New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

A112
    Pardon me if I misunderstood your question, but I guess the answer is no.
    The Feat Silent spell isn't free, nor are there any other feats to make it free.

A113
    The easiest table is found in the Bestiary, page 296, or here on the PFSRD.
    There are a couple of other tables spread troughout the corerulebook, but finding them all is annoying.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Q114
    The Racial heritage feat allows a human to qualify for other races feats. Does any reverse exist to allow other races to qualify for human feats?
    Last edited by FooBot; 2014-06-28 at 08:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Q115

How would overhand chop work with a barbarian's rage bonus? I have a Lv 3 Fighter/1 Barbarian, 18 STR, Great sword. Normal STR bonus is +4, and overhand chop wants to use double my STR bonus, and rage wants to give +4 morale bonus. I'm thinking overhand chop gives me a STR bonus of 8, and then the morale rage kicks in for +4 to end up at 12. If I add power attack, that adds another 6 damage, right?

I feel like I have to be doing something wrong, as having a level 4 character doing 2d6+18 seems quite a lot. Confirmation would be grand :)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Question Re: Simple Q&A for Pathfinder 3: Find With a Vengeance

Q116 Other than naturally healing or using 'evil' spells that use negative energy, is there a way for a Dhampir to heal magically?
    The Super Special Awesome Yiuel made my very manly Avatar
    The Great Steam Golem, Blitzcrank!

He really has a heart of gold...encased in a framework of iron...in a carapace of steel.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

A114
    As far as I know, nope. Pathfinder, like 3.5, tends to be very human-centric.

You can find all the racial feats here, beyond the human one, not a single other race feat that lets you count as a different race.

A115
    There is no reason to assume temporary effects don't count for overhand chop. It says "current strength" not "base strength". Similarly other bonuses count too, like a Belt of Giant strength or the size increase from Enlarge Person. Also remember this ability increases the normal x1.5 (to x2) damage you get with weapons, and that also includes bonuses to strength,

Besides in case you can from 2d6+9 (normal strike) to 2d6+12 (overhand chop), so overhand chop doesn't add that much more damage. Power Attack does, with that +6, so without overhand chop you still be dealing 2d6+15 and with it 2d6+18. (Obviously the more strength the greater the difference)

Barbarian and Two-Handed Weapon Users in general are heavy hitters, so even without trying they can deal massive damage. That is their main role.
    (I even have 2 barbarians in my group and they chop everything into small pieces. I even started to give all melee enemies max hp and the group barely noticed it. )

A116
    How about evil spells that give fast healing? Infernal healing.

Other options:
    Treat Deadly Wounds (Healing Skill, not magic, but still your best bet given the other options)

Goodberry (Druid Spell, max 8 hp per 24 hours)
    Blessing of the Salamander (Druid Spell, fast healing 5 for druid level rounds)
    Fractions of Heal and Harm (allows you to heal with area effects spells, sort off.)
    Healing Warmth (Level 4 spell that only can heal 1d8, limited to ifrit)
    Healing Thief (Allows you to steal healing from other creatures, unsure how this effects positive/negative energy)
    Song of Healing (Bards only, fast healing 2 and 1d8+level at the end of the fast healing)
    Resurgent Transformation (Alchemist only, lots of other bonuses and penalties)

Amulet of Channeled Life (Item, allows you to be healed by positive energy)

I think I got most of them, but there might be more... Although judging from these spells the options are full with drawbacks and limitations.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Q117

Magic crafting. As I understand it, wands only can hold up to level 4 spells. Is there any way to have a magic wand equivalent of higher level spells?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

A117 Craft Staves is for that. By RAW you may create your own staff. Get a spell you want and another one on your spell list so that you can refill the charges with spending a spell of the same level as the highest one in the staff.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q118:
    Juju Zombie can be maked with "Animate Spell"?

Q119
    As I understood, Juju zombie is not Staggered as normal zombie?

Q120:
    As I understand, Juju zombie have all skill, feats, special attack and defence abilities (Because I dont found something in Juju zombie creation about that).

Q121:
    All undeads with Int score can speak and understand other characters?

Q122:
    If I animate or control undead with Int. score, this make undead mindless, or they can speak, understand all and have they own Will but must to perform orders?

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

A118
    Nope, you need Create Undead for that.

A119
    Yup, Juju zombies are indeed not staggered.

A120
    Again yes, Juju zombies retain a lot from their previous life.

A121
    Yes, when you got a Int of 3+ you can speak and understand speech.

A122
    Sidenote: You can't make intelligent undead with Animate Dead.

