New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

Outside => AMEN Base

"Thank you for your assistance," Magbot 427 nods, before hurrying towards the door. Better get inside now, before that demon reconsiders and comes back for him. So Magtok isn't here after all, but someone around might know where he is? That...that complicates things considerably. How long is this expedition going to take? By the time he gets back to MagMart, the number of aisles in need of cleaning could double, maybe even triple!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

AMEN Base

The henchman hurries after the Magbot, the door opening up while the henchman most involved with AMEN's machines standing there.

"Well, if it isn't a Magbot. I haven't seen one around for ages, looks like you could use some maintenance."

3. - Top - End - #1203

AMEN Base

"MagMart personnel are forbidden from discussing MagCorp proprietary technology with strangers," Magbot 427 cautions, before removing a panel on its arm, to see exactly how long it's been since it last had a tune-up. That's...oh wow, it's been that long? How is 427 even operational? You'd think, with all of that memory degradation, rusting internals, and the massive quantities of dust, it'd have collapsed in a heap months ago!

"Excuse me if I'm being blunt, but do you know where I can find a Magtok?" Any Magtok would do, though 427's supervisor would be preferable. Malice is also an option, but only because 427 doesn't know that guy, and therefore wouldn't know to avoid him like the plague that he is.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

4. - Top - End - #1204

Inside the base

Harley Zorzo looks over the things she's written in her notebook. As she taps the pen against her lower lip, she thinks over the plans she's written. Seems like they would work, right? She tosses the pen and the notebook onto the couch seat, so they sort-of slide behind the cushion.

She reaches out to grab her empty sword's sheath, then hops off the couch's arm and gets up. Feeling slightly bored, she starts to wander around.

This is when she comes across Saa brutally attacking the target dummy! She watches for a couple moments, before speaking up. "You know," she says, "if you keep that up, we might have to take the dummy to the hospital."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Inside the base

Saa's form goes still, wings flared in combat mode, as the sound of splintering wood ceases and the draconic abomination's head turns toward the familiar voice. Her expression is twisted with rage, but only for the briefest moment before she realizes who she's looking at. "Miss Zorzo.", she says in a more professional tone than before, the sort of voice those familiar would expect, as her wings return to their folded state and she adopts a more conversational pose. Bowing her head slightly, more out of habit than anything else, she adds "I was told you no longer resided here. My apologies for the spectacle." Saa looks at the dummy with a frown. That was out of control. She was out of control.

6. - Top - End - #1206

AMEN Base

"I'm afraid I don't know where a Magtok is. The last I heard, he flew away to the moon, and in the shape your'e in, you wouldn't make it. Now, I may not be a part of MagCorp, but I am a certificated mechanic. I could give you a tune-up?"

And with that turn-up, a chance to see about getting access to the Magnetwork and the blueprints for the cloning tanks.

7. - Top - End - #1207

Inside the base

Harley attaches her empty scabbard to her skirt's belt, so that she can fold her arms. "It's fine," she says, "it's just a wooden dummy. We could probably hold off the blood transfusions for a couple more hours." It's not like dead wood can bleed, or anything. They're probably mean to be wrecked.

She bites her lower lip and looks down, trying to convince herself she can't put off an explanation with humor for much longer. Harley inhales. "It's a long-ish story," she finally says. "I did, but then I didn't, but then I did again." As way of explanation, she adds, "Basically, I lost in combat against a candy vampire who wanted to take over, and he had better plans for AMEN at the time anyway and I had some things I needed to work through." Lost confidence, the destruction of her father's sword and then the fact that the scabbard was turned into a piece of licorice, depression and feelings of inadequacy, and so on.

She unfolds her arms to place them on her hips, and looks up. "But now, I'm back. Slightly bored and pent-up, but now we've got some plans underway and they might be exciting."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Inside the base

Saa raises a not-eyebrow at mention of a candy vampire, but ultimately nods in recognition. She can empathize with needing to leave a place to work things out. That's why she left the Ebon Citadel and ended up at AMEN, after all. But she allows the faintest expression, which might be interpreted as a smile. It's really hard to tell with weird draco-mutants. "I cannot judge your personal struggle.", she says, "But it sounds like you've grown while I slept." Saa snorts. "I did not know that I might lapse into hibernation; True Dragons do, of course, but I am no true dragon. A frustrating development."

