New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: As in Days of Yore (IC)

"How curious. So the dispute about the mine was not that the Fey were protecting the mine, but causing trouble within it. I misunderstood, and I must say that seems to be much more in keeping with the mischievous behavior the stories relate of the Fey."
    Yorick tossed the stone back to Branid.
    "Still, what a pity, I was hoping these might be more valuable than you're telling me they are. I wouldn't underestimate the potential of naturally occurring magical effects. The Darkberries and Fog Rocks of the Forgotten Realms are much the same, natural objects but valuable for extraordinary effects. But, I am rather taken with the idea of a Faerie Lord and Lady. That is a legend worth investigation. If your father stumbled upon them then presumably the paths and caverns are still there to take us to their hidden home, if the Fey do not obscure our path. And it sounds like the Druid you speak of is just the one to tell us more. I thank you for your patience with a curious fool, Sir.
    Yorick turned to look at his new friends, or at least acquaintances. They had stood and seemed excited to go, but now would not be the time for it.
    "What an anti-climax to hold for now, but if it is the Druid we should speak to then I think a well-rested Druid at first light would be a better companion than a Druid who has been burst in on in the middle of an evening tea. Innkeeper, may I be so bold as to rent a room for the night? I look forward to what may come tomorrow, and there is no faster thing to make tomorrow today than a soft bed."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Branid gives a smug smile as Yorick tosses him back the crystal. "I would not write them off so easily as that." He pockets the crystal again, then continues, "Still, there is definitely far more to be found in those mines, and if you don't mind another companion, I may find myself following you in your travels tomorrow." He flashes a vaguely inquisitive, polite smile at the jester.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dynadin nodded and gave a low whistle. "Now I would say that is very impressive. And I thank you very much for your assistance." He bowed at Ambarnor and grabbed the boar to heft it to the bear, of course likely with Ambarnor's help. "If I must give some away then so be it, but it sounds like the butcher would be the first place to go. After going with you, naturally." Now with weapons packed and wounds at least mostly healed, he was ready and eager to continue on. Staying still never suited him well.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Dynadin, Ambarnor, and the bear manage to transport the boar through the woods with no great difficulty. You come to a small round hut constructed of a dull green flinty stone, its roof of slate. Moss covers the roof and vines climb up the side, wrapping around the small ceramic chimney pot. A disorderly garden of herbs and bright flowers, with here and there a shrub or tree, sprawls outwards from the house. A cobbled path connects with the forest trail you walk, and wraps around the house in either direction before passing under a gate to the nearby town. The sky is a grim blue, growing to a dirty orange to your right and a dark navy specked with a few stars on the left. The druid rushes off, around the side of the hut, and returns shortly with a large sturdy pushcart. The bear releases the carcass, and it falls into the cart with a meaty thump.

---

The innkeeper says, 'I've got three little rooms for five moon, and a big room for two sun left. The big room's got a pair of beds, and the mattress is a bit nicer.'

Spoiler: Currency
    Show
    The currency of Essway (and most other countries in Eord, with some regional variants) are formally called Gold Marks, Silver Marks, and Pennies. There are a sun and a moon design on the gold and silver pieces, respectively, of every people in Eord except the Elves-who do not mint money, but barter or use foreign currencies-and the Dwarves and Gnomes, (their societies overlap and are highly interconnected, much like those of Humans and Halflings)-who use their own, much more complex system. For this reason, in colloquial speech GP are often called "sun" and SP are often called "moon." CP vary more in appearance from region to region, and are usually just called "pennies" or "pence."

---

In the small chapel on the road west, just past Greenstone Creek, a young man in the armoured habit of the clergy of Danna kneels silently, head bowed in respect, before the small altar. A stone statuette of the three Keepers rests atop it between two thick beeswax candles on short brass candlesticks. There are four rows of wooden chairs behind him, enough for twenty-four people.

