New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    I'll be going to bed in a bit, but will try to catch you later this week. What format so you use for the ground gym?
    6v6 singles. The next couple weeks will be busy because until next Saturday I have three jobs instead of just two but I'm sure I can catch you online sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    All right. And yes - put five in your party, we do 1v1s in the order you have them in your party.

And okay. And just in case you didn't see the edit: it's 3v3 rotation, not 6v6 rotation.
    Sounds good. Just need you to add me as a friend.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    6v6 singles. The next couple weeks will be busy because until next Saturday I have three jobs instead of just two but I'm sure I can catch you online sometime.
    I know how that can be. I'll be on call the next couple weeks, but hopefully we'll find a time.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, JPIL, you now have the Circuit Badge. I'll put you in. Can I challenge you? What are your teams and rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, JPIL, you now have the Circuit Badge. I'll put you in. Can I challenge you? What are your teams and rules?
    All I have ready right now is the Terra Badge, ground type. 6v6 singles.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

All I have ready right now is the Terra Badge, ground type. 6v6 singles.
    Sorry just checked the time.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry just checked the time.
    No worries. I'm sure I'll be around despite balancing three jobs for a couple weeks. I haven't had nearly enough challengers so I need to make myself available anyway.

Also, I now have 8 badges! Guess it's time to show them off and hit Victory Road!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

I didn't get nearly as much time as I thought I would over the weekend. The grass gym will be a bit longer in the making, I'm afraid.

On the upside, I got my in-game leftovers on Y to send over to X!
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'll try to catch you later, then. What format do you use?
    In the spirit of bug gyms being among the earliest (aka being lazy/uncreative ), I run the classic 6v6 singles format.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    In the spirit of bug gyms being among the earliest (aka being lazy/uncreative ), I run the classic 6v6 singles format.
    That's fine, I like that format quite a bit, anyway.

I do like doubles quite a bit, too, but it's hard to build a single team that excels in Doubles as well as Singles.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

That's fine, I like that format quite a bit, anyway.

I do like doubles quite a bit, too, but it's hard to build a single team that excels in Doubles as well as Singles.
    Yeah, I know that feeling - pretty sure my bug team would get torn up in doubles. Well, maybe.

Anyway - dealing with a brutal headache again, think I've figured out the cause though. I'm a massive sugar fiend, and haven't had anything sweet in the last two days. I'm trying to cut back a little on the sugar intake, but I think I'm going to have a small allowance just to see if it helps to make my skull feel like it isn't about to split open. If that works, I'll be available for challenges; I'll update this post or reply to the thread in an hour if that's the case.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I know that feeling - pretty sure my bug team would get torn up in doubles. Well, maybe.

Anyway - dealing with a brutal headache again, think I've figured out the cause though. I'm a massive sugar fiend, and haven't had anything sweet in the last two days. I'm trying to cut back a little on the sugar intake, but I think I'm going to have a small allowance just to see if it helps to make my skull feel like it isn't about to split open. If that works, I'll be available for challenges; I'll update this post or reply to the thread in an hour if that's the case.
    I may or may not be available. I'm having to catch up on paperwork and reading some stuff on biomechanics for a meeting tomorrow. Plus I'm on call, so I might have to go into the hospital if the decide they need a resident to come in.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I may or may not be available. I'm having to catch up on paperwork and reading some stuff on biomechanics for a meeting tomorrow. Plus I'm on call, so I might have to go into the hospital if the decide they need a resident to come in.
    Understood. If this snack works, then I know what the problem is and will have no issues for the majority of the week. And if you have to disconnect during the battle, I get that life happens.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Looks like the skull-shattering headache has subsided! I'm on tonight, probably either breeding Squirtles or getting back into fighting shape for my gym, if anyone wants to challenge for the Carapace badge.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Looks like the skull-shattering headache has subsided! I'm on tonight, probably either breeding Squirtles or getting back into fighting shape for my gym, if anyone wants to challenge for the Carapace badge.
    Glad you're feeling better! Unfortunately, I won't be on much if at all tonight. Just had a patient admitted to the hospital, and I have a lot of paperwork to catch up on.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Glad you're feeling better! Unfortunately, I won't be on much if at all tonight. Just had a patient admitted to the hospital, and I have a lot of paperwork to catch up on.
    Ah, understood. Here's to their speedy recovery, then!
    Last edited by Quietus; 2014-06-03 at 08:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, understood. Here's to their speedy recovery, then!
    What's your schedule for this week looking like?

05107-66614
    62592-54117

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

What's your schedule for this week looking like?
    Depends, I appear to be getting hit with one health thing after another. Tonight is booked regardless - making sheppard's pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and then date night if I'm still conscious. Tomorrow I'm going to the dentist, may be on in the evening if I'm not too groggy. Don't think I have plans for Friday or Saturday currently.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Depends, I appear to be getting hit with one health thing after another. Tonight is booked regardless - making sheppard's pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and then date night if I'm still conscious. Tomorrow I'm going to the dentist, may be on in the evening if I'm not too groggy. Don't think I have plans for Friday or Saturday currently.
    Maybe I'll catch you tomorrow, then.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

@Rezzy or anyone else:

I'm firing up my 3DS now while I finish my pasta and work on a D&D character, so if anyone wants to try for the Terra Badge send me a battle request. 6v6 singles.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

@Rezzy or anyone else:

I'm firing up my 3DS now while I finish my pasta and work on a D&D character, so if anyone wants to try for the Terra Badge send me a battle request. 6v6 singles.
    Sorry about the DC, be back on in a sec.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

I should be available most of today or tomorrow, given warning.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about the DC, be back on in a sec.
    Congratulations on your fancy new badge. Good match, even if I played pretty stupid there.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

I should be available most of today or tomorrow, given warning.
    I could have my second go at the Normal Gym, if you like. Same format as last time?

And good match JPiL!

Our match 883W-WWWW-WWW7-QXGF

EDIT:
    Congratulations on your fancy new badge. Good match, even if I played pretty stupid there.
    I was debating as to whether to use Surf or Extrasensory on that Nidoking. I picked Surf, then remembered you had that Gastrodon.
    Last edited by Sylthia; 2014-06-07 at 04:12 PM.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

I could have my second go at the Normal Gym, if you like. Same format as last time?
    Okay. Now works? Yeah, same format. My team's set up, ready when you are.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-06-07 at 04:36 PM.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Okay. Now works? Yeah, same format. My team's set up, ready when you are.
    Sure, let me set up real quick.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Good win - two counters and a prediction game.

(if I'd used Magic Coat instead of Recover that would have been very different)
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Good win - two counters and a prediction game.

(if I'd used Magic Coat instead of Recover that would have been very different)
    Thanks for the badge, good match!

05107-66614
    62592-54117

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hopping online now for anyone looking to battle or trade, finally getting the time and ability to relax a little.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Hopping online now for anyone looking to battle or trade, finally getting the time and ability to relax a little.
    I'd like to challenge the Bug Gym, if I could.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'd like to challenge the Bug Gym, if I could.
    Sure thing, just give me a moment to finish something up and I'll send you a challenge.