Harley gets an appraising glance, the soldier's eyes drawn to the other woman's empty scabbard. Hadn't she had a sword there, once? Saa wondered for a moment what had happened to it, but decided against asking. "I confess, it is pleasing to see you here. I was not myself after I awoke, and I recognized little. And of what little I did..." she trails off, motioning in the general direction of the main room. "I am told that there was a change in leadership during my torpor. I missed the 'candy vampire', but Zefir...I know not who sees leadership in that man, but he struck me as whimsical, and more destructive than capable when last we met." She narrows her eyes, not at Harley, but looking off at an angle. "When I swore my oath here, you held command, Miss Zorzo. I do not take my oaths lightly."

She nods again, as if intending to confirm the implication.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2016-08-18 at 11:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209

AMEN Base

The Magbot doesn't even remember who Malice is, it's unlikely to have cloning tank blueprints just sitting around in its fractured memory banks. That said, a look into what's left of the convoluted hivemind all Magbots and Magtoks operate within is probably worth quite a bit. It might even reveal any Magtoks or hidden caches of MagTech still hiding away within the Nexus, if there's any left. "That's...highly unorthodox, sir, but my manager would probably be more upset if I let myself fall to pieces."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2016-08-19 at 01:24 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #1210

AMEN Base

"Alright then, we'll just head down to my workshop and we can get started."

Gears tries to direct the Magbot to an elevator that will lead to the AMEN garage/mechanic parts room.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Outside

The instructions appear to be lost on the creature who let's out growl in response as it makes its way towards the mabot and attempts to grab it and hike it up into the air. It doesn't seem like it want to harm the bot though, at least not yet.

[AMEN Base]

Sargon shakes his head. "We know for a fact that their temples aren't protected by some 'god', so you shouldn't have trouble with that. Zefir is quite correct though, even the scarce information we have about this leaders suggests that they are these 'vampires'. Creatures with very specific weaknesses. We can't just wander inside the belly of the beast unprepare, so to speak."
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    AMEN Base

"Sunlight, at least for some of them. Likely the combination of cutting off the head and a stake through the heart will work as well. Of course, that works on almost everything. Through a bit of research on the exact type shouldn't hurt."

Mr E picks up a piece of paper off his desk, looks at it and sighs. In the meantime, a henchman tries to direct Saa back to a hallway.

"Well, I have a list of the people running in the election, and one of them is a member. The trouble is, its Stu that's running, so I expect that we'll need to arrange some control over another candidate."
    [AMEN Base]

Zefir looks after Saa the pillow dressed draconic woman as she leaves. His main attention is at the talk...Harley? What on earth is up here? Why is she inside. Didn't the henchman read the memo that she is treated as a betrayer of AMEN? Well he might have missed to send it with all the stuff going on. Zefir got the feeling that this won't end well. He's just lucky no Mag... Oh man a Magbot? That day is just going to get worst.

"I'm not up with the election, but Stu is a problem . I hope he is just playing the corrupt counvilmann who says yes to woman and a gardener."
    he says.
    "As for the Vampire. Do they have another enemy in the city? Someone that might have dacuments about their leader. I doubt heading Northside and asking around will help."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #1212

AMEN Base

"There was a small team who opposed Malechenar, your Catburglar and a vampire-woman who followed him. I am told that the guides tried to get their hands on him to gain some insight in how to fight Malechenar. But then he disappeared without a trace. We haven't been able to find them again since that point." Sargon explains. "We're also getting reports that Malcehenar is bringing in more troops into Northside. It appears as if they are not intending to have MERC in westside for much longer. This won't matter as long as we can kill their leaders however, but it does mean we might must expect more resistance than we had originally anticipated. Their reinforcements are coming through a portal below the castle, it is said to be connected to their homeworld."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-08-21 at 03:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1213

Garage

Magbot 427 foolishly follows!

