New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

[Front Door]

The angel looks down at the gingerbread man, evidently unfazed by the talking baking. She steps inside. "I am looking for the one known as the Cat Burglar. If he is here, please send for him." She says, perfectly politely. Maybe she's not here to smite anyone? Or maybe it's just a very targeted smiting. Who knows!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Meeting.

Macbeth blushes as she stands up. She masks it quickly though.
    I'm Macbeth, and my goal is to find allies to help me conquer the nexus!
    She replies, grinning
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #93

[Main Room]

"Oh. I'll go fetch him then, won't I?" Yes. Yes he will, and not a moment is spared in getting out of that room.

A few minutes later the requested reprobate slinks in with a nervous smile, trying to look generally innocent. Which he does, as far as there's no horns sprouting out of his head. Somehow, the the thief's gone from a dark-skinned, cattish demon back to looking his usual human self. "Er, hey? I heard you, uh, you want to speak to me about something?" Something not smiting related?
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-07-02 at 06:51 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #94

Meeting Room

Zefir sights. There are really less member , not even a hand full.

"We are the bad, we got more enemy then finger on our hands." He replies lazily to the royalty question.

After that Zefir waits a bit for the others to answer. He can't avoid a smile at the replie of Macbeth. Becoming a member of AMEN is all, but not helpful if you want to conquer the nexus. You just make yourself more enemies just by beeing here.

"I'm Zefir. I was hunt by remnant and this was the only choice left."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Meeting

The cardboard cutout of Moff doesn't introduce itself.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

The angel looks at him with her penetrating stare. She sniffs the air and frowns ever so slightly. "You look different, yet you still have the smell of demon about you."

7. - Top - End - #97

[Main Room]

"I uh, can I get you a drink, or something? Sorry, I just don't really.." Rubbing the back of his neck and turning away from that uncomfortably bright stare, the Burglar heads for the adjoining kitchen. Halfway there, he pauses, turning back to tilt his head and look at the angel. "Uhm, okay, weird question, but are you sometimes a lion?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-07-02 at 09:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting - Enter Nicole]

It is at this moment, and not a moment sooner, that a non-AMENite with a fulgent smile upon her lips and a tempting sway of her fulsome hips decides to step into the meeting room. Blood still streams down her clawed hands - weapons clearly designed to mutilate flesh and crush bone into a fine alabaster powder. Her hunger legendary and her methods nightmarish, she is a psychotic beast of the darkest hell masked under the enchanting face of a dead angel.

Nonchalantly, she discards a blood-encrusted yet ornate dagger into a nearby bin as she seats herself in the chair formerly occupied by the infamous Clarissa.

In fact...

The lass bears a striking resemblance to Clarissa and a certain (more often than not) scantily clad (and indisputably traitorous) ex-AMENite shadowmancer...

With her demonic, crimson eyes, she has witnessed the eradication of entire civilizations with sick delight. With her inviting blood-red lips (curved into a predatory, toothy smile), she has sentenced thousands to burn alive. An outwardly ordinary mouth lined with rows of razor-sharp teeth conceals a sticky, tendril-esque tongue with which she consumes the bodies and souls of her prey with ecstatic glee. An unassuming yet regal fox tail with which she binds her victims while she torments them or devours them beckons one's gaze to rather stunning features of her fine figure. Her raven hair, so soft and silky, might evoke memories of that same aforementioned shadowmancer with which her mother was so very well acquainted. Her fair skin is unblemished and perfect yet so often drenched in blood and licked clean that the scent of blood is ever-present about it. A voluptuous and alluring body (and a rather strong back to support it) this young woman has been happily endowed with, and it has served this sinister soul well in attracting and subduing her prey. To be more direct about it, this lass is both incredibly hot and incredibly terrifying.

Kicking her black, knee-high boots up onto the table around which the chairs must be arranged, Nicole, dressed in a blood splattered (formerly) white lab coat, a low-cut Umbrella branded black tank top, and a tight black mini-skirt inspects the skeleton crew that has assembled here with an exhausted yawn. She then lazily reclines in her chair. She is, apparently, totally unconcerned by the reactions her appearance will probably elicit from the senior AMENites once they realize that she's obviously the child of Clarissa and Becky.

