New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default The Land of Mysteria IC

OOC

You are in a small town, you've lived there for a while. It's a bit boring but it's still comforting, some of you came from far away while some of you started here. It all begins here, in the land of mysteria...

You all wake up in your own seperate houses, you had a dream. A dream in which a divine being who looked like a metal snake came to you, it said the words: "You shall be there, find the land, find them, be there, in the land of mysteria." You've never heard of the land of mysteria though...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Land of Mysteria IC

Zero awakes, confused at what he has just dreamed. Quickly he kneels down and goes to a small sand pit he keeps in his room. There he draws a strange looking sigil. After drawning the sigil Zero chants, "Naberius, the Grinning Hound, called by others as Cerebrus, Death's Dog, Canine of the Final Doom, I summon you and bind you to me with this pact. Bless me now with your influence and give me counsel!"

Spoiler: Binding
    Show
    Bind Roll:(1d20+5)[18]
    DC 15

Spoiler: Sigil of Naberius for those interested
    Show
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-05-31 at 02:03 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty sit bolt upright from his slumber and blinks owlishly at his walls.

"What?"

Idly he scratches at his jaw, "What a strange...dream...but it felt very real." He sits for a bit longer, trying to separate the dream world from the corporeal world.

"Silver gilded scales..." He mumbles to himself, before leaving his nest. He moves towards a shrine, adorned with a single bright star on a field of black. "Merciful lady, I know not if you have shown me a path that I must follow, or if I am being led astray...."

After a longer than usual prayer, Marty cleans himself up and prepares to got out into the town.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Achaikos shakes his head.. not knowing why he was visited with divine drem.. or maybe it was all that fire water... no he muses. The dream was much to real, and who ever 'them' might be.. he knows he has to get to Mysteria he goes out in town and just randomly asks people "Do you know of the land Mysteria?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain rolls out of bed, landing on the floor with a heavy thud. Mumbling Pelor has blessed me with divine power, but I can't manage to avoid that every morning. In that moment, he remembers the dream. Confused by it's meaning, he opens the door from his bedroom and enters the small prayer room next to it. Kneeling in front of the shrine to Pelor he says with conviction Pelor, show me the mysteries that are yet to be revealed. Pelor, help me see through the lies and move past the dangers. Pelor, protect Nina. Getting off his knees. He steps outside to go shopping at the market.
    Player: I'm going to make a new character, I suck at bard.
    Me: Your only saying that because you died.
    Player: So?
    Me: Everyone dies when they do stupid stuff between two rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Your companion? The goblin you are using as ammunition.
    Surprise! You've got no legs!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Zero awakes, confused at what he has just dreamed. Quickly he kneels down and goes to a small sand pit he keeps in his room. There he draws a strange looking sigil. After drawning the sigil Zero chants, "Naberius, the Grinning Hound, called by others as Cerebrus, Death's Dog, Canine of the Final Doom, I summon you and bind you to me with this pact. Bless me now with your influence and give me counsel!"

Spoiler: Binding
    Show
    Bind Roll:[roll0]
    DC 15

Spoiler: Sigil of Naberius for those interested
    Show
    (Isn't this for 2nd level binders? Binder's circle?)You see a large mystical and dark beast appear in front of you. It seems only to be just a shadow and it speaks: "What do you require from me, great master..."

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltstarfire View Post
    Marty sit bolt upright from his slumber and blinks owlishly at his walls.

"What?"

Idly he scratches at his jaw, "What a strange...dream...but it felt very real." He sits for a bit longer, trying to separate the dream world from the corporeal world.

"Silver gilded scales..." He mumbles to himself, before leaving his nest. He moves towards a shrine, adorned with a single bright star on a field of black. "Merciful lady, I know not if you have shown me a path that I must follow, or if I am being led astray...."

After a longer than usual prayer, Marty cleans himself up and prepares to got out into the town.
    Make a knowledge (religion) check. (for prayers seeking guidance you can either cast spells such as argurary etc...) or make a knowledge (religion) check for it to be a prayer of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Achaikos shakes his head.. not knowing why he was visited with divine drem.. or maybe it was all that fire water... no he muses. The dream was much to real, and who ever 'them' might be.. he knows he has to get to Mysteria he goes out in town and just randomly asks people "Do you know of the land Mysteria?"
    Make a gather info check.

Quote Originally Posted by Teapot Salty View Post
    Vlain rolls out of bed, landing on the floor with a heavy thud. Mumbling Pelor has blessed me with divine power, but I can't manage to avoid that every morning. In that moment, he remembers the dream. Confused by it's meaning, he opens the door from his bedroom and enters the small prayer room next to it. Kneeling in front of the shrine to Pelor he says with conviction Pelor, show me the mysteries that are yet to be revealed. Pelor, help me see through the lies and move past the dangers. Pelor, protect Nina. Getting off his knees. He steps outside to go shopping at the market.
    Make a knowledge (religion) check.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Upon seeing the dog as black as midnight appear before him, Zero bows before speaking, "Naberius, I ask for your counsel now that you have been bound, what do you know of the land of Mysteria? It appeared to me in a dream-vision and I wish to know what it means." As Zero continues to speak his voice becomes deeper and each word carries a small growl upon it being spoken, and Zero relishes in the wonderful sound of his own majestic voice.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Knowledge (Religion) Check
    Show

(1d20+1)[7]

((I'll add something more for Marty after the check I think, but he's definitely heading for the temple of Pelor, whether to attend to whatever usual help he gives there, or to speak more in depth about the weird dream))

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Upon seeing the dog as black as midnight appear before him, Zero bows before speaking, "Naberius, I ask for your counsel now that you have been bound, what do you know of the land of Mysteria? It appeared to me in a dream-vision and I wish to know what it means." As Zero continues to speak his voice becomes deeper and each word carries a small growl upon it being spoken, and Zero relishes in the wonderful sound of his own majestic voice.
    The shadow dog growls and says in a deep voice: "That which you seek does not come from this world, for it is of far and can only be mastered by the great divines. If you dare enter it you shall be faced with challenge beyond challenge of mystery. If you suceed you shall gain power, fame, strength, and fortune beyond your wildest dreams. If you fail your soul shall never rest and be forever in damnation. You must find the others, for only they can help you achieve what you desire. You must then seek the gate the lesser spawn of Tiamat contain one. The next is in the clutches of my master, and the third and final one rests in the fist of the demon prince."

Spoiler: Knowledge (Religion) Check
    Show

[roll0]

((I'll add something more for Marty after the check I think, but he's definitely heading for the temple of Pelor, whether to attend to whatever usual help he gives there, or to speak more in depth about the weird dream))
    He gets to the church and sees that there are many people there. It seems to be a normal church with a room for the wounded, a place to pray and a holy idol. It's the normal church inside you see priests bustling around.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you great spirit, I shall now go forth with your sign and do great deeds in the name of our contract." Zero says, again with a far deeper, booming voice than before. As Naberius returns to the spirit realm, Zero dresses himself and goes down into the bar below to ask if any other travelers have entered town recently.

Spoiler: Gather info roll
    Show
    Gather Information:(1d20+4)[14]

Spoiler: Powers granted by Naberius binding (Wall of text inside)
    Show
    Powers Granted by Naberius contract: -Disguise Self
    - Faster Ability Healing: You heal 1 point in each damaged ability score every round, and 1 point in all drained ability scores every hour.
    -Naberius’s Skills: At the time you make your pact, you can choose a number of skills equal to your Constitution bonus (if any). Your choices must be skills that can’t be used untrained and in which you have no ranks. For the duration of the binding, you can make skill checks with your chosen skills even though you are untrained. If your Constitution modifier er decreases after you make the pact, you lose the ability to make untrained checks with an equal number of the chosen skills. Lost skills are chosen randomly, and they remain inaccessible to you until you make another pact with Naberius
    -Persuasive Words: You can direct a verbal command at a single living target within 30 feet as if using the command spell. A successful Will save negates the effect. When your effective binder level reaches 14th, your words become even more persuasive and this ability functions like the suggestion spell. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds
    -Silver Tongue: You can take 10 on Diplomacy and Bluff checks even if distracted or threatened. In addition, you can make a rushed Diplomacy check as a standard action and take no penalty. (Normally, a rushed Diplomacy check requires a full-round action and imposes a –10 penalty on the check.)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You spend 3 hrs. talking around the small town and you eventually find that there don't seem to be any new travelers in town.

12. - Top - End - #12

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain heads to the market, wearing a white shirt and trousers, having left his armor in his house, but keeping his mace at his hip, mingling with people and going about his shopping. The food he buys mainly consists of fruit and vegetables, and a loaf of bread. Upon completing his shopping, he heads to the church to drop of the food. During his time shopping Vlain also tries to learn what he can about the Land of Mysteria while remaining discreet and nonchalant, he doesn't want anybody knowing about his dream just yet.

Spoiler: Knowledge (religion)
    Show

(1d20)[19]
    Last edited by Teapot Salty; 2014-06-06 at 01:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

An angel of Pelor comes to you as you pray. He says to you:
    Spoiler: Private, Teapot Only!
    Show
    "You must find the other three, then pass through the gates to find the land of mysteria. The gates are locked and the keys are hidden. The first in the brethren of Kurtulmak, the second in the clutch of masters of mine enemy and the final is held by the minions of the demon prince, Orcus..."
    Spend two gold to buy the items, the priests greet you and are happy for their donation so they cast a spell and you feel empowered by Pelor. (You'll see what it does later)

14. - Top - End - #14

ElfRangerGuy

Upon greeting the priests, Vlain says to them them, in a reasonably nonchalant voice: Pelor bless you, I must ask, have you heard of the brethren of Kurtalmak or the demon prince who goes by the name Orcus? Vlain has decided to throw away a bit of his caution and ask in a more straightforward manner, hoping to learn as fast as possible.

Spoiler: Gather information
    Show

(1d20+3)[4]

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Achaikos makes his rounds in the market and up and down streets, the spirituous drinks still have not quite wore off their effects so.. doing this does seem like a good idea to the man. at least for the time being.

Gather information check: (1d20)[9]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty greets several of the priests he is familiar with, then wonders over to the infirmary to inquire if there is anything he can help with for the day.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Upon not finding any information about any other new comers to town other than him, Zero leaves the bar and heads to the church, as he believes that as an aasimar they might be able to help find out more information on this "Mysteria."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Upon greeting the priests, Vlain says to them them, in a reasonably nonchalant voice: Pelor bless you, I must ask, have you heard of the brethren of Kurtalmak or the demon prince who goes by the name Orcus? Vlain has decided to throw away a bit of his caution and ask in a more straightforward manner, hoping to learn as fast as possible.

Spoiler: Gather information
    Show

[roll0]
    You spend two hours asking around church, you don't seem to find anything and you spoke quite loudly so someone might have heard you who shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Achaikos makes his rounds in the market and up and down streets, the spirituous drinks still have not quite wore off their effects so.. doing this does seem like a good idea to the man. at least for the time being.

Gather information check: [roll0]
    You spend 3 hrs. asking around for information but you can't seem to find anything.

Marty greets several of the priests he is familiar with, then wonders over to the infirmary to inquire if there is anything he can help with for the day.
    The priests say that they could use help with healing some wounded and helping the children, teaching them the ways of Pelor etc...

Upon not finding any information about any other new comers to town other than him, Zero leaves the bar and heads to the church, as he believes that as an aasimar they might be able to help find out more information on this "Mysteria."
    Spoiler: PRIVATE, CHAOS ONLY!
    Show
    You notice that as you walk into church there seem to be two bright lights. Highlighting a kobold who seems somewhat out of place by wielding a trident and heavy armor as well as one of the chosen (favored souls) seem to be highlighted as well.

It's now around 6 O'clock for everyone.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

"Hello sir knights, I have come to this temple to ask whether you men of the gods could help me, a decendant of angelic birth, find out something about a place called Mysteria? It came to me in a dream-like vision and I am afraid I know nothing about said place." Zero says with a smile, although his voice still sounding as if there were a slight growl to it.

Spoiler: The Growling Voice
    Show
    The growl part of my voice is a sign I am currently under contract with Naberius for the day just so you know
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-06-10 at 11:33 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain wanders around the church, speaking to children playing with them. Doing this is predominantly for two reasons, one, he loves kids, and two, the children here remind him of Nina, although that is probably just his mind, as he attributes most children to her. Before beginning his games with the kids however, he sets his mace on a high enough surface, so that it is out of the reach of the children, after all, the young and weapons don't mix. Today, he is distracted, instead of pouring his heart and soul into his playing, his mind wanders to the land of mysteria. He wonders if a library, or other place of information might have the knowledge he seeks, and it strikes him as the next logical step, after having asked around the church.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Hello sir knights, I have come to this temple to ask whether you men of the gods could help me, a decendant of angelic birth, find out something about a place called Mysteria? It came to me in a dream-like vision and I am afraid I know nothing about said place." Zero says with a smile, although his voice still sounding as if there were a slight growl to it.

Spoiler: The Growling Voice
    Show
    The growl part of my voice is a sign I am currently under contract with Naberius for the day just so you know
    The priests breathe in deeply in an awed voice, "Mysteria? You seek Mysteria? The holy text of Pelor says of it briefly. Come, let me show it to you." The priest walks away and motions for you to follow him. As you walk you notice one of the chosen, a human playing with some children. You also notice a kobold who seems to be helping out in the church dressed in the armor of the knights holy. Both are highlighted in the light you saw earlier.
    Spoiler: PRIVATE! CHAOS ONLY!!!
    Show
    As the priest takes you into a small room full of dusty tomes and one large book with many different writings. It's very old. The priest flips through it a couple times until he finds the page he wants. He motions to you, "Look, look, this is where they are mentioned." He shows you a picture of a large plane of existence that seems to be controlled by Pelor. As you read the book it seems like Pelor controls the island and it is sort of like a heaven-y place of eternal youth and happiness. The plane is only meant for the greatest of heroes though as they are guarded by three gates. It mentions that the first one was lost to Pelor's enemies. As well as the creators of destruction, and the last he gave as a gift to appease happy tidings between humans and kobolds for a century (this did actually happen BTW, history books account to this).

