New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ready, Aim, Fire! (Round 9) (Tainted Gold)

Curses! I died in the first round AGAIN!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Yay Alive... Also good thing King of Griffons wasnt there he would have been killed prety handily

Everlight Dungeon Crawl: Eberk Battleheart
    D'Emrenius Keep: Aramil

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

OK, guys: Player Statistics and Hall of Fame are updated. We have some changes among the awards and a new grudge Forget Pirates vs. Ninja. RAF is about Pirate vs. Llama

: The almighty Player Statistics thread. Check out your adversaries

: The Hall of Fame

: The Rules

4. - Top - End - #64
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Damn. I died. Oh well. There's always next game.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

5. - Top - End - #65

Woot I am the most loved. I would like to thank everyone hasn't shot me for that honor.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

I've got the Absolute Nobel Peace Prize! Cool!
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Uhm...guys? Deadline is in 12 hours and I haven't received half of the actions yet.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

My survival expert title is threatened! DIE! DIE! DIE!

((j/k. I like to have lots of spots in the hall of fame but I'm not gonna go psycho over it.

And I know I've mentioned this multiple times, but the PWNED sign was totally worth suiciding XP))
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Sometimes I feel
    I've got to
    *clap-clap*
    run away!
    I've got to'
    *Clap-clap*
    get away!
    From the spears you're trying to put in me
    The gold we share
    has us brought nowhere
    And some will lose their life
    'cause I dodge and turn and use that knife!

Once we ran in here, now we run in fear,
    This tainted gold we found,
    it made this place a bloody ground-
    Take my spear and knife and bullet!
    Tainted gold, whoahoowww...tainted gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Barbarian View Post
    Woot I am the most loved. I would like to thank everyone hasn't shot me for that honor.
    Famous Last Words?

That's Axel, the noble bandrowdy and his female side
    Thanks to Dispozition for the fantastic Axel/Alexia-avatars
    Great Faerwain-avatar by Tomb Raven
    Deep bows to Ceika for Faerwain the Triumphant

