New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

[=>HeliPlaneCopter]

Maria, the floating madwoman, follows Marcy into the flying machine. No point in sitting around, right? Since going along with people is the same thing as going with them.

"Sing a song of sixpence, a pocketful of rye," she says to nobody at all - it's not like anybody needs to pay attention to her, anyway. "I just want to hear the sound of someone's cry."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-10-23 at 12:07 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Flight Device for Leaving AMEN

Zane takes the coin between his thumb and pointer finger, allowing his flames to melt the token into a puddle which drips down his and and onto his wrist.

He doesn't even flinch.
    Don't play games with me, Halfling...

It would appear that you are the opposite of your former pet.

Witty, but not smart.
    You can kiss my flaming ass.

Without waiting for a reply, Darkstar heads out to the aircraft and sits down.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273

[Main Room]

Zefir just looks at Adle with a 'as I thought' looks as Marciano mentiones blowing the helicopter up.

"I'm sure that at least the only information you got from me." Zefir says. He is sure none knows about his secret identity, since none really tried to find out so far.

He then get's to the helicopter.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #274

[==> Heliplane]

"Hmph."

Adel brushes past the loathsome little man, and past Zefir's smug little looks. He takes his seat in the heliplane. His heliplane.
    Oh, there will be a reckoning.

[Mr. E's Quarters]

Meanwhile, it's time to throw someone a bone.

The black-suited candyman who's been the Spymaster's constant companion over the last few weeks coughs, to draw attention. "Sir, I'm happy to say you have been released from the current arrangement. We have need of you. You are to arrange for a small shipment of slaves, let us say fifty, to be purchased or waylaid and brought here." He produces a ring of keys and unclips one of the selection, offering it. "Temporary quarters have been arranged, and if you could procure a few days of food then we will handle other accommodations."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #275

[==> Heliplane]

El Cuervo hopsteps its way outside, then opens from under its brown bloodstained shirt a pair of black feathered wings.

"Lead....the way. I will....travel myself."

Don't need a helicopter if you can fly under your own power.

Mr E's Room

Mr E spins around from his computers and monitors. At least certain projects can be managed even from here, or elsewhere.

"Well, normally I would have an agent do that task, but a change of view will do wonders for me."

He snatches the keyring and from the collection of devices behind him a wrist mounted device. Under his purple hat and mask he's grinning.

"So, a little slavery, not the first time for me but maybe I can arrange for the special treatment any ways."

6. - Top - End - #276

[Doorstep]

The butler doesn't have an especially comforting face to wake up to.
    His flesh is gingerbead of course, left pocked and scarred and pitted by the years, his eyes dull licorice coals embedded into a deeply furrowed brow. Utterly bald, with the last flecks of hair clinging behind his shapeless ears. He looks down on her with no pity at all, only a sense of tedious irritation.
    "A very bad place, I'm afraid. This would be the doorstep of the Association, home to the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Now you do seem like a nice girl, so I'll go get my gun, and if you happen to be gone by the time I return..."

[Mr E's Room]

"I'm sure." It's terribly dark in here. The Spymaster could definitely use a few potted plants, and proabb;y a skilled interior decorator as well. "One more thing. There appears to be a bit of a squabble in Riverside, worryingly near our territory. To engage would be unwise, but if we were to warm up the flying saucer and make a few runs?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-10-23 at 10:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Mr E's Room

"Didn't I tell your boss that the UFO only weapon is a tractor beam? Its not that useful in a fight, plus its a lot harder to fix up if it gets damaged. But, those calls to the Evil Commercial Channel weren't just for keeping boredom away. I ordered a little something and had it shipped to our holdings in Riverside."

Mr E stands up, flicks his fingers and the room goes from darkness to something a lot more white in color with many drawers. He reaches into one and gets out a crossbow with a set of bolts on it.

"That's why I'm not worry about that battle. The bubble machine should be enough to keep things under control if we need to bring down the hammer again."

8. - Top - End - #278

[Mr E's Room]

The butler nods, standing aside for Mr. E to leave. "I see. As loathsome as I'm sure we all find it to extend a helping hand, would it not be prudent to lend some assistance to our embattled neighbors?" It's horrible how innocuous he can make such a pointed question sound. As if it was actually a question.

9. - Top - End - #279

Mr E's Room

"DART hasn't done anything to warrant helping out, nor is there any policy on battles outside of AMEN's holdings. Therefore, its not my job to aid them. But, perhaps I can send someone to help themselves to their inventory."

Mr E ready with his tools, goes and opens the door to his office for the first time in weeks. Ah, smell that filtered air, at least its moving more than the air in the room.

(OOC reasoning, I'm not sure on jumping into such a big scene. Those have issues when you have too many players in them. Therefore, without asking I'm not going to have someone there to slow things down more.)

Mr E then looks at the display on his wrist and then presses a few buttons on it.

"Seems like salvaging DART might be useful. I'll send in the Greed squad and see what happens from there."
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-10-23 at 11:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Heliplane:

Marciano waltzes up to the copter, whistling a little tune as he's helped up onto the plane with the assistance of one of his goons. The man will buckle up and grip his hat as the vehicle begins to lift off. Caius and Gemma assume their positions, and soon enough, all those heading off into Skyside with the AMENites will be in the air. There's a few gunmen in the helicopter, operating large cannon-like machines. Marciano is staring at a small remote control with a large button on it. He seems to have a whole lot of those, who knows what they do.

---

And, I'm posting in Skyside, under AMEN: Skyside or Bust.

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Doorstep]

The butler doesn't have an especially comforting face to wake up to.
    His flesh is gingerbead of course, left pocked and scarred and pitted by the years, his eyes dull licorice coals embedded into a deeply furrowed brow. Utterly bald, with the last flecks of hair clinging behind his shapeless ears. He looks down on her with no pity at all, only a sense of tedious irritation.
    "A very bad place, I'm afraid. This would be the doorstep of the Association, home to the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Now you do seem like a nice girl, so I'll go get my gun, and if you happen to be gone by the time I return..."
    The woman calms herself down, and grins somewhat as she hears the butler's words.
    A-actually, I'm far from that. In fact I might be interested in joining. But first, where the hell am I just generally speaking?
    She asks, doing her best to keep herself calm.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #282

[Front Door]

"I see." Oh dear. Somebody with no common sense. "You're in the Nexus. Bit of a place for odds and ends. People wind up here, for no real reason anyone knows. One must make the best of it." He explains, stepping out of the doorway and beckoning her inside.

"If you'll be joining, could I offer you a cigarette or a stiff drink? For the shock."

13. - Top - End - #283

[Front Door]

"I see." Oh dear. Somebody with no common sense. "You're in the Nexus. Bit of a place for odds and ends. People wind up here, for no real reason anyone knows. One must make the best of it." He explains, stepping out of the doorway and beckoning her inside.

"If you'll be joining, could I offer you a cigarette or a stiff drink? For the shock."
    The woman nods at the offer.
    The first one. Name's Aurelia, by the way. Aurelia Lour've.
    The blonde beauty replies as she gets up, clutching her side. She grimaces at the feel of dirt upon her feet, and does her best to keep them from getting dirty as she enters, brushing her dress off.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #284

[Main Room]

The butler offers to take her coat, and leads her to the couch before vanishing down one of the many crooked halls. He returns momentarily with a waiter's tray, bearing a silver cigarette case filigreed about the seam with flowers, a fliptop lighter, the membership forms and a fountain pen to sign them with.
    "Here you are, ma'am."
    He even pulls a table up to the couch to set the tray down on.

"If there's anything else that would help acclimate you? I do hear they have pamphlets."

(Please don't quote posts directly above yours.)

15. - Top - End - #285

Main Room

Aurelia declines the offer to take her jacket, and waits patiently fie the butler to return with the form and cigarettes. It all seems so surreal to Aurelia, really, but she's looking on the bright side. She's quick to adapt, why should the nexus be any different?
    Aurelia thanks the butler, sounding a bit weary as she had throughout, and lights a cigarette after putting it between her lips.
    Form

Name: Aurelia Ellen Louv're
    Race: Human
    Profession: Member of the Central MP (think secret police)
    Reason for joining: To put my skills to use for an organization. One that's focused on personal gain seems the best option to me.
    Skills you can contribute: Skilled with dual pistols and anti-human suppression gear, as well as rifles and hand to hand combat. Most skilled at interrogations.
    References: Kenny Ackerman can vouch for my skill as he's my boss back home, and numerous uarked graves could if their inhabitants knew the name of their killer.
    Past experience: Sorry, Central MP business is the sorta stuff I don't want the people back home to learn of.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #286

[Main Room]

The gingerbread butler takes the form when she's finished, skimming through in short before folding it up neatly and tucking it into his pocket.

And then there's a pause where he ponders whether to say anything, simply hovering at attention as butlers often do.
    "Ma'am, I do believe you may have relatives here. Here being here, and not the Nexus in general, as strange a coincidence as that may sound. Are you familiar at all with a Marciano Louv're?" He finally says, with a nervous little cough to clear his throat. This is probably a little beyond his duties.

