New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IC: Bushi Arena

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default IC: Bushi Arena

It is like waking into a dream. The first think you notice is the bright sun, high in the cloudless sky. You don't know how you got here, or when, but your life is in danger and your weapon already in hand.

Kakita Akima and Ichiro Funaki find themselves in a small clean room with tatami floors and rice paper walls. The pale haired Kakita warrior is dressed in a decorative Yugata tucked into a matching blue Hakama. The Badger woman who stands across from her stands in stark contrast, tall and well muscled with short dark hair and equally dark eyes. Rolled Futon line the far Western wall, maybe 15 total. Though the room is otherwise bare, you notice the plaster and wooden ceiling is low, such that overhead swings would be impossible. The Eastern wall of the building is open, the shoji walls removed to reveal a porch overlooking a garden where two other figures stand.

Bayushi Otoshi and Tsuruchi Reina face each other in the garden, their weapons ready. The garden is made up of a large grass field. Pale orchids of purple and yellow, line the porch of the Koya. Far to the East and North are a large river or stream with running water, it's rush the only sound in this otherwise silent dreamscape. Several tall willows scatter throughout the garden, but gather most densely near the water, where their low canopies and shallow roots disturb the ground. Bayushi stands in his crimson armor, his painted Oni mask leering at the Tsuruchi archer.

Spoiler: For all players
    Show
    Round 1: Please select a stance and roll for initiative. Sorry Alchemyst, but I didn't see a character description anywhere. Please feel free to describe what your character's stance looks like. Also, please specify what weapon your character has drawn (each player starts with one weapon drawn and ready)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: IC: Bushi Arena

Before we start, a couple of things: firstly, how far are we from each other? and do stances affect bows? (also, what is the penalty for using the yumi inside the yoda?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ichiro Funaki hefts her Ono. She bows to her opponent, then begins to center herself.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Bayushi Otoshi stands resplendent in his armor amidst the flowers of the garden. He brings his yumi up, an arrow already knocked and aims at his opponent briefly before firing off an arrow. He lightly chuckles behind his mask at the thought of engaging a master archer at his own game.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bayushi Otoshi will begin with his bow out and in the Attack stance. Regardless of whether or not he beats his opponent's initiative, he'll snap off a shot at the wasp archer.

Attack with Yumi (exploding dice will be rolled in OOC thread) (4k3): (4d10)[3][9][8][7](27)

Edit - looks like another 24, I'll spend a void point to hit my opponent (d10 roll for void point spent is in OOC thread.

Edit2 - so the void die adds another 18 to that attack roll bringing it to 42. If that hits, I'll roll damage.

Edit3 - Also, I'm going to be out of town until late Monday evening, my apologies in advance.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2014-05-23 at 12:15 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kakita Akima examines de hulking woman infront of her, atleast a full head taller than herself, she sees the bow, and bows back with a flourish, as expected of the crane.
    However as soon as she does this she instantly knocks a willow leaf arrow on her bow, and with flowing movementents positions herself at the End of the Oya, aims, and fires.
    Last edited by Menelcar; 2014-05-23 at 04:55 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack stance, move back 10 feet as free action, fire a a willow leaf arrow as complex action
    7k4 (1d10)[5] (1d10)[7] (1d10)[3] (1d10)[9] (1d10)[8] (1d10)[1] (1d10)[8]

32 vs TN 25 = hit

Damage roll on OOC
    Last edited by Menelcar; 2014-05-23 at 06:18 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Before even the first shot was fired the Tsuruchi woman bowed at the waist before the Bayushi man before her. However once both she and her opponent had readied themselves the time for words ran thin and the time to prove why she was able to wield a yumi as big as she effortlessly. In one fluid motion an arrow found itself notched and flying through the air, guided only by the will of itself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Stance
    I'll take the first 8 as actual rolls, the following 4 as extras in case of 10s.
    8k3 [26] vs TN 25
    (12d10)[7][4][2][7][8][10][5][2][1][1][6][8](61), so that 10 becomes an 11.
    Damage, willow 4k2 [15]
    (6d10)[9][6][2][6][9][6](38)
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2014-05-24 at 02:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The Badger Warrior doesn't even blink as the arrow hits, barely penetrating her armor.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kakita Akima bows to her opponent, the tomboyish Badger warrior. As she begins her bow, she notices the yumi in her left hand, and the quiver of arrows in her right. A small smile creeps on her face as she begins to rise, instantly notching a willow leaf arrow and firing at close range. There is little time for Ichiro to react, but she is able to turn her shoulder over so that the arrow punches into her shoulder guard. The meat of Ichiro's shoulder stings and blood begins to trickle down her sleeve. When she looks again, the Crane warrior has already jumped back to the other side of the small wooden room. Her hopes of luring the Crane into close quarters, thwarted. She does well to hide her pain and disappointment, barely even grimacing.

