New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dawn of Worlds IC

Minerva helps herself to some boar and begins chewing. She swallows heartily and responds to the ... vivid deity before her. You are of course welcome to some fish she gestured at the platters. If nothing else, could you at least tell us your name.

When she heard the summons from the death god, she dismissed the notion of heading over there. She already had food and pleasant company before her, and there was no need to upset that balance. She also wasn't sure she understood that god. For a thing that enjoyed undead he seemed oddly welcoming. Perhaps all the gods in this world would defy her expectations.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, right. Um, Medb'adradalsa(click). Or something like that." She takes some fish and sits down.
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2014-05-22 at 11:51 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Then welcome, Medb'adradalsa(click). I believe you are the author of the 'creative' precipitation to the east." Lucrum inclines his head towards the distant shower of frogs and fish. Moments later, Lucrum blinks as the voice of Krysis echoes in his divine head. He turns back to his food. He thought it far too rude to cut a meal short once it was begun, even though he was curious about his fellow deities. After all, they had the lifetime of the earth to get acquainted. After loading his own plate, Lucrum leans back in his chair, a goblet dangling from his azure fingers. "Now, ladies. Have either of you met any of our fellow gods? I've witnessed their creations and heard their voices in the air, but that is all. I would know more, if you have been more fortunate than I."
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-05-23 at 01:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Another figure stirs from beneath the mountains Oranos had raised. Emerging from a cleft in the earth the figure strides eastwards, seemingly unaware of the other deities gathering on the land above. When it reaches the sea it stops, and mountains and hills rise from its footsteps as it gazes upon the ocean.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 6 points to raise hills and steppes in R3 and S3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yup!

"Nope!" She eats the plate of fish--yes, that does include the actual plate--and stands. "So, can we meet them now?"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Kwento, Dweller in the Sun, god of light and life looks down at the barren world below and stretches out his power. Green trees begins to grow in the plains to the west, growing thicker and more verdant as time passes. The land here becomes hot and humid as the jungle expands. "This world could be green and full of life." He seems almost to grow as he moves towards the group of godlings, his trail fading away as the greenery behind him disappears in a trail of light. "I am Kwento and I bless this world with life."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Turn/Player
    Actions
    Point cost
    1. hoverFrog D11 grows hot under the baking sun (Shape Climate, 1 square) 2
    1. hoverFrog D11 grows into thick rainforest (Shape Land, 1 square) 3
    1. hoverFrog E11 grows into thick rainforest (Shape Land, 1 square) 3
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2014-05-23 at 05:08 AM.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Roheline overhears the gathering of gods disrupting the silence of this new world and decides she might as well figure out what they're going on about. So she moves herself into their midsts. At this point she notices that many of these strange beings appear the be wearing dead things upon their bodies; they don't even appear to be useful things and its not like of them are cold being deities.

What is this and why are you wearing it

She says as she grabs at the clothing of the first god she can reach.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

An Unnamed god arrives late and shouts out.
    Hello ladies and gentlemen sorry for my.. lateness. But i am here now and shall enlighten you all with my presence.
    He takes a deep bow.
    The Unnamed god takes out a dagger from nowhere and cuts in his hand, a drop of blood lands in H12 and shapes a lake.

Spoiler
    Show
    He spends his 3 power on creating a lake in H12
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2014-05-23 at 09:10 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

A woman stood slowly, her body concealed within thick, blackened, and torn armour. A sun emblazoned the tattered strips of cloth that fell from her waist, and the smells of smoke and blood drifted through the mountains. As she raised herself above the snow, she brought with her a heavy blade the length of her body. Pitted and scarred, she used it as something of a staff, the rounded top of it piercing the snow, the jagged, serrated edges gleaming dully in the light. A grin split her face, aslo scarred, but not really battered, her white hair falling in a simple bob cut around her face.

