New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Crash Landing: A Minecraft FTB HQM Modpack/Map

Man that is a load of abbreviations up there.

AKA: Where I have gone for these past few weeks.

So, Jadedcat made Agrarian Skies, and everyone loved it, me included. The HQM mod was and is amazing. And yet, no one else stepped up and really did anything else with it.And I got to thinking. almost every modpack I've seen tries to increases difficulty by fiddling with hunger. And that is all well and good and everything, but in the end just not enough. You have food, but what about water?

So I sat, and thought and came up with my own idea. I then spent a few weeks smacking it into shape, and well, here we are. The premise is that you have crash landed on an unfriendly planet. The atmosphere is breathable...and that is about it. No water, no food, and no resources.

I'm still working on quests (and reward bags, oi) and balance, but the map is now very playable. Tier 1 quests are done, for the most part and you can survive and grow and prosper.

I will be introducing more quests, including rewarding exploration. There will be a story. As such, and unlike Agrarian Skies, my modpack is not well suited to massive multiplayer servers. Teams of 2 to 3 will work, more than that and my map will probably break.

Anyway, at this point I need more test subjects, er map testers to help go through and tell me where I have screwed up and what I can do to improve the experience. The map is a bit punishing, especially in the beginning, but the quests I have should walk you through basic survival well enough and introduce everything you need to survive, especially is you have dealt with Agrarian Skies.

If you want to know more, go here which is the official thread on FTB.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crash Landing: A Minecraft FTB HQM Modpack/Map

So started trying it, and my first question is, what I am supposed to do when night comes around? My first world I just got slaughtered my monsters as soon as night came around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    So started trying it, and my first question is, what I am supposed to do when night comes around? My first world I just got slaughtered my monsters as soon as night came around.
    Hide. You have a needlegun in the chest for limited defense. Dig up some dust, put up walls, shoot any spiders that climb your walls. Get wood production quickly, make better walls and roofs.

This map is designed to be really, really hard in the beginning. There is a replacement download of the map if you need it. Here.
    My youtube channel, featuring LPs of Minecraft and various other indie games: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa98B36NhE0lWNEn3lGc86Q

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

how do you stay cool keep dying of heat and cold water runs out fast

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Exclamation Re: Crash Landing: A Minecraft FTB HQM Modpack/Map

Hello, I have a problem with loading this modpack. Sorry if this is in the wrong forums, but i believe here would be best to awnser, since you are the maker.

It downloads the 53406Kb, but when it finishes it says "error loading modpack!!!".

Logging in...
    Beginning authlib authentication attempt
    successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
    Login complete.
    CrashLanding
    Modpack is out of date.
    Downloading Mod Pack
    Local: B6C6AFCFA968F534AAAE2530DCD037DB
    Remote: 84127A9894181F9ACDAE17F4FE39BD70
    Error downloading modpack!!!

this is the log that came up when i downloaded it from the console. so if there is a fix to this, notify me
    i would like to play, i was a big fan of blood n' bones

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

is there any other way to get the mod pack