New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5: GMR part 4 - Needs salt!

Spoiler: to Morocco
    Show
    We would be happy to extend you a loan of 75 gold; however, our accountants insist that certain diplomatic formalities be completed before we trade lump sums of money. We've forwarded you the appropriate paperwork.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: to spectators
    Show
    My army is currently in retreat, but two new cities have been founded. The unhappiness should be temporary until the nearby luxuries can be exploited

Spoiler: to Carthage, From Persia
    Show
    I am aware that a new frontier settlement of my people has made our borders very close. It is my hope that we will be able to trade harmoniously but I am also prepared to implement severe reprisal if my interests in the area are threatened.

I consider this settlement to be the limit of my current territorial ambitions in your direction, but I felt it was necessary to mark my borders in such a way in order to make such things clear and tangible.

I apologise if you are offended by a lack of any prior notification of this settlement, but felt that your lack of settlement in this direction was evidence enough that it was free for whoever would make the first move.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Great Consul, Ahmad al-Mansur wishes it to be known that Morocco has a substantial surplus of silk following a bumper crop in the plantations. He is offering the surplus to anyone interested in trading for it.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Caesar desires some of your excess silks, as a sign of our continued cooperation. We should have excess salts, though a little purge of barbarian interlopers may be required first.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Persia
    Show
    Happily, your assumption is correct: we have no designs on that territory and do not object to your settlement.

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Spoiler: to Morocco
    Show
    We would be happy to extend you a loan of 75 gold; however, our accountants insist that certain diplomatic formalities be completed before we trade lump sums of money. We've forwarded you the appropriate paperwork.
    Spoiler: Carthage
    Show
    Many thanks for your gift of friendship and loan of 75 gold. If you need any diplomatic support in the future, let me know. The city should be founded within the next 10 turns.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

7. - Top - End - #247

Spoiler: To Mayas
    Show
    You are the people of that end of the world cult, aren't you? Your boat seems to be leaking. Badly. You may use our docks to repair it, as long as you promise to not proselytise while you are here.

~ Byzantine authorities

(Declaration of friendship and open borders trade sent)
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-11-16 at 04:14 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

8. - Top - End - #248

Driderman has missed a few turns, anyone heard form him?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm here, I just have a lot on my plate these days due to working retail (and we're starting to prepare for christmas) along with a rather badly planned (by the University) exam project for my studies. Also, the ph.d who was supposed to be our "guide" just killed himself this weekend so it's a bit of a mess right now

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    I'm here, I just have a lot on my plate these days due to working retail (and we're starting to prepare for christmas) along with a rather badly planned (by the University) exam project for my studies. Also, the ph.d who was supposed to be our "guide" just killed himself this weekend so it's a bit of a mess right now
    Oh ****! Best of luck dude!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, looks like gmr is back up now, do we know who had the last turn?

(For those who missed it, gmr crashed and lost two months of data, but if we reupload a more recent turn that shouldn't be a problem. Unless you've cleared out your archives, the saves should still be there, so we just need to figure out who to restore to.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

12. - Top - End - #252

I think I managed to send it normally. (Loaded the old save file, saved again to get GMR client notice it, sent)

Then it occurred to me that this sets us back a turn, but at least it's way better than doing ~50 turns again.

Lets go with this, if it works?
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-11-26 at 01:45 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

I have a save from the 20th, turn 108.

14. - Top - End - #254

Alright, I tried to revert it back to you.. but it's so very slow. Not responding at all anymore
    Well that was awkward.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, do we have anyone at war currently? If not going back one turn shouldn't be any problem, we could pretend it was a recap episode!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

16. - Top - End - #256

Yeah, it doesn't want to revert at all yet, it seems. Lets revert back to reverting only if Closet Skeleton is unable to do a turn.
    Well that was awkward.

17. - Top - End - #257

I can't take a turn.

Quote Originally Posted by debug log

--------------- 26/11/2014 | 10:56:41 ---------------
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at GmrClient.Classes.DiplomacyClient.WebApiGetLatestS aveFileStream(Int32 gameId, Stream& fileStream)
    at GmrClient.Classes.DiplomacyClient.GetLatestSaveFil eStream(Int32 gameId, Stream& fileStream)
    at GmrClient.Models.GameModel.DownloadSaveFile(Boolea n showProgress)

Downloading save file

--------------- 26/11/2014 | 11:08:31 ---------------
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at GmrClient.Classes.DiplomacyClient.WebApiGetLatestS aveFileStream(Int32 gameId, Stream& fileStream)
    at GmrClient.Classes.DiplomacyClient.GetLatestSaveFil eStream(Int32 gameId, Stream& fileStream)
    at GmrClient.Models.GameModel.DownloadSaveFile(Boolea n showProgress)

Downloading save file
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

18. - Top - End - #258

Tech support told my save never ... saved, on their end. But reverting finally worked, so I was able to send it again. Try now. *fingers crossed*
    Well that was awkward.

