Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 52

Thread: I disagree!

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but real life.
    Gender
    Male

    Default I disagree!

    Inspired by various reactions to the quote in my sig in the latest comic discussion thread. This one's simple: I'll state something obviously true, then TPBM will disagree and state an alternate belief. Then they state another obvious truth, then TPBT disagrees and states their alternate belief, and so on and forth to however large this thread is gonna get. (Obviously, the reason doesn't have to be serious--in fact, it preferably wouldn't be. In fact, make the reason as silly as possible, the only limit is your imagination!) Well, here we go...

    2 plus two equals four.
    Last edited by Lheticus; 2014-05-27 at 12:44 PM.
    I never worry about rules stuff in terms of the OOTS comic--because "screw the rules, the Giant is awesome".

    Spoiler: Awesomeness from other people:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere
    Any cause worth dying for is better worth living for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad
    Your next opponent...IS A GIANT SPIDER!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: I disagree!

    I disagree! 2+2 is whatever big brother says it is!

    Air is mainly composed of Nitrogen, with small amounts of other gases such as Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide.
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. Thanks!
    The first rule of unarmed combat: Don't be unarmed.
    Insert generic comment about giving in and getting a homebrewer's extended sig here.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Targ Collective's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    I disagree. The air consists mostly of empty space.

    The above fact is technically true.
    Dubbed Most Honourable Aggregate of All Things Targ in the Title Thread. Also dubbed the Mage of Light, which is really cool.

    Earned a special cookie for reaching 50 in the Count to 50 thread. Got a waffle too!

    The human avatar is thanks to the talented The Mad Hatter; the ponytar, the incredible Dirtytabs.

    I'm a White Mage in real life too! Here are my spells. BE WARNED: SOME OF THEM ARE REAL AND WILL AFFECT YOU IF READ. http://merlinsalchemyoflight.blogspot.co.uk/

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Zweisteine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Universe.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Lies! Blatant lies, I tell you!

    The air is mostly composed of energy!


    And everyone knows that energy is just another way to say magic!
    Jon Snow and Ghost avatar by Gurgleflep 15370262 328. This is here for a reason.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    A halfling must be a half-ling human... So the real question is, what is a Ling? [full logic]
    Free Flight

    Spoiler: Pictures!
    Show

    gorbashkazdar dot com/sosbanner/
    How to play a monster.
    Smilies!
    DFTBA!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Woodzyowl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Owlwood Woods

    Default Re: I disagree!

    That's preposterous! Energy is a type of tropical flowering plant!


    Thinking about plants and energy, photosynthesis requires light to function.
    Owlowiscious avatar by Balmas

    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show

    By Akrim.elf

    Greatest nonsensical poem ever= Lewis Carroll: Jabberwocky

    Officially WoodzyOwl, the Owlwoodsiest Owl of the Owlwood Woods, Keeper of the Wooden Owlwood Owl

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Duck999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In Hammer Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    That is a Blatantly False Fact!
    Photosynthesis requires photos that synthesize with each other.

    :) is a sideways smiley face.
    Current amazing fey avatar made by Kaariane. | Other avatars. | Theme Week RP!
    Spoiler: FFRP Stuff
    Show

    WW and Other Structured Game Stuffs

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but real life.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    I disagree! Clearly, people don't know you can't enclose text in parenthesis and not have anything after a colon inside!

    It tends to get really cold in Russia.
    I never worry about rules stuff in terms of the OOTS comic--because "screw the rules, the Giant is awesome".

    Spoiler: Awesomeness from other people:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere
    Any cause worth dying for is better worth living for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad
    Your next opponent...IS A GIANT SPIDER!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Targ Collective's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    I disgaree! Compared to absolute zero Russia's very warm!

    Absolute zero is only reachable in theory due to quantum excitation continually warming even the coldest depths of space.
    Dubbed Most Honourable Aggregate of All Things Targ in the Title Thread. Also dubbed the Mage of Light, which is really cool.

    Earned a special cookie for reaching 50 in the Count to 50 thread. Got a waffle too!

    The human avatar is thanks to the talented The Mad Hatter; the ponytar, the incredible Dirtytabs.

    I'm a White Mage in real life too! Here are my spells. BE WARNED: SOME OF THEM ARE REAL AND WILL AFFECT YOU IF READ. http://merlinsalchemyoflight.blogspot.co.uk/

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Blue Ghost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    I disagree. Absolute zero does exist in reality. In fact, it is a constant occurrence in some parts of Canada.

