New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Of Fighting Influence - Memories of a Hero (IC)

In a hazy world, a colosseum spreads out before you.

Seated close to the action, you are able to witness a massive event. Crowds of faceless, blurry individuals scream muffled sounds of cheer and revelry all around you. The only people who have more than just basic features are the three people seated next to you, who all equally seem in a confused state. Before you are able to focus on the ones next to you, the sound of a horse drawn chariot can be heard rustling close to your stand.
    The driver wears a viking-style helmet, gauntlets, and a green bandana around his mouth. In one hand, a heavy Lance, in the other hand, the reigns that steer the mighty horse that draws his chariot.
    At the opposite end of the circular arena, a giant in golden full-plate wields a Greatsword that seems to be almost as tall as his own massive body. It seems to ready itself as the chariot driver closes in on the giant.
    In a very close evasive maneuver, the driver steers the horse in just such a way to avoid a heavy vertical strike from the giant, leaving a ditch-like hole behind. As the chariot wheel lifts off the ground during the evasion, the driver tries to hold on as his helmet falls to the ground.
    After a few seconds, the chariot circles back to you, where it pauses. The driver turns his attention to you with a very familiar face.

"Oh, cool! I've been trying to contact you guys for weeks no-"

The man is cut off as the horse advances forward due to the fast approaching giant directly behind the chariot. The man is easily identified to you as Joah Clark.
    As the pursuit goes on, Joah seems to get enough distance to pause again.

"Anyways, how have you guys been? Wait, I don't think I really have the time to ask such a questio-"

He rides off again. Some seconds pass and he arrives back in front of you, but at least Joah seemed to have gotten a decent blow on one of the giant's leg, hampering its pursuit.

"Okay, so I've got a few one sided things to say! For your information, I'm dead! Sucked, but it happens.
    One sec."

He makes a u-turn as the giant gets closer. After a stare down, the two simultaneously advance on each other. As Joah gets closer, the Giant make one massive vertical swing with all its power, decimating the horse and most of the chariot, but in turn, launches Joah, with Lance at the ready into the air. In a brilliant scene, Joah plunges his Lance into the side of the giant's neck and falls with the giant to the ground bellow. A few seconds of silence pass as Joah rises up through a cloud of dust caused by the giants fall and fists the air in joy. The muffled crowd cheers even harder, but it is still quite awkward to really understand.
    Joah saunters over to you with a big smirk across his face.

"Anyways, been a while I guess... Maybe like a two years or so... Never been good with time."

Leaning his body on wall in front of your seat.

"Pretty cool place right? Though I guess doing a lot of good in your life really does pay off down the line. Hehehe! But more importantly you guys must be confused. I've been sort of trying to get in contact with all the people I've met over the years as a way of saying thank you for making my life really fun and eventful, and to see if I made any impact on their lives in turn.
    You guys made me what I am today, so I thank you all. I don't have many of these dream conversations left, as it is a pretty cool privilege that my guy Cayden Caileen had to go off and talk to some goddess of dreams to get for me. She did not seem to want to see Caileen after something he did a few centuries ago, but I guess we caught her in a good mood."

He kicks the dirt under him and sighs.

"Really sucks that I can not really hear you guys anymore after the first few dream stuff... Really sucks that I can only say exposition and monologue... But before you guys wake up, I have a really selfish request!"

Putting his hands together and bowing.

"Can you go to a small village in Castur named Plimoth Landing?! Pretty Please! I know this is so out of the blue that even the sky would think I'm crazy blue... Did that make sense? Oh whatever! I think I really screwed up! Like disaster levels of screwed things up!"

He lifts his head slightly.

"One of first people I visited, when I could actually have a conversation, was a village elder to that village named Isaic Grim. He said some weird things and I couldn't help feel like I di-"

His voice seems to grow silent.

"W.... Bu... Plea..........."

A moment later, you wake up. As you are about to shake off the dream as just some weird dream, you notice clenched in your hand a slightly warm green bandana with some writing stitched into it.