Middle Ages' most beautiful side- brought to you by the Digital Age

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Eight hours have passed, since their greed has caused the explorers to become imprisoned inside Ilanganatis Mountain. They have searched some of the passages for a way out, but to their dismay none of them brought them back to the surface. Instead many explorers fell to the deadly traps and their fellow adventurer’s mischief. After seeing half of their original expedition die that way, the survivors reassemble in the main cavern and mark the explored corridors.
    However, there is still tension and mistrust among the treasure hunters. Especially the trio of Indurain, Khantalas and weebl has drawn many malevolent gazes upon them as they have emptied their backpacks and stuffed their pockets with as much of the golden trinkets as they could carry. Even the naked explorer Indurain has used leather bands to strap some golden masks to his body, where not even greed could force clothes upon him.
    Faerwain, Lucky and Krursk, unable to stand their refusal to deal with the situation professionally, decide to get rid of them as quickly as possible. They observe the trio, then sneak behind them into the very same passage. As soon as they have left the sight of the rest of the group, Lucky, faerwain and Krursk start their preparations. They each take some of the most valuable jewels from the cavern and put them into a golden gemmed chalice. They each put the filled chalice on the ground, then tie a nylon string to it, threading it through two eyelets and tying them to something in the ceiling. They each step back to admire their work, nod to each other and retreat to hiding.
    They don’t have to wait for long until they hear the first steps from down the corridor. Indurain, Khantalas and weebl have not gotten fat before they had run into a dead end. Their spirits are down as they return to the main cavern in the prospect of yet another attempt that would be all too likely to fail as well. But then they spot something glittering in front of them. They rush towards it and see three chalices with beautiful gems inside. They wonder why they hadn’t seen them earlier and whether they could be trapped but their greed dictates action diametrical to these questions. Swiftly, they each pick up one of the chalices, then raise them up to toast each other. But just as they are doing so, they hear the faint sound of thread snapping. Khantalas doesn’t even hear it and is thus taken completely by surprise as a machete swings down from the ceiling and into his back. Weebl had become startled by the sound and tried to move away from the sound but this only causes the machete in his trap to become driven into his throat instead. Indurain sees this happen in terror and closes his eyes, awaiting Death. But to his surprise, he is not stabbed, instead he merely feels something slap against his face. He dares to open his eyes again and sees red letters on a sign that has been propelled from the ceiling towards him: “Be glad that I have left my knife in the camp. Krursk”
    Meanwhile, the main cavern is filled with activity as the Gnome Barbarian has called the other explorers together for a plan. He had taken his time to gather the reports of the various groups about the structure of the corridors and put together an improvised map of the maze inside Ilanganatis. If the reports of the others were correct, then there would be no escape at all. However, there were other ways to leave this place. Gnome Barbarian had raided the special box earlier, knowing that it would possibly come in handy later in the cave. “Well it appears that I was horribly right” the Barbarian thinks as he gathers a small group around him.
    “Listen, all of you. I have drawn this map based on your information. If your reports are true, then there is no possible way for any of the other passages to lead to safety. Now we have two choices. We could either wait until we die from asphyxiation, dehydration or some of the weird traps around here. Or we could take matters in our own hands and make our own passageway.”
    “And how? Did you by chance smuggle a drill down here?”
    “No. But I brought these.” Gnome Barbarian lifts one of the sticks of dynamite. “I have brought five stick with me and we have a lot of explosive power with them. However, we can’t simply blast our way out, as we will probably produce a cave-in, if we apply them carelessly. Our best chance is…” Gnome Barbarian produces a burnt-down torch and marks places on the map with its ashes. “…to apply the five stick at these five points, in this exact order. If we do so, a passage will form here, allowing an escape”
    “Yeah, that’s cool. Give me the five sticks and I’ll get it done.”
    “Well Mr. Bookman. I’m afraid, it’s not that easy. All of these points are deep within one of the passageways. With the explosion, the entire corridors will most likely collapse. I have enough fuse for you to get clear of the blast, but not enough for us to make it out of the corridors in time. I am asking for a suicide mission, Gentlemen.”
    The reactions to Gnome Barbarians idea are mixed. While there are apparently some volunteers, others have discarded his plan as mad and impossible. Angela, Fullbladder and the purple cube take a look at the map and the planned detonation points, then choose a path far away from them to examine. The three hurry to get ahead, eager to prove the lunatic Barbarian wrong before his explosions destroy an eventual exit. In their rush, they don’t notice that Fredricus is following them closely, trailing behind and observing their steps. The trio makes good progress since their passage is not trapped but they are soon stopped by a large body of water that abruptly ends the way. In front of the explorers, an underground lake opens up. They see the water moving and hear something in the distance, but with their small torches they are not able to make out the boundaries, so Lord Fullbladder decides to fetch wood from the main cavern to build an improvised raft while Angela studies their location in one of the Professor’s maps. Behind them, Fredricus crouches deeper in the shadows, barely able to conceal himself as Fullbladder runs back and forth to transport the wood. In the meantime, Angela had studied the maps and came to a negative conclusion. The moving and the rushing of the water must be caused by the waterfall at the edge of the mountain. Angela looks at the map again and again but there was no other possibility and with the speed of the water, there was no way to pass the lake safely. As she sees Fullbladder returning, she decides that she can’t send her fellow explorers to their deaths, but for herself she decides that she wants at least to see the outside of the mountain once – even while being flushed down the fall. As Fullbladder arrives with a large board to be used as raft, Angela tries to tell everything to them.
    “Listen guys. I’ve studied the maps and I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to cross the lake. I will go down there because I…”
    “Oh, don’t make plans about that. Cubey and I already made a better one.” Fullbladder replies and knocks Angela out with a golden candleholder. He then turns to the purple cube and smiles.
    “Throw her into the water?”