    You exist.

    Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

    Avatar by azuyomi244.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    smuchmuch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The House Wins

    Default Re: I disagree!

    No I don'

    (The current poster seems to have vanished in a puff of logic. Thankfully a hastily scribbled note was found: 'the brain is the center of the nevous sytem in all vertebrate animals")
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2014-06-05 at 04:14 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

    Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

    -

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ninjaman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    False! The egyptians said it was the heart and they were very smart.

    Google.com is a website.
    My homebrewed rulesystem about city fighting warbands
    Portfolio
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

    What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

    Extended signature

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Duck999's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In Hammer Space
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    FALSE! There is only Giantitp.com

    You posted in this thread.
    Current amazing fey avatar made by Kaariane. | Other avatars. | Theme Week RP!
    Spoiler: FFRP Stuff
    Show

    WW and Other Structured Game Stuffs

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but real life.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    NONSENSE! It was clearly his evil identical twin brother!

    The moon is made of moon rock, moon dirt, and other mundane (for the moon) moon stuff.

    Secret hint: If you say it's made of cheese, you fell into my trap! Muahahaha!
    I never worry about rules stuff in terms of the OOTS comic--because "screw the rules, the Giant is awesome".

    Spoiler: Awesomeness from other people:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere
    Any cause worth dying for is better worth living for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad
    Your next opponent...IS A GIANT SPIDER!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Nonsense! It's clearly made of cheese!

    I just fell into TPAM's trap, because you have to fall into all traps, no matter how obvious, to complete the game.
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. Thanks!
    The first rule of unarmed combat: Don't be unarmed.
    Insert generic comment about giving in and getting a homebrewer's extended sig here.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but real life.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    As the maker of the rules, I'm going to say this one doesn't count because I want to give someone else a chance, but I need to say this and Jormengand's PM box is full...

    NONSENSE! What you failed to realize is that saying that saying the moon is made of cheese falls into my trap was a setup for an even more elaborate trap to get someone to say something OTHER than that! And...you didn't fall for it, curses!

    (I'm not even fully kidding here.)

    P.S.: Okay, what IS it with people I try to PM having full inboxes? This makes 2 in a row...
    I never worry about rules stuff in terms of the OOTS comic--because "screw the rules, the Giant is awesome".

    Spoiler: Awesomeness from other people:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere
    Any cause worth dying for is better worth living for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad
    Your next opponent...IS A GIANT SPIDER!

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Scarlet Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Poppycock! Inboxes always empty when the PM turns into the AM!

    Of course there is a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning...
    “Elven songs and endless nights
    Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights
    Time will never touch you
    Here in this enchanted place” – Rush

    Avatar by Kaariane

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    My Lair
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Don't be ridiculous. If you look at the average calender, there are five days between Sunday and Saturday. I for one consider that a bit more than a fine line.

    Ice cream is traditionally served frozen.
    Notable and Quotable
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    A NE Character with Perform (Sing and Dance).

    That alone pretty much narrows it down to an Evil Bard or a Disney Character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Clearly the solution to everything is to binge on Girlscout cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by nogall View Post
    The Snarl could be a hacker code that became self-conscious, and would start posting gibberish and chaotic lines. But if you click its spoiler tags enough times, it would reveal a meta-fanfiction.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Targ Collective's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    False! It is served *part* frozen, as a semi-liquid-semi-solid creamy substance!

    It is always possible to create a more truthful answer rather than a less truthful answer until we reach Absolute Truth!... which is really rather boring.
    Dubbed Most Honourable Aggregate of All Things Targ in the Title Thread. Also dubbed the Mage of Light, which is really cool.

    Earned a special cookie for reaching 50 in the Count to 50 thread. Got a waffle too!

    The human avatar is thanks to the talented The Mad Hatter; the ponytar, the incredible Dirtytabs.

    I'm a White Mage in real life too! Here are my spells. BE WARNED: SOME OF THEM ARE REAL AND WILL AFFECT YOU IF READ. http://merlinsalchemyoflight.blogspot.co.uk/

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Zaydos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Beastlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    False! It is completely uncertain that there is an Absolute Truth and varying philosophies have different opinions on it. Therefore it may or may not be possible to ever reach an Absolute Truth.

    Anime is a word for animation originating in Japan.
    Peanut Dracolich avatar by Emperor Ing.

    My homebrew (now includes a giant undead brain)

    If you ever want to try some of my homebrew and need a DM send me a PM, and if you are playing some, I'd love to know how it works out.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: I disagree!