Besides that they are not mindless, they are just dominated. They will talk when you order them, understand your speech and follow your every command.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

10. - Top - End - #220
    Banned

Q 123

How works Natural attack with Power attacks ? If i have Slam and claws, Slam will works like 2 handed (BAB*2) weapon and claws like light (1/2 BAB) weapon ?

Q 124

Can u help me with Eidolons max attacks per round ? I have Eidolon with 8 lvl and max attack 4. I can make 4 Natural attacks per round ? What BAB i will have on all attacks ? (I have 6 BAB)

Q 125

What strength dmg i will have with my natural attacks ? Slam 1-1/2 str and claws 1/2 strength ? And, for example, bite ?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Q125: Does a Musket Master's Rapid Reload(Muskets) apply to all muskets(as in anything with Musket in the name such as a double-barrel musket or an ax-musket) or just Musket(the basic twohanded firearm)?
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 126
    Where EXACTLY is it stated that you cannot multiclass into a class you already have (presumably with a different archetype)?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Q127

When performing an overrun with the Improved Overrun feat, does movement to and away from the target creature provoke attacks of opportunity? What about from other creatures nearby?

Q128

The Charge Through feat has the wording:

"If the overrun is unsuccessful, the charge ends in the space directly in front of that creature."

Charge has:

"After moving, you may make a single melee attack."

Is there definitive ruling or wording that you could or couldn't choose to use your attack on the creature that just stopped an overrun instead of the original target?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

A123
    Most important rule here:
    Natural Attacks
    Primary attacks are made using the creature’s full base attack bonus and add the creature’s full Strength bonus on damage rolls.
    Secondary attacks are made using the creature’s base attack bonus –5 and add only 1/2 the creature’s Strength bonus on damage rolls.
    If a creature has only one natural attack, it is always made using the creature’s full base attack bonus and adds 1-1/2 times the creature’s Strength bonus on damage rolls.
    The third line doesn't count here, because you have multiple attacks.

Power Attack
    You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls.
    This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls.
    This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon.
    Both claw and bite are Primary attacks and you are not adding 1.5 strength to any natural weapon. So all your primary attacks get the normal power attack bonus.

A124
    The Natural Attacks for eidolons are the max number of natural attacks they can posses, each natural attack you gain still deals one attack. (Except claw, those come in pair.)
    So an eidolon with a max of 4 attacks, but who only has a pair of claws, can only make 2 attacks. Similarly an eidolon with slam can only make 1 attack.
    An eidolon with 2 pair of claws can make 4 attacks. Now the eidolon cannot choose anymore attacks, you cannot get a third pair of claws or even an slam or another natural attack until the maximum number of natural attacks goes up by leveling.

And the BaB is the eidolons BaB. If you have a secondary natural attack it gets a -5 on attacks.

A125 boriss283
    I covered most of this in A123. All your natural attacks are primary so normal strength damage. (No half strength or 1.5 strength)

A125 (torrasque666)
    Well Rapid Reload for cross-bow works per weapon, rather then per category or group, so like Rapid Reload (Light Crossbow) only counts for Light Crossbows, Rapid Reload (Musket) would only work for Musket the weapon.. (Similarly for Weapon Focus, you also pick one weapon.)
    However Rapid Reload (Two-Handed Firearm) is a valid choice, offered by the examples.

A126
    The chapter on Character Advancement has a lot of statements that sort of say this, but not in any direct terms. Consider quotes as:
    When adding new levels of an existing class or adding levels of a new class (see Multiclassing, below)
    Instead of gaining the abilities granted by the next level in your character's current class, he can instead gain the 1st-level abilities of a new class, adding all of those abilities to his existing ones. This is known as “multiclassing.”
    A127
    Overrun (and Improved Overrun) doesn't seem to have a specific clause dealing with movement AoO, so it falls back to the default rule of moving out of threatening squares provokes.
    Although I do agree in the case of overrun it is vague, the idea that you provoke an AoO from the dude under your feet is weird, but there is no RAW dealing with it.

This problem wouldn't happen is the movement was part of the overrun, but that is not the case. (It's similarly to charge, the movement is not the charge action itself, and thus provokes.)

A128
    I can't find any hard ruling, but I do think it is possible.

Just like you can start a full attack, kill an enemy on the first hit, and then take a move action instead of completing your full attack. This sounds similarly.

Edit: Updated 127 and 128.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-07-02 at 06:02 AM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Q129

How does the Genii-caller trait work?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regio...egional-qadira

It increases the caster level, but I can't figure out what that would change. Fellow player suggested it for my cleric for summon monsters, but I don't see any benefit.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

A129
    A caster level determines various aspects of spells. From range, to duration to damage die. Basically whenever a spell has a line that says "per level" that level refers to caster level.

