New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    So my double bass arrived today.

Gotta say it's looking pretty sharp. Because I'm such a pathetic dork I decided to give it a nickname, just an informal thing. I'm not going to have it pressed or carved or anything. Ollie is the name I chose, it's what my recently deceased dog was called. Wonderful little symmetry that his replacement is in the background of that second photo.

Also if this photo doesn't demonstrate what a big mother****er I am nothing will. Look at that thing next to the chair and the table and the pooch. Then look at it next to me. That's all 6 feet and 10 inches of pure, unfiltered Crunk. I don't have many photos of myself so I don't often get to admire my height.
    Oh wow. You do look nice next to that bass. Do they have triple basses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shardok View Post
    Hey everyone. What's up? :D
    The opposite of down. Didn't they teach you that in, like, preschool?

*stares at wonderingly*

But we good. We good.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    The opposite of down. Didn't they teach you that in, like, preschool?
    It is? I thought up was the one where your hand makes a backwards L.

Also, while I don't have many words created yet, I still figured out the grammar and word order for stuff in my conlang. A literal translation of the first sentence of Romeo and Juliet:

"Two households, both alike in dignity, / In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, / From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, / Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean." becomes "From grudge ancient, begin to be in a state of mutiny new households (dual) having dignity of each other, in Verona fair. In there, begin to be unclean [because of] blood of people hands of people."
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

It is? I thought up was the one where your hand makes a backwards L.

Also, while I don't have many words created yet, I still figured out the grammar and word order for stuff in my conlang. A literal translation of the first sentence of Romeo and Juliet:

"Two households, both alike in dignity, / In fair Verona, where we lay our scene, / From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, / Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean." becomes "From grudge ancient, begin to be in a state of mutiny new households (dual) having dignity of each other, in Verona fair. In there, begin to be unclean [because of] blood of people hands of people."
    Can't you cut fair in this case?
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Can't you cut fair in this case?
    If I wanted to, I suppose. The point was more about how different the grammar and some verbs were.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There is actually a ping pong anime. It's called Ping Pong The Animation, and is...very amazing but weird.

I have conflicted feelings on the Yugioh manga. The Season Zero arc is super awesome! The Millenium World arc is SUPER AWESOME. The entire Duelist arc is...I'm probably gonna catch heat for this but it's so god damn stupid.
    Eh. You're right, The Duelist Kingdom and the Battle City arcs aren't as good as the what equates to the Season Zero arc or the Millennium World arc, but it's still a very enjoyable read on the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    Forgive me if I have my doubts.
    You are forgiven. I know you're not the manga reading kind, but I'd urge you to read it anyway. Also good job on romanizing "shounen" correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taet View Post
    Oh. I wondered why it was popular. Revenge anime. That explains it. :smallfrown
    No, no, no, no. It's more ...

Yugioh, Season Zero arc, is about a boy who solves a magic puzzle that curses him with a presumably evil spirit that occasionally takes over when he gets into "games", games that are usually life or death. When he wins, the evil spirit gives a karmic punishment to the evil people who cause it, but as time goes he slowly gets less and less evil, as he bonds more with Yugi (our hero) and his friends.

The Duelist arc two very long arcs involving the game Duel Monsters, in real life it's called Yugioh, after the manga, and is about the evil spirit learning he's an egyptian pharoah god king, and the puzzle is one in a set of items similiar to it (we encountered two of them in season zero)

Finally, Millenium World has us explore the spirit's past, and learn what his purpose here in life is and how to pass on to the afterlife he deserves.
    I guess it could have revenge aspects to it, but you'd have to be looking for them for that to be the main attraction. That, or you would have to be rooting for the over-arching villain of the series...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, I'm trying to be fairly moderate with the alcohol, but I'm still inexperienced, so I sometimes stumble upon my limits. My hangover this morning wasn't that bad, I just felt a little queasy, but it passed as the day went by. I've had a worse hangover once, when I went a whole day feeling nauseous. It's a lost day, because you can't do very much, and one would very much prefer to not have it, but it wasn't the end of the world, and I didn't go "never again" like the stereotypical hangover is supposed to make you do. But then again, I'm not much of a drinker, so my hangover was definitely not the worst.

All in all, I'll just remember to drink more water between the beers or wine.
    I'm not a big drinker either, just a bit of vodka from time to time. I don't think I've ever really had a hangover. Even if it isn't that bad it still sounds like something that is good to avoid.

Hmm, I don't know much about relationships, but I've heard that contact is critical for LDRs, so if you two cut the regular communications between the two of you, I guess there might be a risk of you two drifting apart...

