New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed by the third one.
    Only it and the second one are on (which I'm watching now).

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    The very heavy discount bin, I think. 27% on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Alright then, I will have to look next time I am in the city. I tend to ignore reviews a lot of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Nonsense! It it not just bread. It is a toast sandwich. The contents of the sandwich are not bread, but toast, hence the name toast sandwich.
    Hmm...I...are you advocating the toast sandwich? Because I do not think that much bread without some kind of real filling can be all that good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Philia. They distinguish erotic love (eros), love between friends (philia), love within a family (storge), and sacrificial love (agape).

Also, I doubt the actual efficacy of my devious plan. Caesar later backstabbed me (complete with an in-game comment about how he only pretended to be my friend). So I don't know how much of it was the plan actually working, as opposed to just the AI being evil.
    Thank you for the language lesson. I shall find those words useful. Alright then, philia.

Wow...that Caesar. I do not know what to say here. Well played by the AI I guess?
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Good job with your project Tedditastic! Sounds like there were quite a bit of little troubles that night, but awesome for it working out in the end. Heh, gotta say I don't think I've ever really had a hangover. Been fairly drunk twice, but I don't think I felt anything in the morning other than tired. Is it as bad as people say it is?
    Well, I'm trying to be fairly moderate with the alcohol, but I'm still inexperienced, so I sometimes stumble upon my limits. My hangover this morning wasn't that bad, I just felt a little queasy, but it passed as the day went by. I've had a worse hangover once, when I went a whole day feeling nauseous. It's a lost day, because you can't do very much, and one would very much prefer to not have it, but it wasn't the end of the world, and I didn't go "never again" like the stereotypical hangover is supposed to make you do. But then again, I'm not much of a drinker, so my hangover was definitely not the worst.

All in all, I'll just remember to drink more water between the beers or wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Yeah...things are kinda confusing with her right now. We are technically still together, just deciding to focus more on our own lives for awhile and see where things go. And if that ends up with us not able to stay together...that's life. Not that I'm happy about it. The problem is that our relationship has been long distance for quite a while, and yet I am no closer to being able to go out and see her. I got a plan for that, but still...I can't keep her waiting forever. *returns tight hugs* I think this is gonna have me even more stressed for awhile. I'll manage...somehow.
    Hmm, I don't know much about relationships, but I've heard that contact is critical for LDRs, so if you two cut the regular communications between the two of you, I guess there might be a risk of you two drifting apart...

Either way, I wish the two of you the best luck with sorting out your lives and returning stronger and happier from that!
    *kramhugs*

ION:
    I love to use objects in surprising yet working ways. This time, I used my sunglasses for better seeing the stars while stargazing. This may seem as illogical as it gets, but my sunglasses are polarized, and it's the time of the year when even the middle of the night doesn't get completely dark, so you can't actually see beyond the sky.

Except, the light difracted in the sky is polarized too, so by using my sunglasses and tilting my head the right way, I could make the sky go marginally darker than the stars behind it to barely make them out. Not much of a stargazing session, but fun nevertheless...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    At least with Ceaser it was just a backstab. If it was Ghandi it'd be war elephants.
    Nah, I've seen worse now. I'm on a continent with just the Mongols and the Zulus. Two civilizations that both like war. And they both envy my land. And they've both feigned friendship at one point or another. I've been to war with the Mongols once already, and have one of their two cities. We're at peace now, and instead, BOTH at war with the Zulus. Somehow I'm surviving. And somehow I have a military to match either of them, while still focusing on culture.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

5. - Top - End - #95

Nah, I've seen worse now. I'm on a continent with just the Mongols and the Zulus. Two civilizations that both like war. And they both envy my land. And they've both feigned friendship at one point or another. I've been to war with the Mongols once already, and have one of their two cities. We're at peace now, and instead, BOTH at war with the Zulus. Somehow I'm surviving. And somehow I have a military to match either of them, while still focusing on culture.
    You don't know war until you've seen Gandhi war. The creators took his "war through pacifism" methodology, saw how effective it was, and turned that into raw fighting power in game. He will not stop until you are dead.

I've watched people play Civ and it's always been that Gandhi rises to some military super power that threatens to annihilate them all.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

You don't know war until you've seen Gandhi war. The creators took his "war through pacifism" methodology, saw how effective it was, and turned that into raw fighting power in game. He will not stop until you are dead.

I've watched people play Civ and it's always been that Gandhi rises to some military super power that threatens to annihilate them all.
    I'll just leave this here.

(original site location is here)
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #97

NecromancerGuy

IIRC, the problem with Gandhi was originally an integer overflow error or something where they made him so peaceful he wrapped around to being complete asshat. And then they decided to just keep him more or less that way throughout the rest of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

I've started to get really creative with my wars. Same game as my Mongols and Zulus story. The Mongols only have one city left, and there's a source of 6 iron in it. We've both been fighting the Zulus in an uneasy alliance, so I've been using their iron since I don't have any of my own. But since the Zulu war has ended, I decide to become self-sufficient. So I declare war on the Mongols (losing my source of iron) and send a scout in to pillage their mine (so they also lose their iron). Once our swordsmen were penalized, it became a game of killing off each others' swordsmen. Finally, I sent in a trebuchet to weaken their temporary capital, and took it with a warrior... removing them from the game and securing my own source of iron.

