Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Miracle Men - Phase Two OOC

Hello! Welcome to Miracle Men - Phase Two, the OOC. If somehow you missed the IC, the link to it is right there! Go ahead and pick your text colors, although Slate Grey is off-limits. Oh yeah, and add your character sheets into this thread!

The Players:
    Player Agent Civilian Identity Status Ability Summation
    Arcran Second Shooter Thomas Grace Inactive Active; Recaptured and imprisoned. Assigned to Task Force Epsilon Aged sniper who can expertly predict trajectories
    Cogsrow CiCi CiCi Lionell Active; Assigned to Task Force Epsilon. Superhuman hybrid of human and Lemurian descent
    Quellian-dyrae Vanish Vazer DeLoren Active; Assigned to Task Force Epsilon. Assassin with mutant teleportation ability
    Green Bean Nia Nniadobetae Active; Assigned to Task Force Epsilon. Nth Dimension Demon trapped in mortal form
    Propagandist Scylla <Unpronounceable> Active; Assigned to Task Force Epsilon. Aquatic Cecaelian Terrorist
    Mono Vertigo Jettatura Sidney Toro Active; Assigned to Task Force Epsilon. Woman cursed with magical 'Evil Eye'

Former Agents:

Player Agent Civilian Identity Status Ability Summation
    NineOfSpades Asura Summer Mitchell KIA; Attempted to disable her chip while on assignment and was terminated. Disabled woman with self-designed battlesuit
    MrE Bolt Jimmy Yates MIA; Apparently killed in a teleportation vortex on assignment but death was never confirmed. Speedster who can generate lightning
    GFawkes Phobos Stephen Phaeon KIA; Attempted to use a Viridian Stone to increase power and was terminated. Telepathic psychopath with an obsession over fear
    Binks Thunk Thaddeus P. Donalds Active; Completed initial assignment and was reassigned to Task Force Gamma. Superstrong and resilient simpleton
    Propagandist Empress Azar Aten III MIA; Disappeared from radar during initial assignment. Investigation into whereabouts under way. Unrelated to Agent Nemain. Miniature ruler of interstellar empire
    Inspector Valin Doc Magic II Alison Martins Inactive; Returned to prison following initial assignment and was subsequently retried and released. Sound-based weaponry expert
    The Snark Nemain Kathleen Daley MIA; Disappeared from radar during initial assignment. Investigation into whereabouts under way. Unrelated to Agent Empress. Assassin with suspected immortality and magical abilities.
    Ascension Kuzka Ivan Tunguskovich Vitsin MIA; Signal lost during initial assignment but returns randomly. Current whereabouts suspected as Northern Russia. Mutant with ability to control force
    Last edited by TheSapientOne; 2014-09-27 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcran
    Sapient is very good at silly-serious.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Miracle Men - Phase Two OOC

Last edited by Arcran; 2014-05-22 at 07:39 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici Lionell
    If you say I'm a monster, then **** it I am one

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Power level 10
    Power points 150

STRENGTH AGILITY FIGHTING AWARENESS
    12 3 8 1
    STAMINA DEXTERITY INTELLECT PRESENCE
    12 3 0 1
    POWERS
    Flight: Flight 9 (1,000 MPH)• 18 points.
    Invulnerability: Enhanced Stamina 10,
    Impervious Toughness 12 • 42 points.
    Regeneration 10- 10 points
    Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 10, plus
    Enhanced Strength 2, Limited to Lifting
    (Lifting Str 14; 400 tons)
    • 22 points.
    ADVANTAGES
    Power Attack
    SKILLS
    Expertise: (Choose One) 7 (+7), Insight 6 (+7),
    Perception 8 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+7), Ranged
    Combat: Throwing 7 (+8)
    OFFENSE
    INITIATIVE +3
    Throw +8 Ranged, Damage 12
    Unarmed +8 Close, Damage 12
    DEFENSE
    DODGE 8 FORTITUDE 12
    PARRY 8 TOUGHNESS 12
    WILL 8

Backstory
    Spoiler: Parents
    Show
    Now returning to behind the mask. Returning to one hero no longer with us is Jack Lionell, though more of you know him as Dynamo. A powerhouse of a hero Dynamo was known to always throw himself into any situation if it meant saving lives. -The video playing is of one of his old comrades- Yeah dynamo was great, mean cook and honestly he was just a good guy to have on your side. Seeing him so happy with Nel was good for the heart you know?-the reporter starts talking over the image- Not long after Meeting the serpent person shapeshifter nel, the two were married in secret. Dynamo retired, and to many it seemed like he'd never pick up the mask again....however 4 years later while Nel and their daughter Cici were in the park a cataclysm struck as a great beast assaulted the city. -it cuts to a picture of Jack and Nel happy together a baby Cici in her mother's arms- Tragically, while defending his family, Dynamo was killed. truely one of the City's greatest heroes, he'll live forever on in our hearts, and I'm sure his daughter will live up to such a heroic legacy.

Spoiler: Mother's death
    Show
    -Cici sat next to her mother, she was only a young girl only 14....even still the adamantium handcuffs and orange jumpsuit a stark contrast to the white room. She cried softly holding her mother's hand. Nel looks at her daughter weekly You.....came -Cici nods unable to speak as she feels tears stream down her face, Cici speaks softly yeah...I told them I'd break out and they figured hey, might as well let the crazy bitch go before she causes damage -her mother frowns at her- Language..... -Cici nods rubbing her eyes- Mom...I'm so sorry, I should of been better, I should of stayed out of prison, we could of had more time! why didn't you tell me! --her mother coughs and lays back looking at her- It happened so fast....I barely knew before the doctors told me. I'm sorry Cici...I love you and I'm so sorry -as the heartbeat moniter flatlines Cici sobs next to her mother, the guards reach to take her away and she screams and yells throwing them through walls as she clutches to the bed before they tranq her and all goes black-

Spoiler: Modern day
    Show
    -Cici hangs in her celly by chains over every inch of her, her body tired from all the straining, a drip of sedatives into her body as she just cries softly. Every memory of everyone rejecting her, every loss in her life...all the things that have hurt and harmed her...and here she was, helpless. It was at that moment her cell door opened and she looked up. A familiar face frowns You could of been so great CiCi, you could of been a greater hero than your father. Now look at you. well here I am, to offer one last chance of redemption.

Reposting sheet so it doesnt' get sent into the void and CiCi will talk in Green

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Vazer DeLoren AKA Vanish

Current Hero Points: 1.
    Current Luck Rerolls: 4/5.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Abilities

STR: -2. STA: 10. AGI: 0. DEX: -2.
    FGT: -2. INT: 0. AWE: 0. PRE: -2.

Attacks

Initiative: +4.
    Unarmed: -2 (DC 13 Damage).
    Grab: -2 (DC 8 Effect).
    Portal Blade: +10 (DC 25 Damage or DC 20 Effect).
    Targeted Teleportation: Perception (DC 25 Damage).
    Baleful Teleport: Perception (DC 20 Effect).

Defenses

Dodge (10): +10. Parry (12): +10. Toughness: +10. Fortitude: +10. Will (10): +10.

Skills

Deception 12 (+10), Intimidation 12 (+10), Investigation 12 (+12), Perception 18 (+18), Stealth 18 (+18).

Advantages

All Out Attack, Contacts, Improved Defense, Equipment, Improved Initiative, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed.

Equipment

Modern Smart Phone: Cell Phone, Computer, GPS {3+1}.
    Alternate Applications: Camera, Audio/Video Recorder.

Bluetooth: Commlink {1}.

Various Random Miscellaneous Weapons: No Mechanical Effect, just here as props for descriptions/Move Object fodder {0}.

Powers

Spatial Lock: Flight 1 (Limited to Hovering) {1}.

Blinking: Feature 2 (Can teleport multiple times in one action up to total distance allowed; may use movement-related Advantages via teleportation) {2}.

Assassin's Senses: Senses 6 (Darkvision, Extended Vision, Rapid Vision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense) {6}.

Teleportation: 20-point Array {20+3}.

Flash Step: Teleport 10.

Teleport: Teleport 5 (Accurate, Subtle 2, Precise, Change Direction, Change Velocity).

Psychoport: Teleport 10 (Extended, Limited [Extended]).

Offscreen Teleportation: Teleport 8 (Subtle 2, Limited [Must have Line of Sight and Line of Effect]), Concealment 10 (All Senses; Limited [Only for purposes of determining if he can use Stealth to hide - does not inherently prevent detection or provide defensive benefits]).

Tactical Teleportation: 41-point Array {41+4}.

Portal Blade: Damage 10 (Alternate Resistance [Dodge]) Linked Affliction 10 (Will; Impaired/Stunned/Incapacitated; Limited [Only against Vulnerable opponents]) Linked Weaken Resistances 10 (Fortitude; Broad, Simultaneous, Limited 2 [Only against Defenseless opponents]); Accurate 6.

Targeted Teleportation: Move Object 10 (Perception Range, Subtle) Linked Deflect 10.

Baleful Teleport: Weaken Chosen Ability 10 (Fortitude; Broad, Perception Range, Subtle).

Phase Shift: Concealment 10 (All Senses) Linked Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal [Can be harmed by Light and Darkness based attacks]).

Active Psychoportation: Psychoport loses Limited, gains Accurate, Easy, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Subtle 2, Precise, Increased Mass 6.

Calculations

PL: 10. PP: 0/153. Hero Points: 1.
    Abilities: 4. Stats: 32. Skills: 24. Advantages: 16. Powers: 77.