    That's absurd. Anime is *THE* word for animation originating in Japan.

    Giving nuclear weapons to the Principality of Sealand would be a horrible idea.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    God's dice bag
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Nonsense! Giving them to the Republic of Molossia would be even worse.

    Abraham Lincoln was an awesome president.
    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Current avatar of Gary Gygax pony is in prototype stage; please excuse the size and background issues.

    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    My first GMed campaign was Shadowrun!

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but real life.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Pff, what kind of awesome president doesn't have enough bodyguards to not get shot in a theatre?

    The sky is blue, because of a thing called ozone.
    I never worry about rules stuff in terms of the OOTS comic--because "screw the rules, the Giant is awesome".

    Spoiler: Awesomeness from other people:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere
    Any cause worth dying for is better worth living for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad
    Your next opponent...IS A GIANT SPIDER!

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Scarlet Knight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Balderdash! Atmospheres are incapable of feeling depressed!


    The moon, however, does contribute to Lunacy.
    “Elven songs and endless nights
    Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights
    Time will never touch you
    Here in this enchanted place” – Rush

    Avatar by Kaariane

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Anywhere but real life.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    The moon, however, does contribute to Lunacy.
    I'm...far from certain that falls within the rules. How is this obviously true? For that matter, what even IS Lunacy?

    Because, well there are rules in this game. (This sentence doubles as my next statement)
    I never worry about rules stuff in terms of the OOTS comic--because "screw the rules, the Giant is awesome".

    Spoiler: Awesomeness from other people:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere
    Any cause worth dying for is better worth living for.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kel'Thuzad
    Your next opponent...IS A GIANT SPIDER!

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Hexalan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Those Meadows of Heaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Rules exist only in the mind of those who would perceive and acknowledge those rules! I exercise my radical freedom to ignore superfluous regulations!

    Cows are made of meat.
    And so, my children, the time has come to close the book. There will be other days and other stories, but this tale is finished.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Malcador Luciferina, angelic prophet of Xan Yae, epic leader in the Angel War
    Porthos the Pirate, dashing swashbuckler searching the Bleak Isle
    Isha, primeval healer, witnessing passage of history in The Age of Dawning

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Dudeons's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    God's dice bag
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    No they're not. All that 'meat' is just fermented milk that turned solid.

    Half Life 3 confirmed.
    Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

    Current avatar of Gary Gygax pony is in prototype stage; please excuse the size and background issues.

    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    My first GMed campaign was Shadowrun!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    BardGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    My Lair
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: I disagree!

    That's ridiculous. Surely if it was Half Life 3, that would make it One-and-a-Half Life. Cause that's how multiplication works.

    Water is wet.
    Notable and Quotable
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofOblivion View Post
    A NE Character with Perform (Sing and Dance).

    That alone pretty much narrows it down to an Evil Bard or a Disney Character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Clearly the solution to everything is to binge on Girlscout cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by nogall View Post
    The Snarl could be a hacker code that became self-conscious, and would start posting gibberish and chaotic lines. But if you click its spoiler tags enough times, it would reveal a meta-fanfiction.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Elemental's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    An Abyssal Tower
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    I can cite numerous studies that prove otherwise. Water is composed entirely of energetic particles of blue matter suspended in a field of tachyons. It would in fact, disintegrate your hand.


    The Sun's light is the result of the fusion of hydrogen atoms.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    Nightmare by Smuchmuch. (::)

    Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

    My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

    Dragons!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Targ Collective's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: I disagree!

    Half truth. It's way more complicated than that.

    If you are reading and understanding this, you are most likely literate.
    Dubbed Most Honourable Aggregate of All Things Targ in the Title Thread. Also dubbed the Mage of Light, which is really cool.

    Earned a special cookie for reaching 50 in the Count to 50 thread. Got a waffle too!

    The human avatar is thanks to the talented The Mad Hatter; the ponytar, the incredible Dirtytabs.

    I'm a White Mage in real life too! Here are my spells. BE WARNED: SOME OF THEM ARE REAL AND WILL AFFECT YOU IF READ. http://merlinsalchemyoflight.blogspot.co.uk/

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    DruidGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: I disagree!

    I disagree with the probability assessment, to be able to read and understand without being at least moderately literate is utterly implausible.

    Due to the relationship between space and time, teleportation is equivalent to time-travel.
    The BareFoot Programmer

    GitP April Fools Promotional event: Free mounts for everyone! (disclaimer: you are the mount)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •