New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

[Main Room]

"Oh, vhatever." Adel groans into the palm of his hand, waving a hand at Malice to shoo him out. This does have to end, now. Before everyone forgets about the murdering they're supposed to be doing here. "Go. Get gone. Please leave. I have new people to deal vith."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room

"Your mother's so stupid, that when she was told to put her car in neutral, she ran over Dipsnig!" Malice shouts, as he's shooed out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Main Room

Mofftok watches the Candypire shoo Malice out the door, and doesn't even try to get in the last word, (which probably would have involved Skyside in some fashion.)

"Wow. This place..." He steps into a portal.

A moment later, 10 lbs worth of flour is sprayed into the room from several directions, attempting to coat everything. And then a match is tossed in.

boom
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-09-22 at 02:39 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room]

Aye, it may be true that Mister Tooth-Rot Poncemeister might not be someone most people would want to try pushing aside, but Clarissa is, without a single doubt, the AMENite you don't want to rub the wrong way. She's also not most people. And when Adel challenges her dominance with that belittle gesture of his, he violates one of the major rules on how to survive in AMEN.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Clarissa, for thou art crunchy and finger-licking good with milk.

With Adel so distracted (greeting Zane, shooing Magtok, and being floured) Clarissa attempts to sneak up behind him without making so much as a peep (every monster as terrifying as Clarissa when she's hunting has to be able to creep up behind people without them noticing) and, after retrieving a baseball bat that most Super Smash Bros fans would instantly recognize from hammerspace, charges it up. She then attempts to whack the candyvamp in the spine with enough force to send him flying through a wall or two.

He can take it! He's a vampire! How many times was Rot burned to death before someone perma-killed him! It's just a friendly love tap 's all! She's not kicking his teeth in or anything of the sort (unless the untested upstart miraculously lands within kicking range (somehow))!

Ironically, being slammed out of the park by Clarissa might save Adel from Moff's explosive fit (which Clarissa, Nicole, and Alexis just tank - being goddesses with a knack for fire magic and a dragon, respectively)

Malice, on the other hand, may find a UFP (unidentified floating picture) hovering in front of him as he is unceremoniously ejected from the premises! If Malice chooses to examine it, he'll discover that it's a lovely photo of one of the ladies who were sitting on the couch in there! On the back of the selfie of Nicole, spawn of Berissa, someone has written something in bright violet ink! What fine penmanship he/she has!

It reads:

Please give this picture to your alt-verse self, preferably the Magtok in charge of VIGIL. It'll really rile him up. If you record his reaction and send me a copy, you'll be well compensated for your efforts.

-Nicole
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-09-22 at 03:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

Main Room

Ivaz was watching the fighting between Malice and Mofftok with a grin. People flinging insults at each other was always amusing.

Then comes the random flour. It coats Ivaz well, and grabs her attention. She sees the match come in. Ivaz is no stranger to this little trick. She's done it herself a few times.

So, Ivaz follows the logical course of action and slides into the shadow of her chair. She'll stay there long enough to get the flour off of her before returning.

Well, that was just uncalled for.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #216

[Main Room]

Clarrisa only scores a home run through a cloud of roiling black smoke, as Adel simply dissolves away and flows over her, materializing to catch the match as it comes through the portal. It makes a little sizzle as the flame goes out between his fingers. "Quite enough of that." He gives his hand a little shake and drops the charred bit of liquorice, hissing through his teeth. Oh, pain. How thoroughly unpleasant to see you again.

And then the fire alarm goes off and the whole room gets drenched anyway, turning the wheat to a mushy gluey paste on the floor that someone else will have to clean up. Because there was a giant cloud of smoke in here only a moment ago.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Main Room

Zane hears the insults flying and stands beside Grayle, slightly confused and amused.

If Grayle has already visited Those Forged by Flames he may sense a familiarity about Zane, but it will be vague.
    Caius was hardly confused, but certainly a tad underwhelmed. The man had expected a more organized group, all this rampant chaos and nonsense was quite annoying, and more than a little worrying considering he was expected to work with these people. As the match business is quickly stopped, he wipes the bit of flour that had gotten on him. His mood was certainly crashing down now. He doesn't recognize Zane, for he had never payed close to attention to his combatants personally, and the battle at Those Forged was no exception. Gray had no idea. However, Zane might recognize the unique looking armor, along with the mirrored helmet currently under an arm. He speaks now, boredom and annoyance clear in his tone. "I hope this isn't how it always is." Caius sighs and moves to address Adel once more. "Ahem. Do we have even have a battle plan? We really ought to sit down and discuss this."