Spoiler: Complications
    Show
    Fear My Name [Motivation - Recognition]: Don't get me wrong. Vazer puts on an act about being a cold, ruthless, nothing-but-business mercenary assassin, but it's all facade. Deep down, he's driven by his ego. He want to be known as one of the most feared and deadly assassins on the planet. ("Naturally, I wouldn't want my name sung from the rooftops or anythings...but whispered in terror in the dark of night...yes, that will do.")

Smart Mouth [Addiction]: Okay, maybe it isn't technically an addiction, but good lord this man will not shut up with the sarcastic jokes and snide comments and off-hand threats. And the smirk. It just doesn't go away, just a perpetual look of amused contempt for...pretty much anyone he encounters, really.

Chip in the Head [Disability]: ("Well, that's inconvenient. Yes, yes, yes, I'll be a good little assassin and serve the cause of law and justice and OW okay teleporting it out of my head doesn't work...")

Warden [Enemy]: The hero that brought him in, Warden is super-strong, super-tough, and a skilled teleporter. He specializes in brawling tactics, disorienting an opponent with a powerful unarmed strike to set up a fast grab and then teleport them straight into a holding cell. He also wears a special visor that allows him to track teleportation and ignore all forms of concealment. He is Vazer's arch-foe, his most hated enemy, so designated by...basically just bringing him in as just one more supervillain in a long line of successfully apprehended supervillains. ("AND HE WILL PAY!")

Pyroclast [Enemy]: Pyroclast, on the other hand, is after Vazer's head. An energy controller with sun-based powers, she commands potent fire blasts and powerful healing, including resurrection and personal immortality. Originally a celebrated hero who went by the codename Corona, Vazer has at this point killed off two boyfriends, a fiancee, both her parents, all three of her siblings, about half a dozen close friends, her pet goldfish ("Funny story actually, I teleported the goldfish into her sister's heart. Twofer!")...yeah. Not to mention personally killing her on four separate occasions. The first couple of hits were actually legitimate jobs, but after a while it just became a bit of a pet project of his. Vazer's kinda a creep, if you haven't noticed. Thing is, in the time he's been imprisoned, Pyroclast has taken her new name, growing in strength and in anger. He's likely to be in for quite a surprise when he learns just how powerful she's become...

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("Oh, he thinks he's beaten me, that just because I'm locked up in this prison I'm out of the game. But now I'm getting out! HAH! Warden will learn, he will learn just what he is dealing with once I get out of here, and he shall rue the day he attracted the notice of Vanish! My master plan is already in the works! He's falling, obliviously, directly into my trap! The only difficulty, the only difficulty, will be deciding which exquisitely painful and genre-reaffirmingly-slow-acting poison I will teleport into his bloodstream to finally do the deed. Maybe I'll use all of them. DO YOU HEAR ME WARDEN!? ALL OF THEM!!!")

Arrogant [Quirk]: To say that Vazer has an ego problem is like saying the Hulk has a bit of a temper. He looks down on pretty much everyone, particularly those who use brute force to solve their problems (although he has no issue with using violence to solve them), and will casually bandy taunts and insults even to people he really shouldn't. He's also quick to respond to challenges, although he is more than happy to flee when he realizes he's outmatched. He is a professional, fortunately, so he can work well enough with others when he has to, as long as they have modest tolerance for annoyance (or decent senses of humor). If bested, he can grow, well...mmm...

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("I will laugh for weeks once he is dead. LITERALLY WEEKS! I'll be completely unable to work because I'll be laughing TOO HARD to be stealthy! Because he's DEAD! Maybe I'll bring him to that novice Corona and get her to bring him back to life so I can kill him again! And when he's finally dead and gone, I'll burn the body! And then put the ashes in a jar! And break the jar! And put the broken shards of jar (and ashes) in a crate! And mail the crate to the OCEAN! And then SINK THE BOAT THAT WAS DELIVERING THE CRATE! And then I'll kill the mailman, because we can't leave witnesses you know.")

Grandma Delaran [Relationship/Secret]: Vazer's grandmother is his only living relative. A tough, no-nonsense old lady, Vazer has carefully kept his profession from her knowledge and obfuscated any records of their relation. She's pretty much the only person he respects and cares for; in her presence, he's helpful, devoted, and can even make pleasant conversation. ("And anyone who messes with her will wake up with a Portal Blade where the rest of this analogy is supposed to be. Because they won't wake up. Because they'll be DEAD!")

Berserk Button [Temper]: ("What? A man can't dislike crude, brutish oafs who pick on people smaller or weaker than them as some petty power play without being all psychoanalyzed. Oh sure, being a stone-cold ruthless murderer means I should be laughing when other people get pushed around, right? It's perfectly reasonable to get a little angry when you see that kind of stuff, mainly because of just how petty and stupid it is. Bullies. They just...deserve to die when you think about it. Consider it a public service. It certainly has nothing to do about any events that may or may not have occurred in this hypothetical "past" you seem to think I have.")

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("And then I'll send deep-sea divers down to recover the crate! Only they won't find the crate, they'll find my army of trained ninja shark assassins who I sent to eat the crate! And in the massive undersea battle that ensues, the last surviving diver will gut the final shark, and the ashes will spill out in a bloody tide into the sea and get eaten by plankton! And the plankton will die from the poison I originally killed him with! And that will be the end of Warden, his justly deserved karmic recompense for the insult he dealt me!")

Spoiler: Power Descriptions
    Show
    Spatial Lock [Mutant] [Spatial Warp]: Vazer teleports by bending space. He can also maintain a limited spatial bending on himself, negating the effects of gravity to allow him to hover in place.

Blinking [Skill]: Vazer is particularly adept at rapid teleportation. He can teleport multiple times in a single action, up to a total distance equal to his normal maximum distance. This allows him, for example, to blink to the end of a hallway, look around the corner, and continue teleporting from there. This capability is also largely the reason for his high Defense and Parry as he teleports away from blows. It also allows him to use movement-related Advantages such as Move-by Action and Takedown in conjunction with teleportation.

Assassin's Senses [Mutant] [Physiologial]: Vazer's mutation has adapted his senses to take advantage of his powers or teleportation. He can see in the dark, allowing him to teleport into enclosed areas without risking loss of sight. His ability to fold space allows him to "zoom" his vision in like binoculars, giving him up to ten times normal visual range. His ability to rapidly teleport comes with similar hastening of his vision, allowing him to blink in, scout an area, and blink elsewhere rapidly with little loss of detail. Finally, his experience with teleportation has given him a sixth sense for judging distance and direction.

Teleportation [Mutant] [Spatial Warp]: The core of Vazer's mutant power, the assassin can teleport at will by folding space. Depending on how he does it, he can teleport in various ways, each with their advantages and disadvantages.

Flash Step: Vazer's Flash Step is his simplest teleportation technique. It is a quick mid-range teleport, allowing him to travel up to four miles instantly. There is a noticeable "ripple" effect in the air and warbling of sound at both the exit point and the destination, and the Flash Step isn't particularly accurate; he has to either be able to see his destination or be familiar with it.

Teleport: Vazer's default technique, a Teleport is a more controlled short-range teleportation effect. While it is only effective within about three-hundred yards, it is perfectly accurate even to places Vazer can't see and isn't familiar with. This technique also focuses the spatial warping onto Vazer himself; allowing him to alter his facing and velocity mid-teleport, and removing the warping effect at his destination, making the transit undetectable aside from, you know, Vazer suddenly being there. All together, this makes Vazer's basic teleport perfect for stealthy infiltration.

Psychoport: A psychoport is a long-range teleportation. It takes more concentration to bend so much space (a full-round action rather than a move action), and Vazer is disoriented upon arrival. However, he can teleport vast distances, up to 1,000 miles in a single jump.

Offscreen Teleportation: Vazer can use his teleportation to avoid notice, instinctively blinking to locations sheltered from detection. While doing so, Vazer is always treated as having concealment for purposes of hiding. He isn't actually invisible, he just can always hide even without other forms of concealment. He can teleport up to a mile at a time in this way, and the teleportation has no visual or auditory display.

Tactical Teleportation [Mutant] [Spatial Warp]: Vazer can also use his teleportation powers tactically, to various effects in combat.

Portal Blade [Physical] [Slashing]: Vazer can warp a limited amount of space into a sort of blade that he can wield. Being an area of absent space, nothing physical can exist where the Portal Blade does, allowing it to cut through just about anything. Vazer is also adept at capitalizing on enemy openings; when he strikes a Vulnerable foe with his Portal Blade, he can hit a vital spot to hamper or debilitate his target, although those with strong will may be able to forge on through the damage. If he strikes a Defenseless opponent, he can score a crippling blow that, even if it doesn't manage to finish the opponent off outright, leaves it open to further attacks.

Targeted Teleportation: Vazer can teleport other objects (or even creatures) at range, hurling them at his foes. Since he simply teleports the attack right at the enemy, it is perfectly accurate, and the display is minimal (requiring a DC 20 Perception check to notice). While teleporting objects in this way, he can also teleport incoming attacks away from himself or another target at range.

Baleful Teleport: Vazer can teleport harmful objects or substances directly into a target's body, or even teleport certain parts of the target elsewhere. This attack is quite brutal, and can debilitate the target in a wide variety of ways depending on what he teleports.

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("Anyway, that's plan number 37. Now, in number 38, I lead off with just, like, silently following him everywhere for about a week. And just up and killing everyone he talks to. Let the fear and despair grow, you know, wait for people to really start cursing his name. And then, when the blood of dozens is on his hands, I teleport all the bodies at him at once! Just like bury him in the bodies of everyone he once knew and failed to save! I'm trying to figure out where to go from there, but I always get a little lost once I've hit the 'savor his exquisite screams of terror and despair like a finely-aged wine' stage. Maybe something having to do with bullets? Do they still use bullets these days? I'm a little out of touch...because that accursed Warden sent me to prison. I'm going to KILL HIM!")

