New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Thanks.

Two things of note:
    1: I love that Kabutops. Never works as well the second time around, though.
    2: Is that a non-Kalos Gardevoir? I thought it only got Hyper Voice by tutor. How many IVs are you sacrificing for that?
    3: Team shuffle imminent, after that loss, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the training in time for the weekend. That's the rule, right? One switch per loss?
    Yes, to number two. It was bred by another Playgrounder here, who I can't remember at the moment. He had been taking requests for Gen V breedings a while back, I think I may have traded an Event Poke for it. Thankfully it's got 4IVs which was a lot more work before Gen VI.

I wish that Hyper Voice was an Egg move for Gardevoir, it's a staple for the Mega. Its ability is pretty much useless otherwise.

3DS Name: Rezzy, FC: 0104-0343-1530

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

Fire Emblem Fates Castle Address
    05107-66614
    62592-54117

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: The Giant League II: It's Super Effective! (Competitive Pokemon ITP)

Thanks.

Two things of note:
    1: I love that Kabutops. Never works as well the second time around, though.
    2: Is that a non-Kalos Gardevoir? I thought it only got Hyper Voice by tutor. How many IVs are you sacrificing for that?
    3: Team shuffle imminent, after that loss, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the training in time for the weekend. That's the rule, right? One switch per loss?
    I have vague memories of that Kabutops. If I'm correct in remembering what it did, then yes, that was interesting to fight against. I can see how it'd be limited in how well it performs later though. And yes, one switch per loss, and you can redo your entire team if you lose three battles consecutively.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezkeshdadesh View Post
    Yes, to number two. It was bred by another Playgrounder here, who I can't remember at the moment. He had been taking requests for Gen V breedings a while back, I think I may have traded an Event Poke for it. Thankfully it's got 4IVs which was a lot more work before Gen VI.

I wish that Hyper Voice was an Egg move for Gardevoir, it's a staple for the Mega. Its ability is pretty much useless otherwise.
    Oh god yes. I really hope ORAS gives us good move tutors, I'd love to have Hyper Voice on my Sylveon. And I'm sure I'd end up breeding another Volcarona if I could get Giga Drain on it.. though I may end up breeding for a shiny one eventually anyway. It's pretty.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    I have vague memories of that Kabutops. If I'm correct in remembering what it did, then yes, that was interesting to fight against. I can see how it'd be limited in how well it performs later though. And yes, one switch per loss, and you can redo your entire team if you lose three battles consecutively.

Oh god yes. I really hope ORAS gives us good move tutors, I'd love to have Hyper Voice on my Sylveon. And I'm sure I'd end up breeding another Volcarona if I could get Giga Drain on it.. though I may end up breeding for a shiny one eventually anyway. It's pretty.
    Hyper Voice is the only decent Special Normal type move I can think of off-hand. At least Physical types have easy access to Return. Or Frustration, but I've never seen anyone actually use that.

Lots of bred Pokemon, complete list on my Gym Leader Page of the Giant League Wiki, PM me if you'd like to trade for one.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hyper Voice is the only decent Special Normal type move I can think of off-hand. At least Physical types have easy access to Return. Or Frustration, but I've never seen anyone actually use that.
    I'm planning on running Frustration over Return where possible, just to annoy opposing scarf dittos. Pinsir in particular.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

I'm planning on running Frustration over Return where possible, just to annoy opposing scarf dittos. Pinsir in particular.
    I suppose that is one use. It just seems hard to not raise affection, just through the course of training them.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I suppose that is one use. It just seems hard to not raise affection, just through the course of training them.
    More accurately, I'm planning on finding a way to reduce affection at level 100. Trading is a good start, knocks it down to 70 immediately.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

More accurately, I'm planning on finding a way to reduce affection at level 100. Trading is a good start, knocks it down to 70 immediately.
    I guess you could force feed it a lot of those bitter herb things.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I guess you could force feed it a lot of those bitter herb things.
    Kind of the plan, yeah.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Do they sell those in XY?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Do they sell those in XY?
    Yeah, there's a place in Lumiose city I think.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Female if you please. I should be able to get on shortly, assuming I find my 3DS, I seem to have misplaced it.
    I've got it set aside for you. If you see me online and are ready to trade just send me a request.