"Tresure iz really Kool!"

It is Joah's bandana alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Of Fighting Influence - Memories of a Hero (IC)

Crixus
    P
    Crixus wakes up with a start. He takes a minute to reorient himself and then stretched, making the overtaxed bed screech in protest. He harumphs and groans shaking his head at the silly dream. Joah! Haven't seen the old bastard in many years. Perhaps he drunk too much last night.

And then he notices the green bandana.

An unusually sober and troubled Crixus appears at the inn 's large hall for breakfast. He merely grunts as the innkeeper puts plates of cheese, bread and meat in front of him. He also says little as they are followed by honey, fruits and almonds, to be washed down by a small jug of applecinder ("It warms the blood").

Crixus does not really believe in gods. He knows they exist, yes, but he does not see why they should be worshiped. Mighty beings, doing what they like, competing. Sound like chieftains, to him. Much better to believe in tangible things, like the Bull of the River, Old Man Noose, the Night Crone. These are spirits of the Toplands you can see. Only once, usually.

But now, Crixus is thinking hard. Joah did this to him. Most people take Crixus for a simpleton, and Crixus does not disabuse them of the notion. It helps to be thought as slow and lumbering. But now Crixus' perceptive mind is working in circles.

What is there here for Crixus, in this large city? So far, small jobs, not really suited to his... talents. And noise, dirt and silly people. Perhaps there was something larger, yes? And Joah has never led him astray. In trouble, yes, many times. But astray, never.

Later that day, a fully packed Crixus is heading slowly towards Plimoth Landing, on top of a cart. He has paid the farmer a silver to let him ride. And there, he is to meet this man Isaic Grim.

It is good to be on the road again.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shura smiled softly as she woke up. She'd set up camp in the woods with her current companion, a skeleton of a warrior who'd fallen some time ago.

"Still having adventures, even in death, Joah? That sounds like you." Having felt something in her hand, she looked down to see a green bandana. "A green... No, it can't be..." The girl inspected it closely only to confirm her suspicions. "So, it really was communication. Alright, Joah, I'll do it for you." She carefully pins the bandana to the left shoulder of her black robes before stepping out of her tent.

"We're moving out, pack up camp while I prepare for the day." She sat on a rock and uncovered her right arm, revealing the symbols tattooed there as she prepared her spells. While she did this, the skeleton diligently packed up all the camping supplies and waited for her. Once Shura was done, they set off to Plimoth Landing.
    Lovely Mokou avatar by Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Why had Joah been in his dreams tonight? A goddess had helped him? It sounded insane. But even so..."

Cohel glanced down at the bandana he'd tucked into his belt. There had always been something peculiar about the old wanderer. Anyway, Cohel had felt for a while that there wasn't much more for him in his hometown. While his tricks certainly could help defend the small hunting community, and he had had some luck in assisting in the trading trips to nearby cities, he felt there was something more for him out there. His parents agreed, and it seemed Joah did as well. Even though he was dead... Or so the apparition in his dream had claimed, at least. There was no way to really know for sure.

At any rate it had made for a good opportunity for Cohel to finally set out on his own, the few people he'd talked to about the dream, had also agreed that he at least should investigate who this Isaic Grim was. After all, how often did it happen that you woke up with a remnant of your dream in your hand?

"I am lucky they didn't think me crazy," Cohel mused. "I am not sure that is not the case myself"

He patted the neck of the mule he'd brought with him. "At least you don't doubt me," he said, and immediately blushed. Maybe he was going a bit loopy.

"Oh, well, at least I'll soon know if you exist, Isaic Grim," he thought as Pasteur Town came into his field of vision.
    Last edited by ereinion; 2014-05-27 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Fixed some tags
    "In defeat, malice; in victory, revenge!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnq View Post
    Roleplay liking each other or GET OUT. Because I've had it up to my eyeballs with REAL role-players and their "concept" being more important then the rules, fun, and the other players

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Darsalla awoke shaking her head at the strange dream. Joah Clark ... damn, she hadn't seen him in at least three years. Left him in a bar, chatting up some bimbo with tales of his 'conquests.' Although Darsalla wasn't one, most folks assumed she had been. She didn't care, really. Why should she care what some ignoramus mouth-breather thought about her sexual activity? And she definitely wasn't jealous ... it was just that Joah's escapades had led to a number of inquiries that were not conducive to their actual activities. It was those same escapades that had them running from town in different directions from a group of holier-than-thou knights!