Anyways, to jump ahead a little, let's just assume the minion gets the Magbot open and starts poking about. Up to you if he actually keeps his promise of doing repairs, of course, but whether he proves as treasonous and vile as any other AMENite or not, there's quite a few things he'll learn, messing about with that janitor's bits and pieces. For starters, The wonderful thing about Magbots is how wonderfully simple they all are. Simple, inexpensive, and expendable. Every single Magbot throughout history have all been sculpted from the same straightforward, basic, fantastically cheap mold. From the first series drones off the MagCave's assembly lines eight years ago, to the last bots he left in Sunny's care before absconding from the Nexus, each and every Magbot has had that same bipedal humanoid frame, bright red optic cores with which to view the world, and shiny chrome exterior. Some might call Magtok lazy and/or unimaginative for sticking with the same dull, vanilla, uninspired minion design for nearly a decade (and they'd probably be right), but it got him through all those years of tumult and tribulations, didn't it?

It's also why Magbot 427's age isn't readily apparent until Gears opened him up. Magbot 427 isn't named that for nothing; he's the 427th Magbot built. That was years ago, ages ago, before the wars and the apocalypses and the other acronyms. By Nexus standards, this robot is ancient. Within its fractured memory files, one can see it toiling in the background throughout nearly every chapter of Nexus history. One can see the laser rifle it carried when the Tyrannoshark project went berserk, the OmniMop it used to clean a radioactive spill when the MagCave got that bad batch of polonium, the shovel used to dig up his master's lair when a climatic duel with Reinholdt Prime had the whole thing collapse on itself...jeez, the cyborg always went through clones and robots like they were tissues, how did this Magbot last so long?!

None of this really concerns AMEN or Gears, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if Gears doesn't even notice or care how many times this particular Magbot has had its software updated or upgraded. What might catch his eye, however, are two different addresses. The first is a defunct freight depot down by Inside's docks, named AGM Shipping Co. It used to get a lot of business, but lately it's just been taking up space with all those huge shipping containers, since the NPC owner, a Mr. Alexander Thompson, mysteriously vanished right around when Magtok did. However, it was definitely not owned by Magtok. Nope, he totally didn't shapeshift into this Thompson guy, start up a second company, and use it to move illegal freight around, without running the risk of drawing the Empire/Remnant/Union's attention that using his own name and face would involve.

The second address, as if that mysterious freight company weren't lucrative enough on its own, is for some hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere. Some ugly hill a few dozen miles south of Riverside, there's something called 'Apoc. Supplies.' It has a security rating of '9,' whatever that means. Probably best to go in expecting a fight, if you send anyone down there.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #1214

Inside the base

"I didn't know that about dragons; I thought it was only bears that hibernated," Harley comments in an off-handed matter: partially to relate how not knowing things is pretty normal. "I can see how that would be frustrating."

Then, after Saa speaks again, Harley nods as well. "I understand," she says. "Thank you so much."

"I currently have no intention of fighting against Zefir or wresting control from him." So, she explains what positive leadership traits Harley sees in him: "He's fairly consistent, and from what I've seen he's good at talking and making the right deals with the right people, which is a very important trait for a leader. "

So, she takes a large breath. Telling some of her plans, she says, "I am going to run for office in one of the districts in Riverside, but even so I'm still going to be participating in AMEN's activities." Pretty pointless thing to say, but it ties into what her intended point is. "Anyway, I haven't been in politics for a while, but I haven't been keeping up swordfighting abilities recently enough for it. Would you mind having a bout so I can see what I need to practice?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Inside the base

Her expression briefly goes strangely wistful as Harley commiserates with her confusion and acknowledges her words. "Perhaps I was too hasty to judge him," Saa admits, "as I have not known that particular human long. It is no matter."

A sparring match would do her some good; perhaps both of them. It's amusing that swordfighting is considered a necessary skill for a politician here. Refreshing, even. Though in truth, politics are alien to Saa; though she's read about them, her origins came from a dictator's lands, and though he was no god he may as well have been one as far as people like her were concerned. Dismissing the thought, the not-dragon gestures to a stack of wooden wasters in all sorts of shapes and styles.

Smiling faintly, Saa answers. "My sword-arm moves at your order. I accept your challenge, Miss Zorzo." She takes a position at one end of a simple sparring ring drawn upon the volcanic stone floor, and adopts a combat-ready position, waiting for her opponent.

