New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Temple of Inari: 50

[Gardens]

Caroline nods with an invisible grin

Of course, Tavlii. Thank you so much for tonight. And I'm glad you got to stay for this...

Caroline pronounces a spell in Vulpan. One would imagine (correctly) that it began "Holy Inari, Mother of Foxes".

The stone lamps of the garden softly come to life, gradually brightening until each one is creating a broad pool of silvery light, clearly revealing the path as it winds around the garden. They highlight the bridge, and bring out the island. Most spectacular, though, are the plants - reflective and fluorescent structures are brought to life, creating a light show to rival the nightclub earlier.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-07-08 at 06:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

Steven watches Tavlii go.
    "Hey, why does she refer to herself as 'we?'" he says, before the place is illuminated.
    "Holy cow. Sheesh, you'd think a temple of tranquility wouldn't have such a sense of showmanship." he says, smiling at her. "It's beautiful, as if I had to tell you that."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

[Full Moon Party Private Preview]

Caroline smiles and moves a little closer (but not immodestly so)

Every month, on the night of the full moon, we celebrate the joys of life. These lamps are mostly used at that time, to help provide atmosphere... and space! This is a temple dedicated to family, growth, hope... to life... it is not what you might be used to thinking of. Life can be exuberant, beautiful, wonderous... sometimes dark, sometimes amazing beyond all imagining - but always worthwhile.

This is my world, Steven: a world of beauty and color and form and magic.

She looks at him with a quiet smile

I'm glad you find it pleasant

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

Steven returns the smile. "I'll have to visit some time then if I'd be allowed. Color is a funny thing. My vocation means I'm so often stuck with black on white paper, but sometimes those can be more vibrant than anything else. I have less life to look forward to then you folks, but that doesn't mean I can't understand how to enjoy it. And my only magic is the metaphorical, but that's still enough at times.
    I'm glad I had the chance to see it. Not bad for a random meet-up in a mid-scale club, wasn't it?"
    he says with a laugh.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

[Gardens]

Caroline laughs

Of course you're allowed! This is a public area: open to all! And the full moon is only four days away, so mark your calendar! It would be a shame if you weren't here.

Then a part of what he said sinks in

Don't worry... *sigh* But how can I say that? Tavlii offers augmentation... and perhaps that explains some of the odd statements she makes from time to time, because I don't know of anything else. I can only offer life, and say... don't let the statistics worry you, because...

She turns and looks in his eyes

Because they shouldn't.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens, Night

Steven returns the stare. He stops and simply looks her in the eyes for a moment or two, silent. And then he laughs, quite heartily.
    "Don't worry about that, Caroline. I'm twenty one, and just barely. I've got at least another set of that before I start worrying about what I've got left. I've got plenty of life with me, even if the standards aren't the same.
    I'm not really sure what you all mean when you've been speaking of offers all night, but I'll accept regardless. And that includes the one for half a week from now. I'll be there."
    he says, eyes full of mirth.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Pixie in the Playground

[Garden]

Caroline chuckles

And you'd better have at least one poem handy. Preferably more, because this Town is notorious for lame or nonexistent poetry - you are familiar with haiku, right?

She thinks a moment

every time the half year
    brings times so hard to put aside
    new friends bring relief

She chuckles

Trying to put words into such structure is a pain, you don't have to stick to that. But the winner gets a prize!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

Steven groans sarcastically.
    "Oh no, I'm terrible with trying to sound artistic, that'll go terrible. Ugh, if you folks do this all the time you'll know if I cheat and take one from elsewhere too! Well, you'll get to laugh at how awful mine is, I'm sure. Just...not too loudly, okay?" he says, with joking embarrassment.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Temple of Inari: 50 - Foxside

[Gardens]

Caroline laughs

Oh, goodness, I won't laugh at your poetry. Not unless it's funny... but any honest submission will be appreciated. And a quotation is perfectly acceptable if it is given proper attribution.

She looks back into his eyes again and gently reaches out to take his hands

I'm sure you can come up with something

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

Steven lets her take his hands. Her hands are warm. And fuzzy! But that was obvious, she's a fox. He looks back at her with a smile.
    "I'll manage something, even if it is a little short notice. And I'm guessing I'll see you and everyone too, even if you have a few priestly duties to attend to? No sense going to a festival if you can't find your friends." he says.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Pixie in the Playground

[Gardens]

Caroline nods

I will most certainly be here - the festival IS my duty that night.

She chuckles

I get a special block of time off just to take a nap during the day so I'm not too sleepy that night. New moon, too.

she still hasn't let go of his hands.