Vlain wanders around the church, speaking to children playing with them. Doing this is predominantly for two reasons, one, he loves kids, and two, the children here remind him of Nina, although that is probably just his mind, as he attributes most children to her. Before beginning his games with the kids however, he sets his mace on a high enough surface, so that it is out of the reach of the children, after all, the young and weapons don't mix. Today, he is distracted, instead of pouring his heart and soul into his playing, his mind wanders to the land of mysteria. He wonders if a library, or other place of information might have the knowledge he seeks, and it strikes him as the next logical step, after having asked around the church.
    You play with the children for a while then get up and you ask one of the priests, and as you're walking over to them you notice a Aaismar walk by you following another priest. You hear him mention "Mysteria..." to the Aaismar once or twice.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you for your aide, holy man. I have another question, do you know of the armored kobold over there or the human playing the the children over yonder? They appear to be enshrined in a light which it seems only I can see..." says Zero, half mystified, half intrigued. All of this is still said with the same slight growl accompanying his voice as it has since his pact with Naberius.
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-06-11 at 08:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain stands bolt upright for a moment. "Thank you Pelor, for dropping this into my lap" he mumbles quietly. He walks over to the Aaismar and the priest and says: Excuse me gentlemen, but did I not just hear you mention Mysteria? He hopes to discern if this Aasimar is trustworthy, and if he is, to tell him about his dream, and his contact with the angel.

Spoiler: Sense Motive-To see if the Aasimar is trustworthy
    Show
    (1d20+1)[13]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vlain stands bolt upright for a moment. "Thank you Pelor, for dropping this into my lap" he mumbles quietly. He walks over to the Aaismar and the priest and says: Excuse me gentlemen, but did I not just hear you mention Mysteria? He hopes to discern if this Aasimar is trustworthy, and if he is, to tell him about his dream, and his contact with the angel.

Spoiler: Sense Motive-To see if the Aasimar is trustworthy
    Show
    [roll0]
    You determine that the Aaismar is trustworthy.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, you heard correctly, I was visited with a vision in my dream and it told me to go to Mysteria. My name is Zero, and yours is?" replied Zero, with the typical growl anyone who had met him today would be accustomed to.

Spoiler: Voice
    Show
    I'm thinking for now on whenever I'm using Naberius as my contract I'll have my voice brown to slightly resemble the growling quality my voice would have instead of constantly saying it, hope that works for everyone

26. - Top - End - #26

ElfRangerGuy

My name is Vlain Sunkissed Vlain says, bowing, while holding his marked hand to his chest. How odd, I also was visited by a vision in a dream, telling me to go to mysteria, what do you make of it? Vlain is overcome by the sheer coincidence, he was looking around, fruitlessly and this just dropped in? What luck! Although, the slight growl in the other man's voice seems odd to him, and he intends to ask him about it, should the two become more than acquaintances.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To incorporate Marty and Achaikos into this.

Spoiler: Private, Cobalt only
    Show
    As you look up from your work you notice two bright lights coming from two people, one an Aaismar and the other a chosen human. The both are highlighted by lights and walk into a room.

Spoiler: Private, ngilop
    Show
    As you're searching around the town and the market you decide to go into the church. You see three bright lights highlighting people, one a kobold holy warrior helping with the church. Secondly an Aaismar who is being trailed by the last light, a chosen human.

Chosen = Favored Soul
    Holy Warrior = Paladin
    Priest = Cleric

For future reference.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

"It seemed odd, I had another... source who said that I must find my other companions searching for Mysteria then look for a gate guarded by timat's lesser spawn or kobolds, then go the the gate controlled by a lord of death, and then the third gate controlled by a prince of hell. This man of the gods confirmed my source was correct. Apparently whoever reaches Myseria is promised great power, but those who fail are damned... I do not wish the be damned and so let's say I have incentive to reach this place." replied Zero, unnevered by the distrustful look in Vlad's eyes.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty looks up as a glint catches his eyes and notices a pair of seemingly glowing humanoids across the way. He shakes his head and blinks a few times, then excuses himself when they continue to glow.

"Excuse me, did you say something about a place called Mysteria?" He says as he approaches the two. He stops far enough away that he can look up at them without craning his head up too much. "Because I had a very odd dream of such a place just last night..."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Achaikos cannot beleive what he hears when somebody mentions 'mysteria' " he walks over to the three gathered making eye contact with each of them "did.. did this dream have a metal snake in it? I was told to find the land and then find 'them'"