New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shards of the West IC

Spoiler: Deron's Cabin
    Show

"I don't mean to trouble so much, and I won't ask you to do something that's not yours to worry. But if you sense rat anywhere, just let me know." Johan stepped aside to let Deron pass.

"Enjoy your breakfast, it didn't smell all that bad as I was walking through the galley. Now I best let you go, lest I let your meal go cold." Johan grinned.

He stayed behind after Deron left, stroking his beard in thought. He had searched the ship, from head to toe, but no sign of the stow-away. His only options seemed to search again, or speak to the one witness. He decided that Riggs wasn't going anywhere. An after a brief moment, went back to searching the ship, thoroughly this time. This stow-away was proving a challenge, so Johan would meet that challenge in kind.

Spoiler: Actions - Search
    Show

Take 20
    -If Johan still finds no sign of his quarry, he will meet with Riggs

Spoiler: If I can't take 20
    Show

(1d20+0)[15]

Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-05-31 at 03:31 PM.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

For Jego
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jego slips out quietly from the sail locker, and onto the deck. There's a slight knock as he closes the lid... Jego waits, heart in mouth, breath held, for a moment, but the Captain doesn't seem to have noticed.

Crouching low, he's hidden from the Captain's gaze by the sail locker. If he crawls forward, he should be able to make it down the hatch - from there it's a short scurry to his hiding place, in a small dead space above one of the cabins...

For Johan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Johan searches every cabin, but without success. After he finishes, Johan pauses in the gangway to think for a moment. Something bothers him...

He checks one cabin either side again - it confirms his suspicions. When the cabin partitions were put in the workers must have left a small dead space above the last aftward cabin on the starboard side.

In the Galley (including Deron)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Deron Broadshield, sweeps into the galley. Now everyone's accounted for, except for one of the crew and the Captain. That makes sense - someone needs to man the helm and keep watch.

For Marrady
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone seems to be enjoying the meal well as could be expected, or at least eating it without too much grumbling.

The young Squire is staring at one of Lady de Marellet Tericus' maids when he thinks that no-one is looking. Marrady thinks the girl's name is Anthea. Taarie seems a little bored. Perhaps she could do with some cheering up. Baron Takkis is in fine form, chatting merrily.

For Heumwell
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel a sensation of tedium and restlessness...with a start you realise the sensation is not your own...

For Taarie
    Spoiler
    Show
    You overhear Darius mutter to Fadwar: 'Can you meet me after breakfast, alone? Something's off - best say no more'.

Baron Takkis says something to Aegrifio. You just catch the end of it...'...let the Captain and me worry about that. If it does come to that, stay in your cabin and there shouldn't be any trouble'.

Amanda chuckles at Sigge.

'Aye, not liking a fine spirit's a deal breaker in many a match I hear!'

She leans in.

'In all seriousness, I've a friend I should introduce ye to. A broker back in Ballen's Bight. I know he's had some trouble moving Begalan coffee into the hinterlands - could use a guild with some muscle'.

Darius listens to Fadwar's story carefully.

'Well, their loss is our gain. I'm glad to have you aboard, covering our backs'.

Darius leans in and whispers.

For Fadwar
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Darius is repulsed by Fadwar's burns, he doesn't show it.

'Can you meet me after breakfast, alone? Something's off - best say no more'.

As the company are eating, a little weasel pops out of Heumwell's pocket, scurries up his robe, and down his sleeve, onto the table. One of Lady de Marellet Tercius' maids is sitting next to Heumwell, and lets out a shriek at the fight of the weasel.

Squire Beleras leaps up, and reaches for the weasel, but in his haste to rise he knocks over the bench he's sitting on with Merok. The big human falls backwards, and cracks his head. The Squire sprawls on the table, and the weasel runs straight towards Lady de Marellet Tercius...

For Heumwell
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's Rory! He must have stowed away in your pocket. The little weasel is terrified.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Galley
    Show
    Marrady wolfed down his serving of pork suprise. He hated pork, so wanted to get it down quickly before it would go back up. Putting down the fork after his plate was cleaned, he let out a tremendous belch, groaning to himself over the taste.

