New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside 58

1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 58

[SHEOL Inc.]

"Do not mind at all." The woman stands up, ready to go once Darrian directs her to the studio. "What will you need demonstrated?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Communication Office]
    "Great, so let's start right away. What do you perceive yourself as? Just a standard question as we don't like making any assumptions on gender, species or race." Yet she totally used the word Miss when she greeted Katrina.
    I'm a Vulpan, from Erda.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Skyway]

The starfish thing (probably?) peers at the document for a few moments before pressing several keys on its computer. Nearby several forms are printed out and collected for the entity.

"Here you are, sir. One WWTW form. Please fill it out and return it to our offices," the creature flashes back. Or just fill it out and hand it back. Whatever works. The form asks for information about the planes of origin, their general spheres of influence, their ontological nature, standard stuff.
    The Contractor took the papers and took a few steps back from the desk. With its free hand, it began an advanced bureaucracy spell, inscribing an arcane rune circle in front of him. It placed the papers within the rune circle and each of them were then spread in front of him. strands of arcane sigils and runes came streaming towards its forehead. after a moment, the stream ended and a some green circles as well as red circles appeared on a few sheets.

The Contractor rubbed its should-be chin.

The Contractor said: "I have detected some stipulations within the form that would prevent me from doing a few tasks that my employers would eventually request me to do. Before I sign these forms, I would like to make an appointment with the director of the legal division of the OMR". The arcane display came back to life, showing a stream of colors and light of multitudes of hues and intensities, in the language of the receptionist
    Avatar by Ceika, she's awesome, she deserves your cookies.
    old avatar
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Apokalypse Street]

Mika seems to head straith for this part of Inside. A part that has been damaged by the apocalypses. The street was repared a few times, but after the fourth they gave up. It wasn't worth to repair things every time for a few weeks, just to get damaged at the next apokalypse. Still Mika seems to find her way through the remains of big buildings, holes in the street and cars that block the way. Let's hope Leah's semi-transparent allows him to pass through things otherwise it will be hard to follow Mika.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [SHEOL Inc.]

"Do not mind at all." The woman stands up, ready to go once Darrian directs her to the studio. "What will you need demonstrated?"
    [SHEOL Inc.]

"Just for you to pose as if we were doing the photoshoot. We won't be taking any actual pictures and there's no set yet, but that's not what we need right now. You don't mind putting on a bathing suit, do you?" Darrian stands and gestures for Skye to follow him as he presumably leads the way out of the room.

6. - Top - End - #186

[Abrajin's Library]

Certain begins floating over the table!

She probably could have just walked around it.

"Can I cast a spell?"

"Yeah, any of the first level ones."

"Can I have a mountain dew?" a voice yells again from somewhere out of sight.

"Yes!"

"I wanna cast a spell! I wanna cast 'Magic Missile!'"

"Am I there seeing this?" the distant voice yells again.

"Seeing what?"

"Seeing these spells getting cast!" the voice yells back.

"There aren't any spells being cast!"

"Yes there are! I'm casting 'Magic Missile'!"

"But why would you cast that? There's nothing to attack?"

"I... I attack the darkness!"

That gets a rousing chorus of laughter. "Fine fine, you attack the darkness."

Certain may be dismayed to find a bolt of arcane energy suddenly streaking toward her.

[The Skyway: OMR Building]

The receptionist continues to rhythmically wave its limbs whilst flashing kaleidoscopes of brilliant colors across its cuticle. And as before the little computer continues to translate for it. "You would like to make an appointment with the legal department?" the creature repeats. "Of course, that's understandable. We all have obligations to fulfill."

That said, it begins poking at various buttons on its console again. "The head of our legal department is currently serving as the mediator in a dispute. However, we have a number of case workers that would be able to help you with your concerns. Is there a particular time that would be most convenient for you?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

[Abrajin's Library]

Certain listens to the spectacle, confused as to what strange ritual is being performed...And then suddenly, Magic Missile. I wonder if it looks like a Pomeranian.

Anyways, Certain is caught off-guard by this display of arcane power, and it slams in to her side. Luckily, she's high-enough level to have more than enough HP to shrug it off, but shouts at the nerd, "Hey! Watch what you're doing! You hit me!"

