New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1337
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Good game. I'll get the battle video in a second...
    Battle video: EF5W-WWWW-WWWA-7NG8
    Jude P.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Good game. I'll get the battle video in a second...
    Battle video: EF5W-WWWW-WWWA-7NG8
    it's better than my other two attempts at battling a gym

i should have hornleech'd the kingdra instead of the politoed
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

3. - Top - End - #1083

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    it's better than my other two attempts at battling a gym

i should have hornleech'd the kingdra instead of the politoed
    Probably, yeah. Politoed is really bulky. Even as a half-Dragon, Kingdra is much flimsier.
    Jude P.

4. - Top - End - #1084

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    I'll be around. Just rewatching Breaking Bad and screwing around on the Internet until I leave to go play L5R which probably won't be for a couple hours.
    I'm ready when you are. Level 50 or 100? I can do either.

Oh yeah, and in case you hadn't noticed, the link in your sig is still to the first League thread.
    Jude P.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm ready when you are. Level 50 or 100? I can do either.

Oh yeah, and in case you hadn't noticed, the link in your sig is still to the first League thread.
    Level 50. Ready when you are. And I'll fix the link now.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Welp. I forgot Mamoswine could have Oblivious. I'll just, uh, hit it? I guess that's the best option for the moment.
    Darn, I was expecting Rhyperior to switch out because of its 4x weakness to water. Figured the Toxic would hit Gastrodon. Oops.
    Alright, there we go.

Good match. Battle video: 5RVG-WWWW-WWWA-7NM5

Want to go again?
    Jude P.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp. I forgot Mamoswine could have Oblivious. I'll just, uh, hit it? I guess that's the best option for the moment.
    Darn, I was expecting Rhyperior to switch out because of its 4x weakness to water. Figured the Toxic would hit Gastrodon. Oops.
    Alright, there we go.

Good match. Battle video: 5RVG-WWWW-WWWA-7NM5

Want to go again?
    Maybe later. Need to get ready for some L5R. Not surprising how that match went. All that water is a nightmare for my team and Gastrodon is my only answer. I was hoping Stone Miss wouldn't let me down so I could hopefully 2HKO Politoed and then stall out the rain, or just get a good hit if you switched out Politoed.

Should have seen the Taunt coming and tried to take out Crobat. Unfortunately an early misclick lead to uselessly Earthquaking it.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    Maybe later. Need to get ready for some L5R. Not surprising how that match went. All that water is a nightmare for my team and Gastrodon is my only answer. I was hoping Stone Miss wouldn't let me down so I could hopefully 2HKO Politoed and then stall out the rain, or just get a good hit if you switched out Politoed.

Should have seen the Taunt coming and tried to take out Crobat. Unfortunately an early misclick lead to uselessly Earthquaking it.
    Yeah, even without rain Greninja swept pretty hard. Sorry about that.
    Jude P.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

So I have a small window in which to battle - if anyone is looking to test their team (and be tested against in turn), I'll be available!
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

Since XY aren't going to be 100% compatible with ORAS, will our second season of the League be on the ORAS semi-Gen.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Since XY aren't going to be 100% compatible with ORAS, will our second season of the League be on the ORAS semi-Gen.
    I'll be moving over if it's easy with pokebank.
    ~ZA

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    I'll be moving over if it's easy with pokebank.
    I probably will, too. It's too bad about no more customization, though. Now we'll look like a bunch of clones when we battle each other.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    This is going to be a heated vote, I think - I'm seeing a few possible options.

1 - Limit this to a single game, people without that half of the semi-gen are out of luck
    2 - No megas, I don't think this is a good call personally. That's a big part of the draw this gen, but it'd really make us a different metagame entirely
    3 - Require all involved to maintain both ORAS and X/Y teams
    4 - Run a mixed league, and individual gym leaders can field ORAS or X/Y (or both) teams at their choice.

Also - I'm looking for battles tonight! Available to challenge or be challenged, or just to get my battle on.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2014-10-23 at 07:29 PM.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Keep in mind that OR/AS is still compatible with XY as long as you're not using new megas or moves. If we kept it to XY, it wouldn't actually keep anyone out who wasn't already kept out by not having anything from Gen V.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Keep in mind that OR/AS is still compatible with XY as long as you're not using new megas or moves. If we kept it to XY, it wouldn't actually keep anyone out who wasn't already kept out by not having anything from Gen V.
    Accurate. However, I counter with - Mega. Beedrill. RAWRGLBLARGLEDROOL.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Yeah, and Mega Swampert is probably going to make my team.
    Jude P.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Yeah, and Mega Swampert is probably going to make my team.
    Speaking of which, I believe you have two gym badges I would surely like to obtain. Any chance you're available for me to make an attempt?

