New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    "Stop." The candypire seems to uncoil, looming taller and taller within the unnaturally deep shadows cast by his parasol. His words are as much felt as heard, carrying with them a resounding mental compulsion - and although I'm sure Mr. Eee can resist, there's the question of how fast he can shrug such a thing off.

The grinning skull-headed scepter being pointed his way sets a very short deadline.
    "I'm sure they had their vays, but I am not them. Ve vill being doing things a new vay. And you vill be coming along to my office now, lest I have to deal vith you quite strictly."
    A strong mind could resist, and a strong mind reinforced with magic to defend it is much harder to compel. That doesn't mean he won't listen through. Mr E turns around, holding a spray-can joined with a lighter. Candy melts doesn't it?

"I doubt you can change the members of AMEN that much. However, I'll meet you in your office once I have a chance to prepare my reports."

Your'e choice, candypire, wait to get what you wanted, or force the issue now.

(Also, he doesn't have a name, that's a bit strange)

2. - Top - End - #32

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Entrance]

People can't get inside easy, especially since there are doors to pass which are most times closed or at least someone is there. What is the case right now. A rather normal looking man will stop the woman from just entering the Main Room.

"Welcome to AMEN. Are you going to join or fight?" Zefir says as if he had said this many times befor.
    Join, sir!
    The teen replies, smiling innocently.
    Creeeeeeepy
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-06-08 at 04:27 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #33

[Entrance]
    Creepy? Zefir did met a brain that hide himself in the illusion of a young girl to enter here. Also there is this young girl from earl.
    Zefir appears bugged as he hears that. Another magical creature that seems to join.

"Fill out the form first." he replies offering a form from a table on the side.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #34

[Courtyard]

Unfortunately, if you'll recall, there was also the small matter of an artifact aimed his way.

So by the time Mr. E has turned and said his little quip, it's very doubtful he'll still be holding a light and a spraycan. A bottle of off-brand cola and a roll of minty candies sounds more appropriate, I'd say. In fact, unless he's gained a hirtherto unseen resistance to sry powerful magic, Mr. E may be distressed to find a similar transformation claiming the rest of him - fingers, hands, arms, all of him turning to living, breathing, extremely edible candy. "Now."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #35

[Entrance]
    Creepy? Zefir did met a brain that hide himself in the illusion of a young girl to enter here. Also there is this young girl from earl.
    Zefir appears bugged as he hears that. Another magical creature that seems to join.

"Fill out the form first." he replies offering a form from a table on the side.
    The teen nods, and after a few minutes writing with a pink pen and pink ink, hands Zefir this:
    Hide

Name: Caelia "Macbeth" Luna
    Sex:Female
    Species:Stone Mask Vampire
    Profession:Actor, Mastermind
    Reason for joining AMEN:Allies and Resources (read, pawns. Kidding!)
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN:Water jet vision (laser vision, but pressurized water jets instead of lasers), regeneration, water vaporization freezing technique (I worry about who named it), fusion, zombie creation, Hamon, Stand.
    References (Victims preferred):If I tell, then people will know I killed 'em, so sorry, not disclosing this.
    Past Experience:See above
    Other Information:
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #36

[Entrance]

Zefir takes the paper and reads over it.

"As I thought." He sais while passing through age and race.

"What exactly do you mean with fusion, Hamon and Stand? So you don't got any actuall enemy right now?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2014-06-10 at 03:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37

[Entrance]

Zefir takes the paper and reads over it.

"As I thought." He sais while passing through age and race.

"What exactly do you mean with fusion, Hamon and Stand? So you don't got any actuall enemy right now?"
    I can fuse beings with others, summon a special object with special properties, and have a special tupe it psychic power. And not exactly.
    The vampires replies, pulling out a mirror and fixing her hair, sybtely surveying the other members.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #38

[Courtyard]

Unfortunately, if you'll recall, there was also the small matter of an artifact aimed his way.