As Yronnyn rises, someone in the doorway says, 'Yronnyn, you came. Good. We've much to discuss.'

Kalscierre Journe, or Kal, as he prefers, is a tall, bookish fellow of mixed elf and human ancestry. The human side mostly wins out: a strain from the mainland with sallow brown skin, hazel eyes, and frizzy dark hair. In Eord, where hair might wave but rarely curls tight, and the skin ranges from alabaster to tan, he stands out. He is a warlock, like Yronnyn, and helped the younger man to understand the nature of his powers. Recently Yronnyn received a message from him, saying that he had discovered something important, but telling very little of what.

'It's just here, follow me,' says Kal, fidgeting with his spectacles, and heads up a small staircase. He enters a room filled with books, and leans in close to one of the bookshelves, trailing his finger over each spine, stroking the little impressed letters of the titles and muttering to himself.
    Last edited by 'Neath the Moon; 2014-06-26 at 12:05 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dynadin glanced around the hut while Ambarnor went to get the cart. "It blends in with the surrounding forest well. Like something from an old tale." he commented when the druid returned. He walked to the cart and tested the weight and strength of it, then turned to face Ambarnor again. "I thank you very much for your assistance, especially the healing. I wouldn't have had the strength to take more than half of this, if that even, without your help. I am indebted to you." The knight-in-training bowed his head in salute.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yronnyn smiles a big bright smile that makes his golden eyes shine and says Father Kal it is nice to see u again but then smiles sadly as his eyes seem to lose some of their glow to bad it seems you have bad news or if not that news that make me wish i was somewhere else
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

There is no debt, Hunter, Ambarnor says, the dire boar you slew was headed for Aspendale. If I hadn't reached him time, or if I couldn't persuade him otherwise, the havoc and ruin would have been awful. If anything, I am indebted to you.

---

'I'm not a priest any longer, my friend. Not long after you left the Great Temple, I went my own way as well. I run the magic shop in this delightful little town. No, this chapel is run by my old mentor Brother Peln, but he lets me use these books when I need to,' says Kal, finally finding the book he sought. He pulls it from the shelf, setting it on the nearby table, and opens it to a page marked with a bit of ribbon.

'Here we are,' he says, turning the book towards Yronnyn, 'This is what I called you here for. It's an old account, telling of a group of beings known as the Elder Coven. Like most of the dark covens, it has thirteen members. They were brought together by a demon called Tok, who served Hect. They betrayed it, though, and bound the demon to a book. The Paladins of Danna captured this book from the Coven, and kept it hidden in the Great Temple. When the High Priest at the time saw the book, he prophesied that a champion, the Teullon, descended from Tok's angelic sister Teul, would one day destroy the book and bond with the demon, and use his power to destroy the Elder Coven. From what you have told me of how you gained your power, I think this warrior, this Teullon, may be you.'

Spoiler: An image of Kalscierre
    Show
    Last edited by 'Neath the Moon; 2014-06-27 at 12:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

He raised his head and looked at Ambarnor with furrowed brow. "My intention was not in saving the town trouble though. I simply hunted. I can see how it ended up aiding, but that was not my goal so I do not know if you can owe me a debt for that." He shrugged and spoke on, "I suppose we can simply see ourselves as square. I aided the town that you care for, and you helped me with the carcass and with my wounds as repayment. That sounds fair, does it not?"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

Yronnyn looks at father kal in shock you are kidding right pls tell me you are kidding and this is just some joke!!!!!! as he says this his eyes start to glow a pale purple and his voice raises in volume I cant be this Teullon!!!! I can barley control my power and any control i do have goes out the window whenever i experience strong emotions!!!!! as he says this a cup in the room shatters and pieces go everywhere. Yronnyn looks at the cup and groans not again and sighs sorry father that was not on purpose and i'll pay for it. This is just alot to take in and boy was i right about news that make me wish i wasn't here
    Last edited by razorfloss; 2014-06-27 at 06:16 PM.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

10. - Top - End - #40

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh dear.

