New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: WW Classified: Spies, Agents, and Mystery, Oh My! [Game starts page 2]

I don't know. It could be that wolves are swarming around Murska because he said he had a PR.
    I'm still looking at Zack for now. But haven't decided my vote yet.
    Edit

Wait and see mode
    Last edited by Luizeu; 2014-06-24 at 10:18 AM.
    Darn it Whisper !

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WW Classified: Spies, Agents, and Mystery, Oh My! [Game starts page 2]

Huh. An entire night phase skipped. That's...interesting. I wonder if day phases might be skipped later too.

While I don't trust Murska in this sort of game too much, I will say that overall he tends to be fairly honest and upfront about things. I'm not going to vote yet, since I'd rather see how the day goes for a bit first. The lack of night has probably messed up all sorts of plans so it's going to be interesting.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Added to the post that if your ability has a cool down, night 2 still counts for it.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

Still Murska, like yesterday.

Are we to assume that Visor and Yaropolk were on two different mafia teams ("wolf" vs. "hacker")?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Huh. An entire night phase skipped. That's...interesting. I wonder if day phases might be skipped later too.

While I don't trust Murska in this sort of game too much, I will say that overall he tends to be fairly honest and upfront about things. I'm not going to vote yet, since I'd rather see how the day goes for a bit first. The lack of night has probably messed up all sorts of plans so it's going to be interesting.
    No he doesn't, Wolfbane.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Are we to assume that Visor and Yaropolk were on two different mafia teams ("wolf" vs. "hacker")?
    I feel like this needs narrator response. Wolf/Hacker. They are on one team. I just use both words because play grounders are more used to wolf. I will try to use hacker more often as the game progresses.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

I have to say, I really hate the way votes are changed here. I want to see when someone changes their vote, instead of quietly editing out their old vote so no one notices (like Luizeu in post #181).

8. - Top - End - #188

instead of quietly editing out their old vote so no one notices (like Luizeu in post #181).
    It's right there so everyone could see. You saw it.
    Darn it Whisper !

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    No he isn't,.
    Sorry, that was bugging me.

I'm not saying Murska isn't devious or always tells the truth, just that he tells the truth to some degree the majority of the time whenever I've dealt with him. Just like anyone in the game, a large amount of consideration should go into deciding what you decide to trust or distrust. So what I'm saying is this.

Is Murska innocent? Maybe. At the moment, I find it slightly more likely that he was just trying to get more votes on a bandwagon he thought would lead to a wolf lynch rather than deflecting votes from someone he might have known was a wolf. That's why I'm more willing to stand by and watch for a moment than vote right off.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    It's right there so everyone could see. You saw it.
    Only because the post was at the top of the page.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: @Wolfbane
    Show
    No, Mordokai's response was appropriate.

will say that overall he tends to be fairly honest and upfront about things.
    Translates to: Murska tends to be fairly honest and upfront about things.
    To which Mordokai responded: Murska does not tend to be fairly honest and upfront about things.

Now, if you had said "Murska is fairly honest and upfront about things," "no he isn't" would be better.

But I digress.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-06-24 at 11:36 AM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

12. - Top - End - #192

Only because the post was at the top of the page.
    Well, the full text is there, just crossed.
    What's your suggestion?
    Each vote change in a different post? fine by me
    Darn it Whisper !

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

On the post thing: Normally votes are not crossed out until the voter changes it to someone else, at which point you can see that they are voting for a different person now. You are allowed to cross out without voting for someone different, but that doesn't happen as often.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Spoiler: @Wolfbane, but Pengi already addressed this...
    Show
    It was correct as is, actually. It was in response to the part of your post that Mordokai bolded in the quote. So, no he doesn't [tend to be fairly honest and upfront about things].

Alright. I'm in too many games with not enough time, it seems. But I will try to make this work. And make sure I have a post in today, since I could have sworn I had one in yesterday? ...did I have one in yesterday?

I can definitely say that until Duck's post, I hadn't realized the bad guys were hackers. >.< So... is that really two wolves in two days? Let me go over things (and sorry for train-of-thought style, going through the game as I'm writing). Day 1, Visor is lynched and revealed wolf.

