New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Vampire: N4tS Hard Rain- Jurou

It's been three weeks since the city flooded. You've managed to relocate your few possessions into a small cemetery East of downtown.
    The place is less comfortable than you'd like, but the view is nice.

You begin play with (1d10+2)[6] blood points.

Your mentor mentioned something about Calgary being one of the places where honor is still highly regarded. The Sheriff apparently had a lot to do with that.
    Recently, he has gone missing. The Kindred of the city still behave, waiting on his return, but you know that will not last in a "Modern" society.
    "You want to see how a Human dies? at ramming speed."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Vampire: N4tS Hard Rain- Jurou

Jurou rolled his fingers on the handle of his katana, sitting in a birdlike crouch atop one of the crypts on high ground. There wasn't much to see, out there, but there had to be something more to do. First, however, he needed to feed. No good sense in trying to run hungry, especially given the need to stay concealed before going anywhere.

The gargoyle clambered down from his stoop, spread his wings, and raced forward to get the proper lift to take to the air. Wings out, he felt the usual pit in his stomach as the surface of his body warped and changed into the night sky. Once airborne, he began to scan for a suitable meal.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spending 1 blood (new total, 5) to activate Skin of the Chameleon. It's not perfect camo in flight, but it makes a decent facsimile of the night sky. Not sure how you prefer to handle feeding, but he's now on the hunt! Sorry for both the short post (feeling things out) and it taking a few days (I wasn't logged in and didn't realize it, so I didn't get a message notification).

3. - Top - End - #3

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hunting can either be roleplayed or rolled for. If you roll for, each success is 1 BP. It's assuming difficulty 6, straight Survival roll, and takes one hour of your night. Difficulty increases by one each time you roll in the same area without playing it out. Spending on Chameleon skin was a good idea.

You take flight from your perch on Cemetery road, and make for somewhere with...livelier occupants. You could hit downtown, go for a late night cyclist or jogger on Memorial, or try for something more residential. You're aware there's other Kindred about, but they've not exactly given you a map on where you can and cannot feed.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Well, I don't have enough Survival to gamble on, and RP is more fun. LET'S DO THIS! EATING PEOPLE! WHOO!

Jurou banked in the air, angling towards Memorial Park, eyes peeled for a late-night athlete, preferably one on foot rather than anything faster than he could run or glide. Once he found someone, he planned to pursue them, airborne, until they passed through an area dark enough to avoid being seen. After that, a flying tackle to break camo and biting down should do the trick.

5. - Top - End - #5

OldWizardGuy

The up side to flying around at night with chameleon skin is that it's practically impossible to spot you. The down side, of course, is that tailing a specific person is difficult.
    (1d10)[6]
    You do find a pair out for a jog. One male, one female. Caucasian, about 25-32 by the look. They're unarmed, aside from looking very fit.

After about a half hour of scoping out other target possibilities, that one looks about the best you'll get. They are looping back towards where they started this nighttime cardio, so you'll have one opportunity unless you'd like to pass on it, and try for another.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Taking only one is something I am not equipped to deal with, and rendering them both unconscious without either seeing me will be practically impossible. They will have to die... or I will have to look elsewhere. Yes, their blood would be enough to almost completely fill him, and given his need to empower his camouflage so frequently, taking a small amount was impractical, and essentially made a light feeding a waste of time and effort, so death was a given in most of these situations.

But Kine are cattle to the Kindred mind, even more so to one with Jurou's morals, and the death of two who happen to be fit and middle-class carried no more or less meaning than two that are homeless, or infirm. It would be them.

This knowledge in mind, Jurou continued orbiting the couple for another few moments, and finally broke course, unsheathing his katana and swooping down, perpendicular to their path. He slashed at the woman's back as he passed her, landed, and turned to face both, prepared to cut these kine down to have a proper meal, his monstrous visage revealed.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

To attack the woman, Dex+Melee-Armor: (8d10)[4][7][10][7][3][4][9][2](46) Successes: 5 (assuming no form of active defense)
    Minimum damage dice, Str+2: (4d10)[5][3][10][10](28) Successes: 4
    Possible bonus damage dice from attack roll: (7d10)[7][9][7][1][7][5][1](37) Successes: Up to 3 (not enough successes on raw attack to get that last one in this list)
    Last edited by Jimmy_Whisper; 2014-06-06 at 04:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

OldWizardGuy

You dive down and bisect the woman with a single motion. Her body starts falling before her partner has even noticed. A perfect strike.
    (1d10+3)[5]

Give me initiative.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d10+7)[16] I can't actually lose, so I'll go ahead and declare my action: Attack the man with my katana, forgoing a chance to defend myself if the attack should fail to fell the target, and this guy has the stones to punch a gargoyle. By the way, glad you're back, Acanous, and I hope you're doing well.
    Attack Roll: (8d10)[6][3][10][8][7][4][10][4](52) Successes: 7
    Base Damage Roll: (4d10)[9][9][10][10](38) Successes: 6
    Potential Extra Damage: (7d10)[10][7][8][7][8][3][5](48) Successes: 6

Going out on a limb, here, but I think this fella's probably not gonna hit me back.

Jurou dashed forward, lifting the blade high and bringing it down towards the second mortal, utterly sure in the skill of his blow.
    Last edited by Jimmy_Whisper; 2014-06-17 at 08:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

OldWizardGuy

The whisper of steel silences any scream your opponent may have tried to make, if he even noticed she was dead before the light went out in his eyes. Your landing is perfect, and your form practiced.
    You've got two bodies, cut clean by your blade, bleeding out into the street.
    How much blood will you be taking?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jurou stood straight, wiping the blood from his blade on the clothing of his victims, and sheathing it again. Thank you, for your sacrifice. He murmured prayers for the dead while he dragged them away from the light of streetlamps and the immediate sight of any mortal that might happen by.

Once adequately away from immediate detection, he sunk his teeth into the woman's lifeless corpse, and began to drink. When she was fully exsanguinated, he did the same to her partner, drinking the body dry. Withdrawing his fangs, ending the meal, he ran a tongue along the bite wounds and watched them fade away.

Couple murdered and drained of blood. The papers would say something to that tune --although probably with greater wit-- if he left them here, but there was not much to do otherwise. The Masquerade was the problem of the Camarilla, anyway.

Running from the site of the murder, Jurou took to the air again, and recreated the night sky on his skin. Climbing high so that he wouldn't fall victim to being seen as a silhouette against the skyscrapers, the gargoyle turned towards where he'd been told there may be work.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Completely draining the bodies, which is about 10bp, I think? May have lost some vitae value in the attack, I guess. Spending 1 to activate Skin again. Who are the most influential Kindred I'm vaguely aware of how to find?

11. - Top - End - #11

OldWizardGuy

You drink your fill, the bodies lying bloodless and in pieces. A bloody trail leads from the site of the attack to the dumping grounds- maybe someone can pass the lack off as natural.

Spoiler
    Show
    Neil is the Tremere primogen and makes no secret of it. You'd know he and his ilk have claimed most of the northwest, and weather you'd like to avoid it or go do something about it, there it is.
    Aside from that, you've got your mentor, and the general knowledge that "Street level" night clubs, bars, and pubs are frequented by Anarchs. Of course, you also have the benefit of flight, so you can quite possibly just spot a Nosferatu feeding in an alley and ask some questions.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Goin' full OoC, here. I think looking for a Nos would be best, since Jurou might get some sympathy points for being another pureblood ugly. Don't know if I should roll for that or if we can RP the search.

13. - Top - End - #13

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    First, I'm going to roll a luck die, then I'll write up a new scene and we can RP from there.
    Luck die don't actually generate scenes, but it gives me an idea of what, going on in your area, would be the first thing you stumble across ;)
    You'll sometimes catch me at it in this or other threads. Currently there are three scenes taking place in the downtown core on the same day.

I get the impression that a botch on this roll would be very bad... for a certain Camarilla player. (1d10)[10]

Edit: And then you go and get a crit.

You soar towards the downtown core, the ripple of office and street lights through your chameleon skin the only indication of your presence. As you carefully navigate the tower system, you spy a rather misshapen man, covered in matted hair and clothed in soiled rags. He has a protruding jaw and overlarge forehead, noticeable underbite and bulbous nose. He's riding in a wheelchair, and making his way out of a self-storage facility. Despite his looks, he's locking up the storage bay, not breaking in.

There's a good chance he's what you're looking for.
    Last edited by Acanous; 2014-06-21 at 12:18 AM.