New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscarred Press Introduces: Akashic Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by PsyBomb View Post
    Any chance we can see the Desire ability set in-thread, while you wrestle with formatting?
    Sorry I both
    a) Overlooked this request
    and
    b) haven't had a chance to sit down and get the update posted yet.

One way or another I'll try and make sure you have access to the Desire Passion as soon as I get to a computer that I can access my google docs from.

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Have you come to a conclusion about handcannons and enhancement? (Some of us had expressed concern that there was no way to ever overcome DR with them and suggested that the hit/damage bonus from essence be counted as enhancement.)
    There's some magic items coming out that are going to be specifically for supporting Veils, and I think we're going to tie this in to the same items that are intended to help natural attacks deal with DR as well.
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2014-06-19 at 10:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Sorry I both
    a) Overlooked this request
    and
    b) haven't had a chance to sit down and get the update posted yet.

One way or another I'll try and make sure you have access to the Desire Passion as soon as I get to a computer that I can access my google docs from.

There's some magic items coming out that are going to be specifically for supporting Veils, and I think we're going to tie this in to the same items that are intended to help natural attacks deal with DR as well.
    Thanks for these.

I'm starting to work up guides for the system and classes (currently 4 planned, one for each class and one for Archetypes), which I intend to post as the PDFs are released. I'm assuming Vizier will be first out the gate, but with the way things are iterating it looks like it might be Guru. Which is going to be first? That way, I know which to focus on for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for these.

I'm starting to work up guides for the system and classes (currently 4 planned, one for each class and one for Archetypes), which I intend to post as the PDFs are released. I'm assuming Vizier will be first out the gate, but with the way things are iterating it looks like it might be Guru. Which is going to be first? That way, I know which to focus on for now.
    Vizier will still be the first release, then Guru, then Daevic.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Been quiet around here. Any playtest reports or the re-worked classes? It still reads to me that an evil bleed-focused daevic going for max natural attacks would be the most natural damage dealing build, but I suppose at higher levels bleed immunity is an issue.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm working on putting initial guides together, so that I can show Ssalarn before the PDFs publish for his input. Away from my computer at the moment, so I'm just doing notes and looking up options.

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about the long comm blackout, my puppy literally ate my homework (or at least the power cord to my home computer). I've got PaizoCon going on this weekend, so as much as I'd love to tell you that I'm ready to make up for lost time now that I've got a new computer, the reality is that Monday evening will probably be the earliest I get an update out.
    Expect things to start moving ver quickly after that though as we want to start getting things out for the late July release schedule.

Psybomb - Looking forward to your data. Thanks for all the help you've provided so far.

Stack - Have you seen that the bleed effects have been brought down a little and the single target strikes improved substantially for the Wrath Daevic? Also, I'll be following up with you on a few of the other items you and I have talked about shortly.

Everyone else - Sorry again for the delays! This is one of the harder projects for me to work on because of its size and scope, so if you've been following the other projects I've been working on like the Battlelord for Amora Games and the Feats of Bravery, it's not that this project is getting left at the wayside, it's just that I can work those smaller projects in Word and transfer over, whereas Akashic Mysteries I pretty much have to have Google Docs access for, which limits when and where I can get things done. This certainly isn't going to be left at the wayside, and the delays are almost over. Thanks for sticking with me.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, here are some of the things I'm running into making the Vizier Guide.

1) You mentioned a third Path for them. Any hints as to what it will be?
    2) Speaking of Paths... on Path of the Seer, at what level does Foresee Conflict come online? I do not see one specified, but the wording implies that it isn't online from the beginning

More will be edited it as I find them.