She would have thought little else of the dream, except for the green bandana in her hand. Sitting up straight, she stared at it for long moments. She had spent too much time around magic, and knew too much about conversations with the 'other side' to ignore the gravity of the situation. Of course, there were more things than lost souls and resting adventurers communing from beyond the veil ... things with a decidedly sinister attitude towards the juicy mortals living in this coil called life. She would not ignore Joah's plea; she owed him that much. But she also wasn't going to take it at face value.

She owed her own soul and sanity that much ...
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Each person that witnessed Joah's dream embarked on a journey to meet the man known as Isaic Grim. Not really knowing why, other than that Joah seemed to be very concerned about something he did involving that man. This is something very strange for such a free spirit like Joah to do, as he had never asked anyone for help in such a serious matter.

Taking the various roads and paths to Pasteur Town is any easy task, as one of the major trade highways shoots right next to the place. Unfortunately, Plimoth Landing's location is not as easy to get to.

Just from the maps alone, Plimoth Landing is located deep within the forests near Pasteur Town, but even saying "near" is a bit of a stretch. With only a few dingy roads made towards that civilization, Pasteur Town is really the only way in.

-----

As each person arrives, it seems that they arrive from their various locations on the same day.

Spoiler: Crixus 11:89 AM
    Show
    Crixus arrives in the morning do to lucking out with a merchant caravan heading down the highway. They offered him a ride in exchange for some protection from bandits if they ever happened to show up. No bandits showed, perhaps intimidated by the muscular Crixus, so the travel was pretty uneventful.
    Upon arriving, he immediately thought out an inn or tavern to question about Isaic Clark. He soon found himself at the Golden Breeze questioning the one-eyed bartender, who responds:
    "The name is familiar. I don't believe I've actually seen him with my own eye, but one of his daughters (I think) brings in an amazing amount of ore from Plimoth Landing. But I've never seen the Isaic person before..."
    He seems to ponder about something.
    "Oi! Are you planning on going to Plimoth? I'd suggest you not travel alone. I heard tale that the village was controlled by some rather ruthless bandits a few years back that some guy... What was his name? Toah? Noah? Ah whatever, just some nobody-"
    The sound of a glass shatters somewhere in the bar.
    "Oi! Don't be breaking my glasses you ingrates! Anyways, afterwards the place was doing pretty good business with our ore guys here and still does, but maybe those bandits came back or something as people going to Plimoth have not come back. Well, except for the people who already lived there."
    He puts a mug if ale down infront of Crixus.
    "How about you stay here for the night? I heard that there is a pretty bad storm coming in a few hours, which would really make your trek hard... And maybe I can convince you to *ahem* tell me later what the heck is going on in Plimoth when you return? People around these parts are itching to know, and I can make a pretty copper by telling them."

Spoiler: Darsalla 3:21 PM
    Show
    Darsalla is the next to arrive after hitching a ride with some priest on a pilgrimage. They worried for her and convinced her to go with them opposed to walking or taking a horse alone. They seemed like nice people, if not rather annoying to her due to their constant chanting every hour on the hour for the duration of the ride.
    Once they reached Pasteur Town, Darsalla got off, but one of the priests followed with her. He was apparently going here to bless the town's local temple water due to some complications with the water because of a local storm that caused some damage temple.
    The priest speaks to her as they walk into town together:
    "You see my child, some lands are always in need of support from someone else. Whether it be a god or another person, people need the peace of mind in knowing that they are safe. Even if you were perfectly safe due to your own skills at a blade, you still need someone to count on. I hope you find that someone one day, or perhaps you have already found that someone."
    He gives a small smile, before the two part ways.