Spoiler: Day 1 Vote Tally
    Show
    Visor - 5 (Jarema, RuneboundShade, otakuryoga, Internet Flea, Luizeu)
    Internet Flea - 4 (Penguinator, The Fiery Tower, Zar Peter, Yaropolk)
    Zar Peter - 4 (Zweisteine, Rain Dragon, Zack, Visor)
    Murska - 2 (LoP, ThePhantom)
    Zack - 1 (firedaemon33)
    Sabeki - 1 (Askthepizzaguy)
    Mordokai - 1 (banjo1985)
    RuneboundShade - 1 (bladescape)
    Rain Dragon - 1 (Murska)
    banjo1985 - 1 (Mordokai)

No Vote - 5 (DarkLightDragon, Nonayer, Wolfbane, Sabeki, Count Dingdong)

Duck confirmed that he takes the most recent vote, regardless of whether past votes were stricken out.
    Never mind, no tie. Please tell me if I have anyone's vote wrong.

From Day 1, Visor wagon people look very nice. People who moved off (Murska, Zack) less so, and Zack less so of either, since it was to a competing wagon. Zar Peter looks nice as a competing bandwagon, but there's also that iffy end-of-day move from a Visor vs. Zar to a Visor vs. Internet Flea situation. It's *possible* that Zar was moved away from for a reason, though it could also just be conspiracy theory talk. (EDIT: Never mind, I somehow messed that up. With Visor's late push on Zar, both look equally good.) People on Internet Flea and Zar Peter wagons are a bit suspect. IF wagon a bit more so than Zar Peter. People who didn't vote are suspect as well (though one might also assume that with a close day, wolves may have prodded inactive members to save Visor or throw him under the bus...) (EDIT: As above, both IF and Zar look good, with people on the wagons a bit iffy, though there's the question of why wolves didn't seem to band together to save Visor. Yaropolk was out there, but I don't see much of a push away aside from him...)

Night 1, Askthepizzaguy is killed. Not at all unexpected. Someone else is attacked but not killed.

Spoiler: Day 2 Vote Tally
    Show
    Yaropolk - 7 (Nonayer, Mordokai, Jarema, Zweisteine, DarkLightDragon, Rain Dragon, firedaemon33)
    Zack - 5 (Murska, Penguinator, ThePhantom, Yaropolk, Luizeu)
    Murska - 3 (Zack, Zar Peter, banjo1985)
    Luizeu - 1 (LoP)
    RuneboundShade - 1 (Internet Flea)
    banjo1985 - 1 (Wolfbane)

No Vote - 6 (bladescape, The Fiery Tower, RuneboundShade, Sabeki (x2), otakuryoga, Count Dingdong (x2))

Duck, it may be nice to prod Sabeki with a PM, so he doesn't AL, especially with the skipped night and all...

From Day 2, Zack looks nicer than he was. Zar makes a nice point about why the Zack wagon is suspect. Then again, a Murska wagon begins to form following... Then again, Murska was a tad suspicious for moving away from Visor Day 1, with little reason to do so, it seemed. Then he starts the main wagon with little evidence, and Pengi's backing makes it take off a bit, only to be later overwhelmed by Yaropolk's. Yaropolk wagon looks nice, except *maybe* firedaemon bussing at the end, but that's still a stretch.

Side note... first narration put masons as ISA and wolves as hackers. So... I'm a bit confused with Yaropolk there. Then again, Duck put himself as the ISA leader AND a hacker, so... maybe they're one and the same? Or something? If Yaropolk was connected to both masons and wolves, I'd expect a bit more of a wave to save him...

Oh, right. Night 2 skipped. So quickly on Day 3, which caught me for a loop.

Spoiler: Current Day 3 Vote Tally
    Show
    Murska - 2 (firedaemon33, Zack)
    Wolfbane - 1 (Mordokai)

Abstain - 1 (Luizeu)
    Per vote tallies in my game, Abstain = voted but later crossed out their vote(s), so they are currently voting for no one. In my game, Abstain counts as having voted for avoiding autolynch, but I am not sure if that applies here. Don't assume that.