3) Riven Darts: Phrasing makes it unclear if invested Essence increases damage by a die or a die TYPE. if I have 1 essence invested, is each dart dealing 2d4 or 1d6? The former is preferable... but might get out of hand when you can have upwards of 8 Essence invested (bound for 8 touch attacks as a standard action, each dealing 9d4 force damage). Then again, averaging 150-180 damage per standard action is competing with 9ths at that point, so no biggie.
    4) Another from Foresee Conflict: How and how often can the beneficiary choose a different Veil to benefit from? No action or timeframe is specified.
    5) Do the Eyes of the Hawkguard extend the range of non-incremented ranged weapons? For example, the Hand Cannons veil.
    6) Spiked Pauldrons do not have a damage type specified. Assumed Physical Piercing, but should be explicit.
    7) You said here that you could make natural-weapon touch-attack strings with Storm Gauntlets, but would the Wrist bind apply to natural attacks or just manufactured?
    8) Typo in the Belt effect of Horselord's Greaves, says "when bound to Feet"
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2014-07-07 at 10:44 PM.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Don't get me wrong, I think the options for wrath/justice are great. It just seems that for that combo you will ALWAYS be using armbands of the armory of the conqueror first and foremost, then filling in with irked elephant, daevic aspect, and either gorget of the worm or a natural attack bind. Unless you are evil, since bloody shroud would work fine. I'm not saying that justice won't do enough damage, I expect it will do just fine in that regard, it just seems that since the damage bonuses from both bloody conflict and daevic aspect are per hit you reap the greatest benefit by landing as many attacks as possible. I haven't done the math though, so I can not say that the scaling is off, just observing that natural attack builds benefit the most from damage/hit boosts.

Any build that focuses on natural attacks and bonus damage benefits greatly from a aegis/aberrant dip, but that is really more of a problem with that archetype than the other classes that benefit from it. Though with the viscous property you could get in trouble pretty quick too.

Breastplate of bloody conflict - if it wasn't a passion veil, would you ever invest essence into it? DR that only resists bludgeoning? The other benefits don't scale. Its a great veil, risky but potentially extremely deadly on a natural attack build, but I how often do you fight enemies that carry only a warhammer or and earthbreaker?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

The guide is complete through the Head chakra. Just have the rest of them to go, then feat choices and build stubs. It's odd just how highly rated many of the core class abilities are, and that's a VERY good thing. Basically everything you get on the class chassis other than your BAB and HD are 4-5 stars when taken objectively, but the class as a whole lands in the T3 range in testing. Thus far, the only things I've rated in the 1-2 star range are the Horns of the Minotaur (save it for the Daevics, you don't want ot be in Melee), the Hands of the Bard (starts mediocre and drops off FAST unless you have access to more Patterns... and it's mind-affecting), and the Polar Snowshoes (nice idea, but thing is, it harms people on the end of THEIR turn, affects allies/mounts, allows Fort for half, and is the relatively easy-to-resist Cold. The damage isn’t great for the level to begin with, either).

Current build stubs are looking like an Artificer-ish blaster and a Ranged Support focusing on the Hand Cannons and sharing Veils. I'll probably compose a third one when you drop that third Path on us. Digging up more typos and omissions as I go as well, putting them up when they pop up.

9) Waistband of the Wealthy in the Veil description says that it's a Daevic veil... doesn't include Viziers.
    10) Stormlord Gauntlets aren't listed in the summary under Wrists, despite having a bind there.
    Last edited by PsyBomb; 2014-07-08 at 10:08 PM.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

And here we go, the much delayed but finally available... UPDATE!!!

Changelog:

Riven Darts clarified to add 1d4 extra damage per Essence (ambiguity in wording removed). Bind now limited so that a single opponent may no longer be the target of more than two darts simultaneously (16d4 force damage to 4 targets at the highest levels is fine; 64d4 force damage to a single target is something I really had to concede was just too damn much, particularly for an at will ability consuming a relatively small amount of your resources).

Waistband of the Wealthy updated to reflect both Daevic and Vizier as valid users

Storm Gauntlets added to Wrist summary and clarified to work with natural attacks.

Typo corrected in Horselord's Greaves and level access nomenclature added for Belt bind.

General clean up to Path of the Seer, including level specification for Foresee Conflict and a narrowing of the granted veil ability to Feet or Hands veils only.

Path of the Ruler added to the Vizier.

Give this one a final lookover guys, it's headed to Jeremy Friday with an anticipated .pdf release of late this month. I'll have a Daevic update out shortly.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

And here we go, the much delayed but finally available... UPDATE!!!

Changelog:

Riven Darts clarified to add 1d4 extra damage per Essence (ambiguity in wording removed). Bind now limited so that a single opponent may no longer be the target of more than two darts simultaneously (16d4 force damage to 4 targets at the highest levels is fine; 64d4 force damage to a single target is something I really had to concede was just too damn much, particularly for an at will ability consuming a relatively small amount of your resources).

Waistband of the Wealthy updated to reflect both Daevic and Vizier as valid users

Storm Gauntlets added to Wrist summary and clarified to work with natural attacks.