18. - Top - End - #1098

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Speaking of which, I believe you have two gym badges I would surely like to obtain. Any chance you're available for me to make an attempt?
    It's getting kinda late so I should probably make the grown-up decision that I should only do one battle tonight. I can do the second tomorrow morning before 1PM or tomorrow night after 6PM.

Which one do you want to try? The water team is kind of tough, 4v4 doubles, level 50 or 100. The fire team is pretty easy, 6v6 singles, level 50 or 100.
    Jude P.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

It's getting kinda late so I should probably make the grown-up decision that I should only do one battle tonight. I can do the second tomorrow morning before 1PM or tomorrow night after 6PM.

Which one do you want to try? The water team is kind of tough, 4v4 doubles, level 50 or 100. The fire team is pretty easy, 6v6 singles, level 50 or 100.
    Hm. Well, if the fire team is easier... let's go water. I'm not set up for doubles at all, so this will either go really unexpectedly well for me, or be a nice quick win for you.

::Edit:: Unfortunately, one of my team is not prepared for level 100 battling, so it'll have to be 50.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2014-10-23 at 08:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Hm. Well, if the fire team is easier... let's go water. I'm not set up for doubles at all, so this will either go really unexpectedly well for me, or be a nice quick win for you.
    Want to do level 50 or 100?
    Jude P.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Want to do level 50 or 100?
    50 is probably best for me. Dunno if I'll want to use Golurk or not, but having the option is not a bad thing.

::Edit:: Well, that was going well until it broke down. I was pretty tense there when we disconnected! Perhaps another time, then.

Anyone else around?
    Last edited by Quietus; 2014-10-23 at 08:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Welp. My wifi cut out and wouldn't reconnect, so I gave up. Want to try that again tomorrow? I'm going to call Verizon in the morning. I keep forgetting to call them. It's been like this for two weeks now.
    Jude P.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Welp. My wifi cut out and wouldn't reconnect, so I gave up. Want to try that again tomorrow? I'm going to call Verizon in the morning. I keep forgetting to call them. It's been like this for two weeks now.
    Sure thing. Get some rest, I'm looking forward to Water Badge part two : Electric Boogaloo

24. - Top - End - #1104

Sure thing. Get some rest, I'm looking forward to Water Badge part two : Electric Boogaloo
    Alright, I'm back. I'll be around for the rest of the morning until around 1PM (NY time), then after 6PM. Although I'll be on the phone with Verizon for a while this morning.
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Alright, I'm back. I'll be around for the rest of the morning until around 1PM (NY time), then after 6PM. Although I'll be on the phone with Verizon for a while this morning.
    I'm about to head to work, so I'll have to catch you when I get home. I'll be on sometime around 7 or 8, I'll post in here once I'm available.

26. - Top - End - #1106

I'm about to head to work, so I'll have to catch you when I get home. I'll be on sometime around 7 or 8, I'll post in here once I'm available.
    Sounds like a plan. Hopefully Verizon tells me something besides "try rebooting the modem" and we don't have more problems.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Well, I'm home. I called Verizon earlier and the guy said he'd change the radio frequency of my router but I'm still having connectivity issues. I may or may not be able to get online with my 3DS and it may or may not hold out for an entire match.
    Jude P.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Well, I'm home. I called Verizon earlier and the guy said he'd change the radio frequency of my router but I'm still having connectivity issues. I may or may not be able to get online with my 3DS and it may or may not hold out for an entire match.
    Ah, well. That's irritating, I'm sure. Did you still want to give the battle a try, or wait until it's more stable? I'm available now.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah yes, the 'I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it' response.
    ~ZA

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'm up and about now, looking for battles - if any gym leaders are available to challenge, or if anyone is seeking their Carapace Badge, let me know!

::Edit:: For the record, this offer will be open more or less all day, I'm planning on spending the day relaxing and gaming.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2014-10-25 at 11:41 AM.