(The main creative part was pillaging their mine. I've never used that strategically before)
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

It's my [REDACTED]th birthday in less than a week!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground

This is why I am pointedly including all four Greek words for love in my conlang.

Also, some of my strategies in Civilization are pure evil. I'm getting one of my allies to pay me to enter a war I was already going to enter.
    Oh, that's not that evil. I prefer to go to war with a civ, end up with a peace treaty, and then pay another civ (or two) to go to war with them, just to keep 'em weak while I rally my forces for a final assault. Or get them to give me a city as part of a peace treaty, then use that city to spawn troops for the war that will resume in 10 turns.

Also (in Brave New World) I like to promise civs obscene amounts of money (over a period of 30 turns, of course) to vote for my proposals (which usually benefit me and harm the civ I'm trading with) then immediately go to war with them after the World Congress session, thus cancelling my payments after they've already given me their votes.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground

Only it and the second one are on (which I'm watching now).
    Well when you do see the third one, you will be sad. Roman Polanski is in it for some reason. He gives Jackie Chan a cavity search.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #102

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    Well when you do see the third one, you will be sad. Roman Polanski is in it for some reason. He gives Jackie Chan a cavity search.
    ... ... ... ... There was a third one and they made a rape joke using Roman Polanski?

#NotEnoughBooze
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #103

I'll bite. Who is Roman Polansky?

14. - Top - End - #104

NecromancerGuy

Roman Polanski. Famous director. Infamous Pedobear.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-05-30 at 01:12 AM.
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #105
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    ... ... ... ... There was a third one and they made a rape joke using Roman Polanski?

#NotEnoughBooze
    Yup. He's some security guy at an airport. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker piss him off, so he punishes them by searching...terrible places.

Watch The Pianist. Weep. Then be glad that you've seen a good movie.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2014-05-30 at 02:14 AM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Lansdale...Septa....R5...R2...30th street station...I know that station...I know those views going by...that's where I live! Philadelphia!
    Well, the band is out of Philly. So.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I've never understood why people are afraid of sharing their age on the internet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground

Any of you nerds know of a shounen anime like Yu-Gi-Oh, only instead of the world being obsessed with trading cards they're obsessed with ping pong?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Yay!

Which day?
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Yay!

Which day?
    June 3.

I might and might not be planning on telling you my age once that happens.

ION: Is anyone here capable of cast both regenerate and (just in case) resurrection? 'Cause if so... Hey! Cuth! Can you come here for a second? definition 4
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2014-05-30 at 08:40 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

I filled the water in the coffee pot prior to putting in the grounds. Normally, this is not a problem. It is a problem when there is not a full pot's worth of grounds and I don't realize it until after I've already put in the water.

So..coffee pot on strongest setting and we shall see...

We shall see...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    I filled the water in the coffee pot prior to putting in the grounds. Normally, this is not a problem. It is a problem when there is not a full pot's worth of grounds and I don't realize it until after I've already put in the water.

So..coffee pot on strongest setting and we shall see...

We shall see...
    Did that once.

The result was... eh. It was coffee, sure. And not even all that much stronger. Still tasted a bit flat.

I still prefer super-freshly-brewed coffee
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Any of you nerds know of a shounen anime like Yu-Gi-Oh, only instead of the world being obsessed with trading cards they're obsessed with ping pong?
    Ping pong or proper tennis? The latter would almost obviously be Prince of Tennis. I know there are several ping pong oriented anime, but I can't name any of them.

Also, the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga is actually really good. I recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Ping pong or proper tennis? The latter would almost obviously be Prince of Tennis. I know there are several ping pong oriented anime, but I can't name any of them.

Also, the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga is actually really good. I recommend it.
    There is actually a ping pong anime. It's called Ping Pong The Animation, and is...very amazing but weird.

I have conflicted feelings on the Yugioh manga. The Season Zero arc is super awesome! The Millenium World arc is SUPER AWESOME. The entire Duelist arc is...I'm probably gonna catch heat for this but it's so god damn stupid.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feytalist View Post
    Did that once.

The result was... eh. It was coffee, sure. And not even all that much stronger. Still tasted a bit flat.

I still prefer super-freshly-brewed coffee
    Well...it was coffee...and it was freshly brewed...but that's about all I can say for it.

Though I will say, I've had worse coffee in restaurants.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

I got a sunburn at the Necropolis today. Ow. Ow. Does not feel nice. Why couldn't I inherit my fathers insta-tan skin, but instead got the ginger skin from my mother..
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #116

I got a sunburn at the Necropolis today. Ow. Ow. Does not feel nice. Why couldn't I inherit my fathers insta-tan skin, but instead got the ginger skin from my mother..
    Oh dear. Hope you can get healed soon. I don't know how to heal sunburn though

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Aloe! Get a bottle of it, and use it on you burned parts!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Moisturizing lotion. Aloe, probably.

EDIT: Wombat-ninjas? Yeah, we're screwed. Bear-cavalry levels of screwed.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-05-30 at 11:51 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah...but were you really ninja'd if it took you 20 minutes to post?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Moisturizing lotion. Aloe, probably.

EDIT: Wombat-ninjas? Yeah, we're screwed. Bear-cavalry levels of screwed.
    Better than Half Tangible Ninjas... Or worse, Half tangible wombat ninjas of doom...
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)