New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

Front Entrance

"Its not a contract, its a form. As for joining the meeting, Mr E has to run through the form first. Don't want any trouble to be sent the boss' way without a warning. Good way to get shot, visiting a place like that without calling ahead."

2. - Top - End - #1322

Front Entrance

One of the pit fiends growl at the newcomer. "What about you state who you are and what business you have with this AMEN-leader, mortal? As far as I'm concerned, we owe you no information until you give us some."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-23 at 10:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Front Entrance

One of the pit fiends growl at the newcomer. "What about you state who you are and what business you have with this AMEN-leader, mortal? As far as I'm concerned, we owe you no information until you give us some."
    "I already told you." Says the man angrily. "How am I supposed to do with without seeing my employer. The business is his ears only. Now listen, I'm going to talk to him with your instruction or not. Hand me the form and then I'll go talk to him."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

4. - Top - End - #1324

Front Entrance

"Well here's the form. Good luck."

The henchman hands over a membership form and a pen to fill it out.

5. - Top - End - #1325

Front Entrance

The demon snorts, a the heat of its burning form escaping through its nostrils. "You have told us nothing. Not who you are, not who your employer is, not why you want to see AMEN's leader. Until you've revealed either of those things in this 'form', you're not going to do anything, little mortal." The guard will attempt to look over the form, just what is written there?

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Front Entrance

"Well here's the form. Good luck."

The henchman hands over a membership form and a pen to fill it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Front Entrance

The demon snorts, a the heat of its burning form escaping through its nostrils. "You have told us nothing. Not who you are, not who your employer is, not why you want to see AMEN's leader. Until you've revealed either of those things in this 'form', you're not going to do anything, little mortal." The guard will attempt to look over the form, just what is written there?
    The man would have a malicious grin on his face but his helmet blocks it.

"I'll take the form and turn it into you, maybe you, later. See ya later!" He says as he holds up the form, in a way mocking the demon. "Oh, and believe it or not, you could very well be killed like me. You can claim to be immortal all you want, but I assure you, you will eventually die."

((Do they classify as demons or devils?))
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

7. - Top - End - #1327

Front Entrance

(Its the membership form from the front of the thread.)

"Oh just run along them. Its not like you know where the boss is, so it doesn't matter much. Just bring that form back when your'e done."

The henchman doesn't care too much. No issues for him at the moment.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Front Entrance

((They are not exactly D&D demons, they are my own variant of demons.))

"Death would be a release, but a inferior creature such as yourself could not bring it." The demon replies as the man suddenly decides to run away.
    Once he is gone, it turns to the henchman. "Fool, you should have ordered to capture that mortal. It was clearly trying to deceive us."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-23 at 09:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The man takes in I'm his ship. If you listen closely, muffled radio sounds can be heard.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

10. - Top - End - #1330

Front Entrance

"True, I could have. But, since the forms have a tracking spell on them, we can find out who his friends are without him knowing that we know. As Mr E says 'information is power, and when you have information that others do not, you have power over them.' Plus if he gives the form back filled out we can do some checks on him. Just some ideas E had at the last staff meeting."

The henchman picks his book back up and leans back, watching the ship.

11. - Top - End - #1331

Front Entrance

The demon pauses for a moment. "Or he will tamper with it, since he couldn't even fill it in right in front of us. I suggest you trust me when I say that that mortal is filled but nothing but deceit."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-11-25 at 11:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1332

AMEN's Courtyard

Harley Zorzo lies in the scorched courtyard, facing up at the sky above. This courtyard does, in fact, hold a couple memories: it was where she had fought that zombie pirate. Actually, her arm had fallen around here way back when: what happened to it? Does she even want to know? Ugh: nevermind. There's no point in thinking about it. That was so long ago. She got a new one back anyway.

Lying here is somewhat inspiring. Her right hand holds her notebook between the sky and her, while she writes on the notebook with her pencil.

Valcano mountainside

Maria the Exploding Witch hovers up and down the mountainside, leaning over occasionally and talking to herself. When she reaches down, she picks up a rock and examines it. Some, she sneaks into her grey dress's hidden pocket. Most of them, however, she just tosses over her shoulder.

"No, not this one. Too dense." "Not burnt enough." "Hmm...this one looks useful." "It's shape is off..." are things she mutters to herself.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1333

AMEN

As times goes, it should be visible to all members that the Henchman preapre for a battle. The tanks get cleaned and refilled. The armory also get's stcked up and many henchman run around looking busy. But sometimes they got a break.

AMEN's Courtyard

Some watch Harley.
    "Isn't that our last leader?"
    "I think so, but now she seems to be a normal member."
    "Should we call the boss and tell him?"
    "Better no. If he's mad we got to fight her."
    "Good point."

Valcano mountainside

Also the henchman seem to watch over the witch as one shouts.
    "Excuse me mam. What are you doing there?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #1334

AMEN's Courtyard

Even though Harley has some onlookers, she continues on writing. Or, sometimes, thinking about what she should write. Writing is hard. While thinking, she does simple things like tapping the pencil's eraser on her lip or teeth, looking up at the clouds, stretching, ... and everything else imaginable.

Eventually she rolls her head back and looks towards the henchmen. "You don't have to just stand there!" she calls out. "I don't bite, not anymore."

Valcano Mountainside

The grey-colored witch continues examining and tossing stones, as the henchmen speaks to her. However, she stops talking to herself as the henchman speaks.

She picks up a new stone from the ground, and responds. "These rocks have raw untapped valcanic energy trapped in them," she says. "I think I could make their heart bleed." Confident that the rock in her hand is a good one, she turns towards the orange henchman.

As if to prove her point, she air-sketches out some geometric shapes along the surface of the rock she's holding. The rock starts glowing. It's a deep red, at first. Then it changes to a dark cherry color, before edging towards orange.

Maria tosses the rock towards the henchman, almost like it's a grenade.

The color reaches a pale orange....then sparks and fizzles. The stone stops glowing and returns to its normal igneous appearance, except now there's smoke coming off of the stone. Normal smoke, as if somebody just burnt some grass.

"See?" the madwoman calls out. "That one was faulty, but had left some sort of energy in its seed. I really want to characterize how its explosive power works, and what are its quirks. Then I can accomplish my deed."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2017-02-04 at 12:24 AM. Reason: valcano...I can never spell it that way without smiling. ;p
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1335

AMEN's Courtyard

"That's good to hear."

Mr E turns off his cloaking device, revealing himself to be right behind Harley.

16. - Top - End - #1336

AMEN's Courtyard

Right behind?
    That could be hard, given that Harley's lying on the ground.
    It would be much more reasonable (and surprising) if he appeared standing a short distance from her head. You know, that one direction that's really hard to look while lying down. To look towards her feet, all she'd have to do is do a crunch. But to look towards the dorsal side of her skull, she's got to tilt her head and expose her neck.

Hearing Mr E's voice, she cranes her neck at that awkward angle. Oh, there he is...she should've suspected someone was watching her. More proof that she's out of practice and has let her habits fall aside.

To better look at him, she rolls over and props herself up on her elbows. Dirt and ash cling to her hair and back. "Biting is usually inefficient anyway. It requires getting too close to your opponent. Claws or swords are much more useful," she responds.

Harley smiles, baring her teeth. Pretty normal teeth. "It's good to see you." She gestures with her notebook. "I'm sure you already know this, but I've been running for a Riverside Councilwoman position. I've just been writing some possible plans for that, as well as some things that Stu and I had discussed earlier."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #1337

AMEN's Courtyard

Well that's the area where he is. From this angle, Harley can see past his purple hat and thus the gas mask underneath.

"Usually true, but some teeth are dangerous enough."

Mr E lows himself to the ground thus making it easier for Harley to look at him.

"Yes I know. Its good that your'e thinking about how things might go. How did your speech at VIGIL go? "

18. - Top - End - #1338

[AMEN's courtyard]

Harley opens her mouth. “...“ She closes her mouth and frowns.

“I was told only the mayoral candidates ought to be there,“ she states. “Was I intentionally misinformed?“

Because that would be very unfortunate. She would have to find a way around that disadvantage.

She stands up and brushes ash out of her hair. Is it too late?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #1339

AMEN's Courtyard

As Mr. E pops up, the henchman immediatly turn away and pretend they do hard work like give the floor a sweep, looking out for enemies in the sky, watching important stuff on their tablet and so on. They slowly head off like they have never been there.

Valcano Mountainside

When the witch throws the stone that appears like it is blowing up, the henchman takes cover back in the base. He pops out again as nothing explodes and appears slightly frightened.

"Please don't damage the base, okay mam?"

20. - Top - End - #1340

AMEN's Courtyard

Mr E will left the other henchmen head off, its not like he wasn't recording them after all.

"You might have, but if you work with the press you might be able to get your message out in time before its too late. Would you like me to make the phone call?"

21. - Top - End - #1341

[Valcano Mountainside]

Maria picks up another rock. "Yes, you are right," she responds to the henchman. "If I blow up the wrong thing, it may cause a fright, or even worse, release a blight."

Then, she asks the henchman a question. "Is there somewhere where I should test this ignimbrite? Somewhere that I can freely set alight? I'm sure there's some city or ACRONYM that you don't mind if I ignite. Perhaps some riot I can incite?" She gets stuck on a rhyming spree.

[AMEN's Courtyard]

"Actually, yes," Harley replies. "I would like it if you phone them. That would be a life-saver."

She searches for pockets on her dress. It's a lot harder than you'd think. After finding one, she places her notebook in it so she can use both hands to keep the ash and dirt from clinging to her.

"By the way," she adds. "I'll bet you know quite a lot about the elections at the moment. How do you think my candidacy is going, compared to the others'?" This will be especially helpful, since her player has been absent and missing out on what's going on for the past two months.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2017-02-06 at 04:18 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #1342

[AMEN's Courtyard]

Mr E flips a phone out from his sleeve and starts texting.

"As from how the campaign is going Jezebel and Amyria seem to be leading. Its difficult to say fully because there is little way to see how the votes are going."

23. - Top - End - #1343

[Valcano Mountainside]

"VIGIL MERC and Inside." Teh henchman replies. "Should be enougth to deal with."

24. - Top - End - #1344

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Valcano Mountainside]

"VIGIL MERC and Inside." Teh henchman replies. "Should be enougth to deal with."

[AMEN's Courtyard]

Harley, finally confident the ash is gone, looks forward at Mr E. Slightly upwards if he's taller than her (which isn't that hard to be). "Okay," she says. "Thank-you. I'll take that into account."

By the way..."Is Stu doing well?" Harley certainly hopes so. "Him and I are actually pretty good friends, so I would like it if he won. Is there anything I could do to help him?"

[Valcano Mountainside]

Maria smiles. "MERC be nimble, Inside be quick, I'll go after the
    megalomaniac."
    Okay, to be honest, she's rather odd but it seems like she's agreeing to practice these away from AMEN, based on very flimsy and weird reasons.

She hovers down the volcano's slope and away from AMEN, taking plenty of the rocks with her.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #1345

[AMEN's Courtyard]

Mr E is about her height, at least this time. E's height seems to change a bit, strange as that is.

"Stu is actually doing better than I expected. He might land a council position. As for helping him, I'm not sure. I don't quite know how he doing so well with his speeches."

26. - Top - End - #1346

[Communication]

Sargon stared back at the 'human' he saw through the communication rift that had just opened up before him, Aegris couldn't have picked a worse time to contact him. "I am busy destroying your puppets mate right now. So make this quick." He had always felt they should keep themselves to their armors, never touch mortal bodies. He didn't even understand why Aegris felt compelled to keep a body around for such a long time. It would start to decay in a few decades anyway and he would have to see it slowly age. Perhaps he should just let that mortal kill it to make Aegris take a new body.

"We got a problem in riverside." Aegris replied curtly, Sargon feeling unnerved seeing those human lips moving, producing the words of something utterly inhuman. "That false forest god is involving itself in the city, which made us consider, what if it will involves itself during the invasion? That is something we have not taken into account yet."

Sargon grunted. So powerful, so alien, yet so stupid. "It won't, by the time it will even considering caring about the mortals of the city, Sardakis will have pushed the city to its knees. There won't be anything left to save once all our seaside forces attack the city."

"And if it decides to take the city for its own?"
    Aegris blinked for the first time during the conversation, a bodily reflex that the spirit inhabiting the body hadn't quite managed to master yet.

"Then we will kill this 'god' as well. The only thing we have to fear at this point is the staff so just focus on finding the last two parts and I will take care of the rest." Not completely true, but he wouldn't put seeds of doubt in his forces, not right now. "Was that all?"

The puppet blinked again, was that surprise? The old spirit probably wasn't used to being ordered around. "I suppose. But we are going to have more to talk about once you return, don't let Jaccalish distract you from the true path..." And then the communication rift was gone.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-02-18 at 11:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1347

[AMEN's Garage]

((Cut scene))

Some time befor the Skyside thing happens.

A drill tank drives into the garage of AMEN where Henschman prepare other vehicles. As the drill tank breakes, the henchman around stop working and head for the newcomer. The tank is covered in remains of big plants, entwines stuck in the drill and green goo like stuff covering the front. curses can be heared from inside and a bit later the tank opens up, revealing Zefir also covered in the green goo and entwines In his hands he holds some blueprints.

"Urg." Zefir says as he removes some of the entwines from his clothes.

"Sir? What happened? Are you all right." a henchwoman asks as they step closer to the tank.

"I'm fine."
    Zefir replies. "Just got into some hack and Drill part down there."

"What do you mean?"
    she asks back.

"Some plant of that plant lady we got a while back seem to have taken roots down there."
    he explains. " Not the good kind of plants. I was able to drill my way through them and find what we need in these blueprints."

"What are those blueprints from?" a henchman now asks. The henchman have are close enougth to touch the green goo on the tanks.

"They are for the cloning tanks." Zefir replies. "With them it should be possible to repair them, even if it's not enougth to build new."

The henchman beginn to celebrate as zefir tries to pass through them. "Oh and burn the plants there. Some might be still alive." To late, the henchman he talked with got attacked by a entwine. The henchman start panic a bit, some went of for fire and others try to help the other henchman. Shalf an hour later the henchman should got things undercrtoll, but zefir is long gone getting the blueprints to the cloning tanks which will be reparied in no time.

28. - Top - End - #1348

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    [AMEN's Courtyard]

Mr E is about her height, at least this time. E's height seems to change a bit, strange as that is.

"Stu is actually doing better than I expected. He might land a council position. As for helping him, I'm not sure. I don't quite know how he doing so well with his speeches."
    [AMEN's Courtyard]

Harley nods. "Okay. That's good," she says, in relief.

She looks down. Everything is presentable and her notebook is...still there. "Well," she says. She starts to walk around Mr E, to leave the courtyard. "I suppose I have some things to do in Riverside."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #1349

[AMEN's Courtyard]

"Alright then."

E gently throws a set of keys to Harley.

"Take a car, you need to get there fast for that last minute push."

30. - Top - End - #1350

[leaving AMEN's Courtyard]

Harley catches the keys.
    "Thanks," she says. She'll probably need the extra help getting there quickly. "I guess this is as good a time as any to practice driving." I mean, it's not like she's ever driven before, but...she's seen people drive. And been in a bus.

As long as she parks before she goes inside the city itself, she should be fine. She'll just have to stay away from busy roads. Besides, driving into Riverside would mess with the plotclone of her entering the city on foot. On the other hand, driving to the outside of Riverside would put what she had said into context. So this is convenient.

"I'll make sure to take care of it."
    She exits the courtyard to go find the car that she can drive.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.