“Nah, to easy. Take away her equipment and leave her out there.” The cube gestures to one of the big rocks, protruding from the lake.
    Fullbladder nods and soon the three of them get on the board and onto the lake. The purple cube and Fullbladder paddle the raft through the water towards one of the rocks and lie down the unconscious Angela there before they continue on the water. But shortly after they have done so, they notice that the current becomes increasingly stronger and that they aren’t able to fight it with their own strength. Even worse, they start hearing the loud rushing in the distance, which could only be attributed to the waterfall in the mountain. Vainly, they try to get away from it as they drift nearer and nearer towards their death. Panic-driven, Fullbladder jumps into the water to try and reach one of the rocks, but he doesn’t find one in the darkness timely.
    The purple cube hears Fullbladder’s screams disappear behind him but he starts to gain new hope as he sees Fredricus standing at the water side. He screams for help and sees that Fredricus indeed acts. Just as he feels unable to continue fighting the current, the cube sees a lasso thrown towards him, wrapping around his body. The cube abandons the raft and gets into the water, allowing itself to be slowly drawn to the waterside by Fredricus. As the current becomes a bit weaker sees his savior standing at the waterside. He looks up to make eye contact with him but as he sees into Fredricus face, the cube notices a wicked grin upon his face. Horrified, he hears Fredricus speak “Just wanted to do this myself”. With these words, Fredricus lets go of the rope, sending the cube back into the currents again. Seconds later, another scream disappears in the depths.
    Meanwhile, the packing Llama has formed its own plans how to reduce the competition. Clearly, inside the dark cavern, everything was decided by light. Without light, there was no way to avoid the countless traps or discern different corridors. So even if there was an escape somewhere, it would be meaningless if they lost all their light. But in that case – wasn’t it a shame to waste good torches by keeping many of them lit simultaneously. The Llama had spent the last hours with gathering all light sources from the fallen explorers. “This should sustain me for a while. But why stop here? Without light, the others will be helpless and stumble into a trap sooner or later.” the Llama ponders. A wicked idea brews in its head and it starts hiding in one of the corridors to ambush the next party.
    While the Llama had been plotting on its own, Gnome Barbarian has finally found four volunteers to accompany him on his mission. He gives detailed instructions, where to go and when to use their dynamite, then takes the first explosive demonstratively. “For the good of the others” he says and lets the others repeat it before they split up.
    A few minutes later, Gezina sits down in her assigned corridor, her torch rested against a wall at one side, the dynamite at the other. She closes her eyes to concentrate and listens. As she hears tremors from somewhere behind the walls, she calls out the names of her fellow volunteers. The first explosion: “Gnome Barbarian” The second explosion: “Shadow” The third rumbling “Inky” The fourth explosion “Bookman”
    Gezina breathes deeply. “And now it’s me, I guess” she says and opens her eyes. But to her surprise, she finds herself sitting in darkness still. As she feels for the torch, she notices that she can’t find it. And even worse: The important dynamite is missing as well. Gezina curses and tries to think of what could have happened.
    A few hundred feet away in another corridor, the Llama is galloping away, carrying its loot in the mouth. It didn’t know exactly why the female human chose to sleep there and it didn’t know the cause of the explosions but it certainly wasn’t complaining. It was able to sneak up and steal both of the torches, leaving Gezina back helplessly. “Only a few more feet, then I’ll be far enough away” it thinks while running through an intersection into another corridor. But shortly after it has turned into the other corridor, the Llama sees that one of the torches in its mouth had ignited the other. In the glint of the eye, it sees that the other torch is burning strangely, giving off a surprising amount of sparks. It decides to stop and drop the torches to look at it, but it is too late. The strange sparkly torch doesn’t even hit the ground before it explodes, devastating the Llama and the entire corridor around it.
    The resulting explosion is heard by Angela several dozen feet below. She had awoken somewhere on a rock in the darkness, surrounded by water. Not knowing any directions, she had chosen to remain still until she had an idea of how to get any sense of orientation. The explosions above told her at least that the stupid plan of the Barbarian had gone into effect, to whatever good it did. “Well, the moron probably just blew up the exit anyway” Angela thinks as she hears the fifth explosion. But to her surprise, the rumbling of the fifth explosion doesn’t fade down like the others, but instead keeps constant in volume and nears itself. Then suddenly, Angela finds herself sprayed with water and she hears several splashing sounds around her. She looks around her, able to make out some faint shapes since the might of the explosion had torn some cracks into the rock through which at least some sunlight could enter their prison. She sees that a lot of the rocks from above her had become undone and fallen down into the water around her, forming a narrow path through the waterside at the other side of the lake. Amidst the street of rocks, small shreds of fur and trails of blood can be seen. Further continued splashing leads Angela’s attention to the side of her rock, where she sees Gezina treading water, looking up at her and meeting eye contact.
    “Don’t ask” both of them say simultaneously before they climb onto the rocks, leading back to the cavern.
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2007-02-21 at 09:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

*at the part where Gnome Barbarian mentions a suicide mission*

Dun Dun Dunnn!!!
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

12. - Top - End - #72

Oh dang thats awesome. wait... CRAP I suicided this round @gnomebarbarian suicide mission.