Phase Shift: By folding space around himself, Vazer can shift entirely out of phase, becoming invisible and incorporeal, although he cannot affect the physical world while in such a state.

Active Psychoportation: By focusing his full attention on teleporting, Vazer can reap the benefits of all of his different teleportation powers at once, gaining the range of a Psychoport, the mid-range speed of a Flash Step, and the subtlety and precision of a Teleport. An Active Psychoport also avoids any disorientation, and allows him to bring along up to 3,200 pounds of passengers or cargo.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Vazer is a small man, only a few inches over five feet tall with a thin, wiry build. He has short, well-maintained black hair with a prominent widow's peak, slate gray eyes, and a short, neatly-trimmed beard and mustache. His features are sharp and angular, somewhat gaunt, with high cheekbones. He is...frequently wearing a sardonic smirk or other look of contempt. He typically dresses in baggy jeans, a T-shirt, a loose jacket, and a baseball cap ("a serious assassin's clothing") although he occasionally indulges in a suit of full black leather attire, complete with mask and trenchcoat ("an awesome assassin's clothing") when he wants to make a statement.

His arrogance isn't just his single greatest personality trait - it's his top three. He rarely speaks without a thick layer of sarcasm in his voice, and casually makes jokes and snide comments even when discussing serious matters - though to be fair, he'll still make meaningful contributions to the discussion, they'll just be accompanied by a lot of snark. He does, however, put forth the effort to be taken seriously. He pays attention to his appearance, puts the mission first, and makes sure to pull his weight. He's prone to bragging, and while he will give credit where it is due, it's generally incremental ("but you know, earning even token respect from me is usually worth more than earning accolades from most people").

Pretty much the only way to guarantee that he'll turn off his mouth is to present him an objective to be achieved stealthily. At that point, yes, he'll become a cold, calculating, perfectly professional assassin who gets in, does the job, and gets out quickly and unnoticed. And then he'll brag about it. Hey, a reprieve is a reprieve, however temporary. In combat, he'll gleefully taunt and insult his foes, and will be happy to toy with them if he feels he can get away with it. If the enemy manages to one-up him, though, or cause him serious harm or to fail a mission objective, he'll go from taunts and insults to cold, focused fury ("and then once I've killed you, I'll make up for it by writing something funny on your grave").

He has a terrible temper when provoked ("WARDEN!!!"), stripping away his brash bravado. It's when he stops ranting at you that you should be worried. He has been known to kill for no greater purpose than to let off steam, although he kinda doesn't like to because he feels it's unprofessional. To say he has a code of honor would be giving him way too much credit, but he is a professional and among other things would never strike at an ally or knowingly risk a mission objective. He's capable of being civil and even friendly, especially with people who will laugh with him at someone else's expense. While he rarely drinks ("gotta stay sharp!") on the occasions that he does, he can be a rather funny drunk.

Honor and ethics mean nothing to him ("not killing children doesn't make you more ethical, it makes you a procrastinator"). Professionalism does, to a certain point. Pragmatism even more. And reputation most of all. He won't refuse a job because it offends his morals, but he might refuse one because he deems it beneath him ("that being said, if you're seriously in a position where you need killing a child to be on your resume, you're not much of an assassin"). He does, however, detest what he defines as "bullies"; very specifically, physically powerful people who use their brute strength to pick on those smaller and weaker than them ("it has absolutely nothing to do with my childhood"). Quite hypocritically, he doesn't care much about pretty much any other form of taking advantage of superior power to harm or demean another, although it may lose points in his book for being unprofessional ("unless it is amusingly elaborate or cleverly done, of course").

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Vazer was born Nathan Delaran ("GAH! What are you DOING? Don't tell them that! Okay, clearly, I'm going to have to oversee this entry."). His childhood was quite pleasantly normal for the first eight years of his life, aside from occasional ("REDACTED! SO VERY REDACTED! NOTHING HAPPENED!"). He discovered his powers when he was eight years old...when his family got into a terrible car crash. He unconsciously teleported to safety. His parents died on impact ("yes yes, boo-hoo, poor helpless orphan. Move it along.") He was taken in by his grandmother, who ("died ten years later peacefully in her bed, don't bother looking her up, she's dead.")

While Vazer initially had trouble controlling his powers, he got the hang of it around age fourteen, and well, keeping something like that under wraps really wasn't in the boy's nature ("to be fair, every fourteen year old boy knows that the only thing secret identities are good for is causing boring problems that have nothing at all to do with fist fights.") It was not long before his grandmother was visited by the CIA, who wanted to put Vazer's powers to good use. While Vazer was willing ("again, fourteen year old kid; they had me at 'teleporting James Bond'") his grandmother steadfastly refused. However, the agents pulled some legal tricks, took her to court, got her custody revoked, and days before his fifteenth birthday Vazer was flown off to basic training.

He took well to his training, mastering his powers as well as several stealth and spying tactics. At eighteen, he started running missions. By nineteen, he had accomplished enough missions that he began to realize he...really didn't need the CIA anymore. One day, he was just gone ("...what? I left a note...").

He spent a few years basically just doing whatever he wanted, relishing his freedom and using his powers to ro- ("to earn money in an entirely legitimate yet conveniently tax-free manner"). He saw the world, did what he wanted, but began to grow bored of it all. It just seemed pointless. Yet, he also didn't want to return to his old job, taking orders and expected to complete every mission he was assigned, no matter how boring or trivial ("but let's be clear, they'd have taken me back. I mean, come on, teleportation").

Getting low on cash and planning his next he- ("totally-legitimate gig!") he came upon an alternate revenue stream, a guy told him that a guy had told him that a guy had told him he was looking to have someone killed ("admittedly, it wasn't encoded text messages on prepaid burner phones, but in my defense, it was my first time and at least it wasn't Craigslist"). He followed the grapevine back, took the job, planned and executed it flawlessly, and ("was in business!")

Over the years, Vazer began making a reputation for himself, first in the underworld, but eventually in the public eye under the codename Vanish ("I picked it out myself, nice huh?") Several times, his assassinations got fancier, flashier, and he started taking more political jobs where the point was to make a statement. He also started receiving superhuman targets ("villains would hire me to bring down their least-favorite pesky meddlers, pretty much") and opposition, ramping up the challenge - and, thus, the glory.

And then it all came to an end ("wait wait wait! Do we have to go over this part?") After three high-profile killings, one of them a well-established superhero, Vazer drew the attention of the hero named Warden ("CURSE HIM!!!") Warden was a specialist in hunting down and apprehending fugitives, escaped supervillains in particular, and as a teleporter himself, even Vazer could not escape once he was on the hunt ("didn't doesn't mean couldn't! If I had just thought to-"). Eventually, Warden confronted Vazer in a spectacular battle that took place across four continents ("to be fair, it was a pretty cool fight...") before finally knocking him out and bringing him in for incarceration ("CURSE HIM!!!").
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2014-11-13 at 10:16 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quellian-dyrae View Post
    Will see about getting description and actual cohesive backstory up tonight (although admittedly, there's a strong part of me that's considering keeping the latter minimal to be filled in and arbitrarily changed randomly during play ).

Vazer DeLorin AKA Vanish

Show

Abilities

STR: 0. STA: 10. AGI: 0. DEX: 0.
    FGT: 0. INT: 0. AWE: 0. PRE: 0.

Attacks

Initiative: +8.
    Unarmed: +0 (DC 15 Damage).
    Grab: +0 (DC 10 Effect).
    Portal Blade: +10 (DC 25 Damage or DC 20 Effect).
    Targeted Teleportation: Perception (DC 25 Damage or DC 20 Effect).
    Baleful Teleport: Perception (DC 20 Effect).

Defenses

Dodge: +10. Parry: +10. Toughness: +10. Fortitude: +10. Will (10): +10.

Skills

Close Combat (Teleportation Array) 10 (+10), Deception 10 (+10), Insight 10 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+10), Investigation 10 (+10), Perception 20 (+20), Stealth 20 (+20).

Advantages

All Out Attack, Equipment, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Luck 5, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Stealth), Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed.

Equipment

Modern Smart Phone: Cell Phone, Computer, GPS {3+1}.
    Alternate Applications: Camera, Audio/Video Recorder.

Bluetooth: Commlink {1}.

Various Random Miscellaneous Weapons: No Mechanical Effect, just here as props for descriptions/Move Object fodder {0}.

Powers

Tactical Teleportation: Enhanced Dodge 10 (Check Required 9 [Stealth]), Enhanced Parry 10 (Check Required 9 [Stealth]) {2}.

Teleportation Mastery: Teleport powers gain (Change Direction, Change Velocity, Subtle 2, Precise, Feature [Can be used in conjunction with movement-based Advantages], Increased Mass 4), Flight 1 {11}.

Teleporter's Sight: Senses 3 (Extended Vision, Distance Sense, Direction Sense) {3}.

Teleportation: 60-point Dynamic Array (Check Required 10 [Perception]) {50+15}.

Flash Step: Teleport (Limited [Must have Line of Sight and Line of Effect to destination]) (1/rank).

Teleport: Teleport (Extended, Accurate) (4/rank).

Portal Blade: Damage (Alternate Resistance [Dodge]) (2/rank).