Typo corrected in Horselord's Greaves and level access nomenclature added for Belt bind.

General clean up to Path of the Seer, including level specification for Foresee Conflict and a narrowing of the granted veil ability to Feet or Hands veils only.

Path of the Ruler added to the Vizier.

Give this one a final lookover guys, it's headed to Jeremy Friday with an anticipated .pdf release of late this month. I'll have a Daevic update out shortly.
    Ok, then. Let's get started, and unfortunately this post will express a bit more disappointment than posts prior.

Riven Darts change: Is it possible to add language to the Bind effect allowing you to target one guy with everything on a full-round action? I understand forging a scatter as a Standard, but like I said a couple of posts back 150-180 damage is on the low side when we're talking about level 19.

I was disappointed with the Foresee Conflict clarification. At this point, you might as well delete the Veil-sharing part of it, because stuff you are able to do at level 1 with no effort is not going to be worth even bothering to track at level 17.

Path of the ruler, I was also rather disappointed with. The ability is severely lackluster and underpowered, affecting potentially vulnerable allies as well. Maybe make it a buff/debuff aura for starters, increasing allied saves and sense motive while maintaining the effect on the enemy? Makes it more of a "Ruler" and less of a "Tyrant". Level 17 becomes usable on any Will save instead of just failed ones (to allow it to potentially save an ally), and usable 1/turn as a free action (because Immediate costs you your ability to reallocate for the turn, and this is level 17). Level 5 could change since you no longer need to exclude allies, perhaps to allow you to use Int on social skills or to give a (VERY) minor leadership-esque Cohort (maybe force it into NPC classes?). As it stands, the Path of the Ruler would never be taken over Artificer or Seer.

Working on a final proof for typos and such, but those were the big mechanical issues on first read. Not going to be able to do more than some sims between now and Friday.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, then. Let's get started, and unfortunately this post will express a bit more disappointment than posts prior.

Riven Darts change: Is it possible to add language to the Bind effect allowing you to target one guy with everything on a full-round action? I understand forging a scatter as a Standard, but like I said a couple of posts back 150-180 damage is on the low side when we're talking about level 19.

I was disappointed with the Foresee Conflict clarification. At this point, you might as well delete the Veil-sharing part of it, because stuff you are able to do at level 1 with no effort is not going to be worth even bothering to track at level 17.

Path of the ruler, I was also rather disappointed with. The ability is severely lackluster and underpowered, affecting potentially vulnerable allies as well. Maybe make it a buff/debuff aura for starters, increasing allied saves and sense motive while maintaining the effect on the enemy? Makes it more of a "Ruler" and less of a "Tyrant". Level 17 becomes usable on any Will save instead of just failed ones (to allow it to potentially save an ally), and usable 1/turn as a free action (because Immediate costs you your ability to reallocate for the turn, and this is level 17). Level 5 could change since you no longer need to exclude allies, perhaps to allow you to use Int on social skills or to give a (VERY) minor leadership-esque Cohort (maybe force it into NPC classes?). As it stands, the Path of the Ruler would never be taken over Artificer or Seer.

Working on a final proof for typos and such, but those were the big mechanical issues on first read. Not going to be able to do more than some sims between now and Friday.
    I'll look into possible adjustments for both Seer and Ruler. Ruler actually went through a couple rounds of nerfs following local playtesting due to its synergy with other powerful effects, I'll see if we can't shore it up a bit without recreating the issues seen previously; the biggest one was a Vizier whose primary goodies were Cuirass of Confidence, Vestments of the Maharaja, and Hands of the Bard with his Telepath, Illusionist, and Bard party members who managed to run through level 5, 10, 12, and 15 playtests with only 2 actual encounters they couldn't talk, charm, or coerce there way through. It was actually hilarious to watch, but I got frowny faces from pretty much every conservative player in the room.

Seer might see a little chop up and reorganization so that the veil sharing is separated from the ability to retrain his feats and comes online much earlier.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll look into possible adjustments for both Seer and Ruler. Ruler actually went through a couple rounds of nerfs following local playtesting due to its synergy with other powerful effects, I'll see if we can't shore it up a bit without recreating the issues seen previously; the biggest one was a Vizier whose primary goodies were Cuirass of Confidence, Vestments of the Maharaja, and Hands of the Bard with his Telepath, Illusionist, and Bard party members who managed to run through level 5, 10, 12, and 15 playtests with only 2 actual encounters they couldn't talk, charm, or coerce there way through. It was actually hilarious to watch, but I got frowny faces from pretty much every conservative player in the room.