8. - Top - End - #218

Main Room

OK, now this caught even Zefir's attention. Well the fact Adel is fighting Clarissa is something you don't see every day. And then a flower bomb. Zefir immeditly understands what this means. He is after all an expert of explosives and it would be the first thing he can imagine. he cross his hands in front of his face and jumps backwards through the door. This way only his clothes get a litle singed. Then he comes back inside.

"It is knight guy." Zefir address Caius as he comes back. "We had a discussion , but it didn't even went to the point plans get intressting."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #219

Main Room

The running sprinkler system doesn't seem to bother Ivaz at all. Even though she's getting soaked.

Oh well.

She looks at both Caius and Zefir in turn. Well, I have no clue what we were discussing in the first place. Should we give it another go? Maybe just between us three?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - Clarissa]

"First of all..."

Clarissa bares her teeth, darkly sneering as she steps toward Caius, her eyes burning coals radiating murderous intent. She eyes him as though she were a hungry lioness and he was but a slab of meet. She attempts to lock her eyes on his, daring him to look away.

"This is my gig. Candy over yonder doesn't 'ave a say in what is or isn't allowed. This sport of our's will not be planned out beforehand! Remember where that got y'all last time! Improvise, Sonny Jim, or die trying."

Now, she whips around to face Adel, lashing out with a glare and a speech as if they were raking claws and bloodied teeth.

"Second, you will not challenge me again, newbie. I don't care if you're the so-called leader of AMEN. You haven't yet proved your worth to me. If you stand in my way again, I will trample you, savvy?"

She's not joking. Ilpholin and Magtok earned the right to be her leader. This diabetes-inducing candied cretin is nothing more to her than AMEN-aligned fresh meat.

"Third, I agree that we need to get a move on. My hackers are probably getting restless, and I might kill one of you if y'all keep yapping."

Clarissa rips open a portal to New Hope City in Outside and steps through, never taking her ever-vigilant eyes off of Adel.

She's dead serious about killing Adel if he tries to boss her around without first impressing her somehow.

[Main Room - Alexis]

Oh no! Zefir has been spotted by Alexis! She...oh gods...she waves at Zefir! All friendly like! Apparently, his alt-verse adopted daughter doesn't hate him!

"Heya, Zefir. Didn't see ya there."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-09-22 at 04:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221

Portal!

Cielle will stay in AMEN, unless Clarissa's family follows, in which case she comes along, drawing knives from hammerspace.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Main Room - Clarissa]

"First of all..."

Clarissa bares her teeth, darkly sneering as she steps toward Caius, her eyes burning coals radiating murderous intent. She eyes him as though she were a hungry lioness and he was but a slab of meet. She attempts to lock her eyes on his, daring him to look away.

"This is my gig. Candy over yonder doesn't 'ave a say in what is or isn't allowed. This sport of our's will not be planned out beforehand! Remember where that got y'all last time! Improvise, Sonny Jim, or die trying."

Now, she whips around to face Adel, lashing out with a glare and a speech as if they were raking claws and bloodied teeth.

"Second, you will not challenge me again, newbie. I don't care if you're the so-called leader of AMEN. You haven't yet proved your worth to me. If you stand in my way again, I will trample you, savvy?"

She's not joking. Ilpholin and Magtok earned the right to be her leader. This diabetes-inducing candied cretin is nothing more to her than AMEN-aligned fresh meat.

"Third, I agree that we need to get a move on. My hackers are probably getting restless, and I might kill one of you if y'all keep yapping."

Clarissa rips open a portal to New Hope City in Outside and steps through, never taking her ever-vigilant eyes off of Adel.

She's dead serious about killing Adel if he tries to boss her around without first impressing her somehow.

[Main Room - Alexis]

Oh no! Zefir has been spotted by Alexis! She...oh gods...she waves at Zefir! All friendly like! Apparently, his alt-verse adopted daughter doesn't hate him!

