New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    I was specifically referring to the goblin-only feat. 'speed' is determined by damage that would have been taken and does not actually affect the roll. My question regarded whether it would be possible to bounce more than once in a turn.
    Oops, then I misunderstood your question. Sorry.

A90 For Real
    The acrobatic check, to avoid damage and start the bouncing roll (aka bounce), is an immediate action. Since you only get one immediate action per round, you can only roll acrobatics once per round to bounce, so you can't bounce from an AoO caused by the movement from the first bounce.
    (Unless they are ways to get multiple immediate actions, but I can't find any.)
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Q91 What is the AC modifier on elven chain? For some reason this is not on the d20pfsrd site. Is it +6, just like regular chainmail?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Q91 What is the AC modifier on elven chain? For some reason this is not on the d20pfsrd site. Is it +6, just like regular chainmail?
    A91:
    Chain Shirt has a +4AC, 4 max dex, -2 armor check, 20% arcane spell failure and is considered light armor.
    Chainmail has a +6AC, 2 max dex, -5 armor check, 30% arcane spell failure and is considered light armor.

Elven Chain does not state that it is a +6 anywhere I can find, however it states "This extremely light chainmail..."
    And beyond that has the same stats as a chain shirt (4 max dex, -2 armor check, 20% arcane spell failure), including calling it out as light armor.
    I'm going to go ahead and say yes, it gives +6 as a chainmail would, because otherwise this is a very expensive chain shirt that I can see no actual reason for it's pricing.

Also, further investigation under Materials on pathfinderSRD.com yields this nugget in regards to using mithral for armor, which the Elven Chainmail description states the Elven Chainmail is made from:
    "Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from mithral are decreased by 10%, maximum Dexterity bonuses are increased by 2, and armor check penalties are decreased by 3 (to a minimum of 0)."
    Which is consistant with the stats of the Elven Chainmail. The only difference I see, is that Elven Chainmail calls out the item as light category rather than medium, which likely is the justification of an extra 1000gp (approx) to the price.

TL:DR-Yes.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q92:
    In Pathfinder creation of Zombie/ Skeleton Works like in D&D 3.5? I just take corpse, look at stats and change its with "Creating Zombie/ Skeleton'' in Zombie/ Skeleton description?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Q93:

As per the spell "Greater Planar Binding" (Link here), it states that no creature can be summoned with more than 18 HD. The sample table, however, lists 3 creatures with greater than 18 HD. Why is this? Are we expected to lower the HD to 18 and adjust the stats?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

A92
    Yup. That's all there is to it.

A93
    Well I am pretty sure the table is from the makers of the site, rather then Paizo, but that doesn't really answer your question. (Link to Paizo's PFSRD, notice the lack of table)

I can guess...
    What is most noteworthy is that all three with more HD are iconic outsiders, Balors, Pit Fiends and Solars, and other outsiders with more than 18 HD aren't on the list. Maybe they are on the list to show you cannot call these famous and well known outsiders.
    Or maybe the list was also meant to be included on the Gate page.
    Or maybe it's human error.

Regardless, I don't think it is the intend to downscale these outsiders to 18 HD.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-06-24 at 11:38 PM.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

7. - Top - End - #187
    Banned

Q94

Summoner in Pathfinder is like spellcaster and he must speak spell and twist arms ?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

A94
    The Summoner casts spells just like a Sorcerer, including verbal, somatic and material components as specified by the spell description. However, their "Summon Monster" ability is a spell-like ability and as such has no verbal, somatic or material components.
    Last edited by Firest Kathon; 2014-06-25 at 07:16 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Halfling in the Playground

Q95: Thanatopic Spell removes immunities to death effects, but not the need to make a save. Since most(if not all) death effects/spells require a fortitude save, it seems that undeads are still immune to them... Is that right?
    Last edited by Larsen; 2014-06-25 at 08:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

A95
    The feat states any spells it augments works on undead (but only for death effects, negative levels, and energy drain*), which would mean the normal "Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save" is also overwritten. So the feat would pierce that immunity too, so to speak.

*Edit: From the examples given in the feat, this list should also include negative energy, and because of this feat vampiric touch now deals negative energy...
    Yeah, the writing could use some cleaning up, but the intention is clear.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-06-25 at 08:50 AM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

Q96

Of i summone a monster. And he dies. Monster will stay on my plane or или or it will desapear ?