Portal Blade (Sneak Attack): Damage (Alternate Resistance [Dodge]) Linked Affliction (Will; Impaired+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless/Incapacitated+Paralyzed; Extra Condition) Linked Weaken Stamina (Fortitude; Secondary Effect), all effects (Limited [Only against Vulnerable opponents]). (3/rank).

Portal Blade (Death Attack): Damage (Alternate Resistance [Dodge], Secondary Effect) Linked Affliction (Will; Impaired+Vulnerable/Stunned+Defenseless/Incapacitated+Paralyzed; Extra Condition, Cumulative) Linked Weaken Stamina (Fortitude; Progressive), all effects (Limited 2 [Only against Defenseless opponents]). (3/rank).

Targeted Teleportation: Move Object (Perception Range) (3/rank).

Baleful Teleport: Weaken Chosen Ability (Fortitude; Broad, Perception Range) (4/rank).

Offscreen Teleportation: Concealment (2/rank).

Calculations

PL: 10. PP: 0/150. Hero Points: 1.
    Abilities: 20. Stats: 10. Skills: 30. Advantages: 18. Powers: 82.

Show
    Fear My Name [Motivation - Recognition]: Don't get me wrong. Vazer puts on an act about being a cold, ruthless, nothing-but-business mercenary assassin, but it's all facade. Deep down, he's driven by his ego. He want to be known as one of the most feared and deadly assassins on the planet. ("Naturally, I wouldn't want my name sung from the rooftops or anythings...but whispered in terror in the dark of night...yes, that will do.")

Smart Mouth [Addiction]: Okay, maybe it isn't technically an addiction, but good lord this man will not shut up with the sarcastic jokes and snide comments and off-hand threats. And the smirk. It just doesn't go away, just a perpetual look of amused contempt for...pretty much anyone he encounters, really.

Chip in the Head [Disability]: ("Well, that's inconvenient. Yes, yes, yes, I'll be a good little assassin and serve the cause of law and justice and OW okay teleporting it out of my head doesn't work...")

Warden [Enemy]: The hero that brought him in, Warden is super-strong, super-tough, and a skilled teleporter. He specializes in brawling tactics, disorienting an opponent with a powerful unarmed strike to set up a fast grab and then teleport them straight into a holding cell. He also wears a special visor that allows him to track teleportation and ignore all forms of concealment. He is Vazer's arch-foe, his most hated enemy, so designated by...basically just bringing him in as just one more supervillain in a long line of successfully apprehended supervillains. ("AND HE WILL PAY!")

Pyroclast [Enemy]: Pyroclast, on the other hand, is after Vazer's head. An energy controller with sun-based powers, she commands potent fire blasts and powerful healing, including resurrection and personal immortality. Originally a celebrated hero who went by the codename Corona, Vazer has at this point killed off two boyfriends, a fiancee, both her parents, all three of her siblings, about half a dozen close friends, her pet goldfish ("Funny story actually, I teleported the goldfish into her sister's heart. Twofer!")...yeah. Not to mention personally killing her on four separate occasions. The first couple of hits were actually legitimate jobs, but after a while it just became a bit of a pet project of his. Vazer's kinda a creep, if you haven't noticed. Thing is, in the time he's been imprisoned, Pyroclast has taken her new name, growing in strength and in anger. He's likely to be in for quite a surprise when he learns just how powerful she's become...

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("Oh, he thinks he's beaten me, that just because I'm locked up in this prison I'm out of the game. But now I'm getting out! HAH! Warden will learn, he will learn just what he is dealing with once I get out of here, and he shall rue the day he attracted the notice of Vanish! My master plan is already in the works! He's falling, obliviously, directly into my trap! The only difficulty, the only difficulty, will be deciding which exquisitely painful and genre-reaffirmingly-slow-acting poison I will teleport into his bloodstream to finally do the deed. Maybe I'll use all of them. DO YOU HEAR ME WARDEN!? ALL OF THEM!!!")

Arrogant [Quirk]: To say that Vazer has an ego problem is like saying the Hulk has a bit of a temper. He looks down on pretty much everyone, particularly those who use brute force to solve their problems (although he has no issue with using violence to solve them), and will casually bandy taunts and insults even to people he really shouldn't. He's also quick to respond to challenges, although he is more than happy to flee when he realizes he's outmatched. He is a professional, fortunately, so he can work well enough with others when he has to, as long as they have modest tolerance for annoyance (or decent senses of humor). If bested, he can grow, well...mmm...

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("I will laugh for weeks once he is dead. LITERALLY WEEKS! I'll be completely unable to work because I'll be laughing TOO HARD to be stealthy! Because he's DEAD! Maybe I'll bring him to that novice Corona and get her to bring him back to life so I can kill him again! And when he's finally dead and gone, I'll burn the body! And then put the ashes in a jar! And break the jar! And put the broken shards of jar (and ashes) in a crate! And mail the crate to the OCEAN! And then SINK THE BOAT THAT WAS DELIVERING THE CRATE! And then I'll kill the mailman, because we can't leave witnesses you know.")

Grandma DeLoren [Relationship/Secret]: Vazer's grandmother is his only living relative. A tough, no-nonsense old lady, Vazer has carefully kept his profession from her knowledge and obfuscated any records of their relation. She's pretty much the only person he respects and cares for; in her presence, he's helpful, devoted, and can even make pleasant conversation. ("And anyone who messes with her will wake up with a Portal Blade where the rest of this analogy is supposed to be. Because they won't wake up. Because they'll be DEAD!")

Berserk Button [Temper]: ("What? A man can't dislike crude, brutish oafs who pick on people smaller or weaker than them as some petty power play without being all psychoanalyzed. Oh sure, being a stone-cold ruthless murderer means I should be laughing when other people get pushed around, right? It's perfectly reasonable to get a little angry when you see that kind of stuff, mainly because of just how petty and stupid it is. Bullies. They just...deserve to die when you think about it. Consider it a public service. It certainly has nothing to do about any events that may or may not have occurred in this hypothetical "past" you seem to think I have.")

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("And then I'll send deep-sea divers down to recover the crate! Only they won't find the crate, they'll find my army of trained ninja shark assassins who I sent to eat the crate! And in the massive undersea battle that ensues, the last surviving diver will gut the final shark, and the ashes will spill out in a bloody tide into the sea and get eaten by plankton! And the plankton will die from the poison I originally killed him with! And that will be the end of Warden, his justly deserved karmic recompense for the insult he dealt me!")

Spoiler: Power Descriptions
    Show
    Tactical Teleportation [Metahuman] [Teleportation]: Vazer relies extensively on teleportation in combat to avoid enemy attacks. He times and targets his teleports to not only avoid individual attacks, but escape immediate notice to avoid follow-up blows, a defensive technique that requires extensive stealth training. While Vazer is skilled enough to perform such manuevers routinely, anything that impairs his checks or hampers his stealth will similarly degrade his active defenses.

Teleportation Mastery [Metahuman] [Teleportation]: Vazer is a skilled teleporter, able to change direction and velocity, target his teleports precisely, and split a teleport into multiple rapid individual jumps. He can also teleport up to 800 pounds along with him when he teleports. His teleportation is incredibly subtle, with no display heralding his departure or arrival, not even a pop of displaced air.

Teleporter's Vision [Metahuman]: Vazer's senses have adapted to his powers. He can see ten times as far as most people, and accurately judge direction and distance with a glance.

Teleportation [Metahuman] [Teleportation]: Vazer has developed his teleportation powers into a variety of tricks and tactics. His teleportation isn't completely effortless though. It requires that he note and account for dozens of complex variables. While Vazer is sufficiently alert to keep track of such matters routinely, anything that impairs his actions or hampers his perception can degrade his powers (they often kept him in a sensory deprivation chamber in prison). Vazer can use several of these techniques simultaneously, up to a certain point, although the complexity of keeping track of all the variables generally limits him to ten ranks in any given power (he can push harder if he really needs to, but has a substantial chance of failing).

Flash Step: A simple teleport good for basic combat mobility, Vazer can instantly transport himself to a new position that he can accurately perceive and that he has an unobstructed path to. Solid barriers, even transparent ones, or anything that blocks his sight prevents him from reaching the target location.
    Teleport (Limited [Must have Line of Sight and Line of Effect to destination]) (1/rank).

Teleport: For more serious mobility, Vazer can bring his full teleportation powers to bear, obviating any need of line of sight any freely bypassing obstructions. With concentration, he can teleport tremendous distances, although this can be disorienting.

Portal Blade: Vazer's primary weapon, he folds space to form a sort of unstable portal in the shape of a blade. As a hole in space, nothing physical can exist where this weapon exists; it will slice cleanly through pretty much anything it touches, regardless of physical toughness, making it tremendously lethal against those who cannot get quickly out of the way.

Portal Blade (Sneak Attack): Vazer is first and foremost an assassin, and his ego in no way demands he provide his foes a fair fight. When he can catch a foe off-guard, he can strike for critical damage. The shock of such an attack can hamper, disable, or completely incapacitate an opponent, as well as causing vital injury that can rapidly lead to death.

Portal Blade (Death Attack): If his target is completely defenseless, on the other hand, Vazer can finish them off with brutal efficiency, causing severe physical trauma and shock. This sort of attack is almost always made as a Finishing Attack and frequently a Power Attack.

Targeted Teleportation: When up-close combat isn't practical (or the enemy is too agile to strike with his Portal Blade), Vazer resorts to a more direct method of offensive teleportation - simply teleporting objects at his opponent. Or teleporting the opponent into some vulnerable position. Or, when he wants to simplify things, just teleporting some sort of harmful object directly into the target's body to save on all that pesky "hitting" that normal combat requires. He's also fond of firing a gun and teleporting the bullet to, like, six inches behind the target's head.