"Heya, Zefir. Didn't see ya there."
    Caius doesn't gaze away from her for more than a second, to quickly gaze at the brace built into the right arm of his suit. Many buttons seem to be built into the device, and it's clear that the technology required to create the thing was rare. After all, if the thing wasn't valuable or at least quite useful, why would Grayle quickly look towards it? He looks back to her now, speaking in his regular and somewhat monotonous tone. "What you seek to do is not only incredibly dangerous, it's damn foolish, and can get people killed!

Our people could get killed, and I for one have absolutely no desire to end up dead because you decided you'd march in and just "improvise". A strategic assault upon the city would be a far better idea, and less likely to fail."
    He breathes in deeper now, backing away slightly as she turns to speak with Adel. As he does so, he dons his helmet. I wonder what it is that the mirrored helmet headgear actually does. Finally, he speaks to her, probably interrupting her talk to Adel as he does so.

It's evident that the man's quite annoyed. "What is wrong with you? We have a leader here, a competent one, clearly. Why, as far as I can tell, he's the only one here actually attempting to organize this place into something greater than what you'd have this place become! You're out of your place, here, and I suggest apologizing to the man that's actually here to help, rather than here to kick the proverbial ant hill and cause trouble." His fists are closed now. "I'm not afraid of you, and no one here should be." He speaks out towards the others now, his voice amplified through the helmet.

His voice seems tinny, but passionate through the helmet. "We are AMENites, friends! Allies! We must be, else we will be destroyed and left behind just like every other time. We'll learn from history, dammit, nor repeat the same mistakes!" He turns towards Clarissa once more. "We need order to keep ourselves in line, else we'll all end up just like Gordon. Dead. Betrayed. With VIGIL around now, and Remnant, we need to work together." He breathes deeply before speaking quieter to her. "So. Get. In. Line."

Finally, and assuming nothing terrible happens, he'll turn to the others and speak. "Now! How many people do we actually have here to go on this mission? I need you all to be quiet, for a bit, and line up. Once that's done, we'll be following Miss Clarissa through the portal. Stick together in groups of two to three, everyone. We don't want to be alone when VIGIL shows up, which they certainly will." He speaks over his shoulder towards Adel. "Will you be following as well, sir?"

13. - Top - End - #223

Main Room

Ivaz folds her arms and stares at Caius as he gives his little speech. She'll wait till he's done before she speaks.

Well, somebody's been practicing speeches in front of a mirror.

Now, will somebody give a quick explanation of what in the hell we're doing?
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2014-09-22 at 05:58 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #224

[Main Room]

"Oh boy." It's not something he especially wants to do, but Adel steps between Clarissa and the man who already stands in her path. His feet leave the ground again as he gains several inches to look eye to eye with her, and he tries for a small smile, pointedly ignoring all those fiery looks of glowing-eye'd hatred. "Grayle. I appreciate you, but you may not fight my battles for me. Especially as this is her 'gig'. I see no reason to interfere, least of all by lining up like children. Tomorrow ve plan, today ve have a little fun, yes?"

The vampire shrugs, and opens his arms with the palms face up. He'll even move aside if it doesn't look like the two merry murderers are about to rush each other. That's not a headache he feels like trying to sort right now. "But I do intend to lead, and do not think you vill scare me avay from doing vhat I feel needs doing. Ve vill have to talk later, surely. It is good to see such passion for AMEN."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-09-22 at 06:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Grayle shakes his head and crosses his arms a tad as Adel speaks to him. Well, maybe there was something to be valued in the new leader's words. While, personally, Caius would rather undergo a trip like this with a specific plan in hand, perhaps he needed something like this to truly get an idea of how powerful the people around him can really be. He keeps his eyes on Clarissa, but doesn't bother saying anything else to her. Instead, he speaks in response to Ivaz's question. "We're to head out, cause trouble." He's not one to talk, usually, which makes his prior outburst quite unusual indeed.

16. - Top - End - #226

Main Room

Ivaz tilts her head a bit. Really? That's it?

Then she shrugs a bit. Eh. Beats doing nothing. Let's get drunk while we're at it.

And then she goes to follow Clarissa.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #227

Mr E's Room

Well, this is interesting. E thinks that he did warn Adel about the chaotic nature of AMEN. He spins around his chair, giving the gingerbread man in the room a slight glare. So many things that can't be do, because they require a personal touch.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Halfling in the Playground

Main Room

Zane throws up his hand and is protected from the flour by a wall of fire, which will cover all five sides if necessary.
    He and his player will also ignore what has been said in the past two rounds where he was skipped* while at school.