Edit: I was rearranging my boxes and I happened to find a Phione with you as the OT. I must have traded you for it at some point and forgotten. Got any Mudkips with egg moves handy?
    Last edited by JustPlayItLoud; 2014-06-20 at 01:11 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    I've got it set aside for you. If you see me online and are ready to trade just send me a request.

Edit: I was rearranging my boxes and I happened to find a Phione with you as the OT. I must have traded you for it at some point and forgotten. Got any Mudkips with egg moves handy?
    I should have a spare Mudkip around, if not I can breed some this weekend.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

I might be up for a battle if someone can help me evolve the Seadra that I'm revising into my challenger team. Can't remember if I've lost three in a row - definitely two but I didn't modify after the first. Can I still use that swap?
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

I might be up for a battle if someone can help me evolve the Seadra that I'm revising into my challenger team. Can't remember if I've lost three in a row - definitely two but I didn't modify after the first. Can I still use that swap?
    I'll be on in a little bit. I'm not against a swap use, but I'm not in charge of the rules.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'll be on in a little bit. I'm not against a swap use, but I'm not in charge of the rules.
    I'm fine with using back-swaps, possibly for up to two pokemon at a time. Any more should require a full team swap.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

I'll try to check in periodically this evening, but will be playing Fire Emblem in the meantime.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

I'm fine with using back-swaps, possibly for up to two pokemon at a time. Any more should require a full team swap.
    If you have more than two swaps banked (and you haven't won since getting them), you've lost three times in a row, so you'd be allowed to change everything anyway. It works out nicely.

EDIT: I am officially swapping out Aerodactyl and Dragonite for Scolipede and Kingdra.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-06-22 at 08:31 PM.
    My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

I did it, so I would be kind of a jerk if I said you couldn't. I'm also online if you still need that Kingdra evo.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlayItLoud View Post
    I did it, so I would be kind of a jerk if I said you couldn't. I'm also online if you still need that Kingdra evo.
    Logging on now.

EDIT: Oh. Missed you.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-06-22 at 09:28 PM.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Logging on now.

I got you, didn't realize what you wanted at first. Kingdra tried to learn Hydro Pump by the way, but it looked like you had your moveset.. well, set, so I didn't forget anything for it.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Logging on now.

Sorry. Comcast. Ugh.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm back from con weekend. It was quite exhausting, but I'm up for battles today. I believe there was someone looking to challenge me?
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

23. - Top - End - #263
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Yeah, that'd be me, but I don't know how available you'll be when I can log in

Pokemon Y(Afo) an Alpha Sapphire (Al)
    Friend Code: 4656-7012-2957
    Friend safari: lilipup, loudred, ditto
    Available pokemon for trade: Follow the link.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

I'm up for challenging any leader as long as it's over-and-done within about half an hour of now (so starting reasonably nowish).
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-06-23 at 01:28 PM.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

If anyone's looking for the Carapace Badge, I'll be available tonight!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone's looking for the Carapace Badge, I'll be available tonight!
    Unrelated, but are you aware that the source of your avatar image returns a 404 error? I noticed your avatar hadn't been displaying for a while, so I finally checked the page source and copied the direct link to your avatar.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGuy

His avatar shows on mobile.
    3DS Friendcode: 3540-0727-1179
    Y IGN: Kenny
    X IGN: Lune
    Spoiler: Bred Pokemon
    Show
    Feebas, Squirtle, Absol, Furfrou, Drilbur

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

I'm up for challenging whoever. Be on in a minute, Quietus.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lpaulb116 View Post
    His avatar shows on mobile.
    It's a different one though. His old one was a red dragon type if memory serves.

05107-66614
    62592-54117

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

It's a different one though. His old one was a red dragon type if memory serves.
    Mobile doesn't show custom avatars. That's the last generic he set.

EDIT: Quietus, are you Edward ingame? What battle type?
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-06-23 at 08:56 PM.
    My Homebrew