Seer might see a little chop up and reorganization so that the veil sharing is separated from the ability to retrain his feats and comes online much earlier.
    Thanks for the quick feedback. I see the point on the Will-stacked party, but to be honest that group would have done the same exact thing no matter WHAT the Vizier had been playing. If that's the playstyle the group wants, more power to them as long as they have fun, but that would be like judging a Fighter as being OP while in an anti magic field. Unless all of their victims were missing saves by 1-2 points the Vizier is wholly unneeded to achieve the end result, and the group would likely have been better served by a Ninja or Rogue... or a Seer focused on Social.

Thanks for taking another look at the Seer, by the way.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, during the first go through the penalties were steeper and the forced reroll came online earlier. -5 to Will saves was making a big difference, and is why Ruler got pared down. We'll try to hit that middle ground.

**EDIT**

Also, for Seer, I'm going to look at bringing the veil sharing ability online at about level 5 for feet only, and then open up a different slot he can share at each tier of the ability. Let me know if you see any issues with that.

I'm also going to boost the penalties slightly for Path of the Ruler, and have the aura eventually provide bonuses equal to the granted penalties to affected allies. I'm probably going to keep the nondiscriminating debuff at low levels though.

I'm going to run a quick comparison between the Gunslinger, Rogue, Monk, and Sorcerer and see what I get for average damage under assumed average system mastery and compare that to Riven Darts to see if there isn't a way we can open that back up a little with a full attack option or something similar; I'll let you know what I come up with. Right now I'm thinking if we do a change it'll either be allowing the veilweaver to aim them all at a single target as a full round action with a -2 penalty to his attack rolls, or playing around with Riven Darts working a little more like Hand Cannons with virtual BAB and iteratives.
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2014-07-09 at 09:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Circlet of brass bind lacks a range.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Circlet of brass bind lacks a range.
    Gratzi! I'll get it addressed. Also, thanks for pimping the project in your tag!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it too late to try to adjust some veil effects? I've run across some that are in the 1-2* range (mostly noted above), but only a couple that really need adjusting. Polar Snowshoes is the big one (make the Bind last longer, so that others don't need to hug your damage aura or risk drowning... and either up the damage or give it some accompanying utility), though the Bind effect of Bangles of the Jealous Seductress needs a rewrite badly as well. Others are super-niche but I acknowledge could possibly be useful given the right circumstances. Less urgent than the class-defining Path and editing, but it's worth noting. I should be done going through Veils by tonight, I'm through Rings now.

Speaking of, on the Dark Lord's Ring of Essence-Binding, you may want to note that the Essence bonus also applies to the save DCs of their special attacks, or the Cairn Wight is going to fall off the map about 45 seconds after you get it.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it too late to try to adjust some veil effects? I've run across some that are in the 1-2* range (mostly noted above), but only a couple that really need adjusting. Polar Snowshoes is the big one (make the Bind last longer, so that others don't need to hug your damage aura or risk drowning... and either up the damage or give it some accompanying utility), though the Bind effect of Bangles of the Jealous Seductress needs a rewrite badly as well. Others are super-niche but I acknowledge could possibly be useful given the right circumstances. Less urgent than the class-defining Path and editing, but it's worth noting. I should be done going through Veils by tonight, I'm through Rings now.

Speaking of, on the Dark Lord's Ring of Essence-Binding, you may want to note that the Essence bonus also applies to the save DCs of their special attacks, or the Cairn Wight is going to fall off the map about 45 seconds after you get it.
    I'll make the adjustment to DLRE-B.

So, Polar Snowshoes was one of those veils I originally conceived of as part of a set, where a clever player grabbed Polar Snowshoes for a bit of elemental control and then snagged another veil to grant the party energy resistance for a thematic combo up (in house it was dubbed the linnorm ensemble). I'm kind of on two minds on this. There are a lot of veils that really get better as you start matching them up and creating complimentary sets. Even the relatively weak ones can end up being part of a potent arsenal. I kind of think of building veil sets the same way I think about building a deck to play Magic the Gathering; sometimes those cards (veils) that are rated fairly low end up being that exact piece or that perfect niche to bring an entire game-winning combo together. The power of synergy between veils is something that is actually amplified by the Vizier's Veilshifting ability; sometimes it's worth losing a bind if you can get exactly the right combo of bonuses at exactly the right moment. I'm hesitant to boost the individual power of some veils because I don't want to lose or break that benefit of synergy and solid play. I will take another look at Polar Snowshoes though; if nothing else we can maybe make the damage aura equal to half the area of the freezing aura (or the freezing aura equal to twice the area of the damage aura... you get the idea).