Warden Must DIE! [Obsession]: ("Anyway, that's plan number 37. Now, in number 38, I lead off with just, like, silently following him everywhere for about a week. And just up and killing everyone he talks to. Let the fear and despair grow, you know, wait for people to really start cursing his name. And then, when the blood of dozens is on his hands, I teleport all the bodies at him at once! Just like bury him in the bodies of everyone he once knew and failed to save! I'm trying to figure out where to go from there, but I always get a little lost once I've hit the 'savor his exquisite screams of terror and despair like a finely-aged wine' stage. Maybe something having to do with bullets? Do they still use bullets these days? I'm a little out of touch...because that accursed Warden sent me to prison. I'm going to KILL HIM!")

Baleful Teleport: Vazer can also teleport harmful substances directly into a target's body - or teleport portions of the target's body elsewhere! This attack is as brutal as it is coldly clinical, and can impose a wide variety of debilitations.

Offscreen Teleportation: The subtlety of Vazer's teleportation allows him to use it to greatly enhance his stealth, teleporting always outside an observer's range of detection, his own incredible perceptions allowing him to keep track of his surroundings and possible zones of detection flawlessly. With enough effort, he can escape the notice of even non-visual and super-senses.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Pending!

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Pending!
    Your character seems to be a bit cheesy, particularly in two places. Tactical Teleportation seems extremely cheesy; can Check Required actually be used if you can't fail the check? You spent 6 2/3 Points on Stealth and 1 on Skill Mastery, for a total of 8 Points (if we round up) for something that saves you a total of 16 Points, netting you 8 points overall.

Your Teleportation Mastery Power seems to have totaled up wrong; I'm counting 12, not 11. It also seems like something that would require a Variable or something since it applies to all teleportation powers.

The Check Required on your Teleportation Array also seems a bit off as well, especially for such a large Array. You have Movement, Damage, Afflictions, Weaken, Move Object and Concealment all in the same Dynamic Array. It seems a somewhat cheap way to net a whole lot of powers pretty easily.

Feel free to ignore all of this, but those are just my 2 cents. Currently it seems like he has no real weakness compared to the rest of us.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Nia mostly speaks in Purple, though that may change once he starts shapeshifting.

Mechanics
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nniadobetae ("Nia")
    PL10

Abilities
    Strength 0 (10)
    Stamina 10
    Agility 1
    Dexterity 1
    Fighting 10
    Intellect 0
    Awareness 10
    Presence 2

Powers
    "The Nature of the Beast":
    Withering Touch: [Weaken 10 [Broad (Abilities), Targets Will]
    Alt: Decrepify: Affliction 10 [Extra Condition; (Dazed and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Disabled, Incapacitated and Paralyzed), Targets Fortitude]
    Alt: Demonic Strength: Enhanced Strength 10
    Alt: Incompatible Dimensions: Damage 10 [Area: Burst]
    Shapeshift: Morph 3
    Space is Meaningless: Teleport 3 [Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout]
    (46 points)

Advantages
    Power Attack
    Attractive 2
    Taunt
    Improved Initiative
    Luck
    Daze
    Uncanny Dodge
    Accurate Attack
    All-out Attack
    Improved Initiative

Skills
    Athletics 5 (+5/+15)
    Deception 18 (+20)
    Expertise: Demonology 11 (+11)
    Insight 6 (+16)
    Perception 6 (+16)
    Persuasion 3 (+5)
    Sleight of Hand 5 (+6)

Offense
    Initiative +9

Defense
    Dodge 10
    Parry 10
    Toughness 10
    Fortitude 10
    Will 10

Power Points
    Abilities 68 + Powers 46 + Advantages 10 + Skills 17 + Defenses 9 = Total 150

Complications
    Chipped - Nia's got the standard issue explosive chip installed in his head. While his physiology isn't quite human, incarnated like he is a cranial explosion will kill him.
    Demonic - As a visitor to the material plane, Nia is subject to certain limitations, as determined by the GM. Perhaps he is weakened within consecrated ground, or cannot pass over a line of pure silver. Whatever the case, when it gets in the way, it's really irritating.

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nniadobetae (a.k.a. Nia, a.k.a. Max Webster) was summoned to the earthly realm by grief, and it seems to follow him wherever he goes. A spirit of the lower planes, he was called to Freedom City by a mediocre demonologist by the name of Jack Webster. Webster had lost his son in a car accident, and performed a powerful rite of summoning far out of his league, intent on mortgaging his soul to bring back his child. Nia was called forth to this task, but true resurrection was beyond his (and indeed any demon of his ilk’s) power. Unfortunately for Webster, the summoning terms simply demanded that Nia fulfill his desires, not actually complete his task. And so, Nia simply pretended to perform some great ritual, and then disguised himself as Webster’s son, returned from the grave.

While that took care of Webster’s immediate demands, Nia had no particular interest in living out someone else’s life until Webster died of old age. Unable to directly harm his ‘father’, he used his demonic power to sew chaos in Freedom City, and planted clues that led back to Webster. When the authorities arrived, he used his natural cunning and role as an ‘innocent bystander’ to escalate the situation to violence. Unfortunately, Eldritch was on scene and managed to see through his ruse just in time. Nia was captured and remanded into a prison capable of restraining someone of his nature.

In prison, he was approached by Task Force Epsilon, and while their offer to him was even more off the books than usual, their message was clear: do as we say, and Jack Webster has an ‘accident’. Nia doesn’t trust them in the least, but it’s an opportunity nonetheless. Whether the Epsilon recruiter keeps their word, or he manages his own escape, Nia’s ready to leave.

Appearance

Nia’s a shapeshifter, so his appearance and clothing varies. Much of the time, though, he sticks to the form of Max Webster, the ten-year-old dark-haired green-eyed boy that he was summoned to replace, though he’ll add a forked tail if he wants to remind people of what he is. As a magical spirit, Nia doesn’t identify with any particular humanoid form as his own, but he’s found people hesitate when confronting him as Max. That said, he’ll take whatever shape’s needed to accomplish the mission; being trapped in flesh is bad enough that the specific shape of that flesh is irrelevant.

Personality

It’s rather difficult to determine; Nia is such a consummate liar that he’s almost always presenting a false face to someone. Spirits of his kind tend to be mercurial, vain, and a little bit sadistic, and while Nia has displayed all of those traits at one point or another, he’s also proven capable of a surprising degree of foresight and patience. He sees the politics and struggles of the mortal realm as entirely beneath him, but is polite enough to keep that to himself.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2014-10-08 at 08:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Your character seems to be a bit cheesy, particularly in two places. Tactical Teleportation seems extremely cheesy; can Check Required actually be used if you can't fail the check? You spent 6 2/3 Points on Stealth and 1 on Skill Mastery, for a total of 8 Points (if we round up) for something that saves you a total of 16 Points, netting you 8 points overall.
    I used to think the same about Check Required until I realized where the primary hindrance comes in. Yes, Vazer can, by default, routine pass the check for full ranks. But anything that hampers his skill checks is going to reduce his routine check. At that point, he has to either accept equally impaired ranks, or take the risk of actually rolling the check, potentially doing fine but potentially taking a much larger rank penalty (probably the former, because rolling the check again every round is just annoying). Resultantly, an effect that Weakens Vazer's Agility is going to lower his Dodge twice, once for the actual loss and once for the reduced Stealth, as well as lowering his Parry. Similarly, any effect that imposes Impaired or Disabled status will, in addition to lowering all his Resistance checks as normal, also lower his active defenses.

My general rule of thumb is that while skills are great flavor, they're generally less valuable that equivalent points spent on powers (so Check Required is also a nice way to make your skills "matter more"), and that active defenses are generally less valuable than resistance checks, which is why I went ahead and added the same Check Required to both. The former, of course, is somewhat mitigated by the game's house rules. (WOW I totally confused this with another game for a while there). Now, to be perfectly fair, that's just my opinion, but it's an influence on how I built the character.

Your Teleportation Mastery Power seems to have totaled up wrong; I'm counting 12, not 11. It also seems like something that would require a Variable or something since it applies to all teleportation powers.
    On the point count...you are quite right . I must have miscounted Flight...? I'll go back and add a Limit that the Flight doesn't allow him to actually move, just hover. Good catch, thanks!

On the teleport addons, it's basically exactly the same as if I added those things to my array for each teleportation power, and shifted their points to the array's points, since I naturally will only use one teleport power at a time. Doing it this way, however, prevents me from using those points on other features of the array when I don't need to have teleportation active.

The Check Required on your Teleportation Array also seems a bit off as well, especially for such a large Array. You have Movement, Damage, Afflictions, Weaken, Move Object and Concealment all in the same Dynamic Array. It seems a somewhat cheap way to net a whole lot of powers pretty easily.
    Check Required actually has an interesting impact when placed on a Dynamic Array. Normally, a Dynamic Array theoretically allows one to use powers that don't have a PL limit at much higher ranks if putting full points to that power. But by adding Check Required, I functionally cap the powers at ten ranks for easy use; Vazer could, potentially, perform a much higher-rank use of one of the powers, but he'd have a much lower chance of success. This is of course in addition to the above limitations; at this point, if Vazer gets Impaired or Disabled, not only is he taking the normal penalties to attack and resistance rolls, but his own Effect DCs, movement speed, and active defenses are all equally penalized.

EDIT: Also worth noting, just to make sure it's clear, I applied the Check Required discount strictly to the cost of the array itself, not individually to each power used. It's giving back ten points off the array cost, not letting me grab ten extra points of teleportation, ten extra points of offense, and ten extra points of concealment simultaneously. May have been obvious, but wanted to specify it just in case.