After finishing, and while most others were still eating, Marrady stood up from his chair and walked to the center of the room, clearing his voice before loudly announcing his departure.
    "Alright, everyone. I hope you enjoyed breakfast, I will be back here later to serve you lunch. But until then, I'll be up on the deck for your entertainment. I accept requests, and remember that I don't actually get paid for this, and I want to continue to afford food."
    Marrady gave a little bow before briskly strolling towards the door.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: In the galley
    Show
    Sigge smilles a little at Amanda The hinterlands eh? You might have just saved me becoming a beggar- he pauses at the shriek frowning slightly what fey's this...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: The Galley
    Show

Deron enters the galley, a large mace strapped on his back. He bows his head before entering and taking his allocated seat- if there is none, he takes the nearest free space after taking his food. He murmurs a short prayer before eating.
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be dumb. Now I'm not. Rock on, everyone!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Johan's Narrative
    Show

Sneaky rats, always find the smallest places to hide. Johan chuckled. After searching the entire ship more or less twice, he was certain he had at least found the stow-away's hiding place. He began to search for a way into the dead space, perhaps a loose plank or hole that has been missed by the carpenters.
    Spoiler: Actions - Search
    Show

Take 20

Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

For Johan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Johan needs to pull a chair out from one of the cabins to get up to inspect the space, which creates a bit of a puzzle as to how a stowaway might have got up there. Tapping on the panels, he's sure that it's hollow behind.

Johan moves his hands over several planks in turn, before he finds three that are loose, and can be prized off with little effort. There's a strong smell. The cavity is dark, so Johan has to lift a lantern to look inside.

There's a space about 5ft by 5ft by 3ft. It looks cramped - a piece of sacking and blanket have been pulled together to make a crude bed. There's rubbish in the corner - looks like ham bones, egg shells, and similar bits of waste.

Apart from that, there's nothing. Clearly someone was here - but they're not now.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: On the Deck
    Show
    " I really should learn to be more subtle, but none the less he's completely into his thoughts. Could his voyage really be that dangerous?"

Listen: (1d20+7)[24]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

For Jego
    Spoiler
    Show
    '...don't care what any Baron says...Bloodgrin ain't known fer takin' prisoners' the Captain mutters, then falls silent.

A short while later he begins to hum a tune quietly - it's not one that Jego's heard before.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Marrady leaves the Galley, loudly announcing his departure, and walks out onto the deck.

Spoiler: On deck
    Show
    Marrady steps out onto the open deck, taking in a deep breath as the clear ocean air washed away the sickly scent of pork.
    "Ah, the wide open sea!" Marrady began to soliloquise, "There's adventure in the air, salt in my lungs, and a song in my heart!"

Marrady looked around the deck as he strolled through, politely greeting any deckhands he happened to spot.
    Pulling his accordion from his back, Marrady stretches out a few random notes, humming to himself. He sits upon a crate by the boats edge, and begins to play. No known tune. Just a little ditty off the top of his head.

"From port to port, the beast, she sails.
    Come wave, or sirens, she must not fail.
    For all those men who do attend.
    Their livelihood, and lives depend."

Perform: (1d20+7)[18]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

For Jego
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before Jego can sneak below, he hears the sound of someone coming towards the hatch and up the steps...

Make a hide check, or reveal yourself.

For Marrady
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone seems a little distracted by the ongoing furore over the weasel as Marrady makes his announcement.

Marrady doesn't pass any crewmen as he steps out onto the deck. Emerging into the sun it takes a second for Marrady's eyes to adjust to the change in the light.

It seems that the only person on deck is the Captain, who's manning the helm. He glowers at Marrady for a moment, but says nothing as the bard starts to sing.

You may make a spot check.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Marrady continues his song, looking around the deck absently for a potential audience.

Spot check (1d20-1)[10]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: On the deck
    Show
    "Someone would come interrupt this tune. Never heard it before. Whelp... since my carelessness got me spotted. Now is a good time to be revealed. Might as well keep listening."

Jego moves revealing area near the sail locker. Awaiting for his impending capture.

"Whelp at least I left Soloma." He chuckles.

Last edited by Scotty88; 2014-06-01 at 08:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Johan's Narrative
    Show

"Well damn, I knew I was chasing a rat, but I never thought he might actually be one!" Johan muttered jokingly. The space was cramped, too cramped for Johan's tastes. Unless the captain had rented this space out, Johan was fairly sure he had discovered the stow-away's little nest. Johan began to lower himself down. He replaced the planks he had moved to get in the wall, making sure to place them exactly as they were. When he was satisfied with his work, Johan returned the chair and lantern, stopping briefly to ponder the lamp post after he had returned the light.