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll make the adjustment to DLRE-B.

So, Polar Snowshoes was one of those veils I originally conceived of as part of a set, where a clever player grabbed Polar Snowshoes for a bit of elemental control and then snagged another veil to grant the party energy resistance for a thematic combo up (in house it was dubbed the linnorm ensemble). I'm kind of on two minds on this. There are a lot of veils that really get better as you start matching them up and creating complimentary sets. Even the relatively weak ones can end up being part of a potent arsenal. I kind of think of building veil sets the same way I think about building a deck to play Magic the Gathering; sometimes those cards (veils) that are rated fairly low end up being that exact piece or that perfect niche to bring an entire game-winning combo together. The power of synergy between veils is something that is actually amplified by the Vizier's Veilshifting ability; sometimes it's worth losing a bind if you can get exactly the right combo of bonuses at exactly the right moment. I'm hesitant to boost the individual power of some veils because I don't want to lose or break that benefit of synergy and solid play. I will take another look at Polar Snowshoes though; if nothing else we can maybe make the damage aura equal to half the area of the freezing aura (or the freezing aura equal to twice the area of the damage aura... you get the idea).
    Thanks. I was actually trying a build based around close-range AOE and control for a bit, and my boot slot was Polar (Light Whip, Bloody Shroud w/ Spiked Pauldrons, etc), but it ended up being too squishy with a REALLY unfortunate action economy for what amounted to a mook-clearing machine.

You are right about veil sets, although it shows up a lot more and is easier to see on the Daevic (particularly Wrath). Viziers I'm mostly seeing as the Bards of this book, rather than the Wizards (despite the Int reliance) since they are particularly good at supporting allied abilities. Crafting, sharing feats/veils, debuffing enemies... sounds like the three Paths, doesn't it? Their direct combat ability is almost incidental to their net effect, even if you're Rapid Shotting Hand Cannons paired with wrist-bound Storm Gauntlets (maths out to 10d6+113+10d8fire+10d8cold+10d8elec for 283 DPR average at lvl 19 assuming PBS, Deadly Aim, max Essence, and all hits with no crits).

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

The name of the class "Vizier" and the idea behind was really supposed to blend those ideas of a figure who played a supporting role and who had some elements of that potent mysticism normally reserved for 9 level casters. If his ability to blow stuff is really a secondary feature to his ability to facilitate a party's effectiveness, then it's pretty much a slam dunk and I got exactly what I was going for. Hopefully that's something people are digging :)

A while back I bumped into an "issue" with my group, where my level of system mastery was just beyond what anyone else in the group was even interested in trying to achieve, and playing down was really boring for me. So, I started specializing in support classes like the Bard, Cavalier, Warlord, some Oracle builds, support Paladins and Rangers, etc. And what I ended up discovering is that all of a sudden everyone was having a lot more fun. I was okay being awesome because a big part of my schtick was making everyone awesome, and we started really playing as a group instead of a collection of individuals for the first time in a while. It's why almost every class I build has some access or facility with Teamwork feats, auras, or some other method of party improvement. It's why over on the Paizo forums I'll laugh when someone says "Fighter doesn't need XYZ because this is supposed to be a team game", and then I explain to them what a team game actually looks like.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I play my vizier by blasting everything with handcannons. The other way would work too.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground

If his ability to blow stuff is really a secondary feature to his ability to facilitate a party's effectiveness, then it's pretty much a slam dunk and I got exactly what I was going for.
    It's definitely the slickest class in the book (IMO) but... what if you're looking to blow stuff up? Blowing stuff up is super fun and not something particularly well supported by core pathfinder materials.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    It's definitely the slickest class in the book (IMO) but... what if you're looking to blow stuff up? Blowing stuff up is super fun and not something particularly well supported by core pathfinder materials.

I feel like he still blows stuff up pretty good, though I'm open to input.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Path of the Crafter doing a Hand Cannon specialization is hard to match if your DM allows you to treat the Veil as a weapon (not a stretch). The example I posted above was rough, I can push that damage WAY higher if I really try. At the very least, I was missing the Circlet of Brass and Chakra Targeting.