No Vote - 19 (Internet Flea, banjo1985, DarkLightDragon, Zweisteine, Jarema, Murska, bladescape, Rain Dragon, Zar Peter, Penguinator, The Fiery Tower, LoP, Nonayer, Wolfbane, RuneboundShade, Sabeki, ThePhantom, otakuryoga, Count Dingdong)
    Sabeki must vote to avoid autolynch. So do I, but I'll be doing so in this post. So... make Murska have 3 votes on him.

Duck confirms wolf=hacker.

Day 3, the present. Day 1, Murska moves off a wolf near the end of day when his vote could have made a difference. He doesn't move to the competing bandwagon, but he *does* move. A bit suspicious. Day 2, Murska starts a bandwagon that becomes the counter-bandwagon to a wolf. Horribly suspicious? No. But his last post of the day questions the Yaropolk wagon, and his words do normally hold weight. More suspicious than many other people, and his lynch could well be informative. I'm going to add my vote to Murska for now to make this a proper bandwagon. We'll see how day goes from there.
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-06-24 at 01:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Spoiler: @Wolfbane
    Show

No, Mordokai's response was appropriate.

Translates to: Murska tends to be fairly honest and upfront about things.
    To which Mordokai responded: Murska does not tend to be fairly honest and upfront about things.

Now, if you had said "Murska is fairly honest and upfront about things," "no he isn't" would be better.

But I digress.
    Thanks for your support comrade

If this forum had Likes, you'd get one now.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Eh.

I'm a Town PR called 'Scrambler' whose power is to scramble the action of the player I target so it hits a random target.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luizeu View Post
    Well, the full text is there, just crossed.
    What's your suggestion?
    Each vote change in a different post? fine by me
    That's the standard; you make a new vote so it's implied your old one is invalid, or you make a comment about withdrawing your current vote. To do otherwise is anti-town and decent grounds for lynching.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Dingdong View Post
    Spoiler: Day 1 Vote Tally
    Show
    Visor - 5 (Jarema, RuneboundShade, otakuryoga, Internet Flea, Luizeu)
    Internet Flea - 5 (Penguinator, The Fiery Tower, Zar Peter, Yaropolk, Visor)
    Zar Peter - 3 (Zweisteine, Rain Dragon, Zack)

Please tell me if I have anyone's vote wrong.
    Visor voted for Zar Peter, and I think there was one other person voting Zar as well.

I don't like any of the current wagons. The Fiery Tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Because The Fiery Tower's been really quiet and I don't like either of his two posts.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2014-06-24 at 01:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

18. - Top - End - #198
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

...you would be correct about Visor voting for Zar Peter, not for you, and I really don't know how I made that mistake. Fixing that post now. That changes analysis by making Zar look a bit better. Luizeu still looks as good, as does Internet Flea. Both counter-wagons are still suspect, but without any late-day push, it seems wolves didn't try much to save Visor.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    That's the standard; you make a new vote so it's implied your old one is invalid, or you make a comment about withdrawing your current vote. To do otherwise is anti-town and decent grounds for lynching.

Visor voted for Zar Peter, and I think there was one other person voting Zar as well.

I don't like any of the current wagons. The Fiery Tower.

- - - Updated - - -

Because The Fiery Tower's been really quiet and I don't like either of his two posts.

Well, I apologize for being quiet, but I didn't really have much time after the post and subsequent conversation with ATPG, considering I was attending my sister's wedding and visiting family/friends afterward. I was intending to switch my vote before my flight the next day, but that ended up not happening because of timing of getting to the flight (That's why I said for now in my first post). I just got to a place where I could do more then vote, if that.

