affect the eidolon's items.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q765: While I'm pretty sure of the answer to this one. If I used Magic Jar to possess one of my zombies, seeing as they don't have a soul according to the spell (being non-sentient undead and all) they don't get a save against the spell, right?
    Last edited by Doc_Maynot; 2015-01-26 at 10:17 AM.
    Adaptation of Child of Acavna and Amaznen into a "Spheres Fighter"
    Thank you Ganorenas

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    An Animated Object is a kind of creature. An animated object is a kind of item. So no, you can't apply a template. Unless you were to use animate objects to animate objects into Animated Objects and somehow apply templates while using animate objects to turn animate objects into Animate Objects for your Animated animated Object collection (or perhaps for a friend to watch anime with).

6. - Top - End - #1416

A765: All creatures get a will save, intelligent or not. It's effectively a form of mental inertia, it does not require conscious thought to exercise. If you have total control over the zombie however (e.g. via the Command Undead feat) then you can simply order it to always fail all its saves against you anytime prior to the possession attempt, and the magic that grants you that control will ensure your wishes are carried out.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #1417

Goblin

Q766

A Half orc with the "Toothy" racial feature using the shield of swings feat with his greataxe and biting as his secondary attack - is the damage from the bite reduced by half as well?
    Roll some dice, make some stuff up!
    Current campaign: City of Progress Campaign Journal
    This guide!

A reading of notable information in The City of Progress, here.

8. - Top - End - #1418

A766: This is one of the ambiguous ones. As it says "the damage" rather than "your damage" I would argue that it only refers to the damage of the two-handed weapon itself; thus any other weapons you use during that full-attack (e.g. natural weapons) should do their normal damage, which will already get 0.5 bonus due to being secondary natural attacks anyway. But a GM could also interpret it to mean all your damage during that full attack gets reduced regardless of source.

Again, I would personally go with the more favorable interpretation in this case due to how the feat is worded but it could fall out either way.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q 767

a) Does a flanking bonus or an aid another bonus count for your CMB?

b) If a target is denied dex to AC, is it also denied dex to its CMD?

10. - Top - End - #1420

A767a: Yes and yes.

A767b: Yes.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Q 768

Does the animal companion's 7th level advancement occur when your effective Druid level reaches 7 or its HD is 7?

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Q 769

Is it possible for a character to pick a lock without lockpicks? This also implies that they are unable to improvise any kind of lockpick.
    Last edited by Almaseti; 2015-01-26 at 09:52 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423

A768: It's your level, though keep in mind that these are the same at 4 and the druid is only 1 ahead at 7, so the difference is minor.

A769: Yes - the skill is still usable "without tools" rather than "with improvised tools." But improvised tools can be nearly anything you can imagine, even a fingernail or tightly woven strands of your hair/clothing, so it's difficult to conceive of a scenario where a rogue truly has nothing whatsoever at his/her disposal.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Hm, okay. A fingernail doesn't seem like much of a lockpick to me, but I suppose someone could make it work. Thank you!

15. - Top - End - #1425

Q770 If an ability grants temporary HP without a set duration, can one wait 24 hours and cause said temp HP become permanent? What about temporarily gained spells, feats, skill points, etc? (I already know that temporary ability score effects become permanent, but I was curious about specific items)

16. - Top - End - #1426

Err... if it doesn't have a duration how can it be temporary? Is there a specific effect you're asking about?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1427

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Err... if it doesn't have a duration how can it be temporary? Is there a specific effect you're asking about?
    1st the ability in question has a duration, just not in rounds, minutes, hours, etc.
    2nd the ability is when a Nimble + Gifted blade archetype for soul knife, uses his Adaptive Form class feature to acquire temporary PP and powers known via Mental power blade skill.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q771:
    In description of dim light is written thats I can use Stealth to conceal myself, does it mean thats I can use Stealth without cover in plain sigh versus creatures without dark-vision?
    Q772:
    I can pick Weapon Focus with improvised weapon (Just interesting can I take Weapon Focus with feather and deal normal damage with Warpriest Sacred Weapon)?

19. - Top - End - #1429

Mental Power does not grant temporary PP - It grants additional (i.e. bonus) PP, similar to having a higher ability modifier. Therefore, when the effect ends (i.e. if you expend focus to swap that bladeskill out) you will lose the PP whether you spent them or not. There is no way to make them truly permanent - they will stay as long as you have the bladeskill, and go away if you drop it. You most certainly cannot keep it for awhile to make them "permanent," then swap it out and take it again to get even more PP, and so on and so on.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Q773 If a familiar takes the archetype "Emissary", with regards to its ability Domain Influence, what is the familiar's caster level?