WOO I'm psychic I knew I would die BEFORE he posted it. Oh yeah.

You were supposed to kill me. i thought that was obvious from the fact that I killed someone earlier and therefore was a homicidal maniac and easy kill. GRR.
    Last edited by inky13112; 2007-02-21 at 09:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Well, I fear I may have drowned nude. Crap.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Your Actions

Angela: Self
    Bookman: Self
    faerwain: Khantalas
    Fredricus: Purple Gelatinous Cube
    Gezina: Self
    Gnome Barbarian: Self
    Indurain: Timeout
    inky13112: Self
    Khantalas: Timeout
    Krursk: Air
    Llama: Gezina
    Lord Fullbladder: Angela
    Lucky: weebl
    Purple Gelatinous Cube: Angela
    Shadow: Self
    weebl: Timeout

Still running in the third instance: 7
    Angela
    faerwain
    Fredricus
    Gezina
    Indurain
    Krursk
    Lucky

Not running anymore at all: 25
    Alarra
    Bookman
    Captain van der Decken
    Castaras
    David94
    Deckmaster
    Destro Yersul
    DLD
    El Jaspero
    evnafets
    Gnome Barbarian
    Ink
    inky13112
    Kantur
    Khantalas
    KewlKat
    Llama
    Lord Fullbladder
    Lord Herman
    Lord Magtok
    purple cube
    Selrahc
    Shadow
    weebl
    Zar Peter

And once again: Updated Player Statistics follow tomorrow.

Oh. Almost forgot: Deadline for sending in your next actions is Saturday, 6 PM Eastern.
    Three day interval this time due to my schedules.
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2007-02-21 at 09:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Banned

Martyrs Unite!
    Silkenfist... At least let our sacrifice cause the winners' eventual escape route, huh?

16. - Top - End - #76

OO that would be cool.

17. - Top - End - #77

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

My revenge cannot be so easily sated! I shall bring you down, Angela. I will bring you down.

Maybe not today, maybe not for a thousand todays. But I will. Just you wait and see....
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2007-02-21 at 10:25 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

18. - Top - End - #78

Hahahaha! Awww....I died, but what a way to go.

Silkenfist, if I may make a suggestion to put in breaks where you stop and start up the story sections. It makes it easier to find where I left off.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

19. - Top - End - #79

well at least DLD can't win again this round.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

w00t, reached the third round already
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

21. - Top - End - #81

Oh, man that was awesomly written. Ironically enough, that's just the thing I'd do IRL if I was a traitor to my fellow adventurers. Set a death trap and forget one crucial aspect, then make a joke out of it. Anyone question where we got all the signs and the red paint though?
    New Avatar! Credit and thanks to the amazing Strawberries

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

ACME undgerground facility.

23. - Top - End - #83

Awesome!!! I can't believe I actually survived that!!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

I survived! I was worried when I read that i followed someone on a suicide mission.
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

And here are the updated statistics. There are only minor changes this time, but with Fredricus we have another player who has reached the criterium of 5. Gezina will follow tomorrow if she submits an action.

: The almighty Player Statistics thread. Check out your adversaries

: The Hall of Fame

: The Rules

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom View Post
    well at least DLD can't win again this round.
    That's why I suicided. I wanted the others to have a chance

And I seem to have a 6th sense, so I knew it was unlikely that anyone would target me.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to become part of the statistics after this round
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Krursk View Post
    Anyone question where we got all the signs and the red paint though?
    Maybe driftwood/firewood to make the signs, and blood as red paint...
    Last edited by David94; 2007-02-22 at 10:03 AM.
    WW Game Statistics
    Spoiler
    Show

Town Characters

29. - Top - End - #89

Man i thought for sure after proclaiming the fact that no one has ever shot me that someone would be baited into doing it. There goes that plan.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

And I assumed that someone would shoot me out of spite for what I just caused in WW.
    Wrong as well.