New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13385354555657585960616263
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1875
  1. - Top - End - #1861
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by boriss283 View Post
    Q1029
    Hello. Can you Advice me most unfare and hardest monsters for pathfinder with low CR ? CR 9 or below.
    This is a subjective/value-judgment question and therefore out of scope. You may want to make a separate thread and crowdsource the community's input.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #1862
    Banned

Q1030
    How work feats rules ? For example i can take feat on 5 level. Can i dont take it on 5 level and wait till my 6 level. Up some skill rank to 6 and only after this take feat ? If i can't that can you show rules or say me page in book ?

3. - Top - End - #1863

A1030: You cannot delay when you obtain a feat. You must select one at the level you get it.

The rules for leveling up your character (and the steps you have to take, in order) are on page 30 of the Core Rulebook.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #1864
    Orc in the Playground

Q1031

The Golden Swipe maneuver from Golden Lion, Path of War, pushes the enemy 10ft. However, the wording makes it sound like the enemy chooses his movement. Is that correct?

If so, it could end up benefiting them more than anything.

5. - Top - End - #1865

A1031: Yes, the enemy chooses where they move to. The idea is to use this strike on an enemy who'd rather not move from their current position, or one who would be forced to move through the threatened areas of your allies.

It's unclear however what happens if the only movement they can make is inherently hazardous (e.g. you have them at the edge of a cliff with no lateral movement possible); they may still be "capable of moving," even if doing so would lead to their death. It's also unclear what happens if there is a large strength or size difference between you and your foe, like a halfling battering a Storm Giant.

(Sidenote: this is why, although it's not perfect, I prefer bull rushes for forced movement.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1866
    Titan in the Playground

Q1032 Does the unchained monk's flurry of blows stack with Two-Weapon Fighting? How about with the magus's Spell Combat?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

7. - Top - End - #1867

A1032: No to both of these. For the former, you explicitly cannot gain extra attacks beyond what the flurry itself gives you (barring haste and similar effects), and for the latter, Spell Combat is itself already a full-round action.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1868
    Banned

Q1033
    Hello, my question is about vampire. He has Energy Drain with hes natural attacks. And, for example, i am grappling an enemy and doing damage in grapple. In rules said "Damage: You can inflict damage to your target equal to your unarmed strike, a natural attack, or an attack made with armor spikes or a light or one-handed weapon. This damage can be either lethal or nonlethal." . So.....am i doing natural attacks and Energy drain works on this damage or i just doing damage ?

9. - Top - End - #1869

A1033: Yes, a vampire can use his slam (and thus his energy drain) as part of the grapple damage.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #1870
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q1034:
    Is some ways to increase effects from bard performance?

Q1035:
    Is some prestige classes that stacks with bard or feat`s that allow use character level (Instead of Bard level) to determine effects from bard specials (Any)?

Q1036:
    Savage Display will stack with any damage that I do? Spells damage and damage from weapon? Will it apply multiple times when I cast Scorching Ray (Multiple rays)?
    Last edited by MizuDevil; 2015-05-09 at 06:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1871

Quote Originally Posted by MizuDevil View Post
    Q1034:
    Is some ways to increase effects from bard performance?

Q1035:
    Is some prestige classes that stacks with bard or feat`s that allow use character level (Instead of Bard level) to determine effects from bard specials (Any)?

Q1036:
    Savage Display will stack with any damage that I do? Spells damage and damage from weapon? Will it apply multiple times when I cast Scorching Ray (Multiple rays)?
    A1034: I only know a few - there may be more out there. If someone in the party is wielding a Courageous weapon (e.g. a barbarian), then the bard's morale bonuses (e.g. from Inspire Courage or Inspire Heroics) can be doubled for that person. The bard herself can wear a Rallying shield to increase the morale bonuses from these abilities for everyone as well. A Banner of the Ancient Kings will let you treat yourself as 4 levels higher when determining the effect of your performances.

A1035: There are a few PrCs that do this, like Pathfinder Chronicler. Generally they are not worthwhile, but I have not been through all of them.

A1036a: Bonuses like these only apply to weapons and weaponlike spells (like rays) unless stated otherwise.
    A1036b: It will apply to Scorching Ray, but you would choose one ray to get the bonus; not every ray. Otherwise you would actually be doing +2d6 or +3d6, which would violate the "Benefit" section of the feat, which only gives you +1d6.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1872
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Q1037

A target gets "caught on fire" from a mundane source, then he's hit by an elemental's melee attack which applies "burning" and subsequently makes the target "catch on fire" again. How do the two separate applications of "Caught on Fire" interact?
    Last edited by Nibbens; 2015-05-11 at 02:12 PM.
    Roll some dice, make some stuff up!
    Current campaign: City of Progress Campaign Journal
    This guide!

A reading of notable information in The City of Progress, here.

13. - Top - End - #1873
    Titan in the Playground

Q1037: Aside from the obvious cloak of resistance and "+2 to one saving throw" feats, how would a moderate (4th-8th) level wizard boost his saving throws?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

14. - Top - End - #1874
    Barbarian in the Playground

A1037 - Fire: The rules don't clearly state how multiple fire effects interact: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasterin...tching-on-Fire. GM interpretation will be required, but in general the same effect doesn't stack and when you have the effect from multiple sources you apply the strongest version.

15. - Top - End - #1875
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Mod One Out: Closed due to length. New thread is here. Feel free to repost your question there if it hasn't been answered!
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.