"It is no worry. Seems that I have a mountain on my napping spot, which is a tad unfortunate I suppose. But, I doubt any harm will come of it." A smirk appeared on her face, But just normal mountain? Should not the God of Magic's works be a tad more... Magical? Why not floating mountains? Think of the special, magical plants that could only grow underneath the floating mountains!"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Back on the island, Minerva continued eating her meal, adding a little bit of ambrosia to some soup for flavoring, but otherwise enjoying Lucrum's delectable cooking. To the bread-clad woman, she commented. I believe that I will be staying.

To Lucrum's question, she responded I doubt that I know all of them, but of those I did meet there were two gods of magic, one god of undeath, and then there was another of war, although I didn't meet that one.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dancealot View Post
    "It is no worry. Seems that I have a mountain on my napping spot, which is a tad unfortunate I suppose. But, I doubt any harm will come of it." A smirk appeared on her face, But just normal mountain? Should not the God of Magic's works be a tad more... Magical? Why not floating mountains? Think of the special, magical plants that could only grow underneath the floating mountains!"
    Turning his attention away from the other God of Magic, he smirks back at the newcomer. "And who is to say these are not, indeed, magical? Magic is around us, my dear. I simply prefer more.. subtle acts. Any barbarian can conjure a firestorm. True Magic is in accomplishing precisely what you set out for, with nothing wasted. This?" he says, waving at the mountains. "This is just the start. A way to announce my presence, and to pull interest towards the area so I may meet my.. compatriots. As you can see, it has worked quite well."

Moving over to Krysis' newly conjured table, he grimaces at the plain seat before flicking a hand at it. The wood warps and stretches, growing as it hardens and gains edges, transmuting to a throne of translucent gold-flecked crystal. Shafts of light shine through it, creating a prism effect that oscillates on the snow behind him. Sighing comfortably as he sits down, a crystal goblet and plate appear. The cup's contents emit a light red smoke and smells sweet, and his plate is filled with strange looking and rather bloody meat. "Pardon, but you never introduced yourself. As you heard, I am Oranos. To what do you answer?
    Last edited by Xurtan; 2014-05-23 at 10:30 AM.
    My Current Character(s):

Jacian

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

The Unnamed god snaps his fingers and points at the female. I like it! he said, But what about we make them half-floating mountains? Floating some of the time only to crash into the ground the next. We could bury treasure under there. Beings would travel from afar to grab the treasures. Some would become wealthy and famous, others... well.. pulp.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Krysis laughed. "Floating part of the time only? Then you should encourage that no one builds beneath those mountains. Why not put the treasures in dungeons inside the mountains instead? or in Dungeons beneath the mountain? If you are going to bury it, why not bury the treasure inside the mountain to be found? Install traps and let it be a contest of wits and skills that leaves the most skilled or lucky the finder of the treasure. After all, that would provide for the most entertainment would it not?

I believe that this world is far too lifeless, too flat and in need of more mountains, rivers, and lakes. There needs to be places where those who walk these lands can see the stars and touch the sky. Islands for fish to thrive around and for beings to live in. Oh, it shall be beautiful."
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Subtlety? More a façade I would think. Afterall, a mountain is a mountain, no matter the magic it conceals." She smirked again, or was it the same smirk from before? It was hard to tell, And it's never too wise to dismiss barbarians. A raging inferno can be just as dangerous as a clotted heart. Plus, you've gone and pulled everyone to my favorite napping location. I'm still not quite sure to thank you or be annoyed." She grinned widely, or should it be said her grin grew wider?

"Names? A good question. What name do I want this world to remember me by? Solaine I think shall work. If anyone requires assistance in creating this world, they have but to ask, and it will be granted. Name your terms, and I will name mine."

Spoiler: The Price of Power.
    Show

I will grant anyone the use of my power up to Thirty Points. However, we will have to come to some sort of agreement before this is granted.

The more the points, the harder the bargain.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Back on the island, Minerva continued eating her meal, adding a little bit of ambrosia to some soup for flavoring, but otherwise enjoying Lucrum's delectable cooking. To the bread-clad woman, she commented. I believe that I will be staying.

To Lucrum's question, she responded I doubt that I know all of them, but of those I did meet there were two gods of magic, one god of undeath, and then there was another of war, although I didn't meet that one.

"I believe I will stay as well. I make it a point to never cut a meal short if I can help it. Still, no need to be rude. Lucrum inhales deeply before letting out a slow, warm, sweet smelling breath. he catches the air in his hand, weaving it into a breeze. With a gesture, he tosses it to the air, letting it carry his words across the world to the gathering in the east.

"Greetings, brothers and sisters. My name is Lucrum, and I treasure the chance to meet you all. However, I'm afraid it must be delayed for now. Be well, and we shall find one another before this world grows much older." As the sweet-smelling breeze crosses mountains and valleys, plants grow, and tiny springs erupt. Gradually, the world had begun to grow.

That done, Lucrum turns back to his guests. "So, gods of magic, madness, memory, war, and death. This world will indeed be interesting or, at the very least, eventful." He pours himself another glass of the golden wine and slathers some steaming fresh bread with butter and honey. "I wonder what we shall make together. If I may be so bold as to ask, what do you plan for this world and for those who will one day call it their home?"
    Last edited by UncleScrewtape; 2014-05-23 at 03:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Subtlety? More a façade I would think. Afterall, a mountain is a mountain, no matter the magic it conceals." She smirked again, or was it the same smirk from before? It was hard to tell, And it's never too wise to dismiss barbarians. A raging inferno can be just as dangerous as a clotted heart. Plus, you've gone and pulled everyone to my favorite napping location. I'm still not quite sure to thank you or be annoyed." She grinned widely, or should it be said her grin grew wider?

"Names? A good question. What name do I want this world to remember me by? Solaine I think shall work. If anyone requires assistance in creating this world, they have but to ask, and it will be granted. Name your terms, and I will name mine."

Looking up from his meal he shrugs, a fluid motion that sends starlight from his cloak shattering along the crystal throne. "Perhaps. Although at that point we may well be arguing semantics. Is it mountain or magic? Were it to grow sentience, were it naught but an illusion, or a figment.. A mountain may be a mountain, aye. But that is not all it is. It would be like simply calling one of us a mere mortal, simply because we assume those forms on occasion." Oranos pauses to take a bite of his odd meal before continuing, the blood soaking the crystal plate crimson and black. "Besides, it is rather hard to have a favorite nap location when we have just newly arrived, yes? I am sure there will be others. If nothing else, I would hate to deprive you of our illustrious company." he comments, putting a hand to his chest and making a dramatic face before laughing. He continues his meal for a moment before pausing and posing a question. "Solaine, is it? Pray tell, what are you god of?" Bargains, hm.. something to keep in mind, but no doubt the cost is considerable. Nonetheless, this is a good opportunity to gain information.

Glancing over at.. Krysis, was it? Oranos nods in agreement with the other's words. "I quite agree. This world is too flat, too lifeless.. but I suppose, that is partially why we are here, after all." he comments with a smirk. He tilts his head as Lucrum announces his presence. Interesting.. such a wide collection of personalities we have on this world.. I cannot wait to see how it all ends. "It appears we are all that will be coming, for now. Our brethren have no doubt found something to entertain themselves with."
    Last edited by Xurtan; 2014-05-23 at 03:30 PM.
    My Current Character(s):

Jacian

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Krysis smiles. "It shall be a place of living things and dying things. Where life flourishes and power spreads. Where shining realms exist with bright banners and brave noble warriors engage in honorable battle for honorable causes and seek to perform worthy deeds. There needs be flowers and trees and all living things, and then nature red in tooth and claw. For if there is no life, there is no death, no great deeds done or song or any such thing. Nor are any made into undeath to defend the vast forgotten empires that rise gloriously and fall gloriously."

(Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

She shrugs as well, a light creaking emanating through the soft sound of voices around them, "Semantics are important." A simple statement said through a smile. At least to me." She pushed the top of the jagged blade down into the ground, and leaned on it, avoiding the table. The peaks in the background sloping just right to be wings. Besides, the rest of you were terribly late. As to what I am a god of. Well, I suppose I'm a god of something. As to what?" She shrugged, still smiling.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground

"It is good that we could come to an accord brother. I am sure we will perform great feats together."

He would then turn to the table conjured by Kryis. As he walked towards it flame would trail from his Crimson robes.

"I agree with your idea of naming this world Luminis. I am glad to learn all of your names. I must say as well that this world is quite boring... or in regards to certain regions touched by one of your powers... far too silly. How will the beings we eventually create learn to honor us if we are throwing things out like raining animals? "

Extended Homebrew Signature

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Everyone asleep in their beds in the middle of an attack on the city.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, using some points: Using points to create Mountains at L7, M8, N9, leaving Krysis with 2 points left. That will comprise my actions for this turn.

Krysis
    Power: 2

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    She shrugs as well, a light creaking emanating through the soft sound of voices around them, "Semantics are important." A simple statement said through a smile. At least to me." She pushed the top of the jagged blade down into the ground, and leaned on it, avoiding the table. The peaks in the background sloping just right to be wings. Besides, the rest of you were terribly late. As to what I am a god of. Well, I suppose I'm a god of something. As to what?" She shrugged, still smiling.
    Oranos laughs, genuinely amused. "A Secret then, is it?" he asks, the capitalization of the word obvious in his speech. "I have always been rather partial to them, I must admit." He grins, teeth flashing in the light. "Very well then. Hold it close to your heart. We all have our Secrets.." Draining his goblet, he glances back towards Krysis.

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krysis smiles. "It shall be a place of living things and dying things. Where life flourishes and power spreads. Where shining realms exist with bright banners and brave noble warriors engage in honorable battle for honorable causes and seek to perform worthy deeds. There needs be flowers and trees and all living things, and then nature red in tooth and claw. For if there is no life, there is no death, no great deeds done or song or any such thing. Nor are any made into undeath to defend the vast forgotten empires that rise gloriously and fall gloriously."
    "A noble view, I suppose. But what of the ignoble? A god of death, of all things, must realize that Balance exists for a reason. For every good act, for every noble deed, there must be one of villainy to match it. What is night without the day? There will be flowers and trees, bright banners and noble warriors.. but there will be things that crawl in the deep dark, horrors untold and Secrets lost to time.. perhaps to be unleashed, one day." Having said his peace, he returns to his meal briefly before turning to the other god of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Virdish View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It is good that we could come to an accord brother. I am sure we will perform great feats together."

He would then turn to the table conjured by Kryis. As he walked towards it flame would trail from his Crimson robes.

"I agree with your idea of naming this world Luminis. I am glad to learn all of your names. I must say as well that this world is quite boring... or in regards to certain regions touched by one of your powers... far too silly. How will the beings we eventually create learn to honor us if we are throwing things out like raining animals?
    "
    "I suppose they will learn like any other. Through our deeds, our strength, our power. Whether it be fear, love, joy or horror. Whether it be magic or blade. Madness is an aspect as any other.. but we all have Secrets. Never discount a potential reason or plot. Silly, mayhap. But who knows.. in ten thousand years, animals falling from the sky might be the surest sign of a god to this world." Oranos adds, lips twisted into a sly smile.
    Last edited by Xurtan; 2014-05-23 at 04:00 PM.
    My Current Character(s):

Jacian

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScrewtape View Post
    "I believe I will stay as well. I make it a point to never cut a meal short if I can help it. Still, no need to be rude. Lucrum inhales deeply before letting out a slow, warm, sweet smelling breath. he catches the air in his hand, weaving it into a breeze. With a gesture, he tosses it to the air, letting it carry his words across the world to the gathering in the east.