Saahep is...something of an intimidating combatant. Her form, though most obviously draconic, blends many subtler influences that an anatomist's eye could see: The shapes of her limbs are more distinctly feline than anything else. The way the scales cover her wings almost makes them look birdlike, the overlapping growths resembling feathers from a distance. She's almost seven feet tall, with a ten-foot wingspan and limbs corded with muscle. She even has long, powerful fingers ending in claws, though those are currently retracted; apparently she can do that. She may be, in the most technical sense of the word, humanoid, but there's very little human about her appearance.

That olive-green kendo robe Saa's wearing isn't real armor, but then again she really doesn't need it for something like this. The waster she wields isn't an intimidating weapon in and of itself, but she picked one big enough for her to comfortably hold in one or both hands, and holds it alongside her head in the form of the ochs guard.

16. - Top - End - #1216

Garage

Gears does indeed keep his promise to repair the Magbot because it was made by a master of the robotic arts. Plus if he tried the scanning without doing the repairs it might have broken on him and that would not be useful. The locations are noted and Gears closes the Magbot back up.

"There you go. Not quite good as new, but you should be in working conditions for quite some time. Anything acts up, you can come back for a tune-up."

AMEN Base

"Hmm, that portal might be rigged to send the entire castle elsewhere, but it would take some time to find the proper rites to do so. As for other enemies, not many. The vampires were careful to keep their rule in a way to prevent enemies, so mainly just the strongly anti-undead groups would count, and they are mostly busy with more directly hostile undead."

17. - Top - End - #1217

Garage

Gears does indeed keep his promise to repair the Magbot because it was made by a master of the robotic arts. Plus if he tried the scanning without doing the repairs it might have broken on him and that would not be useful. The locations are noted and Gears closes the Magbot back up.

"There you go. Not quite good as new, but you should be in working conditions for quite some time. Anything acts up, you can come back for a tune-up."

AMEN Base

"Hmm, that portal might be rigged to send the entire castle elsewhere, but it would take some time to find the proper rites to do so. As for other enemies, not many. The vampires were careful to keep their rule in a way to prevent enemies, so mainly just the strongly anti-undead groups would count, and they are mostly busy with more directly hostile undead."
    AMEN Base

"They might backfire. They might try to stop us tpo prevent those under the vampires controll to go on rampage." Zefir comments. He sure sounds pesimistic, but someone has to and chances are 50/50.
    "We could allways destroy the gate. The only problem here would be coming close enougth to do so. It would be important to know if they can just create another one in no time."

18. - Top - End - #1218

AMEN Base

"There is also the issue with their host of warlocks. Apparently, they put a definite stop to your plague by kill every animal in the city. Isn't that right? We cannot predict what else they might do, which very well could alter the entire battlefield." Sargon adds. "But what about Eastside? They have their hunters, not to mention 'Jezebel', a supposed 'goddess'. Do you know anything about her? We have already fought against the hunters, we know how we're going to deal with them now."

19. - Top - End - #1219

Garage

"I...remember. Not everything, just enough to almost know what's going on. I-" Magbot 427 'blinks' a few times as he picks himself back up, an effect achieved by flickering the lights in its eyes on and off briefly. Everything seems to be in order...well, mostly. All those fractured memories begin to coalesce into a coherent series of events, there's no rust buildup in his joints, and his leg doesn't make that awful squeaky sound every time he turns to the right. 427 still doesn't have all of his memories, and there's still a slight tremor in his hands, but those tremors have been there since the Excelsior invasion, so we can't really fault Gears for that.

"-I think he's gone. My lord, I mean. Magtok is gone, away from this Nexus forever. Something...something to do with establishing an interstellar empire to hunt down Reinholdt Prime." 427 shakes his head, going through his entire mental history several hundred thousand times in approximately two seconds, just to be absolutely certain that he wasn't left any sort of special mission or secret orders or basic instructions on what to do in the cyborg's absence. Should he go back to mopping MagMart? It hardly seems to matter, especially if the entire building is barren now. Maybe join the others at the MagCave, and help Sunny with whatever pacifist project she might be tinkering with? No, that would...that would be too easy. Plus, we haven't heard from Sunny in ages, so it's possible she's been hit by deadtime, and walking into the MagCave would just get 427 gobbled up, too.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #1220

Garage

"Oh. I thought he was still around somewhere, doing his SCIENCE. Well, you could stick around, there's a couple of things that could use a different mindset, and some upgrades perhaps."