Spoiler: Spoiler for Menclar and Feather
    Show
    Ichiro takes 18 damage (23-5) unless you want to use a void point to reduce the damage. With an Earth ring of 2, this would otherwise leave Ichiro "Grazed" with TN modifier of 5.

Out in the Garden, Tsuruchi Reina bowed to her opponent, a Scorpion warrior who also clutched a Yumi. Her instincts were faster, and her skills with the bow unparalleled. The Mantis woman's arrow was released with a twang before Bayushi had even notched his own. Unfortunately, the Scorpion was turned sideways, in the act of firing his own arrow, and Reina's shot missed his heart, instead skimming across the unprotected underside of the man's forearm. Tsuruchi's arrow ricocheted, leaving nothing more than a deep cut. Bayushi released his own arrow which flew just past the Mantis' ear.

Spoiler: For Deadline and Alchemyst
    Show
    Tsuruchi does 12 damage (15-3). This brings Bayushi into the high end of Healthy, since his Earth ring is 3. A void point can be spent to lower damage if you choose Deadline.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2014-05-25 at 12:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

A look of pride mixed with sorrow crossed over the gal watching her arrow find its mark upon her target. A short victory, But the emotion only played upon her visage as quickly as she could place another one of her beloved projectiles into the air. It wasn't enough for her to continue the offensive, the Tsuruchi woman backed away from the dangers of the blade that her opponent also carried.

Spoiler
    Show
    I has a picture that matches my mental image! Well... the below doesn't have the arm band of the Tsuruchi clan's symbol upon her left forearm.
    Standing at a full 4'9" and not even 100lb soaking wet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack Stance, move back max possible distance, fire.
    As per usual, first 8 are taken as actual rolls, last 4 are for 10s.
    8k2 [32] vs TN 25 (unmodified)
    (12d10)[3][5][8][9][4][6][2][10][5][5][10][1](68)
    <EDIT>A 10 at the very end. Cutting it close there, don't you think, Dice Gods?</EDIT>
    4k2 [16] Willow Leaf arrow
    (6d10)[8][8][7][5][1][8](37)

13 Willow Leaf remaining
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2014-05-24 at 11:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: IC: Bushi Arena

Attakita Akima smiles a sly smile as the projectile hits home, a light wound, but first blood none the less. Akima watches as the badger warrior does not even move, standing her ground with here ono on attack stance

"Fool, did you think I would simply get in reach of such a clumsy weapon?, when a kakita first strikes in melee, a kakita strikes last"

She does not voice he thoughts however, instead she remains silent as she notches, draws, and fires another arrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack stance, remain in position, attack with a Willow Leaf arrow
    Attack roll 7k4 (4k4 reflex + 3k0 kyujutsu 3) vs TN 25
    (7d10)[1][7][9][2][5][6][3](33)
    27 vs TN 25 = hit
    Damge in OOC
    Last edited by Menelcar; 2014-05-26 at 01:51 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ichiro grins at the haughty Crane noble and swings her mighty axe in eerie serenity.

Spoiler
    Show
    enter into attack stance and close distance(7d10)[1][5][1][9][5][1][5](27)
    If explodes
    (7d10)[3][8][6][8][5][9][4](43)

if successfull,
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d10)[18]
    if explodes (4d10)[25]

results in OoC
    GNU Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yes, Otoshi will spend a void point to negate 10 points of damage from the first attack. Also, if necessary, he will do the same for the second attack (does the Tsuruchi keep 2 or 3 on her attack? Because she misses if she keeps 2 as she gets a total of 24, not 32). She has an agility of 2, so I'm not sure how she is keeping 3 dice? What am I missing Alchemyst?