Either way, I wish the two of you the best luck with sorting out your lives and returning stronger and happier from that!
    *kramhugs*
    Yeah that is something that has come to mind. Truth be told we have had limited communication for the last few months. Things should be improving somewhat though within the next week or 2, so that is good. All in all so far nothing seems different from how it has been for awhile now, and I guess in the next month I'll just have to see if anything really is different with us. I really hope it works out too... *hugses*

You don't know war until you've seen Gandhi war. The creators took his "war through pacifism" methodology, saw how effective it was, and turned that into raw fighting power in game. He will not stop until you are dead.

I've watched people play Civ and it's always been that Gandhi rises to some military super power that threatens to annihilate them all.
    Oh dear...this sounds utterly hilarious to me. Super Ghandi!

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    It's my [REDACTED]th birthday in less than a week!
    Ah indeed then, then happy nearly birthday! May it be a grand one.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Yugi regularly drives people who mess with him and his friends into full-blown insanity. There is a scene where a man is set on fire. Yugi plays a solitaire-esque card game against a guy who's blowing up part of a ferris wheel every time yugi shows a card.
    Oh man, I love the on fire one. And the greedy thief guy early on too. The Pharoah could get crazy with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shardok View Post
    Hey everyone. What's up? :D
    Holy crap, you actually logged on??! I thought I would have to pester you for another week or two for that!
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Oh man, I love the on fire one. And the greedy thief guy early on too. The Pharoah could get crazy with those.
    The best one was totally the not-D&D one where Bakura was the GM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not a big drinker either, just a bit of vodka from time to time. I don't think I've ever really had a hangover. Even if it isn't that bad it still sounds like something that is good to avoid.
    Hehehe, yeah! As I've understood it, the trick is to avoid dehydration, drinking a glass of water between every glass of alcohol.

Yeah that is something that has come to mind. Truth be told we have had limited communication for the last few months. Things should be improving somewhat though within the next week or 2, so that is good. All in all so far nothing seems different from how it has been for awhile now, and I guess in the next month I'll just have to see if anything really is different with us. I really hope it works out too... *hugses*
    Ahh. Good luck to the two of you, then!
    *kram*

ION:
    It's nice over here, but pretty rainy, drizzling constantly for almost two days straight. But I've been a little under my weather as of lately, so I haven't been able to stay active for very long before tiring, and thus haven't had to suffer from the rainfall very much. But now the weather has finally cleared up, and turned into a beautiful, if late and somewhat chilly, evening...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Eh. You're right, The Duelist Kingdom and the Battle City arcs aren't as good as the what equates to the Season Zero arc or the Millennium World arc, but it's still a very enjoyable read on the whole.

I guess it could have revenge aspects to it, but you'd have to be looking for them for that to be the main attraction. That, or you would have to be rooting for the over-arching villain of the series...
    The only enjoyment I had was making fun of it. There is a scene in Battle City where Kaiba. SETO KAIBA. Says the following "Putting Yugi in a duel to the death with his friend? That's just evil. Even I wouldn't do that."

LET ME REMIIIIIND YOU. This is the guy who, in his SECOND APPEARANCE in the SERIES, kidnapped the main cast and put them into DEATHLAND, a themepark themed around "the death of Yugi and his friends". He hired corrupt army soldiers to play "lazor tag" with them, using real guns. He found what amounts to Leatherface from The Hills Have Eyes to hunt them down. His brother played RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH POISONED FOOD WITH THEM.

And this guy has the GALL to say "That's just EVIL! How could he" to the villain? Also, it's worth noting, directly after this scene two dudes try to attack Kaiba. He slices someone's hand open with a card, knocks them both unconcious, chains them up, and then kicks them into the sea, saying something along the lines of "Die as obscure losers who dared to stain my card with your blood"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-05-31 at 02:43 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The best one was totally the not-D&D one where Bakura was the GM.
    Heh that was pretty interesting. I liked the flip-flopping with Bakura and...whatever the evil spirit ended up being called. Cheaters.

Hehehe, yeah! As I've understood it, the trick is to avoid dehydration, drinking a glass of water between every glass of alcohol.
    Hmm so that is the trick then? I'll remember that just in case. I've also heard eating bread and similar things helps if having drunk too much. Then again, I would prefer not to drink too much in the first place.

ION:
    It's nice over here, but pretty rainy, drizzling constantly for almost two days straight. But I've been a little under my weather as of lately, so I haven't been able to stay active for very long before tiring, and thus haven't had to suffer from the rainfall very much. But now the weather has finally cleared up, and turned into a beautiful, if late and somewhat chilly, evening...
    Aww well glad you are feeling better now. What is the temperature typically like over there in this part of the year?

The only enjoyment I had was making fun of it. There is a scene in Battle City where Kaiba. SETO KAIBA. Says the following "Putting Yugi in a duel to the death with his friend? That's just evil. Even I wouldn't do that."

LET ME REMIIIIIND YOU. This is the guy who, in his SECOND APPEARANCE in the SERIES, kidnapped the main cast and put them into DEATHLAND, a themepark themed around "the death of Yugi and his friends". He hired corrupt army soldiers to play "lazor tag" with them, using real guns. He found what amounts to Leatherface from The Hills Have Eyes to hunt them down. His brother played RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH POISONED FOOD WITH THEM.