I'm not too sleepy.

she finally looks away, unhappily

But it is getting late... I'm terribly sorry.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens

Steven doesn't seem bothered by the continued hand-holding. With all the lights in the air and the mirth of the conversation, he doesn't care one bit.
    "I'm not really tired at all either. Relax Caroline, it's not even eleven. I think a big girl like you can stay up a while. And I think the only one who can order you around has better things to be doing than checking her high priestess' curfew. So don't worry about the time if that's all there is. It's not like I haven't stayed up later before. Heck, even little kids do usually on New Years'. "

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

[Gardens]

Carolines ears fold down briefly in light embarrassment and she turns back to look at him again

Good, I'm very glad you don't have to go just yet.

There is a soft hissing as the irrigation system begins to gently mist the plants. It was a warm and somewhat humid day, so the cool mist quickly generates a thin layer of damp artificial fog. Caroline gently pulls Steven toward her, which if he accepts will be followed up with an arm around his waist.

Oh! That's pretty... and a bit chilly.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Temple of Inari 50: Foxside

Gardens

Steven gives her a sideways look and a sly smile.
    "It's not that chilly, and I'm not the one with a fur coat." he says, returning the favor with an arm over her shoulder.
    "And you seemed to turn on those lights on your own before. Did you plan this, Miss High Priestess?"

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

[Gardens, night]

Caroline snuggles in closer

But you are nice and warm, and the damp goes right through my fur.

then she giggles

They are automatic, twice a day in the summer.

she looks into his eyes again, her whiskers tickling his chin.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Gardens, night

Steven gives a mocking frown and he shifts the position of his face a little bit so he's not getting poked by her whiskers as much.
    "Well how do you think I feel; I don't have any fur for it to have to go through in the first place! And now I'm starting to think you did do this on purpose if they turn on the same time every night, Miss. We could just go back inside."
    Perhaps they should before the fog gets them rather wet. Or not!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

[Gardens]

Caroline shakes her head

I don't really want to get too wet, my fur takes forever to dry... and I don't want to ruin the dress, it's not mine - I borrowed it from Kat.

She looks down and sees that the hem is indeed already getting pretty damp.

I need to change... come on.

She tries to lead him away from the Sanctuary, toward a large building on the other side of the garden.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Building On The Other Side of The Garden

"Oh, uh, sure okay." says Steven, surprised to be suddenly wrenched from the moment, and lets Caroline lead him around.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Front Door

A large cat-like thing heads toward the front door of the temple. About three feet long, its fur is mainly pink with some white; the tip of her tail, 'mittens' on all four legs, and the fur on her face is white. Her face is the least cat-like thing about her; in fact it looks quite human, especially the nose and mouth. She looks around the area with big, blue eyes, marveling at the structure.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Pixie in the Playground

[Priest's Quarters, Night]

Caroline quietly leads Steven in to the building. There's a staircase just inside the door, and they go up two floors, then Caroline quietly leads him down the length of a dark corridor to a door. If there's any label, it can't be seen in the very dim light, but Caroline doesn't pause: opening the door and leading Steven inside... The light color of the few furnishings show a very small sitting room. She purposely reaches around him to pull the door shut, ending up very close

I'll just be a minute

And before he can answer, she steals a quick kiss before scurrying across the small space and out the doorway on the other side.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Priest's Quarters

It's not quite what Steven would have called a kiss before, but he certainly understands that it's what it was supposed to be. He grins a goofy grin as she goes, and can't quite suppress a shudder once she's gone. Oh my, she kissed him. Is that okay? Well she did tell him not to worry about the numbers. And he does like her, so clearly it must be okay. Hrm, he hasn't been letting her walk over him too much did he? He has been following her lead since they got back. Eh, it's probably just because this is her home and she feels more comfortable leading here. He's sure it's nothing to worry about.

And so Steven is left in the outer room, twiddling his thumbs.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

Caroline comes back after a few minutes in her familiar navy-trimmed silver robe. It's a shorter cut than she often wears, not quite reaching her knees, and it's not tied nearly as tightly as she usually does, opening into a fairly deep "v". It follows her curves quite nicely, and is very clearly visible even in the dim light as the ever so faintly bluish silver silk reflects the moonlight quite well. She is grinning, clearly more than a bit self-conscious, a touch nervous, and quite excited overall. She fails utterly to deliver the line she had planned, dissolving into giggles by the end.