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

Q97

There is Feats that can help me use Silent spell or Still spell with out level incresement few time in a day, or may be totaly with out level incresement ?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q98:
    Bulette Have Melee: +13 on bite and +12 on claw.
    This is full attack action and Bulette gets -2 on attack roll`s (I just dont know, because it have BAB +8 and Str. Mod. +6 > 14 On melee (And Bite +1 from feat))?
    Am I understand it correctly or Bulette have some varies BAB?

Q99:
    Can I make undead from demon/ devil (Kill him and after that animate)?

Q100:
    What the different from Demon and Devil?
    Last edited by MizuDevil; 2014-06-25 at 11:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

A96
    When a summoned monster dies, the "corpse" disappears. Although the creature isn't actually dead, but he is returned where he came from. It does take 24 hours to reform.

A97
    I know of traits, and you can gain traits trough a feat. But they only work for a chosen spell. for reference: Feat: Additional Traits, Trait: Magical Lineage, Trait: Metamagic Master (Wayang Spellhunter)

There is also Spell Perfection, but again bound to a single spell and this one is also high level.

Instead consider a Metamagic Rod, these allow you to apply metamagic to any spell without making the spell a higher level. But they only work a couple of times per day and can be expensive. But Still Spell doesn't have a rod. Silent Spell does.

A98
    You are right. The mysterious penalty is from their size. (They are Huge, so get a -2 on attack rolls and AC.)

A99
    Well it is not really called out, there is nothing in the rules to disallow undead outsiders, and thus demons. As long has you have a demon corpse, you can make it into an undead.

Some setting do say that slain outsiders revert to "primordial essence" back into the plane, but that is setting fluff rather then general rules.

A100
    Really broad: Devils are Lawful Evil, Demons are Chaotic Evil. There are also subtle difference like both have different immunities and different abilities. For the full list check the subtype listings for devils and demons.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q101:
    Where can I look/ how can know is undead intelegence or not (Can they make every day save to broke "Command Undead" or not)?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

A101
    I'm afraid it's a case by case basis. So you need to look up the monster stats and check if it says "Int —". There is no separate list for mindless and intelligent undead.

Although most undead are intelligent, the only mindless ones I can think of out off the top of head are Skeletons and Zombies. (Ghost, Shadows, Wights, Ghouls, and even Mummies are all intelligent.)

___

Old PF Initiative Build

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q102:
    In whick book I can find deeities discription?
    Q103:
    Can I feel undeads I animated/ command (For Example, where they are)?
    Q104:
    With which action I can order my undeads? Or I can simply think and they will do it?
    Q105:
    Can be 'Comman Undead' DC save be improved with 'Improved Channel'?
    106:
    If summoned creature was killed, corpse disapear?
    107:
    How fine can undeads understand orders (How hard can be orders)?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

A102
    Well I don't own any of the books the following seems logic choices: Inner Sea Gods (Although its very thorough), The Inner Sea World Guide (Which is everything about the general campaign setting, but touches on the core deities) or Inner Sea Primer (Which seems to be a shorter version of Inner Sea World Guide, still includes the main deities.)

A103
    No, there is no special connection of any kind. They just follow your orders, but if you cant see or hear them, you don't know where they are.

A104
    You can to verbally give them orders (See the Control Undead spell) so that would be a speaking, which is a free action in combat as long as you keep it simple.

A105
    Well officially by the rules the answer is no.

But judging from James Jacobs (Creative Director ) answer here, I think the intend is that it should work. Although in that example it is turn undead rather than command, but the same logic applies.

A106
    Yup, although they are technically not dead but do need 24 hours to reform. (The full explanation can be found here, under summoning.)

A107
    It's not really stated in the books, so basically anything goes as long as the undead is capable of doing it.

As a confusing side note: Command Undead, the feat, works like the Spell Control Undead, which has no limits. The Spell Command Undead does (and heavy ones too), but that doesn't apply here in this case.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

19. - Top - End - #199

NecromancerGuy

Q108:
    Is the Falconer a valid Ranger Archetype for PFS play?
    Iron Chef in the Playground veteran since Round IV. Play as me!