With a sultry, Southern drawl, Nicole addresses all of the AMENites present.

"Sup?"

-------
    [Main Room]

"Hi daddy!"

Alexis excitedly runs up to Zefir and hops up onto the couch beside him. She then offers him a bag of hot food from a marvelous restaurant in Inside.

"I brought you lunch!"

Alexis proudly declares before she waves energetically at Ark! Hello!

"Why do you have a gummy worm slung across your back?"

It's quite silly to carry around a gummy worm like that! She should just nom it, and then, she won't have to carry it around with her anymore!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-02 at 05:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Meeting Room

Macbeth, taking a seat, eyes the newcomer with piercing, observing eyes, retying a black ribbon that keeps her hair in a ponytail as she does so to distract her action.
    Is that blood on your outfit? Wait, did you kill some guards to get in here?
    Macbeth comments, grimacing in disgust. A very, very good observer may detect that she is in fact intrigued by the newly arrived woman.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

The angel laughs thunderously. "I never thought you would recognize me. You deserve more credit than I give you, mister burglar." She flashes her long, pointy teeth in a smile. "I see you escaped the castle intact. I am glad."

11. - Top - End - #101

[Meeting Room]

"Ve vere just introducing ourselves. Please, vhy don't you do so as vell?" Adal smiles to the newcomer, but he's a little distracted by the cardboard Moff leering at him. It's growing quite irksome. He gestures for his gingerbread manservant, and the butler will quietly attempt to shove the cutout into a convenient supplies closet.

"I vill not tire to repeat my little speech. The gist is, I am Aurel Adal Gregori and I'm here because it saddens me to see the evil of the vorld living so humbly."

[Main Room]

The thief grins. "Well, y'know, it's not like.. Well, I'm not really friends with lots of angels." Hopefully, it won't be stretching whatever goodwill they have to say he's friends with at least one. "Yeah, it was, uh, something of an adventure? They're paranoid up there."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-07-02 at 09:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Meeting Room

Caius stomachs Adal's brief speech, clearly not enjoying what was being said judging by the way his thin eyebrows slanted. He listens to the others speak, patiently listening to what they have to say. Caius was a tad disappointed in the goals and drives of those around him.

Once it becomes his turn to talk, he stands up and presses his black leather gloves against the table, hunch in his back and leaning against the wood, his tattered black cloak trailing behind him. He'll slowly take off his thick dark glasses before staring right at Adal's with his piercing silver eyes.

The man begins to speak. Is that what this is to you? A way to get rich off stolen goods? Like.... like common bandits, or street thugs? No. That's not what this ought to stand for. It should never be all about luxury and money, no. I'm here to leave my legacy, to make my mark on history. Not to live the rest of my days like some fat old king! That isn't AMEN. Not to me...
    There is no good and evil. Some just try harder than others to be remembered.

I'm one of the men who tries very hard....

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I am not surprised. Can you say they had no reason to be?" The angel's tone doesn't show and approval or disapproval. She doesn't correct him calling her a friend, either. "Did you manage to find what you were looking for up there? I recall you mentioned paintings in need of liberation."

14. - Top - End - #104

[Meeting Room]

"And ve remember so many paupers, do ve?" Adal raises an eyebrow, and holds Grayle's look without returning any aggression of his own. Without much but an idle indifference, really. "Money is power and power is money. Vhen people look up and see you have all that they vant, vhen they see you as everything they'd vish to be and cannot be. Then, that is power. Then they vill remember you. Ve have more to do than steal, yes, of course yes, but ve vill do so better vith full pockets."

[Main Room]

"That's fair, I guess. Seeing as I did, er, break in." The Burglar slumps into an armchair, and the worst of his nerves seem to leave him in a drawn-out sigh. Leaving, of course, his usual awkward nature. "Uh, there weren't really any paintings I could get to, no. Well, uh, not many. Didn't really have a chance to look at the place first, um, with the whole blood thing."

"Look, can - Could you tell me, y'know, what this is about?" Because none of the guesses he's coming up with sound very plausible, unless there's a whole zoo of angels out there needing rescuing.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-07-03 at 03:42 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Meeting Room

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"Ve vere just introducing ourselves. Please, vhy don't you do so as vell?" Adal smiles to the newcomer, but he's a little distracted by the cardboard Moff leering at him. It's growing quite irksome. He gestures for his gingerbread manservant, and the butler will quietly attempt to shove the cutout into a convenient supplies closet.

"I vill not tire to repeat my little speech. The gist is, I am Aurel Adal Gregori and I'm here because it saddens me to see the evil of the vorld living so humbly."
    The cardboard cutout does not resist. Poor Moff, being put back into the closet.

It seems that Moff is aware his representative has been ejected, because a portal opens up in the Meeting Room and deposits a blob of eldritch... stuff... on the table, in front of the spot the cardboard cutout had occupied. It's about the size of a large loaf of bread. It sits there bubbling and hissing a bit, and generally looking as if touching it would be a Very Bad Idea.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I am here to watch over you and guide you." The angel says matter-of-factly. "I believe there is a good heart in you, despite your morally questionable actions. I feel it is my place nurture that."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"And ve remember so many paupers, do ve?" Adal raises an eyebrow, and holds Grayle's look without returning any aggression of his own. Without much but an idle indifference, really. "Money is power and power is money. Vhen people look up and see you have all that they vant, vhen they see you as everything they'd vish to be and cannot be. Then, that is power. Then they vill remember you. Ve have more to do than steal, yes, of course yes, but ve vill do so better vith full pockets."
    Caius sighs and continues. You're right, we don't. But nor do we remember some common thief robbing a bank or something. We remember those who kill, those who take down buildings, those who hold an entire city hostage. We remember the real top notch villains, not the petty thieves. I for one won't be reduced to nothing but a thief, for I am hardly common by any means... However, you do have a point. With some more funding, we could put together a few more... dignified schemes. We're a small group, but... I think if we work together, we'll able to do great things.

Who do you intend to steal from?

18. - Top - End - #108

[Main Room]

"Oh." The thief says, like that's the worst news he's heard all day. He pinches the bridge of his nose, and finds anywhere to look except at the angel. "Look. Um, you've got the wrong guy. I mean, guess it's kind of appreciated, and flattering, uh, but I'm sorry."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-07-03 at 05:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

The angel shakes her head. "I am not so easily swayed from my path that mere protests will sway me. I came back tot his world for a purpose, and I won't leave so easily." She gives him a sympathetic look. "Do not fear I will try to force you into any path. I am merely here to guide, not to force change upon you."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

An amused Nicole derisively chuckles at Caius's bizarre obsession with gaining infamy.

"You, sir, are suicidal."

She brazenly observes. She doesn't appear to care if Caius is offended by this seemingly apt charge or not.

"In its current state, this organization would probably be completely annihilated were we to be so daft as to wage war on another organization, let alone an entire city. We haven't much that's worth fighting for in the first place - certainly nothing that I'm willing to allocate personal or corporate resources to defending."

"What we need to do first and foremost is establish a strong power base for AMEN. If you *points at Adal* have a plan to supply us with the material resources we require, I'll *points at self* see what I can do to solve our manpower deficiency issue."

"My name is Nicole Smith, by the by. I'm the CEO of the Umbrella Corporation. I've committed mass murder, genocide, several hundred heinous war crimes, and pretty much every other crime on the list including jaywalking and loitering. I enjoy long walks on the beach, eating people, killing people, and just generally tormenting people. I'm a bio organic weapons specialist, a minor deity, and, best of all, single as of two minutes ago when my latest suitor was viciously stabbed thirty-seven times in the chest in a dark alley because he bored the hell out of me."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-04 at 12:09 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Main Room]

"Hi daddy!"

Alexis excitedly runs up to Zefir and hops up onto the couch beside him. She then offers him a bag of hot food from a marvelous restaurant in Inside.

"I brought you lunch!"

Alexis proudly declares before she waves energetically at Ark! Hello!