Focus-firing Riven Darts, Staff Blasting, and a couple of others also work.

Actually, speaking of the feats, I don't see the revisions to Expanded Capacity or Chakra Power which we talked about a couple of times.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Path of the Crafter doing a Hand Cannon specialization is hard to match if your DM allows you to treat the Veil as a weapon (not a stretch). The example I posted above was rough, I can push that damage WAY higher if I really try. At the very least, I was missing the Circlet of Brass and Chakra Targeting.

Focus-firing Riven Darts, Staff Blasting, and a couple of others also work.

Actually, speaking of the feats, I don't see the revisions to Expanded Capacity or Chakra Power which we talked about a couple of times.
    Grrr.... Thanks for the catch, they're at the top of the list for me to correct.

Also, my intent was that Hand Cannon be treated as a ranged weapon, with all that entails. Feel free to let me know if there's something you'd like me to do to make that more clear

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

The feats look like slam dunks for a P6 game for everyone, creating a steady power creep. Something to be aware of, anyways.
    Treewalker: Do you have to invest Essence into each plant you intend to climb? I'd assume not, but the description is vague.
    Guru: I wish there was less leaning on Oriental weapons. For instance, ability to use a bo staff but not a quarterstaff? I rule the two as identical, but not every GM would. Some campaigns do not have those weapons available normally.
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

A bit more editing:

1) Gorget of the Wyrm missing Shoulder entry in Summary.

more to come as I dig them up.

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeZero View Post
    The feats look like slam dunks for a P6 game for everyone, creating a steady power creep. Something to be aware of, anyways.
    Treewalker: Do you have to invest Essence into each plant you intend to climb? I'd assume not, but the description is vague.
    Guru: I wish there was less leaning on Oriental weapons. For instance, ability to use a bo staff but not a quarterstaff? I rule the two as identical, but not every GM would. Some campaigns do not have those weapons available normally.
    I tried to put a mixture of weapons in each Philosophy, with the goal being about a 50/50 split between CRB weapons and APG/UC eastern flavored weapons. I think quarterstaff was trimmed off as a result of just trying to keep every philosophy with the same number of options. I'll review the lists and see if there aren't some positive changes that could be made there.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

If nothing else, check the Eastern weapons to see if they are variants of regular ones. And recognize that the normal weapons are used in Eastern too - for instance, the movie "Crouching Tiger.." was centered around an enchanted Rapier.
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeZero View Post
    If nothing else, check the Eastern weapons to see if they are variants of regular ones. And recognize that the normal weapons are used in Eastern too - for instance, the movie "Crouching Tiger.." was centered around an enchanted Rapier.
    Certainly! I'm also trying to leave a certain amount of thematic growth for future Philosophies. The Akasin was intended to use polearms and weapons more evocative of celestial warriors, the Sineater was the close quarters combatant, and the Vayist was intended to focus more on weapons that matched up with the idea that he's one with the wind. Some of the Philosophies that didn't make the cut, like the Hammuran whose more tyrannical and controlling philosophy seemed better kept for a later expansion, had few, if any, eastern weapons at all and instead focused on weapons that evinced cruelty or hard justice like axes, spiked gauntlets, and morningstars.

I'll get a little deeper into the final revisions of the Guru sometime next week and will definitely be looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

I'm going to take the feedback I've been getting from everyone here and in the other forums and get it incorporated into the Vizier tonight, at which point it's off to Jeremy who'll continue the layout I asked him to hold off on so the Vizier could get a little more refinement and feedback. I'm really excited to see the finished the product, and the art we've already received back is something I'm really excited about.

I talked about this on the Paizo forums, but my art orders for the 3 classes included (or will include in some cases) a male half-elf Vizier, a male dwarf Guru (Akasin), and a female gnome Daevic (Wrath). The Vizier sketches received final approval a while back and the finished art has been ready for a while and I'm hoping everyone will like it as much as I do. Depending on how well the Vizier and Guru releases sell may have an impact on the art we can order for the akashic monsters and races, so those are still pretty nebulous. I've actually got a specific artist in mind for the Gamla, but I haven't heard back from her on whether she's available for the project, so I can't say much there other than that I know exactly the person to make an awesome anthropomorphized camel that doesn't look like a cartoon.