Q774 Is it possible to use Extend Spell on spells with a duration of "special", e.g. Inheritor's Smite? If so, what happens, e.g. does it apply to my next two attacks?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

21. - Top - End - #1431

A773: As with any other creature, caster level = HD unless otherwise specified; familiars however throw in the extra wrinkle that effects based on HD are calculated using your total level in familiar-granting classes. Therefore, generally, the caster level of whichever ability it gets from this will be equal to your total level in familiar-granting classes. (i.e. your caster level, if you're single-classed.)

A774: The general answer is that when you see "see text" or "special," it depends on the spell. For your specific question though, IS says "until your next attack" - this discharges it and therefore it cannot be extended.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

A 771 Low-light provides concealment against those who can't see you in it, you can use concealment to use Stealth.

A 772 You have to be proficient in a weapon to take Weapon Focus in it, so unless you have a way to be proficient with improvised weapons, you can't take Weapon Focus(Improvised Weapons), or Weapon Focus(Feather) in this case.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

23. - Top - End - #1433

Goblin

Q775

If a rogue makes a grapple check to maintain a pin, and choses to deal damage with a light weapon as part of maintaining the grapple - does this allow for sneak damage as well?
    This guide!

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ettin in the Playground

A 775 Yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

25. - Top - End - #1435

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    A 775 Yes.
    Q775a

I assumed as such, but is there any clarification floating around out there, because the combat rules state that during a grapple check against a pinned opponent "You can inflict damage to your target equal to your unarmed strike, a natural attack, or an attack made with armor spikes or a light or one-handed weapon. This damage can be either lethal or nonlethal."

Rogue says: The rogue's attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC

So, the way it looks, is that damage is caused via "You can inflict damage to your target equal to," but no attack is made - as required by sneak. Sneak attacks states that a Rogue's attack deals deals extra damage... IF this is the case, then Rogue's sneak would not go off, only the damage of the strike...

This is my problem - Sorry, I should have clarified earlier. And I know I'm splitting hairs, but this has come up and there are several curious individuals at my table.
    Last edited by Nibbens; 2015-01-28 at 07:06 PM.
    This guide!

26. - Top - End - #1436

A775a: Grapple checks are attack rolls in PF, so you're good to go
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Q776

Can a Brawler with Pounce, use Brawler's Flurry at the end of a charge.

Pounce (Ex): When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can make a full attack (including rake attacks if the creature also has the rake ability).

Brawler's Flurry (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a brawler can make a brawler's flurry as a full-attack action.

So I guess the question is, is a Full-attack the same as a full-attack action?

28. - Top - End - #1438

A776: Yes, Brawler's Flurry is a "melee full attack sequence" and thus works with pounce. The same is true for a Monk's Flurry of Blows.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Orc in the Playground

Q777

Let's say a barbarian with Knockback does exactly that as an AoO. A nasty critter tried to move into his reach, but he bumped it back 20ft with his baseball bat.

Is the creature free to use up its remaining movement squares? Or is the move action canceled?

Q778

I've recently read that most bonuses to attack rolls can also apply to CMB. This is tremendous news because so far we've only played with the usual BAB + STR + specific bonuses like Improved feats. Now logically things like charging and higher ground would also give a bonus to CMB. But what about a barbarian? If I take Reckless Abandon, do I get all those bonuses to CMB? If so, it seems like a really good trade-off. What about Power Attack? Do the penalties apply?

Q779

Maneuver Master monk says that you may select from any Improved Maneuver feats, along with the traditional monk feats. Monk bonus feats are stated to ignore prereqs. Thanks to that, can I skip over Combat Expertise and Int 13 while grabbing Improved Trip? They are very un-barbarianlike and overall a drag to get.

Seems like Barbarian has potential to be a good maneuver guy. Barb and Monk obviously clash in a few ways (alignment restrictions for example) but I think I can get those waived with a good backstory.
    Last edited by Qc Storm; 2015-01-29 at 03:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

Q780 I was surprised to see this isn't on the equipment list... what is the range and damage of a thrown rock? Does it count as a normal weapon or improvised?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!