New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 58

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 58

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkweed Imp View Post
    [Assassins]

The unnamed half-orc assassin is looking for a certain nereid with his short, winged companion.

So, uh, any idea where exactly she would be?
    Erin thinks for a bit, his orange eyes scanning the street as the two walk down it.
    Hmm... probably a location near or in water. What do you know about locations like that in this city? I've never been here before.
    she replies after thinking a bit, brushing to the side a strand of her dark red hair shrouding his eyesight..
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

[Assassins]

I know of a fountain in a mall and a pool. Which do you want to look in first?
    I used to be Dark Elf Bard

3. - Top - End - #63

[Assassins]

I know of a fountain in a mall and a pool. Which do you want to look in first?
    Erin thinks for a minute.
    The mall seems like the most likely place.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

All right, let's look there. And, they go to the mall!

((Are you playing the nereid?))

5. - Top - End - #65

All right, let's look there. And, they go to the mall!

((Are you playing the nereid?))
    Erin follows, and they go to the mall as you said!
    ((yep!))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Mall

The unnamed half-orc walks into the mall. Do you want to scout ahead first, or go straight to the fountain? I remember you said you were good at surveillance.

7. - Top - End - #67

Mall

The unnamed half-orc walks into the mall. Do you want to scout ahead first, or go straight to the fountain? I remember you said you were good at surveillance.
    ((think Mallside would be better for this?))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

((Well, we're already here...

If you really want to, you can post there and I'll follow up.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    So basically they have no self-preservation insticts?
    Agatha inquires, getting up and offering a hand to becca.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Pokémon Park]

From the side comes a voice of a young boy.

"Hey, are you all right?" Vis asks as he reach for the other trainers.
    [Pokémon Park]

"No, I'm pretty sure that's, like, the only way they can defend themselves. Or something." Becca picks herself off the ground and brushes herself off. "They always seem to disappear aft-" The girl is interrupted by another person showing up. She's not going to get anything done like this. "We're fine. It was just a Pineco." She replies flippantly.

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Pokémon Park]

"No, I'm pretty sure that's, like, the only way they can defend themselves. Or something." Becca picks herself off the ground and brushes herself off. "They always seem to disappear aft-" The girl is interrupted by another person showing up. She's not going to get anything done like this. "We're fine. It was just a Pineco." She replies flippantly.
    Agatha raises an eyebrow.
    What an odd natural defense mechanism....
    She muses, before jumping figuratively at the new person appearing, startled.
    She nods in affirmation to confirm Becca's reply.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

She comes to a halt. "I've what?" She shakes her head. "That shouldn't be possible. My entire race has no esper capability." After a moment, she pulls a device off of her belt and flips it open. It's a tricorder, but Spako likely doesn't recognize it. Rhealm immediately starts scanning herself, hoping to find something. It's not really made to detect magic, but it can pick up enough energy that it should find SOMETHNIG.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's wishing she had the scientific model. She usually uses the engineering model, because of a wide array of other uses, but in this situation the scientific model would be better.

12. - Top - End - #72

[Pokémon Park]

[Pokémon Park]

"Oh you should be carefull. Normaly Pineco hang around in groups." Vis says as he comes closer to the two girls.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Spako feels very embarrassed. He should have said something sooner. He mutters a few words under his breath.
    "Well, um, if it helps, I do detect magic on you. If you don't normally do then that might be the reason."
    Hopefully she's not the kind who doesn't believe in magic, or this conversation is going to get awkward.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

"Please do. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm picking up an unusual energy signature," She hates those words, "On myself... and you. However, what do you mean by 'magic'?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Spako shrugs. "You know. Magic. Energies of the arcane." He waves his fingers around and sparks dance between them. He continues and manages to prestidigitation a tiny cup into existence in his left hand, which he then crushes, leaving only a sparkle as it ceases to exist.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-06-03 at 09:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

Vihan looks confused. "I think my translator might be translating poorly. It is similar to psionics?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-06-03 at 09:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Spako's ears twitch. He had a psion friend once. He'd kill him for the statement he's about to make. "Sort of." Nope, he'd not have been happy about that one bit. "Psionics are using the power of the mind to alter the reality around the psion or otherwise produce effects their natural body could not. Arcanism, magic, is about interacting with the energies of magic, be it naturally around the mage or in something specific, to produce effects. It's usually more strict and formulaic than psionics."
    This is likely going to be a problem, since psionics are probably different in each of their home 'verses.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

Rhealm doesn't quite understand, but that can wait. She's currently worried about the effect on her that is giving her thoughts away. "Do your scan, please." She keeps her tricorder open and will observe the "magic" (she's pretty sure that's a mis-translation) as it is used.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-06-03 at 09:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Spako tilts his head a bit in confusion. "I already did. I said I detected magic on you remember? But sure, I can do it again for your scan-thingy." he says, bringing up his magic sight again for her.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Market Street