"Why do you have a gummy worm slung across your back?"

It's quite silly to carry around a gummy worm like that! She should just nom it, and then, she won't have to carry it around with her anymore!
    [Main Room]

"Eh, OK" Zefir replies very much confused. Not only that she is smaller, no she brought lunch? Did someone teach her, while changing her body? was it Clarissa herself? He is just to confused to think straith and out of an instinct he opens the bag to see what is inside.

[Meeting Room]

Zefir here just listens. He smiles as he ehars the discussion between Adal and Caius. He wonders how much respect Adal can assume here. With a view at whatever Moff left in here, he assumes there might be not enougth respect to do at least anything usefull.

Then Nicole arrives. it's a bit intimidating arriving here with bloody hands while the newest leader of AMEN is trying to get himself a name or at least some who follow. Might be very intressting how Candypire manage to get Nicole on his side or get killed by her.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #112

[Main Room]

"No, really." The Burglar looks up at her, and he looks miserable. This is always the worst conversation. "C'mon. What, you're going to hang around, uh, here?" There's less murdering going on at the moment, and more adorable reunions between father and child, but still. "Um, this really, really just isn't a smart idea."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I will be the judge of that. The sins that take place here are a concern, but I have my own mission." The angel is not fazed, even if it offends her. "Do you spend all your time here?" She raises an eyebrow at him.

24. - Top - End - #114

[Main Room]

"No. Well, mostly I guess." There seem to be less and less reasons to get out, lately. Maybe because things have been so quiet. We could talk somewhere else, er, if that's what you were thinking. Um, Trog's is sort of, it'd be an issue, but the Dancing Fox is nice."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Meeting Room]

An amused Nicole derisively chuckles at Caius's bizarre obsession with gaining infamy.

"You, sir, are suicidal."

She brazenly observes. She doesn't appear to care if Caius is offended by this seemingly apt charge or not.

"In its current state, this organization would probably be completely annihilated were we to be so daft as to wage war on another organization, let alone an entire city. We haven't much that's worth fighting for in the first place - certainly nothing that I'm willing to allocate personal or corporate resources to defending."

"What we need to do first and foremost is establish a strong power base for AMEN. If you *points at Adal* have a plan to supply us with the material resources we require, I'll *points at self* see what I can do to solve our manpower deficiency issue."

"My name is Nicole Smith, by the by. I'm the CEO of the Umbrella Corporation. I've committed mass murder, genocide, several hundred heinous war crimes, and pretty much every other crime on the list including jaywalking and loitering. I enjoy long walks on the beach, eating people, killing people, and just generally tormenting people. I'm a bio organic weapons specialist, a minor deity, and, best of all, single as of two minutes ago when my latest suitor was viciously stabbed thirty-seven times in the chest in a dark alley because he bored the hell out of me."

Caius smiles a bit towards her, amused with her reply. He sits back and places his shades back on, covering his face.
    No, no... Not suicidal, seeing as I don't intend on dying. Nor are we that daft as to wage war on another organization so openly! With how little of us there are left, we'd have to be a bit more subtle than before... Nor would we take something for ourselves! Why bother with that? No... Simple destruction for the sake of destruction is the way to go... We need to have more fun with all this. In the past, from what I've learned, AMEN was fairly bent on taking over lands and such. Why do that and risk failure when we can simply destroy the lands? People will remember that person... The destroyer, the ravager... Instead of the conqueror.

You kill... for no reason? Why?
    He seems curious.

26. - Top - End - #116

[Meeting Room]

"Vhat else could I say?" Adal says, gesturing to Nicole and her little speech by way of answer to Caius. Certainly saves him some time to have agreeable subordinates. "Vell... I could say novone vas ever remembered for not taking risks. I suppose I could say this is all a little hasty too. Because I'm not planning to rob a bank, or make like some bandit, and never said I vould." He reaches for a remote, bringing up Channel Two on the television behind him. "Ve set our sights higher. Vhat we are stealing is people. See here."