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Apokalypse Street]

Mika seems to head straith for this part of Inside. A part that has been damaged by the apocalypses. The street was repared a few times, but after the fourth they gave up. It wasn't worth to repair things every time for a few weeks, just to get damaged at the next apokalypse. Still Mika seems to find her way through the remains of big buildings, holes in the street and cars that block the way. Let's hope Leah's semi-transparent allows him to pass through things otherwise it will be hard to follow Mika.
    Mika is so fast! Leah manages to keep up though, drifting through walls that the kitsune has to climb through, popping out of wrecked cars and diving through sinkholes that should be impassable. This place is pretty grim; what does the hypnotized woman want here? It's inspiring how the place was repeatedly rebuilt, and at the same time, such a shame how people give up. Leah doesn't really bother hiding, as Mika has proven pretty oblivious so far; she simply follows to see where they are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [SHEOL Inc.]

"Just for you to pose as if we were doing the photoshoot. We won't be taking any actual pictures and there's no set yet, but that's not what we need right now. You don't mind putting on a bathing suit, do you?" Darrian stands and gestures for Skye to follow him as he presumably leads the way out of the room.
    Skye nods and follows. "Don't mind at all. It is to have clothing close to the skin, and not because of an under-water photoshoot, is it?" Because if she has to actually swim during it there's going to be some problems.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc.]

"That's right. It's what we were going for with the 'Hotter as Hell' theme. I imagine your set would have water if you're selected, but you won't have to go swimming." Darrian explains. He leads the way into a large room that looks like it's already going under some preparation for the actual shooting.

Darrian gestures to a pair of female devils, who hurry over. "Need some help, Darrian?"

"I need you two to help Skye here find something to wear. Doesn't matter what it is, just as long as it fits her. Let her pick something she likes." He turns his attention back to Skye. "Don't worry too much about what you're wearing. It doesn't have any impact on the actual shooting."

((And you can handwave the dressing and select whatever you want, Rec.))
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-06-10 at 11:19 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Skyway: OMR Building]

The receptionist continues to rhythmically wave its limbs whilst flashing kaleidoscopes of brilliant colors across its cuticle. And as before the little computer continues to translate for it. "You would like to make an appointment with the legal department?" the creature repeats. "Of course, that's understandable. We all have obligations to fulfill."

That said, it begins poking at various buttons on its console again. "The head of our legal department is currently serving as the mediator in a dispute. However, we have a number of case workers that would be able to help you with your concerns. Is there a particular time that would be most convenient for you?"
    As the luminous creature finished its sentence, an arcane display appeared in front of the Eldrazi, a message in its eldritch language. The Contractor took a moment to read the content of this message before making it disappear in a shower of arcane dust and light.

The Contractor said, its eldritch voice echoing, then being translated onto the arcane display of light and colors: "I will take an appointment with whomever is left in charge when the director is occupied. I will take it at his or her earliest convenience, time is not a matter for I. The appointment will be under the name of Mr. Henderson"
    The Eldritch humanoid turned around, taking a few steps as reality neatly opened itself in a diamond shape, closing as neatly as it had opened itself only after The Contractor had fully stepped into the empyrean rift

A few hours later, the gate opened itself once more at the exact same place the gate had closed itself, only a mere instant to The Contractor due to its ability to walk time, space and reality. The Contractor walked out and took a few steps towards the front desk.

Its eldritch voice echoing from him before being translated once more into the recepttionist non-verbal language of light, colors and intensity.
    "I am here for my meeting, as planned a few hours earlier. is he or she ready to receive me at the moment?"
    Avatar by Ceika, she's awesome, she deserves your cookies.
    old avatar
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftline Station]

And so the Riftline train with Syela and Jim on board pulls into the station nearest Mallside. The young woman comes off the train first with Jim in tow. She's looking a bit rumpled, admittedly. While she managed to fix her hair and smooth out her dress somewhat, her hair is still quite obviously damp and she certainly couldn't get all the wrinkles out of her dress.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

[Riftline Station]