More specific, in the case of most summoning spells it only effects the duration, range, concentration checks while casting summoning monsters, and adds to the DC of dispell attempts against your summons.

Although in practice this would mostly mean you can once per day summon a monster that stays 2 rounds longer.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-07-04 at 11:47 AM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q130 can a zombie Adult White Dragon hit an incorporeal creature?
    Last edited by FabulousFizban; 2014-07-05 at 01:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Q131

In our new Pathfinder campaign, the DM has told me that if I have 5 or more ranks in a class skill, the regular +3 bonus doubles to +6. I can't find any mention of this in the CRB. Is my DM correct?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Another one for you ;)

Q132

Shurikens. They count as ammunition, and break when thrown. Could they be fixed with a mending spell? Or Make whole? Or more to the point, is there anything that could stop this, or can I enchant me some shuriken? :)

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

A130
    Not without outside help.

An incorporeal creature
    can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons or creatures that strike as magic weapons, and spells, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities. It is immune to all nonmagical attack forms
    The normal Adult White Dragon (AWD) has Damage Reduction 5/Magic, which means their natural attacks count as magic. A zombie looses this.
    The AWD also have spells (Ray of Frost as the only one dealing damage), a zombie also looses those.
    Same goes for the supernatural abilities (Cold Aura), a zombie looses those.

So a zombie AWD is without all the tricks a normal AWD would have against incorporeal.

A131
    It sounds like your DM is confusing various mechanics. But he is close.

There is a mechanic for that, but it's with the feat Skill Focus, and various other feats that increase skill bonuses. (All those feats that give +2 to 2 skills, like for example Athletics. Even the rare feat with 3 skills does it, like Voice of Sibyl).
    You get a +3 bonus on all checks involving the chosen skill. If you have 10 or more ranks in that skill, this bonus increases to +6.
    As for the 5 ranks (instead 10), thats from 3.5, in which 5 ranks in a skill would give bonuses (also known as synergies) with other skills.

But it has nothing to do with the base +3 bonus you get from having the skill as a class skill.

A132
    They don't just break down, they are destroyed (or lost if you miss).

Ammunition:
    Generally speaking, ammunition that hits its target is destroyed or rendered useless, while ammunition that misses has a 50% chance of being destroyed or lost. Although they are thrown weapons, shuriken are treated as ammunition for the purposes of drawing them, crafting masterwork or otherwise special versions of them, and what happens to them after they are thrown.
    And destroyed objects cannot be repaired.

Damaged Objects
    A damaged object remains functional with the broken condition until the item's hit points are reduced to 0, at which point it is destroyed.

Damaged (but not destroyed) objects can be repaired with the Craft skill and a number of spells. (eg. make whole or mending)

Technically Make Whole can repair destroyed magical items when you have double the caster level of that item. So if you have +1 shurikens, Make Whole can repair destroyed ones, but only when you are at caster level 10. +2 already requires caster level 20, and higher ones cannot be repaired. (Although there is still a risk of loosing them permanently when you miss your target.)
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-07-05 at 01:50 AM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

21. - Top - End - #231

Griffon

Q133

The concentration DC for casting while grappled is "10 + grappler's CMB + spell level." What, if anything, gets added to the CMB? For instance, do bonuses from things like improved grapple or the grab extraordinary ability increase the DC?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

A133
    Let's start with the basics.

CMB = Base attack bonus + Strength modifier + special size modifier

Some feats and abilities grant a bonus to your CMB when performing specific maneuvers.
    The problem is, the grappler is not performing a maneuver. The concentration DC is completely on the grappled caster side of things. Even the abilities that increase the CMB for grapple, like Grab or Improved Grapple, state you get a bonus when grappling (or maintaining a grapple), but it's not a flat bonus to anything with grapple in it.

So the only things to add to the DC of that concentration are the basics (BaB, Strength and Size)

___

Old PF Initiative Build

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

A133 rant And yet by any logic it should. You train your grappling so much you have to spend a feat on it. So it SHOULD apply (house rule alert!)

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, but grapple suffers from a lot more then just that...

A133 Annoying Side Fact to feed Rant/More Detailed Information on Mechanics (Or whatever)
    The bonus gained from Improved Grapple, and it's big brother Greater Grapple, do not help with grapple checks to maintain a grapple. Unlike Grab, who does that. But neither the feats nor the Grab helps to any other thing with grapple in it, because they specifically tuned to starting and maintaining grapples.
    Yeah, Improved and Greater Grapple don't help you defend against or break a grapple too.