Clarissa von whatever the **** your name is, will you sit down and shut up already?

I came to join AMEN so that I could set things on fire and by the Flames I will not HESITATE to start now!

The black flames flare around him dangerously, but through some miracle they aren't burning anything yet. However, the heat is still extraordinary, even for someone of Clariss's renowned ability.

As for Grayle, Zane doesn't recognize him...because he wasn't at that battle.

*I will ALWAYS get salty about being skipped without permission...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - Clarissa]

Clarissa listens to Caius's orate, her disquieting grin growing and growing and growing still. Turning her back to Caius wound up being a much, much more strategic maneuver than she ever could have foreseen! She chokes back a laugh as Caius addresses his "friends, AMENites, and countrymen". This guy. If ever a position was to open for a jester in AMEN, Clarissa would either nominate this guy or DC.

Clarissa would slow clap for him, if not for Adel acting all diplomatic and genial all of a sudden. What the hell, she reckons. If Adel is gonna behave like that, maybe she'll play ball...for now, at least...and not with Adel as the ball this time.

"Yes, we will. For now, I'll leave you with this to ruminate on."

"We'll be broadcasting the attack today across the airwaves of the Nexus live. If you see any spherical drones with the word Umbrella painted on 'em, please don't blow them up."

And with that, Clarissa steps through the portal to New Hope City in Outside! Hooray!!!

Edit because Zane!

Clarissa pauses for a minute before traversing the violet light.

"Pfft! I already devoured another version you!"

Clarissa lies. She didn't eat that one; she only kidnapped him.

"He was hot 'n spicy just like you, I imagine. Had 'im drizzled in honey. Mmm, he was heavenly."

Clarissa licks her lips in smug satisfaction.

"I also helped kill your boss, so there's that too."

And through the portal she goes! For real this time! If Zane wants to fight her, he'll have to play her game!

-------
    [Main Room - Nicole]

Nicole, strangely, doesn't follow Clarissa. She seductively slips off of Alexis's lap and quietly steals away into another portal entirely. Alexis hangs back in the Main Room for the moment, waiting to evaluate Zefir's reaction to her greeting.

There's nothing that would prevent Cielle from following Nicole through the swirling portal of mystery, if she so desires.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-09-22 at 07:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Main Room

Zane allows Clarissa to finish her boast but speaks before she exits the room.

You've eaten NO one, Clarissa, Whore of AMEN.

I am the only clone of Zane, and I remember when you kidnapped me. I remember leaving KINDER when you abandoned it to deadtime.

So don't you start acting all superior.

If she leaves regardless of his speech he'll go ahead and follow her through.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Gray's eyebrows rise from beneath his helmet as he listens to Zane's response. In truth, he had absolutely no idea who Zane was, or Clarissa, really. He hadn't been around the Nexus as long as others had been, and it sort of put him at a disadvantage when it came to assessing opponents. Clarissa didn't appear to be armed, nor was particularly threatening looking apart from that blisteringly acidic tongue. With a sigh, he checks over his belt, making sure the small sack of holding was there.

After all, what supervillain would stride into a mission without their gear on hand? He doesn't add anything to the conversation, feeling he didn't quite know what he'd be talking about. The situation between Clarissa and Zane seemed highly personal, after all. So, with a deep breath, he lifts off the ground slightly, his belt manipulating his gravitational field. Soon, he floats towards the portal and follows Zane, wondering what the world would look like outside the doorway.

He'd never been through a portal before.

22. - Top - End - #232

Nicole

And so Nicole is followed!
    The "Road less traveled", when not used in it's original context, has provided itself to be much more rewarding, after all!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

23. - Top - End - #233

[Main Room]

Adel waits until Clarissa has left, before turning to the other two. "I vould like to try my hand at resolving this, before you two continue the feud." One of his gingerbread flunkies shuffles into the room, bringing a change of clothes and his sword. Wouldn't do to go into battle in his nightwear, no matter how comfortable it sounds. "Of course, you do seem to have some history. If you vill really insist on fighting her this vill be the last I'll intervene."