Once Syela and Jim disembark from the Riftline, they'll likely see Dorota standing in front of the station's exit, her arms folded across her chest. It seems she noticed them as well.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Riftline Station

Jim taps Syela on her shoulder and leads her over. "Try not to be too confrontational, okay? I'd like to not have her start thinking us seeing each other is a bad idea."
    His expression is rather neutral when they get to Dorota. He's not frowning, but there's only a small smile. Given the circumstances it'd be clearly insincere to look any more chipper.
    "Good evening Miss Dorota. It's nice to see you again." he says pleasantly. Jim is actually a good liar. It helps that he doesn't actually feel guilty at all about today, just afraid that it might go downhill. But he doesn't really have a negative opinion of Dorota, so just being polite isn't insincere at all.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc. - The Line]

And two new figures arrive at SHEOL, having heard of the photoshoot and looking to toss their hats in the ring, as it were.

Well, perhaps not hats, but metaphors....

The first is a rather familiar white-haired, young-looking man in a comfortable t-shirt and jeans. BR looks around curiously, the half-ghost sizing up the other people waiting with moderate interest.

The other is an incredibly buxom young woman with mixed brown-and-white hair, her almost ridiculous curves squeezed into a heeled bodysuit that is clearly at least two sizes too small for her. (Somewhere, Libra may be giggling.) Lucy takes a deep breath (which has interesting effects) as she waits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

SHEOL Inc- Calender Drider

"Yes, I am here for the calendar. Where should I go?" The reddish drider looks around, trying to see directions to follow.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

[Twoury Lane]
    A cute vagrant girl with patterned pinkish-purplish-cream skin and content pale-green eyes wanders the street, wearing a tank top, cargos, and a fetching patchwork leather jacket. For a homeless lady she's pretty well-kempt and happy, actually, as if unconcerned as to questions of where she plans to stay the night.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

[Twoury Lane]

A voice emanates, seemingly from the air around Ms. Snailgirl, saying, "Well, hello there...You seem like you could use a place to stay for a while..."

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Twoury Lane]

A voice emanates, seemingly from the air around Ms. Snailgirl, saying, "Well, hello there...You seem like you could use a place to stay for a while..."
    "Well," she muses, "the shell has been feeling cramped lately... wait, where are you? Are you an invisible lady? I have a bad history with invisible people being grabby, and they have a bad history with being sent to the hospital for being grabby." She seems pretty cheery about the whole thing, though, shrugging and tossing her shortish, straw-blonde hair.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    "Well," she muses, "the shell has been feeling cramped lately... wait, where are you? Are you an invisible lady? I have a bad history with invisible people being grabby, and they have a bad history with being sent to the hospital for being grabby." She seems pretty cheery about the whole thing, though, shrugging and tossing her shortish, straw-blonde hair.
    A bit of mist in front of the woman condenses and solidifies into Robin's form as she says, smiling "Any better? Anyways, I can offer you eternity, a home, and immense power...All you have to do is agree to serve me until I choose to give you my blessing."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

A bit of mist in front of the woman condenses and solidifies into Robin's form as she says, smiling "Any better? Anyways, I can offer you eternity, a home, and immense power...All you have to do is agree to serve me until I choose to give you my blessing."
    [Twoury Lane]
    She thinks.
    "... Hmmmm... what kinda serving are we talking here? It would be nice to have somewhere to hang other than my shell... but if this is a weird sex thing I'm out. Or even a regular sex thing."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

[Twoury Lane]
    She thinks.
    "... Hmmmm... what kinda serving are we talking here? It would be nice to have somewhere to hang other than my shell... but if this is a weird sex thing I'm out. Or even a regular sex thing."
    Robin shakes her head and says, still smiling slightly, "It's not a sex thing. You'll see what it's about when you accept."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Robin shakes her head and says, still smiling slightly, "It's not a sex thing. You'll see what it's about when you accept."
    [Twoury Lane]
    She thinks, shrugs, and holds her hand out. "... Ah, hell, I got nothin' better to do!"
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