"Greetings, brothers and sisters. My name is Lucrum, and I treasure the chance to meet you all. However, I'm afraid it must be delayed for now. Be well, and we shall find one another before this world grows much older." As the sweet-smelling breeze crosses mountains and valleys, plants grow, and tiny springs erupt. Gradually, the world had begun to grow.

That done, Lucrum turns back to his guests. "So, gods of magic, madness, memory, war, and death. This world will indeed be interesting or, at the very least, eventful." He pours himself another glass of the golden wine and slathers some steaming fresh bread with butter and honey. "I wonder what we shall make together. If I may be so bold as to ask, what do you plan for this world and for those who will one day call it their home?"
    I'd rather not say too much at the moment, as I will begin truly executing my plans as soon as my powers return to me fully. I can feel them inside of me Minerva could indeed feel her old world slowly forgetting her, and power began to blossom once more in her chest. Soon. Soon I will be able to craft it.

She blinked, returning to the world in front of her and Lucrum's smiling face. I suppose that you could say I am here to ensure that nothing is forgotten. Whether it be horrendous atrocities or acts of ultimate benevolence, I wish the people of this world to know, to truly know, why the world is the way it is. She takes an egg off the table and cracks it, releasing flocks of birds - all kinds - to spread across the world. For instance, if somebody wishes to understand the origin of birds, I want them to be able to know that it was I who created them, gave them life, and spread them across the world. Some may call it myth, and some history, but I choose to call it the memories of the earth.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just assuming we can add stuff like grass and fairly normal birds without spending any points. Otherwise this world will remain stone for a very long time.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xurtan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

"A noble view, I suppose. But what of the ignoble? A god of death of all things must realize that Balance exists for a reason. For every good act, for every noble deed, there must be one of villainy to match it. What is night without the day? There will be flowers and trees, bright banners and noble warriors.. but there will be things that crawl in the deep dark, horrors untold and Secrets lost to time.. perhaps to be unleashed, one day."
    Having said his peace, he returns to his meal.
    Krysis chuckles. "Yes, there needs for that and we shall have it. I will consider it a goal to spread equal amounts of happiness and suffering, but I refuse to accept torture as it provides no benefit and value. Also, it never works anyway. Encouraging evil is more complicated then encouraging good and takes more effort to plant the seeds of those and help them grow. I do notice that among us only I possess an inclination towards darkness and evil, though for secrets some may be willing to dark deeds. But all things must still provide entertainment, for such are the entertainments among our kind."

(Next Turn Act: Krysis will wave his hand and raise up the three mountains he expanded some of his world-forging power for.)
    Last edited by russdm; 2014-05-23 at 04:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

"I want friendly cannibal cliff-diving tentacled Gollum girls!"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xurtan View Post
    Oranos laughs, genuinely amused. "A Secret then, is it?" he asks, the capitalization of the word obvious in his speech. "I have always been rather partial to them, I must admit." He grins, teeth flashing in the light. "Very well then. Hold it close to your heart. We all have our Secrets.." Draining his goblet, he glances back towards Krysis.
    What makes you think it is a secret, some of us might not know our domain, or name for the matter.

"A noble view, I suppose. But what of the ignoble? A god of death, of all things, must realize that Balance exists for a reason. For every good act, for every noble deed, there must be one of villainy to match it. What is night without the day? There will be flowers and trees, bright banners and noble warriors.. but there will be things that crawl in the deep dark, horrors untold and Secrets lost to time.. perhaps to be unleashed, one day." Having said his peace, he returns to his meal briefly before turning to the other god of magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    Krysis chuckles. "Yes, there needs for that and we shall have it. I will consider it a goal to spread equal amounts of happiness and suffering, but I refuse to accept torture as it provides no benefit and value. Also, it never works anyway. Encouraging evil is more complicated then encouraging good and takes more effort to plant the seeds of those and help them grow. I do notice that among us only I possess an inclination towards darkness and evil, though for secrets some may be willing to dark deeds. But all things must still provide entertainment, for such are the entertainments among our kind."
    You guys keep talking about the balance of things. Now where excactly is the fun in that? What is the point of power, with restrictions? Who are you trying to please?