The live footage is covering the race going on in Skyside. The view flickers from a snow-blurred, barely visible feed of the ships coming in from the peak of Mount Jupiter, over to the crowds waiting back at the finishing line. The cameras quickly focus in on an odd pair of combatants brawling within the mob, but by then the candypire is talking again. "So many people, out in the open, vaiting for the ships to come in. Vhen we hijack those ships, ve crash the party and force as many onboard as ve can before fleeing. I've arranged for some tools of production to be moved to our Riverside base, vhere the scared little peasants vill be herded and set to vork."

"Everything understood?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-07-04 at 05:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"That would be preferable, yes. This place stinks of death and brimstone." Her nose wrinkles again. It is unpleasant. "We can go to this inn you speak of. Perhaps I should take another form, however. This one is a bit large for traversing buildings." And right in front of him she shrinks a bit, still tall but a more natural height. Her wings fold and then form into a cloak of golden feathers. The light around her head dies away. Otherwise she looks the same as before.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

A courteous Nicole quietly listens to the entirety of Adal's nefarious scheme before clearly but not vociferously expressing her humble opinion of it. Refusing to utter a single word, the poker-faced Nicole slowly and dramatically lifts her hand up in front of her face before testily facepalming at Adal's terrible plan.

"First of all..."

"I don't kill people for no reason. I kill people because it feels good to kill people. It doesn't feel as good as curtains, but it does feel very good."

With a wicked, lustful smirk, Nicole continues, her tone not as condemning as it would have been without that brief aside.

"Back to the matter at hand..."

"There are several major and minor problems with your evil plot, Adal. To start, our 'base' in Riverside isn't. There's nothing there besides rubble, scrap metal, and a gigantic subterranean monster that my mother created. HALO razed all of the structures in that area and mined the dang place. On top of that, the combined forces of HALO and WATCH will attack us if we kidnap a ship's worth of people. We could probably hijack the ships without incurring their wrath. If we disguise ourselves, we might be able to pin the rap for the kidnappings on another group, but the ships will have to be docked far outside of AMEN territory."

"That brings us to the major problems with this plan, namely that we haven't enough people to guard both this base and our Riverside territory adequately and I'm guessing that we don't have a buyer lined up for whatever product this factory will manufacture."

"I'm up for hijacking the ships, but unless you can fix all of the problems I outlined above, we should house our slaves in the catwalk pens, setup the factory in the space directly underneath our base, disguise ourselves as a band of brigands, park the ships somewhere else, and prep whatever defenses are at our disposal just in case Mag's mechs and meatbags follow us home."

"So..."

"The plan isn't that bad, I guess?"

Huh. Nicole had believed the plan to be very bad until she explained how to do away with all of its problems that she had identified thus far. >.<

-------
    [Main Room]

Inside of the bag Zefir shall find...

A yummy barbeque bacon burger with all of the trimmings!
    Fresh, crispy potato wedges!
    Three kinds of dipping sauce!
    An ice cold beer!
    A scoop of homemade rocky road ice cream in a well-insulated container!
    A spoon!

Alexis just childishly giggles at her daddy's funny reaction to having lunch delivered to him! She doesn't want to tell him about how she wants to be an adventurer and sign up with MERC until he has finished eating lunch!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-05 at 06:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

[Meeting Room]

"Vell, that's funny." Picking up the remote again, the Candypire cycles through the channels. He finally stops on a feed from one of Mr. E's countless spy cameras, looking in from the wall around AMENside. The ground is scorched, the airstrip and numerous small buildings are nothing but stubs of stone and metal sticking up from the earth, but the eight-winged, arachnid central structure is still very much intact. "Aha! Seems to me ve have a base in Riverside yet. Vun account vhere you are wrong vithout question. For a second, I have already arranged the buyers. Vhat is to be done vith the people vunce ve have them, that can be discussed vhen ve do."

[Main Room]

"Um, yeah, this place really does, doesn't it?" The Cat sniffs the air, and looks bothered. Somehow he'd stopped noticing the smell since becoming a demon. It was all background noise now, dulled and almost pleasantly familiar. "I guess, alright, er, let's go. Not really, um, doing much at the moment anyways."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

The angel nods. "Very well. Please, lead the way." She gestures for the door.