[Twoury Lane]
    She thinks, shrugs, and holds her hand out. "... Ah, hell, I got nothin' better to do!"
    Robin's grin widens as she takes the woman's hand, tries to pull her to her, whispers, "And now a drop of blood to seal the deal..." and tries to bite into the woman's neck with her fangs.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Robin's grin widens as she takes the woman's hand, tries to pull her to her, whispers, "And now a drop of blood to seal the deal..." and tries to bite into the woman's neck with her fangs.
    [Twoury Lane]
    She meeps, surprised, and frowns. "Hey, don't go getting grabby or...
    Oh...
    This is a vampire thing.
    Well, you could have... said..." Her eyelids start to droop.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Robin takes only a sip before releasing the woman, locking eyes with her, and saying, "You're mine, now," her voice charged with dominating energy, likely causing the woman to agree to serve, erasing any doubts she might have had.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Robin takes only a sip before releasing the woman, locking eyes with her, and saying, "You're mine, now," her voice charged with dominating energy, likely causing the woman to agree to serve, erasing any doubts she might have had.
    [Twoury Lane]
    Her eyes go a flat grey as she stares, nodding. "Pretty much..."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [SHEOL Inc.]

"That's right. It's what we were going for with the 'Hotter as Hell' theme. I imagine your set would have water if you're selected, but you won't have to go swimming." Darrian explains. He leads the way into a large room that looks like it's already going under some preparation for the actual shooting.

Darrian gestures to a pair of female devils, who hurry over. "Need some help, Darrian?"

"I need you two to help Skye here find something to wear. Doesn't matter what it is, just as long as it fits her. Let her pick something she likes." He turns his attention back to Skye. "Don't worry too much about what you're wearing. It doesn't have any impact on the actual shooting."

((And you can handwave the dressing and select whatever you want, Rec.))
    Skye goes through a surprising number of possible outfits for someone who has 20 copies of the same red robes and nothing else in her wardrobe.
    This one is too red. This one isn't nearly red enough. Chest too wide. These strings are too long. Makes her look like an eggplant. Highlights that ugly scar on her left arm. She finds a nearly acceptable outfit, but with it reminding her too much of when she got turned into a flamboyantly colored bird, and on the recommendation of one of the demons, she settles on something more neutral and full of holes. Then it's back to the room to wait on Darrian or the photographer or scene-arranger or whoever it is in charge of this step. Doesn't really matter whichever way.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[SHEOL Inc.]

As Skye returns, Darrian's eyebrows shoot up. Well then, that's quite a bathing suit. He can't say he disapproves of her choice. Not at all. "Ah, perfect. If you don't mind me saying, I think you fit the theme perfectly right now." He gives her an easy smile.

Calendar Queue
    • Skye - Recaiden
    • Katrina - Fenric
    • Nameless drider - Earl of Purple
    • BR - The Bushranger
    • Lucy - The Bushranger

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Riftline Station]

Once Syela and Jim disembark from the Riftline, they'll likely see Dorota standing in front of the station's exit, her arms folded across her chest. It seems she noticed them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Riftline Station

Jim taps Syela on her shoulder and leads her over. "Try not to be too confrontational, okay? I'd like to not have her start thinking us seeing each other is a bad idea."
    His expression is rather neutral when they get to Dorota. He's not frowning, but there's only a small smile. Given the circumstances it'd be clearly insincere to look any more chipper.
    "Good evening Miss Dorota. It's nice to see you again." he says pleasantly. Jim is actually a good liar. It helps that he doesn't actually feel guilty at all about today, just afraid that it might go downhill. But he doesn't really have a negative opinion of Dorota, so just being polite isn't insincere at all.
    [Riftline Station]

Thankfully Syela has had a chance to cool down on the ride over. "Hey Dorota. Sorry about all that..." She smooths out her dress self consciously. Why does she feel like a child under that disapproving stare.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-06-11 at 01:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sheol

Sakura Murasaki, a olive-skinned beauty with a curvaceous figure, enters.
    And socdoes a narwhal in a monocle and tux.
    I'm here for the calendar
    Same here.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

[Twoury Lane]
    Her eyes go a flat grey as she stares, nodding. "Pretty much..."
    Robin smiles widely and says, "Excellent. Now then...We have a lot to do. What's your name?"