Now Darsalla stands in the middle of town. She does notice a dark cloud off in the distance.

Spoiler: Shura 5:55 PM
    Show
    Shura and her undead cohort arrive a bit later, but are not in the best of shape. Heavy winds were really tough to deal with due to a fast encroaching storm. They made it to Pasteur Town at just the right time before the rains started to poor, due to the aid of a small couple's carriage riding back home.
    The carriage was nice, and didn't really question the oddly skinny companion that Shura kept company with. The mother even gave Shura some homemade bread pastries in a small wrapped bundle.
    "You need to eat more young lady or else you'll end up like skinny over there!"
    She points towards the skeleton in the room.
    "My word, a young girl out here of all places! Don't you know that bandits love hunting down pretty ones like you or I"
    "Pretty? Maybe ten years ago-"
    "Hun! You did not just say that to your gorgeous and majestic wife! I'll have you know, I've caught the Danner's boys giving me glances from time to time."
    "Sure. Of course they are my love."
    "Arg!"
    She whispers into Shura's ear.
    "If you ever find yourself in love with some guy, don't marry them. They turn into right ugly guys!"
    "I heard that!"
    "Stop eaves dropping and pay attention to the road."
    This goes on for about an hour or two, until Shura jets out of the carriage with her companion as soon as the town is within her field of vision. The couple waves her good bye as they continue on their journey.

Shura now stands in the center of town with a bundle of bread foods [+1 1/day Trail Rations] with the sun starting to go down and the storm beginning to grow more intense.

Spoiler: Cohel 6:21 PM
    Show
    Cohel arrives in town last due to the terrible weather. Finding it difficult to catch a ride with a pack animal in tow, he lucked out somewhat when a rather sketchy man sweatily gave him a horse he "found" for free and told Cohel it was a rather "hot" item that needed to "disappear" in the next few minutes. With so many questions unanswered, the man dashed away as soon as the muffled sounds of dogs could be heard in the distance. With a horse's reigns in hand, sphe had little choice other than riding off before someone noticed. The horse unfortunately didn't make the whole trip as is collapsed and died along the way, leaving Cohel and his mule to walk the last kilometer in some rather harsh winds and rain.
    Arriving in town, with soggy hands he tied his mule to a post and walked into the Golden Breeze. With a tired voice, he finally could inquire about Isaic Grim.
    "Oi, another one of you. I already told one guy about it already. Maybe you should ask him, as I don't like repeating myself."
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2014-05-28 at 10:57 AM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

"Harumphffff..."

Crixus makes a throaty sound as he goes out and checks the weather for himself. There was a storm coming. Plus going alone was a bad idea and he needed to think. The barkeep said some strange things about Joah.

"You ware right", Crixus says, with his Toplander accent. "Storm coming. So, I am gonna nead a room, yes. And a big lunch. Meat if you have it, bread, cheese, yes, fruits. And honey later. Yes?"

So, it is in front of a big pile of food, sprawled across two chairs, that those coming in the inn later will find him.

8. - Top - End - #8

Shura smiles and puts the food she'd been given in her companion's backpack. Thinking it might be bad if someone more attentive notices her skeletal friend's true nature, she goes on a quick shopping trip and buys a mask to cover its 'face', or lack thereof and an umbrella for herself.

"This should do for now, it's a good thing there are people in this world who can't speak." She walks into the Inn and walks straight to the innkeep after double-checking that no bone showed. It was probably a futile effort, but she had to try at least.

"I'd like a room for the night and a meal if it isn't too much trouble." Knowing it would be strange that she was only ordering one meal, she used her normal excuse. "Don't worry about my guardian there, he isn't hungry. I'll be leaving for Plimoth Landing in the morning."

9. - Top - End - #9

Cohel, trying to ignore the rudeness of the answer, glances over at the table indicated, not recognizing the huge man sitting there - not that he really had expected to. Judging from the response at the bar so far, he decides that almost any other approach than asking the barkeep again should have a higher chance of giving him some useful information. Thus, he orders two tankards of ale which he brings over to the table with the tall muscled stranger.

"Ho there, friend. I am told that you too are asking about Isaic Grim. I, myself, am headed to Plimoth Landing to look for him, but our rude friend over there," Cohel nods towards the bar, "refused to tell me anything, saying it would be better if I bothered his patrons over it. So here I am, I hope you don't mind me interrupting your meal too much. Do you mind if I sit down?" he asks, offering one of the tankards to the stranger as a small offering for the information.
    Roleplay liking each other or GET OUT. Because I've had it up to my eyeballs with REAL role-players and their "concept" being more important then the rules, fun, and the other players

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Darsalla stood in the middle of town, happy to have lost the traveling priests. While she normally would appreciate an offer of a free ride, had she known the price would be their incessant chanting, she would have declined. Boisterously. As it was, she had been stuck listening to littanies of faith repeated over and over again, sometimes in common, sometimes in celestial, sometimes in tongues even she didn't recognize. More frustrating was the fact that each language seemed to subtlely change the context, just enough to draw attention to the differences and annoy the crap out of her.

Once off the wagon, she had stretched, ready to search the town for some clues, when one of the priests joined her. He apparently had to go fix the water ... maybe one of the locals had pissed in the town well. As all priests are wont to do, he began to lecture her, telling her that if she could just rely on others, she would grow and learn. Snorting, she held up a hand, dismissing his efforts. "Thanks for the pep talk, padre, but I'm good. I'm sure my soul would be much safer, sitting at home knitting a sweater, all my hopes and dreams pinned on to Biff, the Super Farmer. But being on my own has worked out pretty good so far, so pardon me if I pass on that golden opportunity.

I'd give you a gold piece for a hooker, but I barely got to cheeks to rub together for warmth. So, I'll just say, good bye and good luck finding someone to listen to you pitch."
    Once she was alone agin, she looked around, getting her bearings. After a few moments, her eyes kept coming back to the large dark cloud approaching. She was no witch or oracle, but any dumb arse could see that there was a storm coming. With a resigned sigh, she looked around for an inn or tavern, intent on finding a spot to wait out the storm ... and maybe ask some questions.

How many Isaic Grim's could there be?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

By 6:30 PM everyone had entered the tavern and found room for the night ahead.

Do to the quantity of food Crixus ordered, several people come in to enjoy it with him. Telling local tales in exchange for some pieces here and there, and voicing their woes about the weather. [+2 Insight Bonus on Knowledge (Local) Checks about Pasteur Town]

Though three figures catch his eye over the course of the day. Two were women.

One wore a familiar green bandana pinned to her shoulder and was accompanied by a rather skinny person who hid his face. She sat enjoying her own personal meal and didn't really say much. Apparently the tavern owner was cleaning out a room for her that would facilitate her skinny guest as well, which was taking quite some time to finish up for some reason.

The other was a fairly menacing woman who came in questioning about Isaic Grim, which the bar keeper nervously pointing to Crixus's table in response. The bartender only really said:
    "I don't like to say the same stuff more than once per day okay! So take a seat over there!"

After some time, as everyone just sat there eating their respective meals in silence, a final person of interest entered the tavern, almost completely soaked by the rain. With a similar green bandana tucked into his belt, the others watch him go up to the bartender, and then get immediately directed to Crixus like Darsalla was before.

Now, with all four people gathered, does everyone begin to feel like this isn't their first time meeting together.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

Crixus was devouring his food -which, for some reason, made people think it is communal- and thought hard on what to do. Nevertheless, he never declined to share food. That is a mortal insult for a Toplander to make. Thus, when a man came with a tankard and offered to sit, Crixus made way and pushed a platter in front of him.

He also wanted to go for Isaic Grim. Not bad.The Blind Crow Luck crows to the prepared, they said in the mountains. Two would be better than one. Crixus shared what the bartender told him, between eating, drinking and harumping.

But then more people came. And one of them had a green bandana. Crixus asked for more food and watched. There was something nagging him, as they all sat down. He suddenly puts his jug down.

"You! And you! Hrughhhhhh. You were in the arena. You sat just like now. We saw together Joah fight the giant. So. Now we all want to go to find Isaic, yes? Then we must prepare. Make plans. Know what we each can do. yes?"

13. - Top - End - #13

Shura hears the Toplander and moves her meal a bit closer to him. "Well I can do this..." Her voice was a bit quiet, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. She grabs some dirt off the floor to contaminate a pint of water she'd been drinking and uncovers her right arm. With a soft chant and a black flash, the water became mead. She pulls her sleeve back down, takes a sip and passes it to him to try.

"Contaminated water turns to better drink. To see what else I can do, I'll need your word you won't cause a commotion." The second sentence was spoken in a very serious tone to ensure that he understood how important it was that he did as she asked.

14. - Top - End - #14

"Ah, now I remember too! You were sitting next to me in the arena! And you," he says, turning to the newly arrived woman, "You were there too! I can't seem to remember your companion though," he continues, squinting at the man who entered alongside the woman. "Ah, well, I guess it doesn't matter. What is a relief is to discover that I'm not the only one who had the dream. For a while, I've been fearing that I was going mad."

Turning back to Crixus he lowers his voice again before continuing. "If we are to travel together, it is only fair that we know each other's abilities. So, let me introduce myself. My name is Cohel, Cohel Sverdofski, and I come from a hunter community a couple of days travel away. I can handle myself in a fight, he pats the rapier at his hip, "and have got a keen eye for spotting potential obstacles in my path. If those obstacles should happen to be of the trap-like variety, I am also rather good at removing them, if I may say so myself."

Listening intently as the lady introduces her abilities, and watching even more intently as the water turns to mead, he ponders for a while. Hmm, I am not sure I liked that flash of black. Isn't such displays often associated with evil magics? Even so I feel like I should trust her, though I can't really tell why.

Trying not to let his unease be known to the rest of the table, he addresses her "That is certainly a neat trick you've got there, lady. Being able to produce mead at will is sure to bring you a steady income! But I'd try not to let the bartender notice," Cohel finishes with a wink.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

"Good, good. A fast and agile man, yes. Good to have in dark places. And a lady with magic. Hrumphfffff. I do not like magic. But it is useful, yes.

I am Crixus of the Mountains. I am good with a spear and good with a sword. I am good at being silent and good at moving in what soft Lowlanders call the wilds.

And you? You are the only one who has not spoken. Do you want to eat? Yes?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Walking into the tavern, Darsalla kept her hood up and her tail coiled underneath. Luckily enough, the priests hadn't noticed her 'differences' ... Abyss knows what kind of lectures she would have gotten then. Probably an exorcism or a binding circle. Here, with a lot more people, she decided to keep to herself if possible, asking the barkeep surreptiously for Isaic Grim. He practically shouted back an answer, waving one of his ham-hands at a group of folks gathered around a table covered in food. Sighing, she slowly walked over, shaking her head as many of them turn ed to stare at her approach. She tried to be circumspect, but then three of the folks started exclaiming they knew each other, from the dream with Joah.

With a start, Darsalla realized she, too, recognized some of them now. Truly, the situation was getting stranger and stranger, but at least it indicated she was on the right path. As he pondered her next move, the big one asked a question - "Good, good. A fast and agile man, yes. Good to have in dark places. And a lady with magic. Hrumphfffff. I do not like magic. But it is useful, yes.

I am Crixus of the Mountains. I am good with a spear and good with a sword. I am good at being silent and good at moving in what soft Lowlanders call the wilds.

And you? You are the only one who has not spoken. Do you want to eat? Yes?"