Off of voting patterns, I'd say Penguinator looks the most suspicious. He was off the wolf vote both games on the second highest bandwagon both days. I'm not sure about murska, because zack did do a very scummy thing day 1 and I can see someone tunneling on that, but the amount he pushed it over yaro yesterday does make him suspicious.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-06-25 at 10:24 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Off of voting patterns, I'd say Penguinator looks the most suspicious. He was off the wolf vote both games on the second highest bandwagon both days. I'm not sure about murska, because zack did do a very scummy thing day 1 and I can see someone tunneling on that, but the amount he pushed it over yaro yesterday does make him suspicious.
    You'll notice that both times, I made a vote, then left it the rest of the day. I will admit, I've barely been paying any attention. Why? Well, for day one, I'm all for lax first days. Yesterday, I've been frustrated here lately, so I've been keeping my distance. That, and all the energy I have to spare goes to Typical.

Frankly, if a wolf wanted a wagon day one, they could have voted for... literally anybody with a single vote on them, and it would have been a better choice than going for IF. Purely a numbers matter. If a villager has a single vote from someone who is not a wolf, then wolves can pile on with their full force. If the first voter is also a wolf, there's less force involved. Doesn't prove anything, but there's logic for you.

If you'd like a comparison, I didn't vote for two of the three wolves on the first days in Middle Earth, and I'm a villager there.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, you haven't exactly been hitting them out of the park, either, TFT. You were right there with me on IF on day one, and you didn't vote yesterday.

In fact, the only person who hit both is Jarema. Plenty of people haven't voted for either. I don't think that voting record at this stage is the be-all end-all.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2014-06-25 at 06:26 AM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

I want to bring this up again. It appears that Visor and Yaropolk were NOT team members, so keep that in mind for your analyses. I want to bring this up again. It appears that Visor and Yaropolk were NOT team members, so keep that in mind for your analyses.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Visor was lynched. He was the Interceptor, a wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Yaropolk was killed, he was a member of the ISA, and a secret agent, a hacker.

22. - Top - End - #202

Duck has explicitly said that hacker=wolf. He also said "wolf" is just this forums catch-all term for "hidden informed minority enemy team," the way "scum" is used in other forums.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Zack
    Guest in the Playground

I missed his response, my bad.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

On the upside, we caught the fake Mason/Alpha and RB days 1 and 2. All that leaves are the devil, Silencer, vortexer, and Beast. And of those four, I'd guess that in a game this size, we have a Devil, definitely, maybe not a silencer, possible a vortexer, and probably not a Beast.

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Frankly, if a wolf wanted a wagon day one, they could have voted for... literally anybody with a single vote on them, and it would have been a better choice than going for IF. Purely a numbers matter. If a villager has a single vote from someone who is not a wolf, then wolves can pile on with their full force. If the first voter is also a wolf, there's less force involved. Doesn't prove anything, but there's logic for you.
    Well, I never said that the wolves were intentionally trying to lynch Flea, all I said is that it's suspicious that you were off wagon both days, though in retrospect it is true that it would be weird for wolves to push a wagon that had wolves voting early on it. I was literally just going off voting patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator;17677201
    Of course, you haven't exactly been hitting them out of the park, either, [COLOR="#FF0000"
    TFT[/COLOR]. You were right there with me on IF on day one, and you didn't vote yesterday.
    I was attending my sister's wedding and visiting family/friends afterward. I was intending to switch my vote before my flight the next day, but that ended up not happening because of timing of getting to the flight (That's why I said for now in my first post).
    I don't mind if you find me suspicious, but at least you can vote for me for reasons that aren't something I already explained the post before . Maybe I should have had a photo of the wedding in there...
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I don't mind if you find me suspicious, but at least you can vote for me for reasons that aren't something I already explained the post before . Maybe I should have had a photo of the wedding in there...
    There's not much to find suspicious in three or four posts.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Jarema
    Guest in the Playground

After reading your analyses I will vote for Murska

28. - Top - End - #208
    Bugbear in the Playground

I stay with my point at Murska. Basicly the same reasons as yesterday, I don't think the logic was sound.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Murska has role-claimed, so I'll go for The Fiery Tower to make sure it's not a runaway day.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

I also dislike runaway days, therefore shall add my voice to The Fiery Tower wagon.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns