New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: LGBTAI+ 51: Lay That Hammer Down!

I wonder if I'm allowed to share...
    Shameless self promotion here:
    http://www.drivethrufiction.com/prod...Gorgons-Mirror
    LGBT friendly sci-fi/fantasy amateur writers magazine! (Showcasing the work of several people here, though I wont name names )

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

I've heard that ships are always female... but I wonder if there are transgender ships out there... roaming the sea... maybe that's why there are accidents?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh hi thread.

Anyway how is your sex life.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oooh no! That's how this whole thing got started! No more tips for her.
    *rimshot.*

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh no! That's how this whole thing got started! No more tips for her.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Mr. Pink.
    You've convinced me. Gimme my dollar back!
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2014-06-01 at 02:48 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wasteland Exile View Post
    Ok. This is a bit awkward to come out and ask, actually. I've made a new account just for it. This seemed like the best place for it, and I've been told that you guys are pretty knowledgeable. Just going to start it out slow.

How does one know if one is asexual?
    AVEN has some good info but you already got linked that. Basically, everybody's experience will be slightly different. In general, if you generally don't find people sexually attractive and/or have a low or nonexistent sex drive, you might be on the asexual spectrum. (Super simple version.)
    Jude P.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkweed Imp View Post
    Question- are there any explicitly male outfit/hair choices that are inherently male that I should be wary of? My hair goes down to my back- I usually just tie it up for girl days, but I'm thinking of trying some new things, and I wanna avoid certain choices made for only one gender.
    In general, when wearing a ponytail, women usually tie it in the middle-back of the skull. Men usually tie it at the base of the skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Also I tries on lipstick today. It feels interesting but I do not know if I actively like it.
    There is no requirement to wear it if you don't like it. I know a lot of women who despise lipstick and refuse to wear it. (It also tastes nasty, and there is a trick to learning to eat without eating your lipstick.

In other news, I finally got back on hormones. My insurance company refused to pay for the gel, even though it's on their approved list. (If I am reading the denial right, the denial was because I did not document the fact that I've used injectable t and the patch in the past, but prefer the gel.) My doctor filed an appeal mid-May, but I was told I would not have an answer until the end of June. To tide me over, I got the doctor to write a prescription for injectable t, which I thought my insurance would cover. Turns out insurance will only cover a 1 month supply - 2mL - and the t only comes in 5 mL and 10 mL vials. But it isn't too expensive out of pocket. So I'm good for 2.5 months, which should get me through until I get word back from insurance on whether or not they'll pay for the gel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that I expect anyone cares. I posted about the original rejection for the gel and asked if anyone had suggestions, but no one bothered to acknowledge what I had written.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oof. First real brush with Baby Won't Stop Crying. Turned that from a nap to an exhausted sleep. >_<

Mm. I understand. I do think you pass, though, at least visually.
    I'm not sure on the surgery, actually. Worth looking into.
    Thanks. It's difficult, I might pass if I don't speak and wear only strictly male-coded clothes, but I don't have many of them and I don't particularly like them (I just like my colours and flower patterns ). And my body language is still very feminine, I think.
    Surgery is interesting, I looked it up and then suddenly I was like "would I still be able to breast feed?". I really, really don't want to get pregnant and/or give birth, but somehow the thought of not being able to breast feed was scary. My gender is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    In other news, I finally got back on hormones. My insurance company refused to pay for the gel, even though it's on their approved list. (If I am reading the denial right, the denial was because I did not document the fact that I've used injectable t and the patch in the past, but prefer the gel.) My doctor filed an appeal mid-May, but I was told I would not have an answer until the end of June. To tide me over, I got the doctor to write a prescription for injectable t, which I thought my insurance would cover. Turns out insurance will only cover a 1 month supply - 2mL - and the t only comes in 5 mL and 10 mL vials. But it isn't too expensive out of pocket. So I'm good for 2.5 months, which should get me through until I get word back from insurance on whether or not they'll pay for the gel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that I expect anyone cares. I posted about the original rejection for the gel and asked if anyone had suggestions, but no one bothered to acknowledge what I had written.
    Glad to hear you got your hormones back and I hope your insurance will pay for it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I read about your problems to get them, but I didn't have any suggestions so I didn't write anything. Sorry. *offers hugs*

---

Just came out to two friends who asked why I was listed as Juniper on Sophia's magazine and they reacted both well.
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Today's my birthday

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

snipped.[/spoiler]
    I also apologize for not acknowledging this. It was rude of me. I will now redeem my la ck of honor by committing thread seppuku!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Also any advice for clothing stores that are punk grunge alt style

13. - Top - End - #133
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bladequeen420 View Post
    Also any advice for clothing stores that are punk grunge alt style
    Happy Birthday.
    Also, Let me be the first to be super sarcastic and say Hot Topic?
    You're a yank right? I'm afraid I have no serious suggestions, sorry

And yes, It seems I outed Juniper whoops

14. - Top - End - #134

In general, when wearing a ponytail, women usually tie it in the middle-back of the skull. Men usually tie it at the base of the skull.

There is no requirement to wear it if you don't like it. I know a lot of women who despise lipstick and refuse to wear it. (It also tastes nasty, and there is a trick to learning to eat without eating your lipstick.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is good that you got them again ^^

Btw, bit of stupid guestion, but since trans women get anti-androgens do trans men get anything similar? like anti-estrogen?
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

15. - Top - End - #135

Spoiler
    Show
    Yay It's better than nothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Like Juniper, I read about your problems, but I didn't know what suggestion to give.

Today's my birthday
    Happy birthday!
    Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Turnips View Post
    Oh hi thread.

Do you understand lief?! DO YOU!?
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Turnips View Post
    Oh hi thread.

Tommy Wisseau, is that you?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAI+ 51: Lay That Hammer Down!

Sounds like a reason to invent tastier lipstick to me. :3

That, or get cuttlefish superpowers and change my lips' colour with those. Could also learn to eat without eating lipstick, but I like superpowers. X3

Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds like an awful bureaucracy. Why not just allow people to get the equivalent of a month's supply, but in bigger vials? 2ml is not a magical size that saves you money, nor should that be the first priority when helping people meet their needs. >_<

Also don't see why they don't want to provide gel. Needles are scary and even if they weren't, it's quite cruel to force people to use a method they're not comfortable with if there is equally useful ones that they are comfortable with. It's like providing someone who don't like spices with only extra-spicy food, which is mean.

Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't think of anything to say, since I still am nowhere near even beginning HRT yet. Then the thread got several more pages of posts before I could think of anything and it felt awkward to reply to stuff several pages ago and... Sorry! m(_ _)m

Today's my birthday
    Happy birthday! ^_^
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    AVEN has some good info but you already got linked that. Basically, everybody's experience will be slightly different. In general, if you generally don't find people sexually attractive and/or have a low or nonexistent sex drive, you might be on the asexual spectrum. (Super simple version.)
    And it shouldn't be because of some medication or other condition.

― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #140
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    And it shouldn't be because of some medication or other condition.
    Oh yeah, there's that. If you're on like, SSRIs or have been castrated &c., low sex drive probably isn't related to asexuality.
    Jude P.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Today's my birthday

― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #142

I can confirm that men tie theirs low, because that's how I tie my hair.

Other than that...The only male/female thing I can think of for hair is that the more work you have to put into getting and maintaining the style, the more likely it is to be a female style.

Anyways, what's up people? Been a while since I posted in this thread.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Oh yeah, there's that. If you're on like, SSRIs or have been castrated &c., low sex drive probably isn't related to asexuality.
    It's a standard thing they have on all ICD/DSM diagnoses. Asexuality shouldn't be treated as an illness, but it still pays to look at the official systems to see if they've got any tips.

― Tim Fargo

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

So... Uhh... I have a moderately poor pic of an outfit I just bought... If ya wanna see it and stuff, you just need to click the second word.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Dandolo View Post
    Yep, it can be. Apparently, getting one letter from a professional and a declaration under oath is not enough for them. I need a diagnosis of GID AND proof that I'm on hormones. Which is pretty ridiculous. I AM on hormones, I swore an oath to that.