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

A108
    Yup.

From the PFS Additional Resources list:
    Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Combat
    All material from this book is legal for play except as noted below. Some rules elements are legal but function differently in Pathfinder Society Organized Play, as described.

Ranger: The trophy hunter archetype is not permitted in Pathfinder Society Organized Play.
    (This heavily edited quote excludes anything unrelated to the question)

___

Old PF Initiative Build

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Q109

Do the competence bonuses from inspire courage work on undead allies/minions?

22. - Top - End - #202

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubs View Post
    Q109Do the competence bonuses from inspire courage work on undead allies/minions?
    A109:
    As I understand it, unintelligent undead are immune to morale based effects. It doesn't discern positive or negative effects, just all morale based effects. Intelligent undead I think can be affected by morale based effects, that would preclude buffs as well.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

A109 Addendum
    All Undead have blanket immunity against mind-affecting effects, which include morale bonuses. So even intelligent undead are immune.

Traits: An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).

Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
    Edit: However that doesn't stop competence bonuses, so the +1 Att/Dam from inspire courage still work. Competence has nothing to do with mind-affecting effects.

As a sidenote, although not in the rules, it is strongly implied one can lower its defenses and be affected by effects they are normally immune too. Although the only examples are generally about spells, spell resistance and saving throws, none of these examples affect the undead immunities or the bard's inspire courage.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-06-26 at 11:19 PM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Yanisa View Post
    A109 Addendum
    All Undead have blanket immunity against mind-affecting effects, which include morale bonuses. So even intelligent undead are immune.

As a sidenote, although not in the rules, it is strongly implied one can lower its defenses and be affected by effects they are normally immune too. Although the only examples are generally about spells, spell resistance and saving throws, none of these examples affect the undead immunities or the bard's inspire courage.
    Interesting.
    Follow Up Q109:
    Discordant Voice
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/genera...scordant-voice
    It doesn't explicitly state that it's a moral effect, and it states that it effects weapons and weapon attacks. But it is using Bardic Performance.
    If my party member is undead (a vampire for example) would they gain this buff?
    Guess = Yes
    Last edited by Karoht; 2014-06-26 at 10:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Follow Up A109
    Well an Undead isn't immune to the Bardic Performance ability itself, it is just that many of its uses are mind-affecting, morale, fear or something similar. In fact Inspire Courage partly works on undead. (You might note a sneaky edit in my previous post, I forgot to answer the actual question)

So yes, this feat would work too, the target doesn't even have to be affected by the bardic performance. So a bard could do a song that only effects enemies (Fascinate) and the feat still give allies the buff. No reason to assume undead are immune to this feat.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

26. - Top - End - #206
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q110

Asked on another forum relating to idea, but now I think I need something closer to a ruling;

What action is required for Boots of Escape?
    Cost 8,000 gp
    Use Dimension Door once per day
    Range of 30 ft.
    Probably effects only the wearer
    Can be used ONLY when grappled, pinned, or entangled
    Description does not say how it is activated

Consider Cape of the Montebank
    Cost 10,800 gp
    Use Dimension Door once per day
    Range of 760 ft.
    Can possibly bring three others along for the ride
    Command Word activated (Standard Action)

Also consider Unfettered Shirt
    Cost 10,000 gp
    Duration of ten minutes
    Command Word activated.

The latter two seem much more powerful for a mere 25%ish increase in cost if the boots require a standard action.
    Avatar of Vlad Taltos and Loiosh by Bradakhan

27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Q 111

The healing domain subcategory resurrection has this ability. If you heal them can they stay alive at the end, or is this really just a temporary resurrection with no way to make it permanent?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

A110
    Answered here, mr impatience.

For the record: when no activation is named, the item is a command word and requires a standard action.
    Also yes, the guidelines to prices are weird at times.

A111
    The rules are hard on this ones. They make like zero room or exceptions, so we assume the worst.
    At the end of this time, the creature dies again.
    So you cannot make this ressurection permanent.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-06-27 at 01:01 PM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

Q112

In Pathfinder is feat, to cast Still spell few time in day for free ? With out spell's level up ?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

Q113 Where can i look Large/Huge size's bonuses and minuses ? Like Str Bonuse. Dex Minus. ? Stelth minus and all like this ?