17. - Top - End - #287

[Main Room]

The gingerbread butler takes the form when she's finished, skimming through in short before folding it up neatly and tucking it into his pocket.

And then there's a pause where he ponders whether to say anything, simply hovering at attention as butlers often do.
    "Ma'am, I do believe you may have relatives here. Here being here, and not the Nexus in general, as strange a coincidence as that may sound. Are you familiar at all with a Marciano Louv're?" He finally says, with a nervous little cough to clear his throat. This is probably a little beyond his duties.
    Aurelia pauses in surprise over this fact, and after a moment of shock she replies with an astonished tone.
    he's my father. Thank you for telling me.
    Do you know where I could find him?

She replies and requests.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Door]

A tall man walks up dressed in an expensive-looking charcoal grey suit, patent leather Gucci shoes, and a spotless white shirt with sliver cufflinks in the shape of darts. He is flanked by two dreadful looking golems of a design not seen in these parts for many years.

He is in many ways unremarkable: a human, perhaps forty-five years old. Six foot one or so, and a hundred seventy pounds with a frame that speaks of moderate exercise at best. Brown eyes and close-cropped brown hair that is thinning considerably, yet not so far as to be bald.

19. - Top - End - #289

[Main Room]

"Not at the moment, ma'am, but I will inform you should I see him. Now, if you'll excuse me." With a polite little bow, he heads off to answer the door. Busy busy busy.

"Hello sir. What is your business this evening?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Door]

The man nods politely. The winged constructs remain motionless

Hello. I have come here with an interest in perhaps joining this organization.

21. - Top - End - #291

Main Room

El Cuervo perches on the back of the couch, watching a horror movie. Its not like anyone is around to complain about the cuts in the couch that come from its feet.

22. - Top - End - #292

Main Room

That isn't true, I mean the henchman are all around and some of them might complain. They just know that it's not really an option to tell the members. Having died so many times still doesn't make it feel comfortable.

"Your lucky." comes a voice from behind. Zefir is coming from the private rooms and heads for a free armchair.
    "The couch get's destroyed several times a week, at least it was so. We already got a deal to replace it every now and then."

"What do you watch?" He then asks

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Door]

(( Sorry... this is just a little too dead to deal with. ))

Agent One gives up and leaves.

24. - Top - End - #294

True about the henchmen, but most members don't think much about them. El Cuervo turns its head towards Zefir.

"This is first...film. Don't have TVs at...home. This one seems...fun."

And the killer in the movie has just beheaded someone.

"So, who are....you?"

25. - Top - End - #295

Main Room

Zefir just watches the scene disgusted. Be bad doesn't involve this kind of actions after all.

"Many people wouldn't see that as 'fun'. Most won't like this after all." he sais.
    "I'm Zefir and as far as I see it I'm a seniro member of AMEN."

26. - Top - End - #296

El Cuervo is a scarecrowlike being, with metal teeth and bloodstained clothes. He could have come from such a movie.

"Really? Seems like this....place likes movies....where malo guys win?
    And hello.....Zefir. I am.....El Cuervo."

27. - Top - End - #297

[Main Room]

"They just like to be the one who wins, but not all slaugther through people El Quervo." ((Q on prupose due to Zefir spelling it wrong)) Zefir gently corrects.
    "Evil doesn't mean to kill everyone in sight. It's to much trouble making everyone your enemy. AMEN would need a few friends, just to keep the good guys busy while we can rest."

28. - Top - End - #298

Main Room

"Oh that makes...sense. I am used....to an environment....where one could. But a group...can't do that."

El Cuervo goes and hits pause for the movie. Better to focus on who you are talking to right now.

29. - Top - End - #299

[Main Room]

"I thougth so." Zefir replies.

"You might have noticed that AMEN is a bit ... " he makes a brak to think about a fitting phrase, but at the end he says "...dead. People haven't been here and the latest actions got delayed."
    Looking around the lack of activ members is obviouse, even the henchman remain in their parts of the base.
    "We should start get to know each other. Maybe we got something in common or at least a goal to share."

30. - Top - End - #300

Main Room

"Oh. I have....not been here long. Well, so what....goal do you....have? A goal....would be helpful."

El Cuervo turns himself to focus on Zefir.

"As for myself...I came into...existence about two..years ago. I don't know....why, but when most....of my purpose feels...like killing I think....that I was created to....kill someone."