As far as the versatility of the array...well, that I think is just that we look at arrays differently. I look at mine and see, "attack powers, movement powers, and concealment". All three of which are things that I'll want to use simultaneously in many cases. It would have been somewhat more cost-effective, though less flexible, to separate them into two non-dynamic arrays, one with the movement and concealment, one with the attacks. Again, whether that's the "right" way to view the game is certain open to debate, but it's how I see it.

Feel free to ignore all of this, but those are just my 2 cents. Currently it seems like he has no real weakness compared to the rest of us.
    No worries at all. I'm a very mechanically-minded player and something of an optimizer, but I really do try to make my characters effective without being dominating. My success at that isn't assured, but I think Vazer's on the okay end. I'll be happy to change him if some degree of consensus agrees that I should.

EDIT: And I apologize for kinda responding to your points with a whole...diatribe, now that I look at it. Hopefully it's good enough explanation to be worth it, though .
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2014-05-23 at 12:23 AM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Scylla
    PL 10, 150 pp

Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Abilities (48pp)
    Strength 6, Stamina 5, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 3, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Skills (26pp)
    Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 4 (+10), Close Combat (Unarmed) 10 (+13), Perception 4 (+6), Insight 3 (+5), Expertise (Survival) 4 (+7), Intimidation 12 (+12), Stealth 5 (+8), Ranged Combat (Thrown) 6 (+8)

Advantages (10pp)
    Defensive Roll 2, Benefit (Ambidextrous), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Equipment 1, Improved Hold, Takedown 1, Startle, Favored Environment (Underwater)

Powers (47pp)
    Cephalopod: Extra Limbs 6 (10 total) (6pp)
    Sea Creature: Immunity 3 (Cold, Pressure, Drowning) (3pp)
    Tough Skin: Protection 3 (Flaw: Noticeable) (2 pp)
    Squid Senses: Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense) (2pp)
    Feature 1: Iron Stomach (1pp)
    Boneless Body: Insubstantial 1 (Quirk: Needs some space) (4pp)
    Legless: Movement 3 (Slithering, Environmental Adaptation (Underwater), Wall-Crawling) (6pp)
    Claws: Strength-Based Damage 1 (1pp)
    Multi-Arm Strike: Strength-Based Damage 1 (Extras: Reach 4, Multiattack 8 (13pp)
    Long Reach: Elongation 2 (30 ft) (Flaws: Tentacles only) (1 pp)
    Aquatic: Swimming 5 (16 mph) (5pp)
    Camouflage: Concealment (Visual) 2 (Flaw: Blending) (2pp)

Defenses (22pp)
    Dodge: 9
    Parry: 10
    Fortitude: 9
    Toughness: 10/8*
    Will: 8

*Without Defensive Roll

Equipment (5ep)
    5ep as needed.

Totals
    Abilities 48 + Defenses 22 + Powers 47 + Advantages 10 + Skills 26 = 153 pp

Complications:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Motivation: Thrills: Scylla has been cooped up in various cells for years. The chance to get out, stretch her many legs, and do something that isn't harassing Atlantean royalty is one she'll jump at (Metaphorically. She's a lousy jumper. See above, many legs.)

Motivation: ...Doing Good?: Scylla doesn't hate most surface-dwellers, far from it. They're fascinating and adorable little things. Keeping them safe is a good thing.

Enemy: Theseus, current King of Atlantis, formerly Sea-King, member of the Freedom League. Also his daughter, Thetis (the Next-Gen member Nereid), their ally and current FL member Siren.

Prejudice: Scylla is strange and inhuman looking, even by the standards of the cape-and-tights set. Under the sea, her people are considered second-class citizens at best and monsters at worst.

Carnivorous: Cecaelia don't resort to cannibalism outside the same desperate stakes a human would, but they are pure carnivores, and that taboo doesn't extend to other species, even other sapients. Scylla isn't the sort to go munching on an innocent bystander, but her habits are likely to disturb members of those other sapient species- like humans, say.

Weakness: While amphibious, Scylla's natural habitat is aquatic. Spending too much time on land without "refreshing" herself leads to pain, fatigue and other unpleasant symptoms (other symptoms and how often this complication comes up are left to the GM.)

Chip in yer Head: Ahh, the biggest sticking point. And so unnecessary!

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show

Scylla is humanoid from the waist up, slim and muscular, with long arms ending in strong, skinny fingers. Instead of fingernails, she has small claws, shaped like the talons of a bird of prey. Her skin is sea-green, dappled with lighter greens and browns. She has very large, red eyes, with W-shaped pupils, like those of a cuttlefish. She has no hair. Rather, a large number of short tentacles grow from her head, draping down around her neck and shoulders. Her skin is slick and tough, not slimy, but waxy and definitely inhuman. Scylla's skeleton is cartilaginous, and she can squeeze herself through any opening large enough to fit her head through, though the results are not always pleasant to watch.

From the waist down, Scylla's body resembles that of a octopus or squid, with eight thick suction-cupped tentacles in place of legs. The tentacles are quite long, easily reaching 20 feet fully extended. They are strong enough to support Scylla on land, allowing her to move around, rather like a snake. The tentacles taper to ends the width of a finger, and are prehensile, allowing Scylla to easily grab and manipulate things with them.

Background
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Primitive creatures, inherently violent and cruel. Of culture they have next to nothing, a few crude scratchings on rock facings, trinkets of shell and bone. They are by and large nomadic, traveling and raiding as the currents take them, lacking both the organization and leadership of more civilized peoples. They have not the intelligence of even the dullest-witted Atlantean, though some do show a sort of low cunning, akin to a predator of nature or the degenerate races commonly called the Deep Ones, and as a whole are even more barbarous and fractious in nature than the surface-dwellers. Swimmer’s tales and vulgar stories, popular among the lower classes, speak of the Cecaelia calling on blasphemous magics and devouring the flesh of those they take captive. As a humble and godly man with an appreciation for his limbs, I leave the proof of these horrid tales to those less prudent.”

-Excerpt from “On the Races of the Deep” by Epaphras, Scholar of Atlantis, earliest known work describing the Cecaelians.

They were once human, like all Atlanteans. When the great continent sank beneath the waves thousands and thousands of years ago, many perished. The survivors adapted to their new world through technology and magic. Some resettled the old cities. Some became nomads, warlords and barbarians. Some allied and intermarried with the Serpent People of Lemuria, becoming the warped, degenerate fish-like Deep Ones, worshipping the same nameless entities as the Serpent folk.

And some took a different path entirely. There are older and stranger things in the deep than one born on the surface could ever know. Places of great magical power, places where the walls between worlds grow thin. Places where the wandering eye of some unknowable thing, some distant cousin of the foul cosmic horrors the Deep Ones bow to, might peek into our dimension, and at a whim, answer prayers directed at the sad little gods of Atlantis, and provide the people of a drowning city with forms more suited to their new home. Such things were known to the earliest priests of the Cecaelia, but they have been long lost, and it would take many lifetimes of scholarship (and probably a time machine) to ever hope to bring them to light again. The Cecaelians themselves have myths of being birthed from the darkness at the bottom of the deepest trenches. The oceans have always been their home. The more rational and scientific figure the Preservers had something to do with creating them.

Since that glowing report so many millennia ago, relations between the Kingdom of Atlantis and the Cecaelian tribes haven’t improved much. The secretive creatures dwell in the deep, dark corners of the ocean, and prefer their rugged caravans and closeknit kinship groups to the sprawling high-tech cities of the kingdom. Things have improved a little in recent years, King Theseus curbing the worst crimes of his predecessors. Most Atlanteans, though, don’t have the perspective on the world that serving in the Freedom League gets you, and many still consider the Cecaelia little more than cannibalistic monsters.

Nomads, the Cecaelia have seasonal and traditional places of dwelling, but little infrastructure. Atlantis, though, claims full dominion of the oceans, and to them, a place that is empty now is a place for a new city, even if the Cecalia have been using it as their warm-water home for six centuries. The Cecaelia find themselves fighting alongside the Deep Ones and Atlantean “barbarians” against the expansion of the Kingdom almost as much as they fight among themselves. Never numerous, and unable to match the ancient magic and Preserver-derived supertech that provide Atlantis with its power, they have long valued trickery and deceit instead. Winning a battle against the royal Atlantean army is good. Breaking the general’s neck while he sleeps and making it look like Atlantean radicals are responsible is better.

Which, incidentally, brings us to our heroine, currently locked up in Blackstone. Scylla, to use her nickname, since her birthname is a noise humans can’t make, was a promising young scout and saboteur, honored professions among a people who value cleverness above strength. She would have been just another squid troublemaker to the Atlanteans, except for two things. The first were surface broadcasts. It was worth all the risks to make the long trek up to get to listen to and watch the crazy tales of the surface-dwellers. Superheroes and villains were her favorite. Apparently, they considered anyone who wasn’t a baseline land human to have “superpowers.” Theseus had duped the fools, serving as the “hero” Sea-King with nothing more than the natural talents of any Atlantean. Even Scylla had superpowers up here!

The second was a matter of blood- specifically, the blood of that general she killed. Normally, some forged papers would be enough to pin the blame on anti-royalist extremists within Atlantis, and keep the army occupied rooting them out and away from Cecalian waters. This victim, though, was a beloved cousin of the king, and the frenzied investigation into his death, led by Theseus himself, eventually revealed the documents for the forgeries they were, and traced to their true source. Desperate to avoid direct conflict, her tribe handed Scylla to Atlantis in chains.