"I'm a humble sort, and it would be in a better world that I'd have a use for that second bed. A small room for a small man will suffice." Yorick smiles, putting five silver coins on the counter.
    I'm running far too low. I really hope this venture bears fruit. Or I can manage to make money elsewhere... he mused to himself, surreptitiously glancing at the two highborns.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

With the sort of mysterious expression every solitary magic-user seems to practice in the mirror until they get it just right,* Ambarnor nods to Dynadin and says, 'Aye, fair enough. Good e'en to you, then, and know that if ever you are in need, or even just fancy a cup of nettle tea, you may count upon my friendship.'

She begins to walk up the path to her cottage door. As she opens it, the elf turns back and says, Oh, by the way, I expect that wagon back tomorrow. And make sure you clean out the blood. It'll reek for a month if you don't get it off fast. She walks through the doorway, into the dimly lit hut, and closes the door.

Ambarnor told Dynadin the way to the butcher's shop, as well as to the local Foresters' Guild outpost. The bear, still towering with its magically increased bulk, accompanies him to the gate, where it sits (with a soft thud, and the sound of rotten wood snapping from an old bucket it sat down on) and takes up a solemn vigil, looking out at the darkling forest.

Spoiler: *
    Show
    You know the one. They tilt their head just a bit, give a friendly -if somewhat distant- half-smile, and their eyes gleam with a mixture of appraisal, vague approval, a hint of pride, and a large helping of superior knowledge. I think Ian McKellen figured it out pretty well in his portrayal of Gandalf. I seem to recall that several Doctors have been good at it too, as was Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

---

'It's alright, control will come with time, and practice. Even those born with the gift for warlockry take years to master it. You just had it thrust upon you,' Kal says, placing a hand on Yronnyn's shoulder, 'Don't worry yourself too much. From what I know of prophecy, it is rarely an unavoidable fate, simply a path that you may choose to walk. Even if the High Priest's prophecy is true, and even if I am correct in naming you Teullon, you can always turn away from it.'

The tall warlock returns to the table, putting the large tome back on its shelf, and, with a friendly grin and a subject-changing, fake-gruff tone, says, 'And I told you, I'm not a priest anymore. Magic shop. I sell wands. Got a supplier over in Edhelmar, my second cousin.' He begins to look through the books again, on the next shelf over, clearly in search of another book on the subject.

---

The innkeeper accepts the coins (not even giving any test to their legitimacy, Yorick may note: either she trusts him, she'll check them later, or she's been in the business long enough to know real coins by their weight.) She puts them under the bar somewhere, to the sound of a click, a clink, and a clunk in rapid succession. She stands swiftly, and says, 'If you'd like, my boy'll show you to your room now,' she gestures to a lanky child with a thick mop of dark-brown hair and skin a shade or two paler than her own, wiping down some cups with a grey cloth. He's about ten, and perhaps an inch under Yorick in height. The matronly woman continues, 'Otherwise, just find him or me and we'll show you the way.' Then, she calls out to the boy over the increased noise (two more patrons have just walked in, and the four locals are greeting them somewhat loudly,) 'Gawen! The room with the round windows!' and points at Yorick with her elbow. She returns her attention to the halfling, 'Anything else? I'd not suggest strong drink, if you're serious about the mines. They're no place to go drunk, or hung-over.'

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Branid counts out his five silver coins and places them on the table in view of the innkeeper.

"I believe a room for the night and some good rest is all I need right now," he says cheerfully, and then heads up the stairs behind Gawen.
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

13. - Top - End - #43

MindFlayer

"Aye, I've reached my limit as well. I wandered most of the day, but it's the excitement of the early evening that has worn me out already. I'll retire as well. Looking forward to the company of you fellows come morning! Sleep well, and be rested for the day ahead."
    Yorick bowed, jingling his hat, and turned about to follow both Gawen and Branid up the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check (1d20+2)[22] and Sense Motive (gut feeling) (1d20+12)[28] on the two other patrons who just came in. I'm assuming they're unremarkable, but I may be wrong.

Spot check (1d20+2)[6] to notice location of keys and things carried by Gawen, if that's even necessary since I assume he'll take out keys to unlock the rooms. What kind of quality locks are these, if I observe them going in?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Branid and Yorick are both led to their rooms (Branid's is the corner room, and Yorick's is down the hall, with a single room between the two.

Spoiler
    Show
    If either of them are going to do anything before they sleep, post soon, otherwise we'll skip to the morrow.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dynadin saluted Ambarnor as she left, and gave an equal nod of greeting to the bear before heading off into the forest, wagon in tow. I shall have to take her up on that offer for tea one of these days. the knight thought to himself with a pleasant smile. But right now the quicker into town the better. I can sell the majority of this boar, maybe keep some for myself or buy what little I need back from the butcher, and then continue on with my business. He wasn't certain if there would be any deeds needing doing for a knight (or a knight-in-training) in such a small town, but better to at least look before moving on to more populated areas. And so he pushed onward through the woods, following Ambarnor's directions.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Yorick has a lovely sleep, with pleasant dreams (pervaded, for whatever reason, by the presence of turnips) which he barely recalls the next morning.

---

Branid is not so lucky as Yorick, dreaming of a mosquito the size of a large frog chasing him hither and thither through the woods. He awakens to...

A room full of muck, every surface covered in mud, much of the mud covered in moss and swamp plants, and the moss and swamp plants covered in yet more mud. Between the larger piles of mud, thick murky water pools on the floor. The room smells of wet dirt and decomposing plant matter: not outright offensive, but not what most people want to awaken to.

Spoiler: Also...
    Show
    Make a listen check, and any other skill checks you'd like to make.

---

Very shortly after passing the fence, Dynadin goes by the first buildings of the village. He finds the butcher's shop with no difficulty, recognizing it by the old red-painted wood sign emblazoned with the word BUTCHER in big black letters. Within, a lean man in a brown apron with mid-length dark grey hair tucked behind his ears, and a line of grey-and-brown whiskers along his jawline, stands behind the counter. He is curing hams, rubbing them with salt and spices then placing each in a large barrel of brine.
    Last edited by 'Neath the Moon; 2014-07-08 at 01:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

"AAAHH!!" Branid shouts as he is jolted into waking from his nightmare. His mind racing, he mentally commands the glowing orb at the side of his bed to illuminate the room as he sits bolt upright. He takes in the sight of his room covered in mud, and, panicking, twists his head around all over and strains his ears, trying to hear and see any creature that may have sneaked in during the night, say, maybe a giant mosquito.
    Show

Town Square execution.

18. - Top - End - #48

Yronnyn smiles sadly thanks for trying to cheer me up father i mean Kel. Danna forgive me that will take some getting used to he sighs if i don't do this it will gnaw at me until it eventually drives me insane. Sometimes i really despise the fact i have this urge to do good. it always pops up at inconvenient times. But ignoring that Father i mean Kel he cringes do you have any tips for helping me control my power if i'm to hunt this coven down i will have to have at least some control.

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dynadin took the cart with the boar as close as he could and approached the counter, speaking up to announce his presence. "Greetings sir. I come to your shop this day looking to sell a surplus of meat that I have hunted." He motioned to the cart and looked to the man with a calm half-smile.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Branid's light brightens the room, changing it from the dim lighting of the indirect morning sun. He cannot see any creature, but the light does reveal a message, written in a pale yellow chalky clay on the wall: So rude. To come to my doorstep, take from my hall, and not even announce your presence? Leave this town now, or come to my halls if you will. You know the way. -Rhiannon

---

Kal finds the book he was looking for, and carefully flips through the pages as he answers Yronnyn, 'Control... Never an easy thing. The surest way is practice, but practice takes time. One technique is to create a sigil for each invocation, and envision that symbol each time you use it. A quicker method is assigning each a word. The symbol or word isn't actually needed, but it helps to focus the powers,' he reaches the page he seeks, and continues, 'Your warlockry is tied to your emotions, which is one of the most common varieties, particularly in those who didn't seek it out; the ones who were born with it, or acquired it unknowingly. It's the hardest to control, but the easiest to access without training. You just find the emotions that link to the powers, and try to bring those up when you need them. Keeping you emotions in control is another matter...'