And this guy has the GALL to say "That's just EVIL! How could he" to the villain? Also, it's worth noting, directly after this scene two dudes try to attack Kaiba. He slices someone's hand open with a card, knocks them both unconcious, chains them up, and then kicks them into the sea, saying something along the lines of "Die as obscure losers who dared to stain my card with your blood"
    Wait, this all really happened? Was this the manga? I remember Seto being an ass in the anime, but not quite that horrifying. Then again I would probably find that interesting to read. I kinda like Kaiba from the anime. Don't really know why.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

11. - Top - End - #161

Wait, this all really happened? Was this the manga? I remember Seto being an ass in the anime, but not quite that horrifying. Then again I would probably find that interesting to read. I kinda like Kaiba from the anime. Don't really know why.
    Yes. What I mentioned happened in the Season Zero arc equivalent. If you only watch the dub you never get to see this. There are a bunch of other things. Mokuba was actually a genuine threat twice. Once involving russian roulette with food, once with (once he lost the game they where playing) he DREW A GOD DAMN KNIFE AND TRIED TO SHANK OUR HERO.

Mokuba. Mokuba Kaiba. Yes, that one.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yes. What I mentioned happened in the Season Zero arc equivalent. If you only watch the dub you never get to see this. There are a bunch of other things. Mokuba was actually a genuine threat twice. Once involving russian roulette with food, once with (once he lost the game they where playing) he DREW A GOD DAMN KNIFE AND TRIED TO SHANK OUR HERO.

This...I...so very strange...WHY??!! What in the world would make this possible?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

This...I...so very strange...WHY??!! What in the world would make this possible?
    Good writing, mostly.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Good writing, mostly.
    Oh, it does sound like very good writing. It is something that would freak me out in reading it. But it still baffles me. Was Mokuba very violent in the anime? I don't remember it being so...so yes, good writing, but scary.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Oh, it does sound like very good writing. It is something that would freak me out in reading it. But it still baffles me. Was Mokuba very violent in the anime? I don't remember it being so...so yes, good writing, but scary.
    He changes after the manga and anime reach the second Part of Yugioh, which the manga translation calls as "Duelist".

There are three parts of Yugioh. There's part one, which I call Season Zero based on the anime fans calling it such. It's just called Yugioh in manga form. Then we have part 2, which is Yugioh as you know it, the anime. It's known as Yugioh: Duelist in manga form. Then we have part 3, which if I recall the anime actually changed the title to Yugioh: Millenium World when they got to this. For the manga, it was Yugioh: Millenium World as well.

...I forget how to spell Millenium

16. - Top - End - #166

NecromancerGuy

I'm now imagining a 5 year old trying to shank a 14 year old. It's. It's quite trippy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm now imagining a 5 year old trying to shank a 14 year old. It's. It's quite trippy.
    That's okay because that's basically exactly what happened, and it's about as effective as you'd imagine.

ALSO! The thing that makes everyone scream in horror, and all the fangirls cry endless, delicious tears. Yugi and Yami Yugi are the exact same height. The transformation gives no height increase at all. It's harder to see in the anime, but it's there as well. Yugi is always the same short little midget, no matter who's in charge of his body.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

So, I think I have my new "well duh" response: Does a bear sleep in a hammock?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    So, I think I have my new "well duh" response: Does a bear sleep in a hammock?
    That bear's just chillin'

Also, nice new Avatar

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

I saw that article right before I got on the computer. It's awesome.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

That bear's just chill in'
    Indeed it is.

Also, nice new Avatar
    It's for the Reanimation Week.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

So, I beat the time-attack mode in Triple Deluxe. Is it normal for the first five worlds to take about 10-15 minutes and the sixth to take nearly an hour?

(also, in the credits, the rainbows do upside-down shuttle loops )
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    So, I beat the time-attack mode in Triple Deluxe. Is it normal for the first five worlds to take about 10-15 minutes and the sixth to take nearly an hour?

(also, in the credits, the rainbows do upside-down shuttle loops )
    Yes, the sixth world is really long

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

I want this dog.

Spoiler: space dog
    Show

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Anyone know any good back stretches? >___>

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Black holes suck! Does anyone truly appreciate the gravity of that fact?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Firbolg in the Playground

The subject matter is too dense for me.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

28. - Top - End - #178

NecromancerGuy

Anyone know any good back stretches? >___>
    I only know the ones they teach in PE & the one where one puts one's hands against the small of one's back and leans back and up with one's legs shoulder-width apart, sorry. Yoga might have some ideas though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DraPrime View Post
    The subject matter is too dense for me.
    You're both terrible.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You're both terrible.
    There are two types of people in the world. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.