So by the time Mr. E has turned and said his little quip, it's very doubtful he'll still be holding a light and a spraycan. A bottle of off-brand cola and a roll of minty candies sounds more appropriate, I'd say. In fact, unless he's gained a hirtherto unseen resistance to sry powerful magic, Mr. E may be distressed to find a similar transformation claiming the rest of him - fingers, hands, arms, all of him turning to living, breathing, extremely edible candy. "Now."
    Well, that's a bit much for a little waiting for some gathering of reports. But there's one issue, mainly that triggered E's safeguard against capture, acid capsules. Meaning that right now Mr E is melting into a puddle of acid.

"Err, looks like later rearrrGH!"

Looks like he'll have to wait until Mr E gets a new body. Honestly, an artifact to deal with a minor issue of backtalk, overkill much?
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-06-10 at 10:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I can fuse beings with others, summon a special object with special properties, and have a special tupe it psychic power. And not exactly.
    The vampires replies, pulling out a mirror and fixing her hair, sybtely surveying the other members.
    "Aha" Zefir nods.
    "We currently had a change in leadership, so it's best you go for his office. He might want to have an interview. And a hint, you should describe things better. Otherwise you migth end up bad." he replies as he heads for the Office of the canpire and mentions the other vampire to follow.

10. - Top - End - #40

[Courtyard]

Melting is... unlikely.

After all, in the same way it transformed both the weapons and their wielder, the curse should change anything within Mr. E as well - presumably including those acid capsules. And while having your insides doused in chocolate milk is hardly healthy, I doubt it's a recipe for an instant Wicked Witch impression.

Or maybe Mr. E has a terrible chocolate allergy?

[Candypire's Office

Barely in office, and already he's having to split timelines to keep up! Oh, it's a challenging but rewarding business, this supervillain game.

The candyvamp has inhabited one of the larger offices, in one of the base's darker corners. By the magic of efficient minions, he's already made good headway on moving in, and by the time Zefir and the new girl arrive the gingerbread men are unrolling a Persian carpet under the vampire's watchful eye. "Yes? Does one of you have something they vould like to talk about?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-06-12 at 05:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

[Courtyard]

Melting is... unlikely.

After all, in the same way it transformed both the weapons and their wielder, the curse should change anything within Mr. E as well - presumably including those acid capsules. And while having your insides doused in chocolate milk is hardly healthy, I doubt it's a recipe for an instant Wicked Witch impression.

[Candypire's Office

Barely in office, and already he's having to split timelines to keep up! Oh, it's a challenging but rewarding business, this supervillain game.

The candyvamp has inhabited one of the larger offices, in one of the base's darker corners. By the magic of efficient minions, he's already made good headway on moving in, and by the time Zefir and the new girl arrive the gingerbread men are unrolling a Persian carpet under the vampire's watchful eye. "Yes? Does one of you have something they vould like to talk about?"
    Macbeth follows zefir, nodding. She is still messing with her hair.
    She looks quite vain, but if CandyVamp is really perceptive, he might figure out it's all an act, especially for her fellow villains not of high status.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #42

[Courtyard]

Melting is... unlikely.

You think there wouldn't be anti-magic on the capsules? After all, magic is used so often to get people.

(Through this comes down to that if I want to keep things civil in character, this Mr E has to die. That's how I see it. Please, just let me have this, after all, the outcome of this is E dying, sure there will be another one, but it is still death.)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Elsewhere in AMEN

Possibly, since the rise of the candypire, there is candy lying around unattended. If this is the case, there are several Moffs eating Too Much Candy, developing bad complexions, creating dental problems for themselves, and putting on a little weight.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #44

[Candypire's Office

[Candypire's Office

Zefir points at the girl behind him.

"That vain thing behind me is a new applicant. Since you 'claimed' leadership it's your job to deal with her." he says, without any kind of respect in his voice.

As Zefir thrwos the form it seems to fly and land on the next table. Then he turns around and heads back to the Main Room. He doesn't want to deal with two vampires here.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Macbeth follows zefir, nodding. She is still messing with her hair.
    She looks quite vain, but if CandyVamp is really perceptive, he might figure out it's all an act, especially for her fellow villains not of high status.
    "Vonderful! Please, ah.." He glances around. There's no furniture in the office yet, but at a snap of his fingers, one of the gingerbread men sighs and gets down on it's hands and knees. "Please, have a seat on the minion. It's vhat they're for."

The Candyvamp himself leans back, reclining in the air as if on an invisible sofa. "Now, may I ask vhy are you interested in joining, miss?"

16. - Top - End - #46

"Vonderful! Please, ah.." He glances around. There's no furniture in the office yet, but at a snap of his fingers, one of the gingerbread men sighs and gets down on it's hands and knees. "Please, have a seat on the minion. It's vhat they're for."

The Candyvamp himself leans back, reclining in the air as if on an invisible sofa. "Now, may I ask vhy are you interested in joining, miss?"
    She sits down on the minion, looking around cautiously to see if there's no windows to the rest of AMEN.
    If so, she'll lower the mirror, dropping the act.

- - - Updated - - -

She sits down on the minion, looking around cautiously to see if there's no windows to the rest of AMEN.
    If so, she'll lower the mirror, dropping the act.
    Macbeth. I have affair for plotting and deceiving, and was hoping to gain allies and pawns, sir.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

[Courtyard]

Eugh. Melty chocolate.

Candyvamp wrinkles his nose, and gives the puddle of henchman a prod with the toe of his pointy satin shoe. Some people. Some people just have to go and make problems. With a long-suffering - and frankly a little overdramatic - sigh, the candypire turns and floats back inside to go pick out an office.

He's got some villainy to plan.

[Office - Planning Villainy]

"Macbeth. Very theatrical, and I've alvays found a little theatrical flair is good for a villain." He says, with a slight nod of approval. Presumably not her real name, but if the girl wants to lie a little on her resume, well, who hasn't? "But you've only really given me half an answer. Allies and pawns, yes, and those can be found here, but vhy?"

18. - Top - End - #48

d20 Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

[Courtyard]

Eugh. Melty chocolate.

Candyvamp wrinkles his nose, and gives the puddle of henchman a prod with the toe of his pointy satin shoe. Some people. Some people just have to go and make problems. With a long-suffering - and frankly a little overdramatic - sigh, the candypire turns and floats back inside to go pick out an office.

He's got some villainy to plan.

[Office - Planning Villainy]

"Macbeth. Very theatrical, and I've alvays found a little theatrical flair is good for a villain." He says, with a slight nod of approval. Presumably not her real name, but if the girl wants to lie a little on her resume, well, who hasn't? "But you've only really given me half an answer. Allies and pawns, yes, and those can be found here, but vhy?"
    It was a nickname from Drama Club, and I thought it couldn't hurt to use an alias in my villainy, especially one I'm used to being addressed with, right?
    Anyways, my long term goal is to achieve a stable footing of high power in the nexus. I wish to become a manipulator of the strings of the Nexus, or at least one of it's cities or provinces or states, and achieve assurance of my hand gripping the marionette's wires for a long, long time. That is what I aspire to achieve.

Macbeth replies, folding her hands as she places her elbows on the desk.
    I offer you the possibility of co-conspirator, of equal partner in crime. Not like the rabble that your organization calls members, who are perfect scapegoats and pawns.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Candy Office

A knock on the candyvampire's door, followed by it being opened by a man wearing a purple hat over his face, carrying a number of folders. He looks a bit confused, the last thing he remembers Harley was in charge, but maybe she dropped out. It was risky having a good person be the leader.