Kal looks down, remembering the book, and turns it towards Yronnyn, saying, 'There's disappointingly little on the Elder Coven in my library at home and Brother Peln's collection here, but I did find a mention here...'

He points to a page in a small journal, listing three members of the Elder Coven.

Spoiler: ...
    Show
    Illustration for the journal coming soon. In the meantime, here's a picture of Yronnyn in the chainmaille-robe vestments of the Church of Danna:

Any changes you'd like? Clothing color scheme, facial features, whatever?

---

The butcher grunts at Dynadin, looks up about half a minute later (after finishing up the ham he was working on) and jumps in surprise, almost knocking into a shelf of jars.* He whistles, and says, 'Well. One big bloody boar. Not sure I've the means to sell it all. Maybe carve it up, salt what'll keep. I can't afford what it's probably worth, mind. Twenty-five gold for the meat's my offer. I don't need the hide or tusks, but I reckon the tanner next door might pay for those.*'

Spoiler: *
    Show
    Random side note, they're large, ceramic, and stamped with words. They are: SALT, LYE, SALTPETRE, and VINEGAR

Spoiler: Commerce and haggling
    Show
    If you do go to the tanner, I think we can skip that part. The offer is 15 GP, and, optionally, for both (as well as any future small trades, with larger ones going up by tens or hundreds as appropriate) I'll abstract haggling with a diplomacy check: an extra 1GP for every 2 above 10 you get on your check. (Basically, like the ability score-ability modifier relationship. If you get a 20, the result is 5 GP more. If you get a 0, it's 5 GP less, a 9 is 1 GP less, and a 24 is an extra 7 GP)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dynadin looked at the large amount of boar, a sorta distant look in his eyes. Well it isn't ideal...but I don't honestly have much of a way with words and bartering. Hmm perhaps I should take some lessons... and with that he looked to the butcher and nodded, smiling kindly. "Very well then, 25 it is. It may not be what I as expecting, but bringing a good supply of meet to this town and stopping a possible threat as well are more than enough to me to make that worthwhile. And I shall take your advice sir, and bring the tusks and hide to tanner. You did mention it being next door, correct?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The light helps to calm Branid, and allows him to analyze the message. As it dawns on him that this may be a summons to the court of the fey, his panic turns to worry, which turns to wonder, and finally to giddy excitement. Laughter bubbles from his throat as he puts on his monocle and writes down the message on his notes about the cave.
    Show

Town Square execution.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

The butcher nods to Dynadin, saying, 'That's right, just out the door and to the left...' He counts out the gold, handing it to the ranger, and says, 'Sorry I can't afford to give you more. Tell you what, you can help yourself to the preserved meat. Keepers know, I'll have more than enough when this is smoked and dried.'

Spoiler: On the Tanner
    Show
    I'd rather skip this encounter, since it's much the same as the butcher one. Contrary to what I mentioned in your last spoiler, the tanner will offer 20 gold, not 15. I figure a hide as big as a Dire Boar's is probably highly sought after: such a huge quantity of (mostly) unbroken leather. If you'd like, you can chat with him, but otherwise I'd say to go ahead and look for lodging, or whatever else you'd like to do.

---

There's a loud knocking on the door to Branid's room. The innkeeper, by the sound of her voice, says at a volume just below a shout, 'Hey, Wizard! The ceiling under your room is dripping! You got an explanation for that?'

