New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: The blood of Oblivion

Rozaldin moves to a better position to shoot the drunk dark elf. He draws his bow and looses an arrow.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Move action: Moves to I9 and draws bow.
    Standard action: Fires attack.
    Attack: (1d20+10)[12]
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[6]
    Skirmish Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Crit Damage: (2d8+8)[20]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

you know "Grayskin" you are going to die here and I plan to make it look like you could not even defend yourself. I plan to make any skills you have fail you right here and now but before i kill you I plain to curse you and sap any hint of strength you thought you had disappear as he says this green ethereal roots appear start to circle around the Dunmer and restrict his movement

Nif hears this and looks sickoh great you are using "that" unpleasant ability

Spoiler: Njall
    Show
    swift action-Njall activates his curse ability save dc is 18 or take -5 penalty on armor class, saving throws, and weapon damage rolls. if he fails he still takes a -2. this stacks with Dark Companion
    as a move action he draws his sword
    attack roll (1d20+10)[12]
    damage roll (1d8+8)[16]

Spoiler: Nif
    Show
    he stands there and keeps up Dark Companion
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

The not so drunk dunmer dodge both blows, while the shackles still affect him.
    Somewhere in the tavern, you can ear someone shout "Someone call the guards"

"So that's how you you plan to play it ? And me who wanted to go gentle on you ..."

As he says so, fiery energy appears around his fists, and he launch three quick punches to Njall

(1d20+13)[19]
    (1d20+13)[22]
    (1d20+8)[9]
    (4d6+6)[22]
    (4d6+6)[26]
    (4d6+6)[19]

52 Nonlethal damages (counting the -5 from the curse)
    Last edited by Redi; 2014-07-21 at 05:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Silian sighs, and steps into position next to the dunmer. He closes his eyes, then they snap open and his sword whistles from its sheathe at the dunmer's side.

Show
    Move Action: Move to J8
    Free Action: Quickdraw Elven Courtblade
    Standard Action: Initiate Sapphire Nightmare Blade. If the Concentration check is successful, he is flat footed, allowing me to make and Iiajutsu Focus check for bonus damage (I'll post that in the OoC since the damage is dependent on my roll)
    Concentration: (1d20+14)[15] Inspiration boosted (5 points remaining)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+13)[31] Inspiration boosted (4 remaining), -2 if the Concentration check doesn't hit his AC
    Critical Confirmation: (1d20+9)[20], -2 if the Concentration check doesn't hit his AC
    Damage: (1d10+13)[19] Inspiration boosted (3 remaining)
    Critical Damage: (1d10+26)[30]
    Sapphire Nightmare Blade Damage: [rol]1d6[/roll]
    Iiajutsu Focus check: (1d20+17)[29] Inspiration boosted (2 points remaining)

If the attack misses, I've only spent 2 points (damage and IF never get rolled). I'm just putting them all here so I don't have to make 3 posts.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

The blade go through the air with great speed. The dunmer first looks amused seeing the blade missing him. He then realise what has happended. His left arm fall on the ground with a squishy sound, and you can see a look of horror appearing on his face.
    "Who the hell are you ?" he mumbles. He then fall on the ground, dead.
    A patrol of imperials burst into the tavern, and they ask "What's happening down here ?". Seeing the dead body and Silian standing beside him with his weapon drawn, they draw their weapons and rush to him.
    "You are under arrest, resist arrest and there will be another dead body on the floor tonight."
    Last edited by Redi; 2014-07-22 at 12:07 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Silian sighs. He sheathes his blade in a single motion and turns to the guard.
    My apologies for the mess, but this man assaulted my colleague. I was trained to strike to protect the innocent, and I did so. I regret that my blow proved fatal, but this man was clearly a danger to society.

Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+14)[28]

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #67

nif mutters to himselfwell that the first i've ever seen him go down in a bar fight and without even touching the man he wnt be happy when he wakes up. he fluffs up his feathers oh well lets see if i can get Silian out of trouble he turns to the guards and lands on sillian shoulder he is telling the truth ask anyone here and they will say that the dunmer started it better yet ask my friend who is currently on the floor when he wakes up he will back up the fact that the dunmer started it and ended up dead because of it

Spoiler: aid another
    Show
    (1d20+3)[6]

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

The guards ask around to confirm your story. Once they did so, they release you and embark the dead body.
    "Follow me outside", the guard commands. "The poor man's didn't had any family or friends in town, so take this as a reparation for your friend's injury"
    The guard hands you a golden necklace, representing a fist. The necklace glows faintly in the night, proving his magic nature.
    "Be careful though, now i know your face and the next time something like this happens i won't be so gentle. Try to keep the guy alive when it's just a tavern brawl, you caused quite a mess tonight."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Silian bows.
    Of course, good sir. I will find a stick to use next time instead of my blade.
    Silian returns to the bar. He looks at Rozaldin
    Well, that was a regrettable first day in Morrowind. Anything you can do to wake him up?
    He gestures to the unconscious Nord with the raven.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Looks like the Nord and I have some catching up to do if we hope to be of any use in the journey ahead. I must be rusty considering the time it has been since I've last fired a bow. As for our Nord friend here, I think I know something that will wake him up.

Rozaldin kicks the nord softly at first, slowly increasing the velocity and saying his name until he comes to.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Silian looks Rozaldin in the eye.
    If he had seen my blade coming, my blow would have been merely a scratch. It was the distraction posed by you two that allowed me to strike true.
    And then Rozaldin starts kicking the poor fellow. Silian has to chuckle at that. He looks around the bar.
    Does anyone here know any healing magic for our friend here? I have some coin I can pay with.

Show
    Diplomacy, if needed: (1d20+14)[22]
    And yes, I do enjoy using that modifier

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #72

nif looks at Rozaldin antics and begins to laughhahahahaha he will not be happy when he wakes up i feel sorry for the next person who tries something. HEY ICE BRAIN WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

The bartender looks at the unconscious nord "Here, let me help you." He fills up a bucket of iced water, and pour it over Njall's head.
    After a few minutes, Njall wakes up, feeling some pain in his jaw, but nothing seems broken.

14. - Top - End - #74

Njall looks around groggy and touches his jawby the divines what happened the last thing i remember is marking someone after that it just goes black and why does my body hurt so much

nif flys onto Njall shoulder and says Well lest see you tried to talk big, used an unpleasant power, tried to swing your sword although it looked more like a 5 year old swinging a stick and last but not least you got knocked on your rearend by that guy over there. He is dead now thanks to Silian so all in all you got taken out like a milkdringer not a good way to start an adventure at all.

Njall grimaces and mutters to himself gods this reminds me of before and i don't like it one bit

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Take it easy. That was quite a blow you suffered, friend.
    Silian takes a seat, now on the other side of Njall.
    This happens to you often?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Rozaldin takes a seat on the other side of Njall.

Glad you're okay friend, that was quite a hit you took. By the way, I'm beginning to like your pet more and more. He has quite the sharp tongue.

Rozaldin chuckles a bit before turning to Silian.

I never did thank you back there. Glad we have someone sturdy to rely on in the coming journey.

He looks back at Njall.

Now, when you are feeling better, I would also like to know what has happened to you before?

17. - Top - End - #77

Njall sighsI'm referring to back when i was the runt that was not expected to succeed, back when i was powerless and was looked down down upon. I thought that getting power would solve all that he laughs bitterlyguess not. I bet you getting a kick out of this aren't you nif

you dang right i am. It anit often you get knocked on your rearend and i intend to rub it in he then turns to Rozaldin thank you at least someone enjoys my personality

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Silian stretches his arms and yawns.
    Well, I for one could do with some rest. God night, gentlemen.
    He stands, pay the barkeep, and heads for a room t get some shut eye.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Nif, keep up the good work. A little humor goes a long way in the success of a journey.

Rozaldin turns to Silian

Good night Silian. I think I'm off to bed also. Good night Njall and Nif. See you boys tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #80

im going to go take a walk ill see yall in the morning

oh great he is going to go sulk for a few hours and i will have to listen to him whine "great"

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Njall takes a walk outside with no further incident, and he then come back to the tavern to sleep. You three share a room.