So now my little mousie...
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-07-09 at 08:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Priest's Quarter's, Night

Steven had been watching the floor, and he flinches a bit in surprise as Caronline comes back in.
    "What?! Oh, uh, who's a mouse?" he says nervously, but seems to recover himself rather quickly.
    "That's a nice robe for you. That your priestess uniform? Sadly I'm stuck with my slightly-damp shirt of course. Hope you don't mind."
    He does think it is quite flattering on her. Silver trim and amber gold eyes, yes indeed. He doesn't even feel self-conscious about admiring her looks like he did when he was joking around before about ogling non-humans. There's something he feels like he's forgetting, though...

Meanwhile, Caroline might notice something a little off about him. He seems a little jittery, but he was acting similarly before. No, maybe it's something else? Perhaps he doesn't quite smell the same as he did when she left, but she might not notice something like that when she's across the room.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Front Door

A large cat-like thing heads toward the front door of the temple. About three feet long, its fur is mainly pink with some white; the tip of her tail, 'mittens' on all four legs, and the fur on her face is white. Her face is the least cat-like thing about her; in fact it looks quite human, especially the nose and mouth. She looks around the area with big, blue eyes, marveling at the structure.
    A priestess appears in the main doorway, her white robes showing her to be of the lowest level, and her reddish bat wings showing her to be not quite human.
    "Hello, neighbor; the blessings of Inari be upon you. What can we do for you today?"
    She beckons the cat towards the temple.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-07-09 at 08:31 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

Caroline is still giggling a little as she walks back across the small room

Sort of. This one is a little shorter than I usually wear, and I usually keep it tied up instead of letting it flop open.

And sorry... it was just a silly mental image, like I had been hunting you and it was time to pounce... except that is just not me and it made me giggle.

If you don't mind taking the shirt off for a minute, I can dry it. I don't want to try while you are still wearing it.

She has taken her time crossing the room, giving him ample chance to watch her, and she's still a few feet away when she stops and waits for his answer about the shirt.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Front Door

"This place is so cool!" the cat hops forward. "I heard that you're all about helping people, right? Well, I want to help people, too!" She's very excited about this. She's practically bouncing up and down!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Priest's Quarters, Night

Steven seems to be quite appreciative of the chance to watch her. She is very nice looking in that, after all. But wait, what was that about hunting? What kind of mindset is that? "So you had planned some of that!" he says a bit jokingly. But he removes his shirt no problem. He's rather hirsute, actually. Looking at his arms, she should have realized before this because they're just as much so, but oddly she might not remember noticing it earlier. And does he seem smaller? Surely not.
    He holds it out to her. "Sure, give it a go." he says to her with a smile.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

Caroline takes the shirt and gives it a careful shake to straighten it out hopefully without spraying the known world with water.

Honestly, I forgot about the water - I'm never out in the garden that late. I planned the lights, of course, and I'd been trying to figure out a good excuse to get closer to you... but the wet was not part of it. I didn't want you to have to endure wet fox smell, which is a substantial step down from wet dog, I assure you.

Another spell in Vulpan... Here in the dark, the normally subtle light emitting side effect of her magic seems quite bright: a silvery glow much like moonlight envelops the shirt, and whisps of steam rise from it as her spell heats the water and boils it away. A very short time later she hands the shirt back to him, still warm.

Somebody must be eating: I swear I smell food. That must be why I had the whole mouse thing in mind. Or maybe I'm just hungry - peanuts and pretzels really just don't go far.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-07-09 at 08:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Priest's Quarters, Night

"Aw, you're not supposed to tell me things like that the same night! But thanks" he says, taking the shirt back from her and slipping it back on. He seems a little bit more loose now. And actually now that he stood up to change, wasn't he taller than her before? He's shorter than her now. Perhaps he's just slouching.
    "Personally I wouldn't mind a few more peanuts right now. But um, you don't actually eat mice do you? "
    Mice don't seem big enough to be worth raising as a food source. And now that she mentions it he actually is making note of her scent now. He's so unused to being able to notice things like that, living in the city with its clogged air. But that feeling keeps nagging at him...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

Caroline chuckles

Mice? Yes, but not really a staple as such... think more like quail, squab, or cornish hens. Our main food protein makes people laugh for the irony of it, but it really is chicken. And now I know I'm hungry!

Then she blinks and frowns, tilting her head in the involuntary reflex all canids share when confronted by something they don't quite understand

I would have sworn you were taller than me... My muzzle came in under your chin... and there's something

She takes a step forward and sniffs, scent still being higher in her priority list than sight - and now she puts her full attention to it.