Its a shame to lose such a figure as Magtok.

AMEN base

"Hmm, then we'll have to work on taking care of the warlocks. As for Jezebel, that claim of divinity is true. She is such, or close enough that we can't beat her in battle. We can act again her worshipers, but she is too powerful for most of the members. But, we might be able to obtain some hostages, yes....."

Mr E thinks, trying to recall the information he has.

21. - Top - End - #1221

Inside the Base

Harley smiles. It's been too long. She walks over to the wasters and browses through them, looking for the right kind of one. There's several different kinds of swords she could use, but which one would be the best? It's been long enough that she has been without a sword that it's difficult to decide. As she's looking through the wooden swords, she thinks about her hair. Her hair might get in the way, so she quickly decides how to do with it. She grabs her black hair and ties it into some sort of knot updo. Without pins or such, she might have to take care of it knotting later, but it's worth it. She eventually picks out one that's close enough to a sabre. She picks it up in her left hand and moves her wrist around. It's a little stiff.

So she turns back around and enters the the sparring ring.
    Harley is much shorter than Saa. She's about one and a half feet shorter than Saa. She looks pretty generically human. Her empty scabbard is still attached at her skirt's waist. Her scars on her face are...well, the same as normal.

"Okay," she says. She holds her sword out. "I'm ready." Saa looks much taller and stronger, so she'll have to keep that in mind, to focus more on dodging than blocking. She quickly advances towards the not-dragon and makes a tentative attack towards her waist, making the attack intentionally short mostly to test her counterattacking range.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Inside the Base

Saa observes Harley's choice of weapon with a vacant expression. "Sabres, scimitars, and so on. Elegant weapons, ideal for combat in motion." A faint smile. "I wonder if you are fast enough for it." One wing flicks playfully at that. The ring reminds her of where she came from, just a little, and a tiny bit of verbal sparring alongside the physical sort wasn't uncommon there. She doesn't perform a full bow as her opponent enters the ring, but she does nod to confirm her readiness before acting.

Or reacting, really. Saa has the decency to actually looks surprised at her foe's aggression, and almost moves to counterattack before her sense of space catches up with her. Given Harley's height and the sword's length, Saa takes a step back outside the range of the lunge rather than performing the parry and riposte she'd originally intended. "Know your space," Saa advises as the strike passes in front of her, "and know theirs.", she continues as she suddenly lunges in the direction that Harley swung from, wings thrown back for an extra burst of acceleration, weapon spinning elegantly to strike at the appropriate shoulder. She holds back the full force of her blow, of course; this is a training exercise, not a real attempt to injure each other, and if Harley were to try a direct block/parry she wouldn't find it any worse than doing so against a strong human.

23. - Top - End - #1223

Garage

"I'll keep your offer in mind," Magbot 427 answers hesitantly, before moving towards the door. Truth be told, he'd rather never come back here if he can avoid it. The people here are savages, psychopaths, and completely unhinged. He was never personally involved in his master's crimes and capers, but he saw enough to see that such villainy never really paid off. These things, they stick to you, the blood of one's sins never ever wash away. I mean, even years after the worst of his crimes had been forgotten and he'd somehow maneuvered himself all the way to the top of HALO, nobody really trusted the cyborg even a little, did they? VIGIL almost didn't happen, just because the Watchtower faction couldn't help but suspect he had some malicious scheme in the works. Half the Nexus thought he was vile, and only the closest of friends and family even blinked when Excelsior declared war.

As quite possibly the only independent Magbot in the Nexus, 427 is free of that taint. With no reputation to uphold or drag him down, 427's potential is as limitless as it is staggering and terrifying. 427 could wind up a pile of scraps, or rule his own robot empire! He could save the planet, or help ruin it! His future could be anything!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

24. - Top - End - #1224

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    AMEN Base

"There is also the issue with their host of warlocks. Apparently, they put a definite stop to your plague by kill every animal in the city. Isn't that right? We cannot predict what else they might do, which very well could alter the entire battlefield." Sargon adds. "But what about Eastside? They have their hunters, not to mention 'Jezebel', a supposed 'goddess'. Do you know anything about her? We have already fought against the hunters, we know how we're going to deal with them now."
    Garage

"Oh. I thought he was still around somewhere, doing his SCIENCE. Well, you could stick around, there's a couple of things that could use a different mindset, and some upgrades perhaps."