I'm stuck between wanting to fight them to the deah and crying my heart out (actually, I don't think I have any ears left to cry, my eyes hurt a lot).

Oh, and for added insult, the salutations: "Nous vous prions d'accepter, Monsieur [= Sir], nos salutations distinguées." It's a standard formula, but the gendering is totally useless and hurtful, especially in a rejection letter.
    Thanks everyone.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. Just... why?

I don't understand either. I guess they assume that gender and name are permanent, so why could you change it? Anyway, my name and gender (well, not "mine" really) are all used in identity codes for no purpose, because they feel like it.

Paid them more than a month's worth of food for filing the demand. Just in case they thought I wasn't serious. (That's not counting what I paid to actually fill in the demand, sexologist, oath, etc. Overall, it cost me a month's rent.)

It'll get sorted. Somehow. Anyway. I have a month to sort it out, after that they close my file...
    *Hugs* They close your file? As in you can't request a name-change ever again?

Sorry I haven't been here. I didn't notice the new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Today I realized that malls are extremely creepy. I went to one today, looked around at all the stores, and saw how many clothing stores were there. It is just plain creepy. I considered getting makeup and trying to figure it out myself but I realized it is available in an overwhelming selection and is rather expensive. I might see if any of my few friends would be willing to help me try makeup. A list of people I could ask is very short. Two people definately and maybe a third person.
    A co-worker of mine suggested the M.A.C. counter. I don't know if there is one near where you live. But I went, and they were super friendly. Also Super-Expensive. But you can get a free make-over and learn how to apply it. I learned a little, but I was just so excited to having it done at all...

I bought a lot, and I still haven't tried to put it on myself. I'm kinda afraid to do it wrong. But I did finally buy some cheaper foundation, to practice with. I really need to work on this.

I love lipstick. I'm lucky, I think, in that I seem to be able to apply it rather well without looking like clown-lips.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    *Hugs* They close your file? As in you can't request a name-change ever again?
    No, but they'll send back all my papers and I'll have to do it again from the start

But I think it should work. I sent my rejection-ish letter to the local leading trans activist, who was looking for that kind of thing exactly to fight for the possibly to change names without medical notes, etc. She talked to someone in the bureaucracy, who said it should be fine. But then, when I talked to the bureaucracy, I received only more confusion.

It's probably par for the course for bureaucracy.
    Last edited by Miriel; 2014-06-02 at 08:15 PM.
    Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

I hope it works out for you.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I hope it works out for you.
    It will. I'll fight. It'll work. And if it doesn't, I'll appeal in court, and it will work there.

I mean, it's pretty horrible, all of this, I think, but having something to fight about right now is good for me. It gives me purpose, which is otherwise lacking in my life at the moment.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

It will. I'll fight. It'll work. And if it doesn't, I'll appeal in court, and it will work there.

I mean, it's pretty horrible, all of this, I think, but having something to fight about right now is good for me. It gives me purpose, which is otherwise lacking in my life at the moment.
    I am thinking that this might be the reason why I am interested in transgenderism currently. That and some sort of coping mechanism for depression and loneliness. Also maybe some legitimate curiosity about being female. But I don't know. I probably will still experiment though. And it could actually go somewhere.

Edit: Interesting. My dislike of my own life can exploit doubts about my own gender identity. Not in a way that says it is wrong but instead it is attacking through the idea of not wanting to be feminine. To not want to explore myself. To give up. Minor experimentation with makeup and fantasizing about being female has been at least mildly pleasant. I still feel down though. I have no idea if finding this thread has been a net positive or negative.
    Last edited by Grytorm; 2014-06-02 at 10:07 PM.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

30. - Top - End - #150

I should be getting my name After much fighting, it was agreed that I would only need a letter from my pharmacist.

Oh, and I had some free time and answered frequent Google questions on trans stuff.