Vihan frowns at the scan. Not useful, it seems. "Can you perhaps fix this effect? There's something similar on you, but you do not seem to be projecting thoughts..." The idea of her thoughts not being private severely unsettles her.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Market Street

Spako grins with his ears again. "That's because I don't have whatever effect you have. Instead whatever it is makes me hear people laughing whenever I say...pretty much anything. " There's that smiling shrug again. "But sure, I'll give it a shot."
    Spako settles himself back down on the ground and pulls out his spellbook. He then does many wizard-y things, including mumbling, handwaving, reading, and holding up some small shiny thing from his pocket as he aims a brute-force Magic-Dispel spell at Rhealm.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokémon Park]

"Oh you should be carefull. Normaly Pineco hang around in groups." Vis says as he comes closer to the two girls.
    [Pokémon Park]

"I know how to handle myself around Pinecos." Becca replies irritably. "I've seen lots of them. I know what I'm doing."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-06-05 at 04:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

"I know how to handle myself around Pinecos." Becca replies irritably. "I've seen lots of them. I know what I'm doing."
    Agatha stays silent, watching from the sidelines.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor - Temple Gate]

Here was the lesser used gate into the community of Drow who have come up from the Underdark and other places connected to the Nexus. It was an ornate thing, etched with dozens of spiders, sizing from tiny things you might find in your kitchen to monstrous arachnids large enough to ride. The guards here were more vigilant, too, than their counterparts at the other gates. Standing taller, prouder, and more grimfaced. Unusually, too, both guards were female. Males were often given the undesireable post of standing guard at the gate, however here, in the shadow of the towering Temple of Lolth, it was a position of prestige, one to be earned and not to be taken lightly.

It was here that the directions, given to a newly arriving member of House Xar'Cha, led her.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Delmah Phor - Temple Gate]

Here was the lesser used gate into the community of Drow who have come up from the Underdark and other places connected to the Nexus. It was an ornate thing, etched with dozens of spiders, sizing from tiny things you might find in your kitchen to monstrous arachnids large enough to ride. The guards here were more vigilant, too, than their counterparts at the other gates. Standing taller, prouder, and more grimfaced. Unusually, too, both guards were female. Males were often given the undesireable post of standing guard at the gate, however here, in the shadow of the towering Temple of Lolth, it was a position of prestige, one to be earned and not to be taken lightly.

It was here that the directions, given to a newly arriving member of House Xar'Cha, led her.
    A drow, her slender, curvaceous, athletic, youthful body clad in a fine sleeveless robe, maroon and of spidersilk, steel boots reaching 2/3rds of the way up her lower leg and painted dark grew, inlaid with spiderweb patterns upon them and the symbol of lolth upon the top and matching gauntlets of the same design, a necklace bearing Lloth's holy symbol and another necklace with the symbol of house Xar'Cha, approaches the gate. Her inky black skin complements well her vivid red eyes and long white hair, braided and reaching to her waist, and she seems slightly nervous (she's super nervous and worried, but doing a skillful job of concealment) as she comes closer.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Sophia shakes her head, chuckling.
    No, i'm just not acquainted with common innuendos here. Just wanted to be careful.
    She replies.
    "Ah. Well, they're the same as everywhere else." Shrike smirks, tosses her hair, and poses provocatively.

===

[Delmah Phor]

Meanwhile, another drowess, this one wearing a brooch that carried the insignia of Shar, made her way through the marketplace.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Somewhere]

"Ah. Well, they're the same as everywhere else." Shrike smirks, tosses her hair, and poses provocatively.

===

[Delmah Phor]

Meanwhile, another drowess, this one wearing a brooch that carried the insignia of Shar, made her way through the marketplace.
    Sophia blushes at the posing woman before her.
    Ah. Good to know.
    Sophia replies awkwardly.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #88

[Pokémon Park]

"Wow, calm down." Vis says. "I didn't know you know it. It's allways best to say it then assume everyone knows it, right?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere

Sophia blushes at the posing woman before her.
    Ah. Good to know.
    Sophia replies awkwardly.
    "So, where were we going again?" Shrike asks after stabbing her player for forgetting.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokémon Park]

"Wow, calm down." Vis says. "I didn't know you know it. It's allways best to say it then assume everyone knows it, right?"
    [Pokémon Park]

"Don't tell me to calm down." Becca says. She only grows more irritated with him. "What kind of trainer doesn't know to be careful around Pineco? I can handle myself just fine without advice from some random guy."