Its a shame to lose such a figure as Magtok.

AMEN base

"Hmm, then we'll have to work on taking care of the warlocks. As for Jezebel, that claim of divinity is true. She is such, or close enough that we can't beat her in battle. We can act again her worshipers, but she is too powerful for most of the members. But, we might be able to obtain some hostages, yes....."

Mr E thinks, trying to recall the information he has.
    AMEN Base

"For me spellcaster aren't a big problem, but I don't think they will be easy to reach." Zefir says.
    "Maybe we could take advantage of this animal killing thing. If we spread the rumor that they will do the same to all people, in case of an attack. The people might go against the castle wether it's true or not. The chaos would at least give us better chances to get inside unnoticed during the fight."

25. - Top - End - #1225

AMEN Base

Sargon waves his large armored hand dismissively. "But what would such a rumor do in the context to our assault? Unless it works up the mortals in such a frenzy that they kill the spellcasters, it won't be of much use. The idea has it's merits however, this latest 'election' in Eastside, while first looking like a complete joke, could be used to drive a deeper wedge between the different sides. South and Eastside are already in conflict, and both North- and Westside are controlled by the same faction. So if we could use the anti- Malechenar and Southside rhetoric to our advantage, it would completely shatter the unity." But then Sargon shakes his head. "Of course, perhaps it's too much of a long-term plan. No matter how deep the wedge between the sides, the invasion is bond to unite them to at least some degree." He pauses for a moment, looking down on the floor. Then he suddenly looks up, his eyes a cold blue in color. "What if we set off a bomb during the middle of one of their 'democratic rallies'? They would likely suspect Southside, or perhaps even Northside. We just need to pick the candidate that hates them the most and then sit back and watch the fireworks."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-08-23 at 07:57 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1226

AMEN base

"A bomb might be useful, we just need to try to pick the right candidate. Is that all of the current plans, or are there more tasks for my men?"
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2016-08-24 at 09:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1227

AMEN Base

"I can prepare soething. For now we need to gather informations on the Candidats and maybe some strawman who lay the bomb as radical follower." Zefir says. His view wanders to the box the demon brought with him.
    "I heared you wanted to deliver something."

28. - Top - End - #1228

AMEN Base

Sargon shifts his cold gaze to the box and gestures to the pit knight who immediately approaches them and places the box on the table. "Yes, as promised. From my personal smith, a cessation glove, nearly identical to my own for you, Zefir." The demon king opens the box and picks a single armored glove that looks comparatively tiny to the massive ones Sargon himself are wearing. But to Zefir it should fit like a glove.

It's made of the same porcelain white metal as Sargon's gloves with pointed ends that make them appear like claws. Next to it is a small jar of some sort. It doesn't look like a weapon at all.

"Try it on. You will find it very effective in combat."

29. - Top - End - #1229

AMEN Base

Zefir wears some gloves himself. They have cut fingers and seem to be armored at the remaining finger. He only takes the right one on and tries it out. Just to be sure to not get trapped.
    He will try making a fist, carefull to not cut himself,

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN Base

At some point a drone messenger will arrive at AMEN, carrying a stamped invitation card and a letter meant for the eyes of the current leader of AMEN... whoever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Invitation
    Commander of AMEN

You are invited to attend
    50th Annual BrightStar Technology and Political Outlook
    Fundraiser and Dinner

held at

BrightStar Tower
    [date some number of days from now]

Please have invitation on hand for admittance
    The invitation is made out of thick cardstock, bordered in gold, with text machine-stamped deep into the face of the card with fine black ink. Underneath the text of the invitation is a large chip stamped into the card, bearing a holographic image that alternately shows a starbust logo, or a tall structure that might be a skyscraper, or might be a rocketship.

The letter is made out of fine, machine-made paper,

Commander of AMEN,

We at BrightStar Industries recognize and are inspired by your multiple talents and ambitions. I look forward to seeing a representative of yours at our next Outlook dinner. I hope you find our agenda presented to be similarly inspiring, and in line with your own plans. With some negotiation, I believe that our resources can be funneled into helping you continue your good work.

Vix Brightstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.