Blinking, Darsalla shook her head. "No, I'm not hungry. I dont' know why we're all here, but I suppose for the moment, we should cooperate ... unless this is all another one of Clark's jokes. I guess I'm not convinced that we're going to be steadfast friends, but I do agree understanding what each one of us brings to the party is practical. I know a few magic tricks and I'm not bad with a blade. Other than that, what you see is what you get ... or rather what you don't see.

You can call me Darsalla."

Although cloaked and hooded, the others could she had fair skin, green eyes and red hair. She wore tight fitting leather clothes, which showed off enough of her form to let the others know she was a woman, but not enough to see her fully. At her belt, anyone looking closely could see two blades; one long and curved, the other short and straight. She was also carrying a small pack, with a light crossbow tied to it.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

"Friends? Friends, nope. But we are gonna travel together and maybe fight together. That is different, yes?

So, I say we meet again tomorrow morning here. The storm should have calmed by then. Yes?"

18. - Top - End - #18

That sounds good to me. Judging from what the bartender told you, noone in this town knows much about what's going on in Plimoth Landing anyway. And even less about Joah.

Still, I guess it won't hurt getting to know each other a bit better, before we set out. After all, if we do end up having to defend ourself I would feel better if I had at least spent a night socializing with my allies.

How about I buy you all a drink, and then we can decide on what we want to do tomorrow, while having as good a time as this tavern will allow?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

"Yes, that is a goed idea, yes. I say tomorrow we set out, our eyes and weapons sharp. I can go ahead and scout, nod if there is trouble, yes. when we arrive, we scout the town first and then decide, yes. If everything is normal- by the Crow, I do not think this is what we 'll see- we go and ask for Iseik. If not, we plan. Yes?"

20. - Top - End - #20

Your plan is a sound one. I guess there isn't too much we can plan without more information than what we've got. I guess that the idea that something's made Joah uneasy, even after death, makes me worry.

Oh, and if you will allow me to assist you in your scouting efforts, I will accompany you. I am quite good at staying hidden when I want to, and if we by some chance are ambushed, two will be better at fending for themselves than one will be. Not to mention that two pairs of eyes will cover more ground than one.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

As the group converses about tomorrow, the inn keeper comes over to Shura to tell her her room is finally cleaned up. The inn keeper also addresses everyone else while he is there:

"Ai! Storm is getting stronger so best try to sleep this one off. I made sure your beds are all comfy enough to sleep through even the end of days. It is the least I can do for you sorry lot."

The bartender walks up too.

"Oi, bro! You're really going all out today. What's the deal?"

The inn keeper scratches his temple.

"I overheard these guys are acquaintances of that Clark person. When that man came by and taught those forest bandits a lesson... Ai, he did help me. Would have had to close up shop due to the lack of visitors. Too scared of that ruthless group..."

"Oi! Should I give them free drinks or something too?"

The inn keeper slaps his apparent brother, the bar keeper, across the back of his head.

"What?! You crazy?! We're running a business here! You have their tabs?"

The bartender fishes around his pockets with one hand while rubbing his head with the other. He then produces some sheets of paper that have payments listed for each person.
    - Darsalla: 2 sp
    - Crixus: 1 gp + 1 sp
    - Shura: 7 sp
    - Cohel: 2 sp
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

"Yes, we will scout together. I will put on my heavy armor tomorrow, so you will be better for stealth. When we approach the village, I will change. Perhaps we should rent or buy a mule, to help us carry our things, no?"

When the tab arrives, Crixus makes a throaty noise and pays 2 gp.

"The extra is for tomorrow. I want a big breakfast ready, and some food for the road. How far is the Landing?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Taking the gold and flipping one of them to the bartender, who catches it and swiftly stows it in his back pocket.