First a faint light, pale barely tearing apart the darkness of the night.
    The the light come, diffuse, reassuring, monochrome. For you, once again, the dream is about to begin.
    You enter the familiar landscape, the sinuous trail, the ocher dust with sulfur scent.
    However, you seem to ear an eerie whisper and the colors are darker than usually.
    You then take your slow ascent, looking for the obsidian hawk to come. Soon, you ear the familiar beating of the wings.
    The whisper is now a moaning, and the light begin to fade out.
    The obsidian hawk finally appears, but something is wrong.
    His wings are tattered and his eyes are replaced by pearls of blood, while the moaning become more audible. This is not a moaning, it's screams, screams of pain, synchronized into a unholy incantatory chant ... And there's more, a gigantic shadow, SOMETHING, entered the dream.
    Suddenly, the landscape explode, and you wake up.

First thing : You are not in the tavern anymore, along with 10 persons. You all look surprised in your sleep, wearing your night clothing. Or lack of clothing.

Suddenly, an eerie melody, cruel and naive resound.
    "One two three, here come the new beauty
    Four five six, ready for the styx
    Seven eight nine, ready for the pain"

A few meters away from you, someone just died. you feel the splash of blood and brain on you, while an spidery figure makes his way out of the darkness : six bones legs, a huge spine, a torso and two guantly arms, with a monstrous ghouly head on the top.

The creature screams : "One two three, who wants to play with me ?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll initiative.
    Note you are without any equipment.
    Last edited by Redi; 2014-08-05 at 08:03 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

The creature strikes another dreamer, slashing him open.
    You feel the splash of blood on you, and you ear the gruesome cry of death.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Silian puts his fists up, and positions himself between the monster and Rozaldin, taking a defensive stance.
    This does not look promising.

Show
    5ft step to P35, Full Defense Action. Designate Stance of Clarity onto the enemy. Spending a point of Inspiration on Cunning Defense
    AC = 21 against the monster, 14 against anything else.
    Knowledge to ID : (1d20+5)[25] (They all have the same bonus, so I'll use one roll for them all instead of typing out 6 rolls)
    EDIT: Subtract 1 from that. Forgot I lost my headband
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2014-08-11 at 08:20 AM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: To kelderath
    Show
    Some legend says there exist, in the realm of dreams, ghoul-like creature called to ghuraghastas. They are fierce warriors, capable of paralyzing their opponents with their bites and their claws.
    They also inspire fear around them, and are particularly deadly against living creatures.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Beware! It is a dream beast called a guraghasta! A single blow can render you paralyzed, so try not to get hit!

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #86

Njall looks at the beast and growlsfirst i get knocked out cold by some guy in the bar and now when i try to get some sleep i get attacked by some dream beast can the night get any worse and don't say anything nif because if you do im throwing you at it!!!!!!

Nif hears this and smiles what all i was going to say is that every time some one says that something worse always happens

how i wish you weren't right about that. as he says this his eyes start to glow green and green thorns start to appear on his left arm

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    ready action to curse target if he moves more then 10 ft close to me or my allies

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

This is not quite what I expected when I learned we were traveling to a mountain for our quest. Fights in real life, most likely, fights in our dreams? And on top of it, this doesn't look too good.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rozaldin takes a defensive stance.
    AC is now 20
    Activate cunning defense
    AC is now 23

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

"I'm sorry to confirm the saying of you raven, but things are indeed getting worse" says a tall bulky human. "Grab weapons, and fight for you life" he continues, grabbing a two handed sword that was laying around.
    His words makes sense as you see six other creature emerging from the shadows of the cavern.

Meanwhile, the creature continues his deadly dance, decapitating another dreamer.
    "You can't say slaughter without laughter" shouts the creature, while laughing manically.

"We're doomed" says simply another human, more frail the first one, grabbing a mace, incantating a spell.
    Suddenly, you feel more confident and able to fight

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    the second human is casting bless.
    Battle map updated, also, forgot the creatures were large, changed this.
    Last edited by Redi; 2014-09-15 at 03:27 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Silian moves like lightning, swiping a pair of daggers from the ground as he charges towards one of the newcomers. As he picks them up, he hurls one at the beast, his mind clearing for the shot.

Show
    Move to K9 (M11->L11->K10->K9 to avoid attacks of opportunity), picking up 2 daggers along the way.
    Throw a dagger at the K4 enemy using iiajutsu focus.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[24]
    Crit: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (1d4+7)[9]
    Crit: (1d4+7)[9]
    Iiajutsu Focus: (1d20+14)[31]
    IF damage in the OoC thread

Shadeblight by KennyPyro