And to be fair, even in a better written world, where the feats just gave a flat bonus to grapple (like 3.5), they will wouldn't RAW work on the DC of the concentration check, but it would be a lot more open to debate then the current writing.
    But also, and again to be fair, according this dude's math (and the general logic behind it), it's really hard to cast a spell in a grapple anyways, so you might not even need those extra bonuses. The only real chance you get is when the caster greatly outnumbers the grappler.
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-07-05 at 05:08 AM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Q134
    Can the Whirlwind Attack feat legally combine with Lunge? Attacking everything in a 25x25ft area at full BAB seems wrong, somehow...

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Q135:
    Cerberi have melee attack "3 Bites +11". This mean it can attack with it as standart action with 3 roll`s for every bite, or its work like multiply with natural attack`s, first with full BAB and others get -5 on attack rolls?

Q136:
    Why bite attack have 1d6+4 if Cerberi have only 3 Str mod (I want make skeleton from that, so it is important for me)?

Q137:
    Does Cerberi skeleton gets 4 claws for every limb he have, or claws can be only on hand`s?

Q138:
    Does Cerberi keeps cerberus’s jaws as Special Quality, thats improve melee attack?

Q139:
    Spell "Sympathetic Wounds" give +1 AC and +1 on Saves for target of spell, or for spell caster thats cast that spell?

Q140:
    Cerberi have a lot of skills, does skeleton cerberi retain that skill`s (In skeleton creation written, thats skeleton have no skill ranks bur is that Cerberi`s skill ranks, or he just have positive skills)?
    Last edited by MizuDevil; 2014-07-05 at 09:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

A134 Sadly no. You forfeit the ability to use any other beneficial feats on your whirlwind attack.

A135 Each head has its own primary natural attack. Each roll is made with +11. Natural attacks are not iterative (as weapons) but split into primary (all of which attack with full BAB) and secondary (with -5 penalty). Bite, Claw and sometimes Gore attacks are considered primary attacks. They would become secondary if you used a weapon for example.

A136 It's the only primary natural attack. It gets 1,5x the Strength bonus. Each head counts as an own creature here oddly.

A137 Cerberui have four feet and no hands. No claw attacks here.

A138 By RAW no. But you are the DM. ;)

A139 Sympathetic Wounds doesn't do that. But always the thing mentioned under "Target" gets afflicted. So if you mean "Shield Other" then the guy who gets protected gets the boni.

A140 Mindless undead such as skeletons loose all skills. That's because their intelligence is not zero but nil.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh, ninjad by Sporeegg due dinner, but dude you are missing a lot of good rule points...

A135 Addendum
    As a standard action you can only deliver one attack, unless you have special abilities that allow more attacks. Cerberi don't have such ability, so as a standard action he (they?) can deal one bite with +11 on the attack.

Sporeegg covered the rest.

A138 Addendum
    No, the full line is
    Special Qualities: A skeleton loses most special qualities of the base creature. It retains any extraordinary special qualities that improve its melee or ranged attacks.
    Cerberus's Jaws is a Super Natural (SU) ability, so he (they?) wouldn't be able to keep it.

(Explaining the rule here)

A139 Correction
    Sympathetic Wounds
    This spell functions like shield other, except...
    Shield Other
    This spell wards the subject and creates a mystic connection between you and the subject so that some of its wounds are transferred to you. The subject gains a +1 deflection bonus to AC and a +1 resistance bonus on saves. Additionally...
    As written it would give the subject the bonuses. As in the person that gets your wounds.

I suspect this is a oversight, so I can agree with house ruling so it would affect the caster or there no bonuses at all, but again, that is now RAW. (Or even giving the subject a penalty, that could also work.)

A140 Addendum
    No, the full line is
    Skills: A skeleton loses all skill ranks possessed by the base creature and gains none of its own.
    So whatever ranks the Cerberi had are lost, and he doesn't gain his (their?) own skill points. So all skills are made at the ability modifier. (Which would be: Acrobatics +3 (+7 when jumping), Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Stealth +3, Survival +0 (and no bonus when tracking undead)... Yeah not that great anymore.)

(Also, what Sporeegg said.)
    Last edited by Yanisa; 2014-07-05 at 12:02 PM.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

29. - Top - End - #239

Griffon

Q141

Are there any ways for a summoner to regain the use of his eidolon before the next day, after it has been sent back to its home plane due to death?

I'm aware of the Summon Eidolon spell, but am looking for something longer term.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

Q142

Clockwork familiar

What does a wizard need to do to get one? The improved familiar feat is avaiable at lvl 7, but does he need to be able to construct too? (so lvl 12 is needed?)

Or: Generally, what does a wizard need to do to get any of the improved familiars ?