New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,509 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscarred Press Introduces: Akashic Mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    You could just grant the Pharaoh the entire Empty Pyramid discipline as known stances/maneuvers.
    After that, maybe reduce the number of maneuvers it gains outside of all the Empty Pyramid stances/maneuvers, so it isn't too overwhelmed with a high number of maneuvers.

It just seems so forced upon the class as is, imo.
    Unless Empty Pyramid gets significantly better, please don't do this. It is by far the weakest discipline I've seen. Flavorful, yes, but incredibly weak.

Also, no class is that tied to a discipline. Hell, Warlord and Warder both have archetypes that trade out their "signature" discipline.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Titan in the Playground

Time for a new thread!

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Bugbear in the Playground

I feel like an Empty Pyramid-less Pharaoh would work fine. I mean, like, it shouldn't be in archetypes, but a Pharaoh who lost the 10 essence from EP who just used their essence pool for their other class features seems okay?

If that other Akashic Discipline becomes a thing, will it grant the same essence, giving Pharaohs only 10 base?
    Incredible avatar made by Ceika.

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

Been quiet around here. I suppose there won't be much to talk about until the pharaoh is updated or the supplementals get posted.

We also need a new thread, 50 page limit and all that.

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Been quiet around here. I suppose there won't be much to talk about until the pharaoh is updated or the supplementals get posted.

We also need a new thread, 50 page limit and all that.
    I've been trying to get the Supplemental wrapped so I can direct link to it in the new thread, but I'm also finalizing wedding playlists, recovering from a bachelor party kidnapping, packing for a two week long trip, taking pets in for check-ups and making arrangements in case they need medical attention while we're gone, getting all my Third-party Thursdays responsibilities wrapped, completing outstanding contract commitments... And the list keeps going.

I've been intentionally kind of staying quiet until I have the updates to post so this thread doesn't lock in the meantime.

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure which thread it should be posted in at this point, but could Empty Pyramid receive a provision that weapons created or enhanced by veils always count as discipline weapons?

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow! Sounds like you've been real busy! Thanks for giving us the status report. Enjoy your wedding!

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGirl

So, since posting on the DSP forums doesn't get me replies, i'm posting here.

(man this old account has gotten dusty from lack of use)

1) Is is just me or is the wording of the Shared Veil feat terrible?

First of all there's not much mechanical reason to deny horses the ability to benefit from riven darts It's hardly OP, and anyway, incarnum had Worg pelt bindable to hands, even though Wargs do not have hands, so really... The fluff angle doesn't seem like a good argument either.

Secondly, that whole "you must have this body part" thing basically reads as "screw you psicrystals, you don't get to have nice things." Which is kinda the opposite of what i expect from DSP.

Thirdly, "at your option" is very ambiguous. Do i pick which veil to share at the start of the day? At the start of each round? Whenever I feel like it?

2) The Swarm Master archetype is pretty rad, but it has some issues.

First, it says, under the heading for shaping veils "this replaces the Dread's ability to manifest powers"

The dread doesn;t have an ability called "manifest powers," so i'm left wondering if the intent is to remove powers known, power point pool, and manifester level, or just powers known.

The later case would actually be pretty cool, since you could still spend PP to augment terror and stuff.

But it's again, ambiguous wording.

Secondly, the new text for the improved Pestilence Cloak has an ability that keys at 7 essense invested, but as currently written, the Swarm Master doesn't actually reach 7 essence capacity, even with the Expanded capacity feat. You may want to think about changing that.

3. Akashic items when?

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CactusAir View Post
    So, since posting on the DSP forums doesn't get me replies, i'm posting here.

(man this old account has gotten dusty from lack of use)

1) Is is just me or is the wording of the Shared Veil feat terrible?

First of all there's not much mechanical reason to deny horses the ability to benefit from riven darts It's hardly OP, and anyway, incarnum had Worg pelt bindable to hands, even though Wargs do not have hands, so really... The fluff angle doesn't seem like a good argument either.

Secondly, that whole "you must have this body part" thing basically reads as "screw you psicrystals, you don't get to have nice things." Which is kinda the opposite of what i expect from DSP.

Thirdly, "at your option" is very ambiguous. Do i pick which veil to share at the start of the day? At the start of each round? Whenever I feel like it?
    Veils are aligned with item slots, and Paizo has defined what slots most animal companions have available. The verbage included is to maintain consistency with the existing rules, as well as internal thematic consistency. Defining what slots a psicrystal has is certainly something that can be looked into. You choose which veil you're sharing at the time you shape it; for most people this will be at the start of the day, but there can be some variance based on class and class features.

2) The Swarm Master archetype is pretty rad, but it has some issues.

First, it says, under the heading for shaping veils "this replaces the Dread's ability to manifest powers"

The dread doesn;t have an ability called "manifest powers," so i'm left wondering if the intent is to remove powers known, power point pool, and manifester level, or just powers known.

The later case would actually be pretty cool, since you could still spend PP to augment terror and stuff.

But it's again, ambiguous wording.
    The dread retains a power point pool that it can use for augmenting terrors and other abilities, but does not gain the ability to actually manifest powers, so no powers known, no manifester level, and no power list for dorjes and similar items.

Secondly, the new text for the improved Pestilence Cloak has an ability that keys at 7 essense invested, but as currently written, the Swarm Master doesn't actually reach 7 essence capacity, even with the Expanded capacity feat. You may want to think about changing that.
    The Swarm Master includes the line "At 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter, the swarm master increases the total capacity of his Pestilence Cloak veil by 1." That means his pestilence cloak caps at 8 essence before feats and/or items, and can naturally reach 7 essence invested by 18th level.

3. Akashic items when?
    There is a small selection of akashic items already included in the Supplemental release. Because of the already extreme size of this release, this section will remain small, though additional items will continue to be included in other releases, such as our Steelforge release which is exclusively focused on items, possibly the Arcforge: Technology Expanded release, and other future products in the Akashic Mysteries line.

Also, this thread has its 50 page limit, so please direct further inquiries to the new thread here, which should include all the most recent updates.