---

Yorick continues to snooze.

Spoiler: Or...
    Show
    If you're able to post, and want to, you can make a listen check to hear the innkeeper a'knocking and wake up. (DC 15)

---

Spoiler: Filler
    Show
    Sorry, page still coming shortly. I actually mean it, this time. It's mostly done.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dynadin nodded courteously to him and took the gold. "Very well then sir. I shall be back for some of it then later this evening, or perhaps tomorrow morning. Have a good day." He bowed to him as a noble knight would and left.

After heading to the tanners for a similar arrangement and leaving with a fair amount of coin, Dynadin figured the best course of action would be to find an inn to stay for the night, and then perhaps explore the small town for anything he could assist in. In a place out like this you never know.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Dynadin is able to find the inn without any problem, since the first local he asks points him towards the large, whitewashed windmill in the northwest corner of town, which marks its location. The inn still has one high quality room for two gold coins, and a single medium quality room for five silver left.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm guessing you're just going to sleep, for convenience in timing things?

---

The journal stands open the page on the left is writing, the page on the right is filled up with three sketches.

Spoiler: It looks like this!
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

MindFlayer

Yorick groggily returned to the world of the waking, his early sleep not detracting from his usual distaste for early awakening. He looked to the window and, after a moment of mental configuring, decided that the sun was saying it was morning, and not late morning either. How troublesome, this bed was comfortable enough and he would have liked to spend a sleepy morning in and get his money's worth. But now that he was awake, he'd have trouble getting back to sleep. For one, he really needed to pee. But more than that, there was a bit of a din coming from close by. The innkeeper hammering at a door that was thankfully not his, and a peculiar muffled laughing from the room within. Was that...yeah, that was the Wizard's room. Yorick began to second-guess his recent alliance with this Wizard, but ideally this wouldn't last too long. He'd just need to get to the Fey's court and he could take it solo from there, he supposed. But until that point, he reasoned, he'd probably have to-HOW LONG IS SHE GOING TO KNOCK?

Yorick rolled over from his bed, and although he was still in his nightclothes he didn't forget to put on his jingly hat. Commitment to a bit, you know. He sleepily headed over to his own door, and peeked outside.

"Hoo-hoo, good morning everyone! Bright and early, isn't it! I say, forgive me but I couldn't help overhearing...well, something going on over here. Is all well?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The wizard throws open his door, still half dressed in his nightclothes, and says, "I've been summoned to the court of the fey. Anybody want to come?"

Then he closes his door again with a giggle and says, "Just give me an hour! I hope this will cover the mess!" as he slides 30 sun under the door.
    Show

Town Square execution.

28. - Top - End - #58

Yronnyn grimaces Well i at least know what one emotion does as for the rest "wont that be fun to find out" he sighs i'm really starting to despise this power of mine and destiny for forcing it on me. Well no matter lets get off unpleasant for right now i need some time to process this tell me abut your magic shop and can i get a discount next time i'm in town

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Jeqem Ashthorn

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

The innkeeper, who went silent when the door opened and she saw inside, stands outside the door for several minutes. Finally, she picks up the gold and shuffles away, still saying nothing.

---

Kal says, 'Wild power can be tamed, and no destiny is unavoidable. Don't forget that.'

He gestures for Yronnyn to follow him, and heads out of the chapel, saying, 'I keep my shop mostly so that I can support my library. I've managed to get it recognized by the Mages' Guild as a local offshoot, so I get some funding in exchange for lodging the occasional traveling guild member. You can stay the night, and I've got the papers back home if you'd like to join the Mages' Guild. That would also make you eligible for the Guild discount. But even if you don't join, I'll apply it.'

30. - Top - End - #60

MindFlayer

Yorick stood wide-eyed, teeth slightly gritted.
    "W...Would you care to elaborate? Invited to the court of the fey? What about our plans to find the Druid woman, and to...What?"