"Ai, it will be a three day trek by foot. I might be able to convince my buddy at the stable to lend ya some horses, but he's been a bit spoked about letting his precious horses out of his sight for longer than a day. Been a lot of people going to Plimoth and never coming back, and that man doesn't want his horses pulling the same disappearance."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

I already own a mule, so unless you three are bringing a lot of baggage, I think we should be fine. As to horses I must admit that I am not much of a rider, so I'd prefer to travel on foot. If the three of you prefer to ride I will of course make an attempt at it too, but I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be very stealthy on horseback.
    Cohel smiles wryly as he explains his lack of skill, then looks up from the table as the innkeeper and his brother approaches, and addresses the innkeeper.
    I could use a room as well, I trust you still have some left? Oh, and I have a mule tied up outside - do you have somewhere it can spend the night, and maybe some fodder for it?
    He then pays the innkeeper what he wants for lodgings and beer, before returning his attention to the table.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

Crixus adds some more silver.

"Three days of food then. Bread, ham, cheese and honey, yes."

He then turns to his new found comrades.

"Good thinking, the mule. Walking is just fine by me. I will pay you for letting me use your mule. Yes?

So, we start tomorrow morning, if the storm has passed?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Darsalla pulled out two silver pieces and dropped them in the bartender's hand, making sure to get some food for herself ... since she was apparently paying for something. She also asked for a room, just to make sure she had some place to stay for the night. Once done, she sat down and listened to the others talk. She was no stranger to walking, but riding would be quicker. However, if the others were not inclinded to ride, she wasn't going to ask for a horse just for her.

Instead, she eyed her new-found companions, wondering how they would acquit themselves once the road got tough ... and which ones warranted a close eye.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

"I'll get one of my guys to make sure your mule is kept safe and fed. Any friends of Clark are fine in my book."

"Oi! How much are you going to charge th-"

The Innkeeper cups a hand across the bartender's mouth.

"Shhh, don't bring up business at this time..."

The two brothers go away into a back room. The innkeeper takes a step outside for a moment just to toss 4 keys, in a pretty accurate display, towards the 4 members. the keys land on their sections of the table directly in front of them.

"Rooms are upstairs. Just don't mind room 204. That place is reserved for Mavis Grim. She sometimes makes a bit of noise, but I will ask you lot to respect her privacy ya hear?!"

He then walks back into the room with his brother and closes the door behind him.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Oh, there's no need to pay me anything to use the mule, Crixus, I am just glad I can be of help to a travel companion. Besides, I am sure you will prove your worth in other ways. And yeah, we start tomorrow, I see no reason to delay our departure any more than necessary. Unless any of you others have some business you want to take care of in this town first?

Unless something particularly interesting happens, Cohel will spend the rest of the evening smalltalking with what is to be the party. He'll also try to pay attention to if anyone else in the inn mentions Joah or Plimoth Landing, but he's not really expecting much.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Crixus

Crixus acknowledges the favor with a grumphh and a nod and shoves another plate towards Cohel. When everyone is done, he also nods and goes to his room. If nothing happens during the night, he will be up next dawn, ready and packed, looking that the mule is well packed and checking the weather.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Everyone proceeds to enter their respective rooms.

The storm rages outside, which makes sleep fairly difficult but nothing the group can't handle. At one point, the noises from the outside quiet down significantly, but only to be replaced by some new noises coming from inside the building.

Spoiler: Perception DC 19
    Show
    Two female voices can be heard discussing something climbing up the stairs and stopping near door 204. While it is difficult to understand what is being said, certain choice sentences spring out.

"I hate killing this stuff without the possibility of eating it."

"Don't knock it until you try it. Our scientific friend could make something interesting out of it."

"Eww, you've actually ate it before?!"

"Only in certain social gatherings. I don't get what's so taboo about it when it actually tastes quite foul? Must be like beer!"

The two laugh. In addition to the conversation, the sound of something heavy is heard being dragged up the stairs and to the door. Sounds like a heavy sack full of something, as it thuds up the stairs with each step.
    The sound of a key opening the 204 door can be heard as the conversation continues inside. Once the door closes, the sounds are too muffled to really make out anymore.

If nothing else is done tonight, morning comes around with the storm from last night almost completely gone, except for a few dark clouds drifting away in the distance.
    Last edited by Chained Birds; 2014-06-02 at 12:41 PM.
    Show