New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Land of Mysteria IC

The kobolds lead you into a dark cave, and it stays dark. Anyone w/out Darkvision can't see anything.

Spoiler: Anyone with Darkvision:
    Show
    You can see the kobolds lead you down a passage in which it splits into a three-way passage. He realizes that most of you can't see though and pauses.

Spoiler: Map:
    Show
    x x x
    l / /
    l
    x

You hear a voice from the darkness: "Can you not see where you are going? What's wrong with you?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm sorry, my friends are not as proficient at seeing in the dark as you or I, don't worry I shall ensure they don't bump into anything precious." Zero says as he looks around.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain considers using his hand to light the way. Dismissing it after a moment of thought, the light is not bright enough, and the lizards may be startled by it. Stumbling over to Achaikos and Zero he whispers I don't like this, me and Achiakos are useless in here, if we are attacked we will be at a significant disadvantage, does anyone have any torches or the like? Pelor may have blessed me, and his priests empowered me, but neither have given me the ability to make light.
    Player: I'm going to make a new character, I suck at bard.
    Me: Your only saying that because you died.
    Player: So?
    Me: Everyone dies when they do stupid stuff between two rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Your companion? The goblin you are using as ammunition.
    Surprise! You've got no legs!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Heh, a priest of the sun can't light up anything.

The kobold says: "Oh, surface dwellers, of course." He hands the people who can't see (teapot and ng) torchs, which you manage to light. You can read the Darkvision only spoiler. The kobold motions for you to follow him to the right-most corridor.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Achaikos lights his torch, and follows the kobold own the tunnel.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The kobold leads you into what seems to be a large cavern with many kobolds (some amount of 8 - 12 you can't tell because of the light.

Spoiler: Chaos only:
    Show
    There are 8 kobolds in this room.
    ). They seem to be standing around one heavily equipped one.

The main kobold turns towards you and all the smaller ones back away he then asks:
    Spoiler: For anyone who speaks Draconic:
    Show
    "(loosely translated) Why have surface dwellers entered my great cavern? Begone Yik-Ni."
    After hearing these words the kobold who was guiding you runs back through the way you came. The kobold then addresses you. "Who are you and why have you entered the great clan of Kiy-Kiy?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

"I am but a humble traveler looking to pay homage to the gate, my lord. You guards at the front allowed us entrance when we expressed interest in seeing the gate of Tiamat, guarded by her most esteemed children. I must say what a pleasure it is the meet the kobold in charge of guarding such a precious relic, surely Tiamat smiles upon you my lord." Zero says as he bows.
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-10 at 06:03 PM.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

8. - Top - End - #98

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain fallows Zero's lead and bows. Bowing to kobolds! His hand still hovers over his mace, while the other holds the torch, if things get out of hand, Vlain thinks, he will try to put on a show to scare them.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The kobold looks flattered (if kobolds can [can they?]), he says: "Well, um, of course, thank you for those kind words. Of course, we cannot give the key to you unless you complete the trials. When you complete the trials, only then can you see the key. For us to grant it to you is a completely different business entirely. We shall discuss that only if you complete trials."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Zero rises from his bow,"Hmm I was unaware of any such trials, what are they? Although of course we shall do them to be allowed to continue our pilgrimage and pay our respects."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Zero rises from his bow,"Hmm I was unaware of any such trials, what are they? Although of course we shall do them to be allowed to continue our pilgrimage and pay our respects."
    "There is the trial of the mind, the body, and the soul." The kobold says wisely.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"These trials do we need to complete them individually, or are we going into these as trio?" Achaikos thinks that the trial of the soul sounds like its going to be the most difficult.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    "These trials do we need to complete them individually, or are we going into these as trio?" Achaikos thinks that the trial of the soul sounds like its going to be the most difficult.
    The kobold thinks for a moment then replies: "You shall be challenged individually for the trial of the body. You can work together to find the trial of the mind, as well as the final challenge. The trial of the mind..."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

"Very well, thank you for the opportunity for this task, oh great Chosen of Tiamat, may her flames burn forever and always be on target." Zero says while thinking, "Hopefully these trials shall be tomorrow... I doubt Naberius' support shall be useful in what mostly will be combat trials."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The kobold then exclaims loudly: "The challengers have accepted the trials you shall begin them tomorrow, but first, a feast!" The kobold tells another kobold something who then runs off. The chief kobold then tells you: "You should rest, the banquet will begin in a couple of hours. I have asked some of my kin to prepare one of our caves for you. I'm sorry as we probably don't have beds your size though..." He then motions to another kobold who takes you down more twisting pathways (I'm assuming the torch is still lit) which veer off and you can hear the faint sound of picks, yaps, and some kind of clanging coming from them. The kobold then leads you into a chamber with small mattresses on the floor (if you're small you can sleep in these).

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Achaikos smiles and shrugs "well im sure that most who stay here are sized right, so no bed big enough is par for the course I take it". Achikos then goes about trying to push 2 matresses together in a cobled attempt at a decent sized bed.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"That seems like a reasonable solution my friend," Zero says as he too begins to move the beds together. "Say Achikos, how did you become a grappler?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It's been awhile but that;s what he is right? If I'm wrong sorry just tell me and I'll correct it

Spoiler: OOC 2
    Show
    EDIT: changed to the correct class
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-07-30 at 02:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    "That seems like a reasonable solution my friend," Zero says as he too begins to move the beds together. "Say Achikos, how did you become a favored soul?"

Show
    It's been awhile but that;s what he is right? If I'm wrong sorry just tell me and I'll correct it
    OOC:
    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    He is.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Achaikos smiles to zero "well Watching the soldiers and others wrestle with each other piqued my interest when I was a lad, I made it a point to get into a lot of brawls growing up. that evtually went into me as a young adult in bar fights and well.. that's about the story, not too much to it after all, maybe now there will be a bigger story.. whoknows maybe even a legend" he shrugs and laughs a bit before he adds "a legend for all 3 of us!"

OOC: I am grappler, teapot salty is the favored soul

20. - Top - End - #110

ElfRangerGuy

As Vlain is pushing some beds together, fallowing Achaikos's lead, he says, in answer to Zero's inquiry Well.... They don't call me "Sunkissed" for nothing he says, holding up his marked hand. Some thugs mugged me and.... a little girl I was taking care of, her name was Nina a touch of emotion creeps into Vlain's voice They knocked me to the ground, out cold, and I had the oddest vision. A man was standing before me, strong, large and garbed in splendor. I have never been overly religious, but I knew in an instant that it must be Pelor. He told me that I could do so much better, and, at least in this vision, kissed my hand. I awoke directly after, Taking a breath after his monologue Vlain says, in an attempt to lighten his mood: Though, between you and me, I rather wish it was a goddess of beauty touching any part of my person with their lips, but I suppose the lord of the sun will have to do. And with that, he falls into his newly constructed man-sized bed, closing the discussion.

Show

Pretty much assuming you were talking to me at this point Chaos. Even if we spin it as a mistake, I'll say Vlain was pointing out that HE is the sunkissed one
    I surprised even myself with Vlain's spite to this topic.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting on everyone else to go to sleep as well. Or decide to stay up for a couple of hours.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Zero listens to both stories and says,"The road to my becoming a binder was a long and curious one, but all of us should be ready for the trials tomorrow so my story shall be told another time. Rest easy tonight my friends." and soon the young binder is once again in the land of dreams.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You guys wake up early to the sound of a gong. A kobold runs in and tells you: "The feast has started, the feast has started!" He then leads you down chambers that you can't remember, left, right, right, straight... until you get to a large table filled with small chairs and stone plates bowls etc... the leader motions you to sit down to the right and left of him at the head of the table.

24. - Top - End - #114

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain, still groggy from being woken so soon, stumbles up to the seat, and sits awkwardly. Is there any way we can push the chairs together? He says jokingly.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"well the food is the perfect size!" Achaikos says excitedly trying his best to unkink his neck the two beds not being as good as 1 sized right.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The leader says: "Of course." Two kobolds move chairs so that it's much more comfortable to sit down. Everyone then begins to eat some kind of stew in the bowls as well as some kind of mushroom salad. With water (and yes I do know that most water wasn't fresh in the olden days) in stone cups. All the utensils and plates, bowls etc... are made out of stone.

27. - Top - End - #117

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain studies the food. He remembers that when he was living on the street, soup was easily the best thing he could get. And he ate it often, trading things he scavenged for a bowl. He smiles at the memory.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The meal passes, and is for some reason very refreshing to everyone. Once everyone has finished and is now making petty talk, the leader slams his staff on the ground then stands on the table. He says: "Tonight is a very special, for three champions shall go to the trials. If they succeed they shall be rewarded, but should they fail, well, let us hope it does not come to that." The kobold leader then stands up and motions for you to follow him. He leads you down several pathways twisting turning right, left looping around, you can't keep track of it all. He then brings you to a large door and says: "Here is the entrance to the first trial, the trial of the body. Shall you pass this the trial of the mind will come next, and then the trial of the soul." The leader then says something in Draconic: "Yip, ju ik yu dip pi ra."

Spoiler: Draconic:
    Show
    Clean up the bones from the trials please, we don't want them messing with this.

He looks back up at you: "The choice is yours, leave now with your life but no chance of glory? Or take the risk and head in..."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Zero wakes before the others and draws into the dirt floor the symbol of Paimon. After chanting his name for several minutes, Zero says,"Oh great Paimon, truly you were the finest dancer that ever did live. I invoke your name and request that we may be bound for this day."

Shortly after the ritual, the kobold enters the room and Zero joins in on the feast, enjoying the food greatly as he compulsively dances to the music when the bards play it.

When the leader of the kobolds shows them the entrance to the trials, Zero replies,"I thank you again for this opportunity, oh chosen of Tiamat. We shall return and prove ourselves worthy of your hospitality my lord."

Spoiler: Binding
    Show
    Binding check (1d20+5)[22]

30. - Top - End - #120

ElfRangerGuy

Vlain draws his mace and mumbles a prayer to Pelor. the back of his left hand begins to glow as he readies a spell to aid his allies.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Draw Mace and ready bless for as soon as we enter whatever the next room is.