19. - Top - End - #259

Mine worked, it was the same as a turn I'd already done but I assume that's what was supposed to have happened?

20. - Top - End - #260

Darius, King of Persia, rode in his chariot at the front of the procession towards Susa. After a while, he came in sight of the lone mountain that stood over his city. To his confusion a few days later on his journey the procession met a team of workmen carrying money down from the mountain.
    "Excuse me" he asked of one of the workmen "but isn't that supposed to go up the mountain to complete my new wonder?"
    "Well my King, it seems someone else beat us to it, so the project has been cancelled. The good news is that we can use this money for our money drain problem."
    "But having finished Machu Pichu would have solved that anyway!"
    "Yes, but there's nothing we can do about it."
    "We can declare war on however built Machu Pichu at once."
    "No we can't."
    "Does a mere workman dare tell Darius of Persia who he can't declare war on?"
    "Oh no my great King, but it was China, and we're already at war with them because they built Chitzen Itza."
    "WU ZETIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" .

21. - Top - End - #261

"It just.. It... It collapsed. Could someone go and stop that man from running off the cliff, please? He's the architect, and the one who has to tell Empress."

(I was one turn away from finishing it, too)
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-12-03 at 10:11 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't even like Machu Pichu, I just didn't have anything better to build and happened to have a mountain available.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

23. - Top - End - #263

Spoiler: India
    Show
    Good Gandhi, I think it may be time for our partnership to become more official. Would a declaration of friendship be amenable to you?

Spoiler: Carthage
    Show
    City is founded, trade will begin next turn.

Spoiler: Rome
    Show
    YOu had mentioned wanting some of our silk, but you have not yet offered anything for it. Please let us know what you have to trade soon.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: To Morocco
    Show
    Sorry about the delay, I was busy with Ludum Dare this weekend, and this slipped my mind. We'd be happy to announce a declaration of friendship with your nation.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    With all the GMR chaos and the getting back into the swing of things, there hasn't been much status updates! I will have screenshots after my next turn, I hope, for a grand tour. Here are some highlights of my current status, though:

1 - Got to Chivalry! You know what that means: Kasbahs! Time to build some more workers.

2 - My happiness is awful. I am hovering around zero and no one has luxuries to trade with me and I don't have the money to buy city states and upgrade my troops at the same time.

3 - Building Alhambra before anyone even thinks of trying for it. The more impregnable I can make myself the better. My Berber Cavalry will be the meanest MFers in the land.

26. - Top - End - #266

Spoiler: to carthage
    Show
    Some Workers of mine has been captured by a barbarian right next to your border. If you save them and return them to me I will do my best to reward you, though I have little to give.

27. - Top - End - #267

I'll be away from 21st to 29th or so, so please hold any possible occupation plans until I'm back. I'd prefer to see myself how my little empire gets conquered, instead of relying on after-action reports.

Spoiler: To New India
    Show
    The boats of your fishermen are blocking our scout-dromon's way. They have been on their mission for a long time, and long to finally get back home again. We hope you let them pass, so that they do not have to use their flame cannons to blow through. As compensation, we will also allow you access through our empire, for a limited time.

~ Byzantine Ambassador

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Spoiler: OOC - thoughts. I has a plan?
    Show
    Picked Jesuit Education as my reformation belief (get to buy science buildings with faith). I could have taken the Sacred Sites one, gaining a huge bonus of 20 tourism this early in the game, and then turtle up as well as I could. But I don't like cultural victory. And it would most likely have made other players so very aggressive after they had noticed how our blue jeans and pop music has invaded their cultural circles.

Long term plan now? Still play nice and not piss off anyone too badly. Just noticed I have only one more player that I have not met in game yet. Every one else has 2, 3 or 4 unmet civs (this information can be cheated out of tourism/influence menus in game...). If no one else rushes to find everyone else, I might have a chance to get the World Congress host spot. Currently below the global average tech-level though, so have to see if those faith bought Universities are enough to boost my science enough in time...
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-12-17 at 04:13 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

28. - Top - End - #268

I don't know about anyone else but I'm going away for Christmas tomorrow.

I'd appreciate it if the turn timer was turned off for Christmas but don't mind going into vacation mode.

29. - Top - End - #269

I could change it to 4 days or something? Anyone object to this slow down, for a week or so?

I'll still be in vacation mode almost until the end of this year
    Well that was awkward.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm not going anywhere so I don't really care about the timer either way.