24. - Top - End - #234

Main Room - Ready to Roll Out

Zane turns back to face the Candypire.

Clarissa tried to kidnap me once, as a precautionary gesture I sent my servant to...a friend...and I've been on the move since.

I decided to come here, regardless of Clarissa's involvement. Oh,
    he looks Adel straight in the face, his black eyes betraying no emotion, but flickering as if on fire, I do not feel fear.
    I understand the concept. However, fear is not something upon which I will subjugate myself. I have died many times, and I have not feared death itself.

My aggression towards Clarissa is simply the lack of fear that some would call a survival instinct. The closest I get to that is the desire to avoid death because of the discomfort.
    I would rather not fight her, but I will not step down from the challenge.

Unless has more words to say, Zane will finally step through the portal, his hands wreathed in dark flames.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #235

[Main Room]

"Oh Gray Knigth you got no idea." Zefir says to Grayle. Befor he leaves through the portal.
    "I mean friends? Get real, all here are the 'bad' guys. We are here because we didn't had friends or none trusts us enougth to be friends. You get a point that the past tells us how AMEN failed, but none cared for it."

Zefir wants to add something, but then notice Alexis waving at him. Oh my god! He forgot he wanted to avoid that, btu maybe it saved him? he waves back a bit, but didn't say anything.
    He will not go through the portal right now. He doesn't want to have Adel in his back. He doesn't like him at all.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - Grown-Up Alexis!]

Alt-verse Alexis smiles warmly at Zefir and pats the cushion beside her! She wishes for Zefir to seat himself next to her so that they can civilly chat about something or other! Yay? Boo? I do not (yet) know! Is Zefir brave enough to talk with this mature, man-eating malefactor who shares more than just his adopted daughter's DNA all alone in AMEN or will he make a break for it before she speaks! Stay tuned to find out!

27. - Top - End - #237

[Main Room - Grown-Up Alexis!]

Zefir sights. He now has several decissions to make and sadly talking with Alt Verse Alexis is the one causing less trouble for hom, right now. They can't know that he thought about leaving AMEN. He let's himself fall into the cushion Alexis sits.

"Ok, I already knew your here. The Alexis from this ...time?... world?.. whatever! , told me. So I guess you got something to talk?"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - Grown-Up Alexis! Bonnie von Smith]

The normal, comfy AMEN couch cushion was transformed into a bundle of candy floss by that sugary vamp, Adel. Alexis doesn't seem to care about that. She's exceptionally heavy, though, so the cushion underneath her is essentially a solid mass of cotton candy.

If the couch was brand new, Alexis would've eaten most of it by now. As is, the couch is old and maybe even dusty. It's too gross; she doesn't want to nom it!

"Yeah. I was hoping that I'd bump into you here. It's more convenient than tracking you down. I thought that I really should introduce myself to you since your adopted daughter is an alt-verse of me."

"I'm Bonnie von Smith, one of Clarissa's adopted daughters. I was created by Clarissa for reasons that she still won't tell me about, and I'm immortal. I'm a close friend of her daughter, Nicole, and we hunt and consume gods and goddesses every now and again."
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-09-26 at 05:23 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

[Main Room - Grown-Up Alexis! Bonnie von Smith]

Zefir mentons with his hand that she should continue.

"Yeah, I already know that, as I said."

He seems less suprised or worries about the other things she tells him. I mean she just said she was created by Clarissa, right? he won't expect her to go work as a waitress. Totally normal that she is some god slaying immortal.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

[Main Room - Totally Normal]

Wow! Bonnie really didn't expect Zefir to be so accepting of the relationships she's forged and her hobbies!

What more does she have to say about herself?

"Umm..."

"That's enough about me; let's talk about your me: Alexis."

"Soon, Alexis will be obsessed with gold, probably. I was about her age when I started amassing my treasure hoard. She may attempt to learn alchemy. If she succeeds in this, hide everything from her that you don't want transmuted into gold, especially living creatures. There was an incident with a servant in our household once."

"Oh, and keep a few dozen cows on hand for when Alexis undergoes a growth spurt. She'll be absolutely ravenous for days, and she'll raid any nearby farms for livestock if she isn't well-fed."

"Most importantly, don't take her to the dentist's without feeding her first. Your dentist will probably mysteriously disappear after cleaning of half of her teeth if you don't abide by that rule."