"Heh" Johan chuckled. "Looks like I've been too long without the dark, I'd all but forgotten I can see in it!"

After the items were returned, Johan elected to return to the captain, after all, he now knew where to find the stow-away, eventually at least, and it would be easier to do so the more crew members were on alert to the location. Johan headed back to the top deck, and moved towards the helm.
    Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-06-02 at 01:17 AM.
    If I had one ...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Spoiler: For Wordplay in Particular
    Show
    Taarie will continue paying particular attention to Baron Takkis and Aegrifio's conversation while trying to look uninterested

Show
    Taarie continues eating her meal, only casting cursory glances upwards. Her ears seem to be perked, though it's hard to tell when elves always look like that.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    The burnt dwarf was growing tired of the music, and the blathering drone of conversation was getting to him. He'd been drinking the night before, and so he had a small hangover.

Fadwar had quite a lot of those.

He takes a final chew out of his pork slab before slowly rising, adjusting his armor with a quick shuffle. He nods towards Darius and begins to walk away, a mighty belch erupting from his thick dwarven lips before he follows his friend. Once they're a little farther, he grumbles and speaks. Now, wot be tha mattah yer stressin' yerself over?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

On Deck
    For Marrady, Jego and Johan
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Jego steps around from the sail locker, there's no reaction for a moment.

Marrady notices an unfamiliar human pop up from behind the sail locker...

The next moment the Captain shouts;

'There he is! Quick, grab him!'

Johan's already heading up the gangway as he hears the Captain's shout. Arriving on deck, he sees a strange human - he smells bad - not unlike the space the stowaway was hiding in.

He appears to be making no effort to escape - he's just standing there.

Jego can see a plump man wearing a hat, and playing an accordion, the Captain. As he turns, a towering brute of a man emerges from the hatchway in front of Jego.

The Galley (Deron, Taarie, Heumwell and Sigge)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rather than making an effort to restore order, Darius and Fadwar leave the galley. Perhaps sensibly as it turns out.

Just as Squire Beleras is about to lay hands on the weasel, Merok grabs the back of his shirt. He pulls the man up by the front of his collar, and draws him close.

'Be more careful, you clumsy oaf!'

He throws the Squire onto the table, upsetting Taarie's bowl, and knocking its contents all over her.

The weasel, apparently panicked, heads straight towards the second of Lady Marallet de Tercius' maids, evoking a startled yelp, as he attempts to hide in her clothing.

One of the sailors tries to help, only to earn a slap from the maid.

Everyone in the galley hears a shout from the main deck.

'There he is! Quick, grab him!'

Half the sailors rise, and run for the deck. Amanda turns to Sigge -

'Hold that thought...' and rushes off in the direction of the deck.

Meanwhile, Aegrifio, Baron Tarekkis, and Martius Gellad the gnome, cease their conversation. Aegrifio and Baron Tarekkis start to move towards Merok and Beleras, whilst Martius goes to the aid of the sailor, who's still trying to help with the weasel, and enduring a flurry of blows from the maid.

Beleras pops back up, and aims a blow at Merok, who ducks. The Squire's blow hits a sailor on the back of a head.

For Heumwell
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense Rory's panic has given way to excitement.

For Fadwar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leaving the cabin, Darius draws Fadwar aside, astern to one of the storerooms. He gestures for Fadwar to enter, and then closes the door behind them. Coils of tarred rope hang from hooks, and various boxes of tools fill the shelves from ceiling to floor.

'Thank you for joining me Fadwar. Something's wrong. The Captain's really off - not at all like he was on the voyage out. He seems depressed - almost as if he thinks something terrible's going to happen. Baron Tarekkis has been acting a little strangely too, ever since we recovered Secundis' body. At first, I thought it was grief...but then...'

Darius looks worried. He lowers his voice.

'I overheard shouting the other day. It was coming from Tarekkis' cabin. I just caught the end of it...it was the Captain. He said '...and if you're wrong ye'll damn us all t' the bottom o' the sea, or worse'. Then he stormed out of Tarekkis' cabin. When he saw me, the Captain's face went white as a sheet. I'm sure that the Captain and the Baron know something that the rest of us don't. The Captain's worried half to death about it, but dare not share the information - probably on the Baron's orders'.