"I take it there was some information you wanted to see?"
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-06-19 at 07:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

[Candyland - Macbeth]

"Oh my." With a kick of his feet the candypire turns himself around in midair, landing face to face with her, hands folded underneath his chin. "You're going to get eaten alive. They'll smell that condescension on you, and they'll tear you to itty bits. Vouldn't vant that. So, maybe try to be a vee little more respectful to your fellow AMENites."

"Or, vait, do you plan on giving them the 'let's be allies, everyvun else is a pawn' speech too?"

[Candyland - Mister E]

"Vell, first you should probably grovel a little. Unless there's a resignation in there?" The furniture's made the move by now, and AMEN's new 'leader' has a proper, tastefully upholstered chair to recline menacingly in, and an oaken monstrosity of a desk to do so behind. The walls have been repainted to a textured ocean green, and white marble bookshelves line the walls with countless dusty volumes. "I do try to be reasonable, but there's still a few things I vill not tolerated." There's not a lot of 'reasonable' in his expression. Mostly anger, and unfortunately, quite a few teeth being shown.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-06-20 at 06:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

[Candyland - Mister E]

"Vell, first you should probably grovel a little. Unless there's a resignation in there?" The furniture's made the move by now, and AMEN's new 'leader' has a proper, tastefully upholstered chair to recline menacingly in, and an oaken monstrosity of a desk to do so behind. The walls have been repainted to a textured ocean green, and white marble bookshelves line the walls with countless dusty volumes. "I do try to be reasonable, but there's still a few things I vill not tolerated." There's not a lot of 'reasonable' in his expression. Mostly anger, and unfortunately, quite a few teeth being shown.
    "Well, there isn't a resignation here, and I'm not sure why I would want one at the moment, sir."

Mr E flicks his hat upwards so that his gas mask is visible. Not bad for an office, through Gordon's had a special one. Hard to beat having the back wall being a flow of lava. But that was the past, this is the now.

"A fair attitude sir, regardless. So, what is it that you wanted to talk about, sir?"

22. - Top - End - #52

[Candyland - Macbeth]

"Oh my." With a kick of his feet the candypire turns himself around in midair, landing face to face with her, hands folded underneath his chin. "You're going to get eaten alive. They'll smell that condescension on you, and they'll tear you to itty bits. Vouldn't vant that. So, maybe try to be a vee little more respectful to your fellow AMENites."

"Or, vait, do you plan on giving them the 'let's be allies, everyvun else is a pawn' speech too?"

[Candyland - Mister E]

Macbeth is unperturbed by this action.
    I'm an actor, I'm good at giving the appearance I respect them, or in this case that I'm a vain, bumbling dolt of no real concern. I was thinking we work together, me as the little voice in the shadows aiding you in your goal in the best way to achieve both of ours. Not one person besides us needs to know about the arrangement.
    Also...

Macbeth leans in to whisper in his ear.
    You should probably get rid of the chair just in case afterwards, don't you think?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #53

[Candyland - Macbeth]

"Don't vorry about that. My help is very reliable." The chair nods vigorously, very eager to avoid becoming a casualty of nefarious deals. "But, besides the point. Already you make promises you cannot be sure you'll keep. Vhat is this goal of mine you promise vill be so sooner reached vhen you're at my side? Hm?" His tone is airily casual, but there's quite definitely a challenge hidden in there. For a master manipulator she does seem a little over-eager to his eyes.

((Also, please quote sparingly. Unless the post you're responding to is on a different page a location bracket will do fine.))

[Candyland - Mister E]

"I vant to talk about your resignation." He shoots back, either too angry or too naturally suspicious to accept Mr. E's genuine confusion. Still, he reaches for the dossier. "And if that's not what you are bringing me, then vhat? A very good explanation? A formal apology, at least?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-06-21 at 01:00 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Candyland-Mr E

Still puzzled, Mr E hands over the dossier. Within it lies a general report on the three cities of the Nexus, time tables of law enforcement movements recorded, tables of wealth coming into AMEN's hands though a number of schemes, and other such villainous information.

"I'm afraid that I don't know what incident that you are referring to that requires such sir. What I am bringing you is the report from my intelligence network, through it appears that I need to do some redirecting to local events, sir. It seems that my memory has suffered some damages, perhaps the Moffs thought it be fun to put me in the pool of brain bleach, sir."

A possible explanation of his memory lose and valuable planning information is what Mr E has brought.

25. - Top - End - #55

[Candyland - Mister E]

"I'm sure." He's quite sure that's improbably convenient, and generally improbable besides. Taking a pair of spectacles from his pocket and flicking them open, the candypire leafs through the report, with all it's squiggly little statistics. Not quite the information he's after, he was thinking a little more broadly.

"You are our information expert, then? I vant a new report. All vorthvhile resources at my disposal, especially air vehicles. And it vould behoove you to be complete about it. You are on notice, and vill not leave your quarters without good reason. My manservant," One of the gingerbread men steps forward and stands sharply to attention, stomping his heels. "vill be keeping an eye on you."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-06-23 at 11:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

[Candyland - Mister E]

"I'm sure." He's quite sure that's improbably convenient, and generally improbable besides. Taking a pair of spectacles from his pocket and flicking them open, the candypire leafs through the report, with all it's squiggly little statistics. "You are our information expert, then? I vill need a new report. All vorthvhile resources at my disposal, especially air vehicles. It vould behoove you to be complete about it."
    Candypire hasn't been at AMEN long, when the place changes all the time, and there's a horror from beyond the stars in the walls. Improbable events are quite normal. Regardless of this, Mr E nods, mentally checking on the list of resources that AMEN has.

"I'll be able to report on the material resources, but I can tell you right now that we don't have many air vehicles. Two helicopters and one UFO is the amount that we have. Aerial focus was not something AMEN has focused on in the past."

As for not leaving his room, that's unfortunate. Well, he can make this work, even if there's a cookie hanging over his shoulder.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2014-06-23 at 11:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

[Candyland - Mister E]

"UFO? I'm afraid I'm not quite there with the technology of the times. It's very difficult to even get electricity, vhere I'm from." Terrible little backwater, but home is home. And home is a quite full of ungrateful little peasants waving pitchforks and torches, at the moment. "Tell me about this craft."

28. - Top - End - #58

[Candyland - Mister E]

"UFO? I'm afraid I'm not quite there with the technology of the times. It's very difficult to even get electricity, vhere I'm from." Terrible little backwater, but home is home. And home is a quite full of ungrateful little peasants waving pitchforks and torches, at the moment. "Tell me about this craft."
    "Its a craft that not only can handle flying in the sky but space itself. Its faster than an helicopter and much more maneuverable. However, while its much more durable than other aircraft as well, it has no weapons, only a tractor beam. That, and only Sweetums, that's the head of the ogres here, and myself know how to fly it, through not very well."

That's the issue when you try to fly something from another planet.

29. - Top - End - #59

Candyland - Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends

Then tell me, what is your goal? My simple point there was that there is a possibility of a symbiotic partnership that benefits us both greatly.
    She replies. Macbeth has a very good poker face, and her expression hasn't really changed at all throughout the conversation.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

[Candyland - Mister E]

"A spaceship." The Candyvamp's smile broadens into something guilelessly genuine as the conversation shifts to language he understands. A spaceship! Nobody, no matter how villainous, can resist regressing into childish glee when first offered the chance to be an astronaut. "Yes, and vith a tractor beam? Perfect. I vill need all aircraft cued up, and I vill also vant the henchmen assembled. Is there some special vay to communicate vith them, or..?"

[Candyland - Macbeth]

"Vell, that is fair." He says, pushing himself back from the desk and back into a more relaxed pose. It seems the intensive part of the interview is decided, one way or the other.

"For the present, my goal is make AMEN a dictatorship vorth holding. I have some activities planned soon, but later I vould appreciate anything that keeps everyone busy, and keeps us in the news. Vhat is actually accomplished, is secondary."