Assuming both arrows hit, Otoshi will be sitting at 6 total damage after reduction and void point negation.

The grinning Oni mask he wears makes the Bayushi Otoshi appear all the more otherworldly as the Tsuruchi arrows fail to find any vital mark. As the small woman backs away, Otoshi easily keeps pace with her. He calls out to her, "Where are you running to, little wasp? The gardens are quite lovely, there is a peacefulness here that would suit you for years to come." The scorpion bushi stalks towards her, his bow held ready, yet his body tensed to spring out of the direction of the archer's deadly arrows.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move closer to Tsuruchi. We have the same Water Ring, so the distance should remain the same, or be reduced as she's small, which used to mean she was slower (I don't have my book in front of me to see if that's still the case, it may just be a penalty to melee damage now).
    Action: Defense roll (4k3) (4d10)[3][3][3][1](10)
    Dice roll for any exploding dice (taken in order from left to right): (5d10)[3][5][10][6][7](31)
    Edit - So Bayushi's TN to be hit should now be 34
    Last edited by Deadline; 2014-05-27 at 10:04 AM.

Signature of Holding

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kakita Akima watches as the Badger warrior closes on her, hefting her Ono, one strike from the mighty weapon and the fight might as well be over, however she would make sure it bever got there.

She waits untill the badger woman is right on top of her, and then suddenly drops the bow, and in ine fluid movement draws and swings her weapon in a deadly strike aimed at the womans throat.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack stance
    drop bow as free action, draw katana as free action, take step foward to get into range as free action.
    Attack with katana as complex action

Use void point to attack and add a damage raise
    9k5 (3k3 agility + 4k0 kenjutsu + 2k2 void point)
    Note that I get 2k2 when spending void points thanks to my school technique
    9k5 vs TN 30 (25 + 5 from damage raise)

Roll (9d5)[5][1][3][1][1][5][1][1][4](22)

In case of exoding dice (9d5)[1][5][1][1][1][1][4][2][5](21)

Edit, I rolled 9d5 instead of 9d10
    I will rerrol in OOC
    Last edited by Menelcar; 2014-05-28 at 05:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: To all- but mainly Menclar
    Show
    I'm going to incorporate only Round 2 results into this post- so Menclar's last post will not be included. Sorry for the tardiness

Kakita Akima had moved up against the wall and was notching another arrow. The Ichiro bushi had shrugged off her first arrow with remarkable grit, barely even showing signs of pain. The Crane warrior let loose her second shot, but the Badger had the hang of blocking arrows now. Ichiro charged forward as the arrow approached her and this time turned her shoulder plate harder. Akima's arrow bounced with a dull gong like noise and deflected into the the low wooden ceiling. With a loud Kiai, Ichiro Funaki pounded down the tatami towards her opponent. There would be no escape for the little Crane woman this time! But there would be plenty of time for Kakita Akima to ready herself as the Badger charged her.

Spoiler: At Feather and Menclar
    Show
    Kakita's arrow hits but does no damage against Ichiro's large wedding. Using simple actions Bayushi is able to cover the entire distance.

Tsuruchi Reina felt a rush of exhilaration as she let fly her second arrow. The Scorpion was in a defensive stance, his bow held well out in front of him horizontal with the ground. The arrow was again aimed for Bayushi's chest, but with a whack, The Scorpion was able to deflect the missile downward. With a sucking motion, the arrow bounced off of Bayushi Otoshi's thigh leaving another gash. Reina stumble backwards, trying to put more distance between herself and the Scorpion. The Red Warrior cackled, "Where are you running to, little wasp? The gardens are quite lovely, there is a peacefulness here that would suit you for years to come." He charged forward, covering the distance between himself and the Tsuruchi with ease.

Spoiler: At Deadline and Alch
    Show
    So there were a couple of assumptions I made about this. I am assuming Bayushi was in the Defense Stance. This means the TN to hit him was 25+3=28. Tsuruchi's arrow still hits doing 16 damage with 3 reduction=13 damage. Bayushi spends another void point. Having taken 2 damage from the first attack this means Bayushi has taken at total of 5 damage (not 6 unless I missed something). Reina is small so she is able to move in her free action 5 feet (she is small so Air ring counts as 1) leading to a total distance of 15 ft. Since Bayushi cannot attack I am assuming he uses at least one simple actions to cover distance. One simple action allows him to cover up to 20ft, meaning he would still have a single simple action. Deadline I will allow you to use this second simple action before your next turn... say to draw a melee weapon.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2014-05-28 at 08:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ichiro swings her mighty axe!

Spoiler
    Show
    (6d10)[2][6][7][10][3][2](30)
    Spoiler
    Show
    for explodes (6d10)[1][7][3][5][1][1](18)

Damages
    [rollv]4d10[rollv]
    Spoiler
    Show
    for explodes (4d10)[6][3][5][7](21)
    GNU Terry Pratchett

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"No where." Sure, Reina could've continued to run away, but with the larger man on her heels retreat was all but pointless. Rather, the gal paused to find her center. Steadying her breathing, relaxing her tensed muscles, and calmed her beating heart--all to bring herself back into the moment and her mind to her training.

Spoiler
    Show
    Center stance, can't do jack this round

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Otoshi lets out a short bark of laughter at the Wasp's comment. "Very well," he says, before raising his blade in an attack stance and bringing it down in a killing stroke.

Show
    Attack Stance
    Attack with Katana (4k3): (4d10)[10][5][5][5](25)
    Spoiler: Exploding Dice, in order from left to right
    Show
    (4d10)[5][5][2][1](13)

Total: 25

Damage (6k2): (6d10)[8][5][7][5][1][7](33)
    Spoiler: Exploding Dice, in order from left to right
    Show
    (6d10)[4][6][10][8][4][10](42)

Total: 15
    Last edited by Deadline; 2014-06-01 at 10:49 AM.

Signature of Holding

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kakita Akima watched as the Badger woman charged towards her. Waiting until Ichiro Funaki was just close enough, the Crane dropped her Yumi, and lunged into a deft Nukitsuke aimed right at the giant's throat. The sudden attack caught Ichiro off guard, and caused her to turn and bend to avoid Kakita's blade. The katana drew sparks as it swept across the Fukigaeshi of the Badger's helmet, and while the sword was unable to pierce the helmet, it did cause a mighty ringing in Funaki's ears. Fumbling to catch her balance, the giant Ichiro swung down at the Crane warrior with her mighty Ono. But Akima had already lunged laterally, following her Iai style cut, and the giant axe drew nothing but splinters from the tatami flooring.

Spoiler: For Feather and Meneclar
    Show
    13 damage is dealt, Feather spends another void point to reduce by ten leading to 3 damage taken. Ichiro has a total of 11 damage, and is now nicked with a TN +3.

Tsuruchi Reina decided to change tactic as she watched the giant Scorpion Bushi closing in on her. "Nowhere", she responded to Bayushi's goading. Digging her sandals into the ground, Reina tried to calm herself and prepare for a killing blow. Bayushi drew his sword as he closed the last gap, raising it above his head in Jodan Kamae. The Scorpion brought his Katana down in a mighty blow, but Tsuruchi calmly stepped back so that his blade merely kissed her forearm, drawing a bright red gash of blood.

Spoiler: For Deadline and Alch
    Show
    Tsuruchi takes 2 points of damage after spending a void point to reduce the 12 dealt by Bayushi. She is still healthy

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kakita Akima dances along the huge Badger warrior, easily avoiding the huge Ono, and annoyed at the ammount of armor her opponent was wearing. Still, against an opponent as agile as herself it would only prove to be her undoing.

She centered herself in Chudan Kamae and lashed out again at her opponent. The lightning strike hits true, drawing on the floor.

"Lower your weapon, I do not wish to end your life" Speaks Kakita Akima whilst centering herself again for a third, finishing strike

Spoiler
    Show
    attack stance, simple attack

7k3 vs TN 25

Roll: (7d10)[6][2][8][10][5][1][9](41)

Exoding die: (7d10)[4][8][6][10][1][2][1](32)

Edit: 31 vs TN25 = hit, damage in OOC
    Last edited by Menelcar; 2014-06-02 at 06:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I offer you the same bargain, Crane-san
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack (8k4) (8d10)[10][6][3][1][6][8][8][10](52)
    Spoiler
    Show
    for explodes [roll]8d10[roll]
    Damage in Ooc
    GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Best you got?" The Tsuruchi woman taunted, stepping back and away from the blade. The scratch was nothing, she had had worse learning her bow and the will of the arrows. Little more than a smirk drew across her lips as the line of red dripped silently to the ground and another arrow found itself flying gracefully in the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move away a number of feet equal to Water -1, shift to attack stance and...
    Fire arrow at 8k3 [26] vs TN 25
    (8d10)[3][7][3][10][3][5][5][2](38)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (8d10)[4][5][1][3][10][2][4][2](31)

Damage 4k2 + (From Center Stance) 1k1 + Void [2] [17]
    (5d10)[6][4][5][5][6](26)
    Spoiler
    Show
    (5d10)[1][2][2][1][8](14)
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2014-06-02 at 09:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

The scorpion bushi narrows his eyes and responds quietly, "We are not in the habit of showing our hand so readily." He grunts in pain and surprise when the wasps latest arrow strikes home, and rushes back into range swinging his blade in a series of short sweeps at the wasp in an effort to ward off her shots.

Show
    Move to keep in melee range.
    Attack Stance
    Attack with Katana (4k3): (4d10)[2][10][2][9](23)
    Spoiler: Exploding dice, in order from left to right
    Show
    (4d10)[9][6][2][8](25)

Total: 30

Damage: (6k2) - (6d10)[6][5][4][3][8][4](30)
    Show
    (6d10)[4][4][5][9][5][6](33)

Total: 14
    Last edited by Deadline; 2014-06-03 at 04:52 PM.

Signature of Holding

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Kakita Akima pivoted to face her opponent, she transitioned into Chudan no Kame. Without fully winding up on her strike, the Crane woman makes a downward Kote (wrist) strike at the exposed inner forearm of the Badger warrior. Drawing on her years of training, Akima knows that this area is vulnerable even when wearing armor, and has many exposed blood vessels by which she hoped her opponent could ex-sagnuinate.

But the savvy Ichiro turned her wrist over as the cut came, using the banded armor of her forearm guard to absorb the blow. Kakita's weapons still bit into the Badger's flesh, but could not cause any severe damage. "Lower your weapon", spoke Akima already returning to Chudan, "I do not want to end your life".

"I offer you the same bargain, Crane-san", howled Ichiro Funaki. The Badger warrior turned her Ono over in a reckless sweep at Kakita's legs. The Crane Bushi tried to jump over and into this swipe, but found her rear leg bashed by the long handle of the axe grip and nearly tripped, landing awkwardly and rolling her ankle. But Ichiro was now far off balance from overcommitment to her attack.

Spoiler: For Menelcar and Feather
    Show
    Ichiro Funaki spends her last void point taking 5 more damage for a total of 16. This places her at grazed with a TN difficulty of +5. This makes her attack roll TN to hit 35. Because Feather is in Full attack, she has 8k4 (6k3+ 2k1). Even though Feather fumbled the exploding dice, the score before explosion is still 36, so Ichiro still hits.

Kakita Akima spends one void point to take a total of 10 damage after reduction. She is at the very limit of healthy.

Tsuruchi Reina instinctively drew another arrow as she darted back from the Scorpion warrior. "Is that the best you've got?", she taunted as drops of blood spattered the ground. Her third arrow struck Bayushi Otoshi in the gut, piercing his crimson Dou armor. The arrow lodged into his abdominal musculature, but failed to enter the bowel cavity. In his mask and armor, Bayushi Otoshi resembled some giant red Oni as he pressed forward. The Scorpion lunged in with a small Men (head/helmet) strike, as he chased after the little Wasp. The Katana failed to separate the hard armor, but instead knocked Reina's head sideways and almost knocked her off her feet. She staggered several steps backwards.

Spoiler: For Deadline and Alchemyst
    Show
    Bayushi Otoshi takes 14 damage and now has a total of 19 damage making him at the very end of nicked, unless a void point is spent. . In response, Tsuruchi Reina is dealt 11 damage after reduction giving her a total of 13 making her nicked unless a void point is spent.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"Well placed." Grunted the woman as she fluttered away, only to come flying back like the little wasp she was. Only it was not her body which took flight, but yet another arrow in the place of her stinger. "Shall we end this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength of the Earth mitigates the Nicked penalty to zero
    Move away a number of feet equal to Water -1, shift to attack stance and
    Fire arrow at 8k3 [44] vs TN 25
    (8d10)[8][2][5][5][8][10][1][2](41)
    Read left to right
    Spoiler
    Show
    (8d10)[10][8][8][9][5][5][3][3](51)

Damage 4k2 [12]
    (4d10)[6][6][5][1](18)
    Read left to right
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d10)[8][6][7][9](30)
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2014-06-04 at 01:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kakita Akima winced as she felt the pain shoot up from her ankle, however she quickly got up striked once again, lashing out aganst the Badger Warrior with a deadly attack hoping to exploit her opponent's momentary weakness.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack stance, standard attack, take one damage raise

7k3 vs TN 20 (25 - 10 for full attack + 5 for raise)

(7d3)[3][3][2][3][1][1][1](14)

for exploding dice (7d3)[1][1][3][2][3][2][1](13)

Edit: rolled 7d3 for the attack roll (7k3, so 7d3, stupid little me), so I will be rerolling in OOC with actual 10 sided die
    Last edited by Menelcar; 2014-06-04 at 02:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Bleeding from two well placed arrows, the scorpion bushi's movements are noticeably slowed. "I grow tired of this dance, let us finish it." He sweeps his blade in a wide arc, clearly aiming to deliver a devastating blow to the smaller archer.

Show
    Move to keep in melee range of Tsuruchi Reina
    Attack Stance
    Attack with Katana (4k3 vs. TN 35 (25 + 10 from wound penalties)): (4d10)[18]
    Show
    (4d10)[16]

Total:

Damage (5k2): (5d10)[28]
    Show
    [/roll]5d10[/roll]

Total:

Signature of Holding

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Kakita righted her balance, she rolls her Katana over her left shoulder before performing a horizontal throat cut with all her might. Ichiro's neck guard gives way with a crunch. A spurt of crimson showers Akima in warmth. Her blade had made it halfway through the giant warrior's neck before halting. Blood streamed down the Badger's neck and leaked from her mouth as she gave her final death sigh. Ichiro collapsed, taking Kakita's sword with her. It took Akima only a few moments to retrieve her sword and gather her courage.

Tsuruchi Reina fluttered backwards again as she readied another arrow. ""Well placed", she said, "shall we end this?". The Wasp's arrow took Bayushi Otoshi in the chest, above his Doumune with a thud. The arrow was too high reach the heart or it's major vessels, but did partially collapse the Scorpion's right lung and fill it with blood. Again the monstrous Bayushi charged after Reina, but he was slowed down by the pain and struggling to breath. ""I grow tired of this dance, let us finish it" the Scoprion growled as he cut downward with his Katana. The blade whizzed through the air till it hit dirt, sprinkling his feet with grime.

Spoiler: At Deadline and Alchemyst
    Show
    Bayushi is now hurt with 28 damage. TN is 10 as already noted by Deadline

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Just watching each of her arrows hit their deadly mark made the Tsuruchi woman wince. But their game of cat and mouse had yet to end. She still had a vicious opponent before her, and as such as forced to prance as far as her little feet would let her. "Lay your sword down, I wish not to kill," She said as she knocked another arrow upon her bow. Whether or not she let this one fly would all be in response to her opponent.

Should Bayushi not comply, an arrow would be released, however should he comply she too would remove the arrow from her bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    As per usual, move back. This time with a hold action with an if statement attached to it.
    If Bayushi does not lower his blade, then
    8k3 [26] vs TN 25
    Using Luck to reroll this one. See post 118 of the OoC.
    (8d10)[7][2][4][6][3][4][1][3](30)
    Read left to right
    Spoiler
    Show
    (8d10)[4][2][10][4][2][7][9][9](47)

4k2 [24]
    (4d10)[7][6][10][2](25)
    Read left to right
    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d10)[7][8][3][4](22)

Else Reina will accept his surrender with mercy and no further shots shall be fired.
    Last edited by Alchemyst; 2014-06-06 at 03:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kakita akima finally retrives the sword, picks up her bow and heads for the entrance of the koya

Spoiler
    Show
    pick up bow, sheath sword, walk up to the entrance of the koya so that Reina cannot see me, but I can get out next round as free action, ¿asuming you can see Reina from the entrance of the koya?
    Last edited by Menelcar; 2014-06-07 at 06:54 AM.