While stewing in jail, Scylla had plenty of time with her own thoughts. She had a revelation. On the surface, she’d heard stories of those who fought the Sea-King, crazy and brilliant people like the pirate Devil Ray, who used supertech to mimic the superior beings of the deep. The king had made this personal. If he wanted to treat her like one of his supervillains, she could work with that. She’d be the greatest supervillain he ever faced!

Scylla broke out of jail seven times before Atlantis got fed up and shipped her to the surface. Her rampages got increasingly wild, inventive, and bloody during that time, and her treatment when inevitably caught became more extreme in turn, eventually becoming 24/7 solitary confinement, with no contact save a guard shoving food in twice a day and weekly checks to see if she was still alive. Somewhere along the line, something cracked. The creature floating in Blackstone is more than a little mad, but there might be enough for Task Force Epsilon to make use of. Scylla has no ill will towards most surface-dwellers. It’s far too much fun to give up being a supervillain, but if they want her help, she just might give it.

Scylla will speak in Teal, assuming nobody finds that too hard to read.
    Last edited by Propagandist; 2014-09-11 at 11:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Well Informed Response
    Show
    Sheesh 34. Umm...well, for starters, go ahead and assume he has a copy of Vazer's character sheet .

I need to finalize his backstory, but the basics are, he manifested his powers when his parents died in a car crash (he teleported to safety), when he was eight years old. Was raised by his grandmother, kinda hot-headed rebellious youth. Was contacted at fourteen by the CIA who wanted to use his powers for Shady Government Stuff. By nineteen, had had his fill of taking orders and basically took what he had learned and went off the grid. Didn't take long to start killing for profit, although there's enough data on him if you know where to look (and a nat 20 Well Informed does) that one can tell that he's also done his share of killing for pride. Or fun. Or general frustration. And of course much of his time in the prison was spent ranting about how he was going to kill Warden when (not if; he's arrogant, after all) he got out.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

So you rolled a 1 on information on CiCi so I think you pretty much know what the general told you.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogsrow View Post
    So you rolled a 1 on information on CiCi so I think you pretty much know what the general told you.
    Actually, there are no critical failures on Skill Checks in M&M.

With a 25, I would get what the PDF defines as Protected information as that is four degrees of success.

Also, Quellian, I suppose that makes sense. Tactical Teleportation still seems a bit cheesy as it would need to be specifically targeted, but the rest seems alright. I think we just have alternate views on how Arrays should work.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-05-22 at 09:32 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Well it's still a 15, which is pretty much, you know what the general said XD, granted there really isn't much more to know aside from her specific powers.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cogsrow View Post
    Well it's still a 15, which is pretty much, you know what the general said XD, granted there really isn't much more to know aside from her specific powers.
    Oops, for some reason I thought I had a 24 in that skill. It would be specific information so yeah, General would probably be about right.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

CiCi isn't really someone to know a lot about anyways, so what the general said is about it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Vazer now has description and backstory.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, it looks like we're all getting to know one another, at least.
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2014-05-23 at 07:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Claiming the color Dark Gray for England Jettatura!

Jettatura

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

Spoiler: Background
    Show

Sidney's parents have always been involved in shady business with equally shady people, to make up for their basic inability to manage their money responsibly. She was 11 when they had the great idea of shortchanging a guy in one such not-very-legal deal. He was alone, not very impressive, and merely cursed at them. Worth it.
    Or was it? The next morning, their daughter woke up seeing the world very differently. Everybody, her parents included, hardly looked human anymore; they all seemed nasty, creepy, evil.
    At first, afraid of such a sudden change, she shut up and hoped the hallucinations would go away. They didn't. She told her parents. They immediately realized what had happened, but had no desire to tell her the truth; not only would they come off as the villains of the story, but she would surely ask them to find the guy and give his money back, and they couldn't afford to do so. Therefore, they denied everything, and instead ordered the girl to stop “making up stuff” to attract attention.
    Disheartened, Sid spent her adolescence trying to suppress vainly her second sight. Schoolmates and teachers always seemed to avoid her. They looked so sharply cruel and petty, yet the girl tried to ignore that. On top of that, sometimes, people she stared at for too long tended to run into unfortunate events.
    Sid figured out she'd inherited an Evil Eye, and read enough books about magic for her school grades to suffer.
    In order to pay the bills, she worked as a barista at some coffee chain, and some nights, she went out and tried to fight crime or do good with her Evil Eye, since she couldn't get rid of it. It backfired spectacularly, and avoided getting arrested by superheroes a couple times; everybody pinged as “evil” to her cursed eyes, and judging people's morality according to their appearance was impossible. Did she perceive past evil? Future evil? Potential evil? Imagined evil? Something else altogether? No idea.
    Finally, one day, she invited her friend Tammy at home. If she couldn't get rid of the Evil Eye nor use it for good, she could at least tell someone. Not be alone anymore.
    Sid has prepared a small spell allowing to share her second sight with someone, and Tammy benefited from it. But her reaction was to scream, and call Sidney a freak.
    Something snapped at that instant. She was the one who could see what evil truly lurked in people's heart, and she was the freak!?
    A rampage started from there and went in a surprisingly straight line from her flat to the other side of the city.
    Soon after that, Sid was caught by the police at her parents' home, screaming incoherently about the address and name of some guy. Her parents are still in mental institutions today.
    Sid feels a lot more serene after being confined to a cell, seldom seeing people. She's also at peace with her Evil Eye. It shows the truth. If a superhero looks more evil than a serial killer, then the former requires a more serious punishment than the latter. Only she can see the truth, therefore only she can punish the wicked appropriately.
    (Her new coworkers don't seem that evil, that being said.)

Show
    - Nazar and Hamsa (Power Loss) – People wearing talismans or symbols purposefully designed to ward off the evil eye, no matter the culture, are immune to her powers. There was a bunch of these things in her cell. (Throwing the sign of the horns doesn't work, though.)

- The Shady Guy Behind It All (Hatred) – He's behind it all, and he probably knows about her. All she knows is that he seemed weakly (else her parents wouldn't have taken the risk of angering him), that he's got some mystic powers, and that he lent a lot of money to her parents one decade ago.

- Chip in the Head (Motivation) – If only Jettatura could get rid of that thing - but she's grown used to being unable to get rid of what she gets. At least, if she survives, she leaves prison early (instead of "never").

- Sidney Toro (Identity) – Jettatura, at the end of the day, is still just a thin, not very pretty barista, who avoids making eye contact with her customers, and whose poor, poor parents have gone insane.

- Seeing Things Differently (Quirk) – When everybody looks inhuman enough, with red eyes or pointy teeth or crawling insects, information can get lost. Also, Jettatura hasn't seen anyone untainted by the evilness filter since she got the Evil Eye; there's no telling how she would react if she met such a being.

- Local Mafia (Enemy) – Now her parents are unable to pay them back anymore. But they're already in a mental hell; doing anything more to them would be pointless. They still have a daughter, though, and she can pay back...

Spoiler: Sheet
    Show

153PP total.

Abilities (58PP)

Strength 0
    Agility 2
    Stamina 4
    Dexterity 5
    Fighting 2
    Intelligence 4
    Awareness 10
    Presence 2

Defenses (5PP)

Dodge 6
    Parry 3
    Fortitude 5
    Toughness 4
    Will 10

Initiative +10
    Finger Gun: Damage 10, +10 (DC Will 25)
    Curse of Insanity: DC Will 25
    Grab +2 (DC Spec 10)
    Throw +5 (DC 15)
    Unarmed +2 (DC 15)

Skills (13PP)

Acrobatics 3
    Expertise (Magic) 8
    Expertise (Criminal) 5
    Insight 6
    Intimidation 8
    Ranged Combat (Finger Gun) 5
    Sleight of Hand 4
    Stealth 2

Advantages (13PP)

Assessment
    Diehard
    Improved Aim
    Improved Initiative 2
    Luck 4
    Ritualist
    Startle
    Tracking
    Uncanny Dodge

Powers (68PP)

Aura of the Evil Eye (8)
    Feature 1: alternate supervillainous appearance
    Energy Absorption 6 (Material projectiles (arrows, bullets, etc)), Boost: Dodge
    Energy Absorption 6 (Bludgeoning), Bosst: Parry

Evil Eye (6)
    Luck Control 2 (Force a re-roll, Negate luck)

Finger Gun (22)
    Damage 10, Affects Insubstantial (half ranks), Alternate Resistance (Will), Increased Range (Ranged), Insidious, Limited (Target must have/be soul)

Second Sight (16)
    Senses 8 (Sight) (Counters All Concealment, Counters Illusion: sight, Microscopic vision 1: dust size), Affects Others

Curse of Insanity (17)
    Affliction (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Defenseless, 3rd degree: Unaware), Resisted by Will, Progressive, Area: Perception (Sight), Incurable, Check Required (Intimidation DC 14)

Spoiler: Power Description
    Show

Aura of the Evil Eye [Evil, Mystic, Luck]
    The unleashed power of the Evil Eye. When activated, Sidney's appearance changes, making her unrecognizable. It also afflicts her enemies with temporary clumsiness or poor aim when she gets hurt.

Evil Eye [Evil, Mystic, Luck]
    What makes the Evil Eye so feared. Brings misfortune and causes freak accidents.

Finger Gun [Evil, Magic]
    Those with the Evil Eye can control and channel their malice, damaging directly a target's soul. They traditionally do that by throwing horns, but Jettatura has managed to modernize this spell by modifying the required gesture into a finger gun; it's easier for aiming.

Second Sight [Evil, Mystic, Sight]
    It doesn't just make people seem monstrous through unknown and probably incoherent standards of evilness; it also shows the truth to some degree. Which made it hard for Sid to dismiss the visions as mere hallucinations. She's learnt a very simple spell that allows her to share this “blessing”, too.

Curse of Insanity [Evil, Mystic, Tyranny, Sight]
    With some effort, Jettatura can break the sanity of whoever watches her; what is more unfortunate than losing your grasp on reality? Her parents still haven't recovered from that.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2014-09-12 at 05:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, your power is neat! Can I determine what Nia's 'true' self looks like, or would you rather keep Jettatura's visions more personal?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks! Heh, I'm open to ideas. The main gist is that everybody looks "evil" to different degrees, so as long as that's respected, that's good. (I haven't decided entirely how it works, but I'm very on board with the idea it's a curse for a reason, and the purpose of the Evil Eye has a lot more to do with ruining the host's life and breaking their psyche than showing objective truths about people's alignment. For all we care, the curse makes random rolls to determine how evil a given person looks like.)
    The poster previously known as Musashi.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

My idea was something like: "A hundred faces on his head, each different, each mouth dripping with poison. The lead face, which is seemingly that of a young boy, is wrapped so thickly in chains that it's difficult to make out his expression. Behind and beneath the faces is a creature indescribable in most mortal languages, an aloof presence which nonetheless manages to convey a complete disgust with mortals and mortal cares."

Decently evil, while retaining a core element of truth.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd love to be able to describe Shooter, if you'd let me.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Go ahead! I'm glad the idea is somewhat popular.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

23. - Top - End - #23

Summer Mitchell

Asura

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Spoiler: ASURA Mk. VII ARMOR
    Show

Spoiler: Character Details
    Show
    Character Name: Summer Mitchell
    Alternate Identity: Asura

Description:
    Height: 5’3”
    Weight: 112lbs
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Brown

History: A teenage prodigy, had her life gone in a slightly different direction, Summer may have ended up as one of the most brilliant minds of the current generation. A smart girl, even from a young age, she graduated college at 14 with a degree in robotics and engineering. Though smart, she was still naïve, and when Kesskorp offered her a big paycheck and a nice lab to work in, she jumped at the opportunity, not bothering to read the fine print of her contract, or do much digging into Kesskorp’s past.

While designing a new, stronger suit of mechanized armor, Summer was critically injured by another experiment that was being housed in the building. A prototype Dark-Hadron reactor critically failed, likely do to Kesskorp skipping out on several safety precautions. It detonated, taking a good chunk of the building with it, and bathing the area in dangerous amounts of radiation.

The explosion left Summer crippled and comatose for half a year. When she awoke, she found her life had gone down the toilet in a hurry. Not only did she have to try and cope with her now paralyzed legs, but also with the fact that she’d lost her job and her work in the meanwhile. Kesskorp had exploited the legal wording of her contract and her incapacitated state to steal Summer’s work on the prototype armor, claiming it as their own and turning a multi-million doller profit. When she protested, they ignored her. And when she tried legal action, the company’s legion of legal advisors counter sued her into abject bankruptcy. Exacerbating things even more was the mounting medical bills she was facing, the radiation exposure continuing to damage her vital organs even long after the event.

Without the money needed to slow her declining health, nor the means to find new employment thanks to Kesskorp making her look like some unpaid intern who couldn’t even fetch coffee, Summer was in dire straights.

In desperation, she spent the last of her money on materials to rebuild and improve her armor design, making the ASURA armor. With it, she wanted to take revenge of Kesskorp, stealing some of the companies more valuable projects and selling them off to whatever rival companies she could find. And with the money from those sales, she could start getting treatment for her condition.

Summer has since continued as a sort of mercenary, selling her services and the use of her armor off to anyone who can meet her price. Its dirty work, especially for someone so young. But then, you’d be surprised what a person can do when they need the money to stay alive.
    Of course, all good things must come to an end. Even if she had a good reason for her actions, much of what Summer had done was illegal. She ended up caught after a nasty fight with a superhero left her armor out of commission. While the mechanized suit made her nearly invincible, without it, she was just a punk kid in a wheelchair. It was all to easy for the police to arrest her.

And that is how Summer ended up in prison, and getting a new job offer. The pay wasn’t great, but the side benefits were amazing. Serve your country, and get paroled. Sounded like a fair deal.

Complications:
    Paraplegic: Due to her injuries, Summer has lost the natural use of her legs. While her armor compensates for this, allowing her to walk while piloting it, outside of the ASURA suit, she needs a wheel chair to move around in.

Poor Health: Radiation exposure, coupled with all manner of strange energy, has wrecked havock on Summer’s health. She needs a variety of medications and frequent visits to doctors to combat the advanced nerve and tissue damage she’s suffered.

Chip in the brain: Summer has been implanted with a chip by the government, as a means of controlling her behavior to ensure compliance, and as a way to terminate her if need be.

Nice Suit: Summer, without her armor, is quite vulnerable and virtually powerless.

Show
    Abilities: 4+4+4+4+4+10+6+4 = 40PP
    Strength: 10/2
    Stamina: 2
    Agility: 2
    Dexterity: 2
    Fighting: 2
    Intelligence: 5
    Awareness: 3
    Presence: 2

Offence:
    Initiative: +6
    Attack: +4 Melee, +4 Ranged

Defenses: 3+6+3+5=17PP
    Dodge: +8 (+2 Agl, +3, +3 (Armor))
    Fortitude: +8 (+2 Sta, +6)
    Parry: +8 (+2 Fig, +3, +3(Armor))
    Toughness: +12 (+2 Sta, +10 (Armor))
    Will: +8 (+3 Awe, +5)

Skills: 12PP
    Expertise: Science 5 (+10)
    Technology 12 (+17)
    Perception 9 (+12)
    Deception 5 (+7)
    Insight 5 (+8)

Feats: 9pp
    Attack Focus (Melee) 2
    Attack Focus (Ranged) 2
    Eidetic Memory
    Improvised Tools
    Inventor
    Improved Initiative
    Move By Action

Powers: 72PP

ASURA Mk VII Armor ( 90PP Container; Flaws: Hard-To-Lose) [72P]
    16+6+17+38+7+6=90/80

Armored Strength (Enhanced Strength 8 ) [16PP] (Enhanced Mechanical Strength)

Combat Computer (Enhanced Dodge 3, Enhanced Parry 3) [6pp](Computer-Aided Combat Abilities)

Armor (Protection 10, Immunity (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation)) [17pp](Advanced Alloy Chassis and Self-Contained Enviroment)

Weapon Systems ( 35pp array Feats: Alternate Effect 3) [38PP] (Advanced, high Energy Offensive Weaponry)

• Base Power: Hyper-Saber (Weaken Toughness 10 Linked Affliction (Vulnerable and Dazed/Stunned and Defenseless) 10 Extras: Linked (Strength Damage), Affects Objects (+1), Extra Condition (+1) Flaws: Limited Degree (-1)Feats: Accurate 3, Penetrating 2) ) [35pp](Three pronged Plasma-Charged Blades)
    • Alternate Power: Seekers ( Damage 10 Extras: Ranged (+1), Multi-attack(+1) Feats: Accurate 3, Homing 2)[35pp](Spray of Targeted Micro-Rockets)
    • Alternate Power: Giga-Cannon (Move Object 10 Extras: Damaging (+1), Area (Line)(+4) Flaws: Touch Range (-1), Limited Direction (Repulsion)(-1), Instant Duration (-2))[30pp](Repulsive Force Beam)
    • Alternate Power: Lux Beam (Damage 10 Linked Affliction (Dazed/Stunned) 10 Extras: Ranged (+2) Flaws: Limited Degree (-1)Feats: Accurate 3, Extended Range 2)[35pp] (Long Range Electrical Discharge)

Thruster Rockets (Flight 6 Flaws: Wings (-1)Feats: Aquatic ) [7PP] (Extensive back mounted rocket propelled mecha-wings, 1800ft/round)

Sensory Systems (4pp array Feats: Alternate Effect 2) [6PP] (Advanced Tracking and targeting systems)

• Base Power: Radar (Senses (Radio, Accurate, Extended 2) ) [4pp](Active Radar scanning system)
    • Alternate Power: X-ray Vision (Vision (Penetrates Concealment, Extended) DrawbackQuirk: Can’t see through Lead (-1))[4pp](Advanced X-ray/Telescopic Vision Systems)
    • Alternate Power: Visual Processing (Vision (Analytic, Rapid, Infravision) )[4pp] (Advanced Visual Detection/ID Systems)

Totals: Abilities (40) + Defense(17) + Skills (12) + Feats (9) + Powers (72) = 150 Power Points
    Last edited by NineOfSpades; 2014-05-26 at 02:33 PM.
    Pirates Of The Sword Coast:Captain Grace Harley

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Does that seem appropriate?

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Also, Quellian, I suppose that makes sense. Tactical Teleportation still seems a bit cheesy as it would need to be specifically targeted, but the rest seems alright. I think we just have alternate views on how Arrays should work.
    After thinking on it some more, I figure that's fair enough. I've edited the writing of Tactical Teleportation to only count the Check Required once, and made up the difference by removing his Teleporter's Vision and Insight.

26. - Top - End - #26

Might not be able to post to much this weekend, but I will try to post if I can.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Added a quick sketch of Jettatura.

28. - Top - End - #28

Do I need to roll to find a cheap motel, or can we presume to find it without difficulty?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Perception for the Spoiler: (1d20+20)[29]

EDIT: Ah well.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2014-05-26 at 10:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Not even gonna roll...Cici is to happy to be observant.