'I feel certain that something bad is going to happen, and soon. When it does, I want to be ready. I say first priority is to keep ourselves alive, second priority, passengers and crew, third priority - make sure we get paid. I don't know what the Baron and the Captain have planned, but frankly, if the Baron's doing something to put this ship at risk, that's not what I signed on for'.

'When it goes down, I need to know that you'll be at my back, and ready to strike out alone, if we have to. I've already talked to Merok. He feels the same way'.

Darius takes a deep breath.

'So? What do you say Fadwar. Can I count on you?'
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2014-06-02 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Gramar error
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Deck
    Show
    "Ha Ha there's no need for grabbing my good captain I surrender. Besides, you just shouted out my presence so I'm vastly outnumbered here. The guy coming out of the hatchway is at least four men in one. But I must say that was a good tune you had earlier." As he raises his hands.

Directing his sights to the man in the hat, Jego says "Hey you with that strange contraption, keep the music going. Its quite entertaining..... more so than his." As he points to the captain.

"But before you all haul me off... Anyone here got any ale to spare? Its going to be a long day for me." Breaking into laughter.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Halfling in the Playground

Show
    Heumwell gives a great sigh. "Rory, if you are not back here by the count of three, there will be some dire repercussions. Remember the cage? One... Two..."

Spoiler: For Wordplay
    Show
    Heumwell sends a large amount of displeasure, anger, and embarrassment through his bond with the wily weasel.
    "Come out of this without being arrested, cursed, grievously wounded, or impregnated, and I think we'll be fine."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

"I'd have a few pints by now if you hadn't been given me the run around this morning!" Johan's voice resumed its boisterous sound as he called out to the strange man who smelled of the cramped space. "Aye, with all the trouble I've had finding your nest, rat, I'd say you owe me a few drinks!" He grinned and began walking towards the strange man.

He stopped half way and turned towards Captain Taro. "Captain, he doesn't seem all so bad. Not so shadowy a figure at all, I'd say. What's your call?" Johan shrugged as he asked, raising both of his big eyebrows, waiting for a response.

Last edited by TheFamilarRaven; 2014-06-02 at 03:09 PM.
    If I had one ...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

mad Re: Shards of the West IC

Show
    Jego has a slight smirk on his face. Although he has caused trouble. It was good to see at least one still in a good mood. One was all he needed. "Shadowy??? Far from it. Just a man who had next to no life in Soloma. But that seems fair big man. Say big man irst chance I get if ever, the ales would be on the shadow rat or as my mama would call me Jego."
    Last edited by Scotty88; 2014-06-02 at 04:21 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

On Deck
    Spoiler
    Show
    Four crew pour on to the deck behind Johan. Captain Taro relinquishes the helm to one of them.

'Marrady, much as I enjoy yer playin' hold off fer a moment if ye please, while we question this cove'.

'Alright, Johan, bring him here, an' let me take a look at him'.

The Captain draws up. He has a receding grey hair, and a weather beaten hatchet face. He looks closely at Jego, staring intently into his eyes. He looks suspicious.

'Alright boy, what're ye doing aboard me ship?'

Anyone on deck may make a spot check, DC 20.

In the Galley
    Spoiler
    Show

For Heumwell
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rory seems to get the point, but he's having a little trouble extricating himself.

Lady de Marallet Tercius starts to take charge.

'Really Dorothea, hold still'.

The Lady manages to get ahold of the weasel.

'There, poor thing's probably frightened out of its...'

Terrified, the weasel gives the Lady a sharp nip.

She cries out, and drops the weasel, which makes a beeline straight for Heumwell.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: in the galley
    Show
    Sigge leans more against the table internally debating his next move but deciding to focus on observing people as the weasel confusion continues
    Last edited by bross; 2014-06-02 at 05:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show
    "Easy good captain I'm not here to cause trouble... Uhhhh well not the raid your ship trouble. I'm simply trying to leave Soloma. Not such a jolly life there. Didn't choose your ship as a target just the first ship I saw. But I understand its your ship... So your final word is my judgement really."
    Spoiler: Wordplay
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+3)[6]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    The large dwarf nods at his friend before rising from the table, savoring his last chunk of salted pork. That was wonderful meat, truly. Though he'd been in the mood for mutton. He rises from the table with a great belch before moving away, granting those behind him a comical site. Those watching Fadwar stride away with get an unfprtunately good few of the overweight dwarf's thick, blubbery, garment clad rear end, the robust dwarven buttocks swaying up and down as he walks away. They were almost mesmerizing. Fadwar had always been a big dwarf, but he began overeating long ago, as a kind of activity to stand resolute through the depressing realities of his past.