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    He snaps his fingers at the wierd looking girl, Only if they are pink haired. Anyways i beleive we haven't met beautiful. He extends his arm towards her.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    You guys keep talking about the balance of things. Now where excactly is the fun in that? What is the point of power, with restrictions? Who are you trying to please?
    "Please? Why, no one. But chaos for chaos' sake does not entertain me." Oranos comments, gesticulating widely with his hands, creating small illusions of each as he speaks. "I could spew hellfire across the land, turn the rain to shards of crystal, create unholy horrors that break the sanity of all who behold them. But why, and for what?" Pausing, he takes a sip of his refilled goblet, banishing the images with a flick of his wrist.

"No, a self-imposed restriction is no restriction at all. I hold to my own ideals because it brings me the most amusement. Imagine it like a game of wit, guile, and strategy. Yes, one could simply tip the board over, and that would be that. But by dragging it out, nudging the pieces just so, sacrificing one and pushing another.. the possibilities are endless."

Not to mention, mortals do not deal well with sheer chaos, and without mortals.. well. That would leave me with few Secrets, and few to worship Magic.. and we cannot have that, now can we?

Continuing, he adds one final thought with a teeth barring smile. "Besides.. in a world with rules, and order, and balance.. when you wish to interject some chaos.. it is all the more disturbing. In a way, a world of nothing but chaos in itself becomes order, because that is the norm." Nodding, he finishes the last piece of meat on his plate, and vanishes the crystal dinnerware back to the ether.
    Last edited by Xurtan; 2014-05-23 at 04:40 PM.
    My Current Character(s):

Jacian

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: The Price of Power.
    Show

I will grant anyone the use of my power up to Thirty Points. However, we will have to come to some sort of agreement before this is granted.

The more the points, the harder the bargain.
    With a great step, Baldo moves behind Solaine. "You're offering assistance, eh? I believe we could work something out. I require the means for the creation of my people. For what is a Lord of Heroes without the heroes!" Baldo lets out a booming laugh.
    Last edited by Atemus; 2014-05-23 at 04:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    I'd rather not say too much at the moment, as I will begin truly executing my plans as soon as my powers return to me fully. I can feel them inside of me Minerva could indeed feel her old world slowly forgetting her, and power began to blossom once more in her chest. Soon. Soon I will be able to craft it.

She blinked, returning to the world in front of her and Lucrum's smiling face. I suppose that you could say I am here to ensure that nothing is forgotten. Whether it be horrendous atrocities or acts of ultimate benevolence, I wish the people of this world to know, to truly know, why the world is the way it is. She takes an egg off the table and cracks it, releasing flocks of birds - all kinds - to spread across the world. For instance, if somebody wishes to understand the origin of birds, I want them to be able to know that it was I who created them, gave them life, and spread them across the world. Some may call it myth, and some history, but I choose to call it the memories of the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    Lucrum's golden eyes blink at the small goddess's bizarre response. "Something to aspire to in future days, perhaps." Lucrum stands, holding the crusts of the bread he had been eating, and walks to the edge of the sea. "Until then, it may be best to begin with the basics. My ladies of Madness and Memory, allow me to add a bit of both to this world." Lucrum crumbles the bread crusts in his palm and, inhaling deeply, blows them out to sea. Wherever they fall, fish and sea creatures of all kinds leap up, dancing in the light of the sun before vanishing into the deeps. "I have always cherished the bounty of the sea, and it gladdens me to witness its birth once more."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, and so we devolve into semantics. Good, evil, chaos, and order. What is what in the end? A good question. One that can be answered by not even the Gods. After all, what is Good? And what is Evil?" She grinned, as was apparently normal for her.

Solaine looks over her shoulder at the god behind her. She know not his name, only that he offered her potential power. "Ah. Wonderful. Name thyself, then name what you desire. We'll see if we can't work anything out hmm?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ooh, pretty fishies! And a squid!"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race