New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Nice battle! Couple of lucky bits in there for me - the Flame Body on Metagross comes to mind - but man. SkarmBliss is irritating to deal with, I have no good mixed attackers.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Sure thing, just give me a moment to finish something up and I'll send you a challenge.
    Well, you beat me pretty thoroughly there. I'll have to challenge again. Does the next week begin tomorrow? Or is it a seven day thing?

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Well, you beat me pretty thoroughly there. I'll have to challenge again. Does the next week begin tomorrow? Or is it a seven day thing?
    I don't remember offhand, I think it was a seven day thing but I suspect we're more sticking to the spirit of "no constant rematches" rather than the letter of the law. And yeah, I had a few pokes that were well suited to fighting your team.. and a couple that didn't even make it out of the gate. Your Stealth Rock could have caused a lot of problems, I was leaning hard on Volcarona there.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Any Gym Leaders up for a challenge today?

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Any Gym Leaders up for a challenge today?
    Yes, but you already beat me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Any gym leader is able to get a battle in the next 4 hours? I finally finished training my team, so consider me a new challenger who approaches!

Pokemon Y(Afo) an Alpha Sapphire (Al)
    Friend Code: 4656-7012-2957
    Friend safari: lilipup, loudred, ditto
    Available pokemon for trade: Follow the link.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elhann View Post
    Any gym leader is able to get a battle in the next 4 hours? I finally finished training my team, so consider me a new challenger who approaches!
    What's your team (needs to be registered here)?

I'm up for it.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'm online now, catching some heart scales then beginning a five-step breed chain.

9. - Top - End - #129

ElfRangerGuy

I have Absol, Gardevoir, Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel and Volcarona.

So you both can abuse any battle that's not a 6v6 singles.

I'll edit my wiki page later this evening. Going online, so you can send a challenge with your desired battle format.
    Last edited by Elhann; 2014-06-08 at 12:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'll edit my wiki page later this evening. Going online, so you can send a challenge with your desired battle format.
    Good news for you is I run 6v6 singles. =P

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

All right. Sending my Normal team against you - put five in your party or Battle Box, we do consecutive 1v1s in the order selected, best three of five.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #132

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    All right. Sending my Normal team against you - put five in your party or Battle Box, we do consecutive 1v1s in the order selected, best three of five.
    OK, I'm on it.

EDIT: I'd better set the level to 50 for everyone .
    Last edited by Elhann; 2014-06-08 at 12:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Fun fight, Elhann! Your Garchomp really had me worried there - I was considering superpower off my Scizor there, I think you would have outsped and OHKOed me.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

OK, I'm on it.
    50-all, not open. End, retry. Also, fixed-order - you use things in the order you've got them in your party.

EDIT: Is this really so hard to understand? You pick five. Not six, five. You put them in the party. You use them in consecutive 1v1s, IN THE ORDER THEY ARE IN YOUR PARTY. Not however you like. This is not complicated. What are our regulations on breaking the rules as set out before the battle?
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-06-08 at 01:01 PM.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #135

ElfRangerGuy

50-all, not open. End, retry. Also, fixed-order - you use things in the order you've got them in your party.

EDIT: Is this really so hard to understand? You pick five. Not six, five. You put them in the party. You use them in consecutive 1v1s, IN THE ORDER THEY ARE IN YOUR PARTY. Not however you like. This is not complicated. What are our regulations on breaking the rules as set out before the battle?
    Ah, sorry, I didn't read this message (because my room -where I have my computer- has not the ideal wifi connection for the DS) and was entering my mons pretty much at a random order. Still, if you want the final match, I was going to enter my Absol.

Failing that, I'm up for a full rematch following this rules.

Again, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus
    Fun fight, Elhann! Your Garchomp really had me worried there - I was considering superpower off my Scizor there, I think you would have outsped and OHKOed me.
    Well, I was lucky with the pin missile failing twice in a row. And I should have removed my Volcarona, but I risked it against Crustle thinking that a +1 Flamethrower should have been enough against a Stealth Rocked Crustle. Well, fun game anyway, and I'll be better prepared for the rematch, whenever it happens.
    Last edited by Elhann; 2014-06-08 at 01:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, sorry, I didn't read this message (because my room -where I have my computer- has not the ideal wifi connection for the DS) and was entering my mons pretty much at a random order. Still, if you want the final match, I was going to enter my Absol.

Failing that, I'm up for a full rematch following this rules.

Again, sorry
    Full rematch, in a minute - battling someone else.

It was stated in the original message too, by the way.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-06-08 at 01:11 PM.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

I might be up for challenges in a few hours when I get off work. I'll let you know.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

18. - Top - End - #138

ElfRangerGuy

Full rematch, in a minute - battling someone else.

It was stated in the original message too, by the way.
    Well, congrats on the victory. Scarfed ditto against my poor garchomp... not pretty

19. - Top - End - #139
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm off today and Tuesday, so I can potentially take challenges. And if any leaders I haven't beaten yet are around, I'd be up for some battles.
    Jude P.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I'm off today and Tuesday, so I can potentially take challenges. And if any leaders I haven't beaten yet are around, I'd be up for some battles.
    I likely won't be available until later this week, but I still need to challenge the Fire Gym, I believe.

Since no one has taken Ghost type yet, I may try putting together a Ghost type gym. It might be a while before I have it ready, though.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

21. - Top - End - #141

I likely won't be available until later this week, but I still need to challenge the Fire Gym, I believe.
    Hmm. I have work Wednesday, plan to visit a friend Thursday, possibly overnight. Might be able to do Friday evening if it's not too late. Then work Saturday and Sunday, but I should be free in the evenings this weekend.
    Jude P.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. I have work Wednesday, plan to visit a friend Thursday, possibly overnight. Might be able to do Friday evening if it's not too late. Then work Saturday and Sunday, but I should be free in the evenings this weekend.
    Friday might work. My wife and I are traveling this weekend, but haven't decided if we're leaving Friday night or Saturday morning.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

23. - Top - End - #143

Sounds good. Let me know in a few days, I guess.
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

I would also like to do a Ghost team (but have no progress yet).
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Friday might work. My wife and I are traveling this weekend, but haven't decided if we're leaving Friday night or Saturday morning.
    In that case, what say that since I made you wait nearly a week to challenge for the Carapace Badge, we call the grace period done with and get your rematch in before the weekend hits? Outside of cooking and generally being a responsible adult, I don't think I have a whole lot planned this week.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Since no one has taken Ghost type yet, I may try putting together a Ghost type gym. It might be a while before I have it ready, though.
    You haven't challenged me yet, if I recall correctly. I'm at "home" now so my connection should be stable over here. I'm available for the next little while, but I'm as rusty as all Hells.

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    You haven't challenged me yet, if I recall correctly. I'm at "home" now so my connection should be stable over here. I'm available for the next little while, but I'm as rusty as all Hells.
    I haven't battled you either, I think. You around?
    Jude P.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    I'm pretty busy today, but could try maybe later this week.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

29. - Top - End - #149

ElfRangerGuy

I haven't battled you either, I think. You around?
    Hey nop, do you think you'll be available in the next couple of hours or so?
    If you can, I'd like to challenge either of your gyms.
    Last edited by Elhann; 2014-06-10 at 01:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

Hey nop, do you think you'll be available in the next couple of hours or so?
    If you can, I'd like to challenge either of your gyms.
    I'm currently calling a half a dozen departments at three schools to work out what I'm doing in the fall, but yeah, should be available soon.
    Jude P.