Probably not the best idea to bring up the stout dwarf's eating habits, however. The dwarf had a short temper, and the last person to insult his weight ended up getting sat on. Ahh, fond memories for Fadwar. Fond memories indeed. It's agood thing he left the table before the weasel business began... he had little tolerance for small animals, and had never tried roast weasel before.... Anyway, as he enters the storeroom he looks about, spotting for some kind of cider or drink. He was absolutely dying of thirst! Seeing none among the piles of rope, he leans against the wall and listens.

He'll begin speaking afterward. Ahhg... That's nah wat I wantahd ta hear, friend. There's been nuffin but gloom and doom and whiny paeple thish 'ole trip. Mebbe it was a bad decision to sign abard thish blashted ship... Dwarves on boats, hah! Wot kind of dwarf sits arand ahn boats! Ehh... it hashn't been too bad though. Naht yet at least.... if ye thank tha the baron be hidin' things, per'aps we ought tah go talk tah 'im directly? Sitting here whispering in closetsh will solve nuffin.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2014-06-03 at 01:00 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground

Show
    Heumwell grabs Rory and hangs on perhaps a bit tighter than required. The mischievous weasel squeaks a bit in protest at the rough handling. "My apologies for the animal. He knows he isn't supposed to be out of my room. Won't happen again." Heumwell then attempts to exit the galley and place the weasel in its new home in a small cage.
    "Come out of this without being arrested, cursed, grievously wounded, or impregnated, and I think we'll be fine."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

For Heumwell
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heumwell returns to his cabin - sensing a wave of regret from his poor familiar Rory.

Opening the door, the room shows signs of having been roughly searched whilst he was out - several things seem to have been moved slightly since breakfast.

The note from the mages guild is still in its place.

For Fadwar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darius is a little taken aback.

'I...had not considered that. He's a powerful man, and he could cause trouble for us...that said, it might work. Alright, let's do it. But let's try to get him alone with us. I don't think he'll be willing to speak in front of the crew, and I think he'll brush us off if Aegrifio or Martius are there'.

'I'll have a word with Merok - see if he can't get them out of the way for a bit. In the meantime, keep your eyes open my friend'.

Darius opens the door of the cupboard.

'Looks like there's some commotion on deck'.

The Half-elf tenses.

'This might be it...'

In the Galley - Deron, Sigge & Taarie
    Spoiler
    Show
    The weasel recovered, and its master departed, attention turns to the brawl brewing.

The sailor, struck from behind, turned and saw Merok - and jumped to the conclusion that he was his attacker. The sailor ploughs into Merok. Falling back, he knocks another bowl of pork surprise over Taarie. (Reflex save please).

The battle-hardened human twists, and punches the sailor in the face. Another sailor comes to his friend's aid, and for a brief moment, Beleras and Merok find themselves fighting back to back.

'Enough!'

Lord Tarekkis issues the command. Martius puts a hand on the Squire's sleeve, and Aegrifio has drawn a blade, which he points at the sailors. Tarekkis speaks in a calm, level tone. He doesn't raise his voice, but everyone can hear it.

'Merok - you're employed to protect the passengers not assault them. Your future employment may well depend on any recommendation I make. Do you understand?'.

'Yes m'Lord'. The mercenary bows his head, subservient.

'Squire Beleras, at all times your conduct reflects on your Lord, just as his reflects on you. When you strike a blow, it is as your Lord struck it. Do you think your actions reflect well on your Lord'.

The Squire takes a knee.

'No my Lord. Forgive me, I am ashamed'.

Lord Tarekkis' eyes smoulder for a moment. He turns to the sailors.

'I know your Captain would not approve of these actions. I am not responsible for you. I suggest, however, that you go and make yourselves useful'.

The two sailors bow, and depart.

Lord Tarekkis turns back to Merok and Beleras.

'As for you two. Go upstairs and scrub the deck, until you are fit for civilised company once more'.

He turns to Deron.

'Master Broadshield, I would be indebted to you if you could supervise their pennance'.

Lady de Marrellet Tercius and her maids depart.

On the deck - Johan, Jego & Marrady
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marrady and Jego may still make spot checks.

The Captain smiles.

'Oh aye? What were ye fleein' in Soloma may I ask? Got some girlie pregnant? I have ta tell ye, we sailors are family men, an' don't take kindly ta that kind o' 'philandering''.

The Captain winks at Johan, and turns to one of the other sailors.

'I dunno, fella stows away, eats all our grub, then has the nerve ta say he didn't even choose our ship, fer any o' its fine amenities - just took it for convenience'.

'What did they do with stowaways on your last ship Hugh?'

'Threw 'em to the sharks Cap'n'.

'Oh, aye? I was thinkin' o' cuttin' him up an' servin' him up in the galley - make a change from the pork. What do you think Tom?'

'I reckon keel haul the beggar - it's a while since the hull's been scraped fer barnacles'.

The sailors chuckle merrily.

Jego's Sense Motive
    Spoiler
    Show
    They seem in deadly earnest. This might be your last chance to plead for your life.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2014-06-03 at 06:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Show
    Hearing the word family Jego slightly looks away from the captain. He often thought of what they were doing. Despite what happened between Reina and Zacio and the incident with his father. He still misses them. He looks back at the captain.

"It's good that sailors are family men. Especially those from Soloma. You have a life there once you go back. Or you could get sold to a slaver because of some family dispute like me but that's neither here or there. I could catch fish in these waters to replace what I took.... maybe... once I learn these waters. And with all the slave work, beatings, fights and scraping to live. A girlie was a mere dream. "

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+7)[8]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Galley to Deck-An Unexpected Intimidate Check
    Show
    Fadwar rolls his eyes before replying, clearly not taking these warnings of the baron's power seriously. If tha git ish putting ush in dangah, it's our righ' to get ourselvesh out af aht. I'm naht goin' to end up a' tha bottom of tha shea because shome arse-breathed fop wit some yeasty old title decided to play wit other paeple's livesh. Beshidesh.... power? Power means nuffin 'ere. We're on some oderous plank floating about a shea chock fulla clumpish blighters that'd be 'appy to steal our shtuff and leave us far dead. Here, only steel means anyfin. Th' people with the big ****ing swords come out on top 'ere.

So, if it does come out that th' good baron's been deliberately placing ush in 'arms way, it's not like he'll be allowed ta continue...

He chuckles darkly for a tad, a rare moment of cruelty showing on his leathery face before he sighs and speaks again. But hopefully nuffin's going on, an' yer jus' paranoid. Wouldn't that be funneh? That all along it wash jusht shome mishunderstanding?

Ehhh? Commotion ya say? Let'sh shee...
    He'll grip the large homemade weapon at his back before moving his way to the deck. Once he arrives, he'll shout out loud and attempt to intimidate the people there into silence. Well wot in tha 'ells ish going on up 'ere, ehh?! Even though the dwarf doesn't have the charisma to be truly terrifying, he'll definitely draw peoples attention, for he'd practiced his 'scary voice' many times.

(1d20-1)[3]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    o
    At the sound of a the new voice bellowing out behind him, Johan turned his head over his shoulder, with a big, inquisitive frown, more comical than serious, with his bushy eyebrows arched high, and his arms folded across his chest. He recognized the dwarf, as a fact there was no way Johan could ever mistake that dwarf for anyone else.

"Well." Johan calmly began, not turning his gaze from the newcomer. "This here be the captain of this fine vessel." Johan gestured towards captain Taro, an older man, with receding gray hair, and a weathered face. "We here are the crew" Johan motioned to the crowd gathered on the deck. "That there fool, who plays a racket better than he can cook is Marrady. And this man." Johan paused and nodded his head towards the slim figure, with shoulder length black hair. [B]"This man is Jego, a stow-away, and he owes me some ale."[/B] Johan smiled and turned towards the captain.

"Captain, ain't my place to say, but I don't believe the rat needs to be flayed alive. Aye, true enough, he snuck aboard without payin' both coin or respect. But he had the honor to come out and say it, and he seems willing to pay off the debt he owes. To you, and to the ship."
    If I had one ...