New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Diplomacy PBPM - Concert of Europe

Russia declares war on Austria!

Foreign Minster Viktor Davidovich had a statement: "We have tried on many occasions to reason with the Austrians, but they persist at invading our territory. We told them Ukraine was sovereign Russian territory that was not to be violated. They were also told seizing it would be an act of war. It is with a heavy heart that I send our brave soldiers to war with our neighbors."

Outer Mongolia finally taken!
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

War with France

Admiral Date reported that he had pursued a band of French Pirates all the way to within sight of Borneo but could not act to capture them as long they were within French territory. According to an official report, Admiral Date was given leave to enter Borneo after the French agreement to take Vietnam from the Chinese fell through. Prime Minster Gurei was quoted, "We had arranged to protect the French territories in the Pacific but that deal was contingent upon their aid in our war with China. The honorless French made a pact and then broke it. After that, I gave the Admiral permission to do what he had to in order to deal with these pirates. I didn't think he'd actually conquer Borneo, but I like his initiative. Good for him."

Succesful deployment of Ninja-Marine in Canton

The rumored Ninja-Marine is rumor no more. The 1st Imperial Ninja-Marine was deployed in an amphibious landing in Canton this past month. Russian forces were deployed to assist the landing, but were cut off by Chinese forces. Seaman Oni, one of the first of the Japanese naval forces to arrive in Canton seemed unhappy to be leaving. "It's great," he said. "We raided the kitchens of this Chinese General Tso guy and took his chicken. Really good stuff. But I'll miss the night life even more. There's just so many Chinese women... I mean... wow. Now the stupid ninja-marine land, don't even have to fight, and we get shipped off. Bummer."
    Last edited by Illuminaughty; 2007-04-04 at 09:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Retreats:

Austria: A Vie-Klu
    France: A Bre-Gas
    Germany: A Bur-Bel

Map will be updated later today.

The Prince Caspian

Austrian Emperor Murdered by Anarchists!

Gygaxphobia informed me earlier today that he did not want to continue with the game. I doubt I could find anybody terribly willing to take up Austria's position right now. I'll leave it up to a vote this time as to what you'd like me to do about it. The options are:

1) Hold orders
    2) Supported hold orders
    3) Just take it over (including possibly coordinating with other powers *cough* Turkey)

You can only vote once. Send me a PM to vote about it.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

it's unclear to me what the "just-take-it-over" option is

5. - Top - End - #155

I assume that it would mean to disband all the Austrian armies and who ever gets there gets it.

6. - Top - End - #156

I thought it meant Moody would "NPC" it, which I'm against...
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

7. - Top - End - #157

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thewamp View Post
    I thought it meant Moody would "NPC" it, which I'm against...
    To clarify, option 3 would mean that I "NPC" it. Basically, I'd try to do what Gygax would have done. Since you all are the players, I am leaving the decision up to you, but I request that you don't vote simply based on self-interest. Don't look at continuing to have Austria submit moves as unfair to his enemies, look at having Austria drop out as unfair to his allies.

I'm also going to introduce a crazy fourth option suggested by Melchizedek, with a slight change:

4) Each turn, each power submits one order for one Austrian unit. For each unit, that move is taken that received the most orders. If a set of orders is tied, the unit holds. Example: Two powers order A Rum S A Arm-Sev, but another two powers order A Rum-Bul, so A Rum ends up holding. One power orders A Klu-Ser and nobody else gives A Klu an order, so that one is taken. (That only accounts for five powers, but oh well, it needn't be comprehensive, it's just an example).

I'm not sure how I'd vote on that one if I were playing in the game, but since Melchizedek suggested it, it can't hurt to throw it out there.

So now the choices are:

1) Hold orders
    2) Supported hold orders
    3) Have the GM play it in the spirit of Gygax
    4) Crazy fourth option

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

8. - Top - End - #158

BlueKnightGuy

Also, if you're unsure about if you can build, be unsure no more!

Turkey gets no builds.
    England holds steady.
    Russia gets 3 builds.
    Austria's got nothing.
    France must disband 2.
    India gets zippo builds.
    China must disband 1.

Japan gets 1 build.
    Italy gets 2 builds.
    Germany gets 1 build.

Also, admire my acrostic poem skills.

-Albert Einstein

9. - Top - End - #159

BlueKnightGuy

If you were wondering, a TERAFIC JIG is the little dance you do when you get out of your car because you're in really bad stopped traffic and need to stretch your legs.

The Swiss Miss

International News and World Report Rankings - Top Ten Powers!

1. Russia (12)
    2. India (10)
    3. Italy (9)
    4. Japan (8)
    5. England (7)
    5. Germany (7)
    7. France (6)
    7. Turkey (6)
    9. Austria (5)
    10. China (2)

If someone wants to do a creative write-up of this, rather than just the facts, I'd love to see that happen, since it's your game. If nobody feels like doing it, I'll come up with one later.

-Albert Einstein

10. - Top - End - #160

BlueKnightGuy

STOP THE PRESSES

Strategos, a player in the newly-formed Bismarck's Gambit game, just told me he's been following the Concert of Europe for a while and would gladly step in as Austria. I will give him the go-ahead to do so if nobody expresses violent but articulate opposition by the Friday builds deadline.

-Albert Einstein

11. - Top - End - #161

India welcomes rulership, despising anarchy and chaos else where. Austria may have him rise to the throne.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground

Turkey is fine with a new ruler in Austria... no really... really, really fine with that...
    GM of Ancient Battles: A homebrew warfare game based on Testament

Kudur - The Bronze Age: A campaign setting using "D20 Fantasy" rules.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

strategos is a good man. i wouldn't have had him in my game if i thought otherwise.

14. - Top - End - #164

That's the best solution of all. I say go for it.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

15. - Top - End - #165

BlueKnightGuy

Start the Presses Again!

Seriously, guys, are you all too busy for press these days or are you just uninspired? You can't let The Swiss Miss be the world's only source of (mis)information!

-Albert Einstein

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

World Cartographer's Conference descends into chaos!

1. Russia (12) - A bout of border militarization by the Tsar has led Russia back to its position as the largest empire in the world. Although it has not gained as much new territory as others, it has doubled in size since 1901.

2. India (10) - Praised by some as a leader in anticolonialism, the Indians have captured seven new supply centers since 1901, more than doubling in size.

3. Italy (9) - Despite Austria and Turkey's attempts to shrink the Italian Empire, its holdings in the Balkans continue to expand. When asked about Mediterranean setbacks, the Italians told us it was temporary. They are still holding at three times their original size.

4. Japan (8) - With his ally Russia, Prime Minister Bishoppu has led his countrymen to great victory in the Pacific and China. When asked about his campaign, he said his greatest conquest was General Tso's chicken recipes. At almost triple its original holdings, Japan has become a significant player in world affairs.

5. England (7) - Showing great tenacity in Southeast Asia and expanding into Scandinavia has put England solidly in the middle of the pack. Recent acquisition of Brest has given them a European continental foothold.

5. Germany (7) - Still holding strong in its war with France, Germany is poised to march into Paris. "The French are on a path to extinction anyway," said the Kaiser. "We're just here to toughen them up, make sure they can survive a real war."

7. France (6) - The French Empire has been shrinking fairly rapidly, losing 1/4 of its holdings this year alone. No one responded to press inquiries.

7. Turkey (6) - Recent acquisition of Pentopolis merely offset the loss of Baghdad to the Indians. Turkey holds steady at twice its 1901 holdings.

9. Austria (5) - Political turmoil and anarchic military power structures have led to an oddly-shaped Austrian empire. Austria and Italy seem content in trading home supply centers. To what end, no one can really tell.

10. China (2) - This year signals the end for the Chinese empire. The Chinese people will be safe in the hands of the Russians and Japanese, but the safety of its ruling elite and culture cannot be ensured.
    Last edited by viggo; 2007-04-05 at 03:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

French Foreign Legion In Dire Straits

"It just goes to show what happens when you trust those slippery Asians" said the commander of the French Foreign Legion. "Both the Japanese and the Indians professed friendship and support for France ... and both attacked us when our back was turned. It's a good thing we have the Maginot line in France to protect us.

French Homeland in Dire Straits

"Although the vaunted Maginot Line has repelled the German invaders, our coast has been attacked by the treacherous English, coming across the dire straits from their island homeland. Fear not, la republique, we will stand firm" said the French president.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chief Councilor Jhong Mingyu Announces Temporary Holiday
    Chief Councilor Jhong Mingyu announced today that he will be at his estate in Vietnam until next season. He will sort things out with his command staff before leaving, but come tomorrow morning his ability to receive and respond to messages may be greatly impaired.

((OOC: Easter's at my grandparent's house this year. I might be able to get onto the internet, but I also might not. I'll be back late Tuesday evening, too late to do anything but sleep at that point.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

19. - Top - End - #169

BlueKnightGuy

Oops.

So, India does get a build, but I said he didn't, so I'm going to extend the deadline to 10:00 tonight for builds.

-Albert Einstein

20. - Top - End - #170

BlueKnightGuy

Alright, you can figure out what was built/disbanded by comparing maps.

Spring 1904 orders due Tuesday, 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4).

Last edited by Moody the Wise; 2007-04-08 at 02:33 PM. Reason: I suck.

-Albert Einstein

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Russia declares ceasefire with Austria!

"We are glad to report that the new Austrian Prinz and his foreign minister have proven most reasonable. It turns out the incursion into the Ukraine was a rogue general looking for grain for his men. We expect this border clash to end soon.

The Turks have lost their main ally, and with Indian troops pressing their borders, we do not think they have the capacity to continue pressing their war on our great nation. We give them until the end of the season to approach us with apology and offers of restitution for our poor displaced nationals. If they do not come to us, it is unfortunate that we must continue our war against them."
    Last edited by viggo; 2007-04-08 at 04:39 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

BlueKnightGuy

So, apparently I'm really slipping. Please note the recently updated map which now correctly reflects Austria's units. Also, I didn't announce if on Friday, but Strategos is officially playing Austria.

-Albert Einstein

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nasty syphilis outbreak in German Expeditionary Force, Bohemia!

24. - Top - End - #174

Treacherous Austrian Invasion Soon to be Repelled By Bold Naval Action

Admiral Da Zara of naval command expresses confidence that homeland will soon be recovered. Questioned about the impending loss of Yemen, he insists that Europe must be his priority.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

25. - Top - End - #175

BlueKnightGuy

Orders for Spring 1904 should be due in an hour, but since I forgot to give you guys a 24 hour warning, I'll extend until 10:00 PM EST tomorrow. I don't yet have everybody's orders, but if I get them all between 10:00 tonight and 10:00 tomorrow night, I'll post them as soon as possible thereafter, so as to lose as little time as possible.

-Albert Einstein

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Russia declares war on God!

Scientists attempt to discover ways to fire rifles at 90 degrees to reality

27. - Top - End - #177

BlueKnightGuy

Spring 1904

France:
    A cam-tha (Failed 2:1 to Joh-Tha.)
    F mao-bre
    A Par supports mao-bre (Support cut by Pic-Par.)
    A Gas supports mao-bre
    A mar-bur (Failed 3:1 to Mun-Bur.)
    A spa-por

China:
    All units hold (not an NMR)
    F Vtn holds (Dislodged from Ann 2:1)
    A Han holds (Dislodged from Pek 2:1)

Japan:
    F sch -> cel
    F sik Supports F ann -> vtn
    F kyo -> soj
    F ecs -> sch
    F cel -> tim
    A can Supports A pek -> han
    F bor Supports F mal -> gos
    F ann -> vtn

Turkey:
    A Ank - Smy
    A Arm - Syr
    F Con - Aeg
    A Bul dances with the devil in the pale moonlight (Illegal order; Hold order assigned)
    F Pen - Egy (nc) (Bounced 2:2 with Egy.)
    F Eas S F Pen - Egy (nc)

Germany:
    A boh S A kie - mun
    A kie - mun
    A mun - bur
    A ruh S A mun - bur
    A bel S A mun - bur
    A pic - par (Bounced 1:1 with Paris)
    F den - kie

England:
    F Nat-Mao
    F Eng S Nat-Mao
    F Bre-Gas (Bounced 1:1 with A Gas. Dislodged 2:1 from Mao. Cannot retreat; unit destroyed.)
    F Nrg-Nat
    F Sai S Sch-Gos (Failed. Does not match order given.)
    F Eio-Jav
    F Wal H

India:
    A inn hold (Dislodged from Omo 2:1)
    A ira-arm
    A bag S A ira-arm
    F ara-yem
    F som-wio
    F mad-eio
    F mal-gos
    A tha-lao
    A joh-tha
    F brm S A joh-tha
    Have a nice day~~ (Illegal order; Sentiment appreciated; Get out of jail free card granted.)

Austria:
    A ukr - gal (Bounced 1:1 with A War-Gal)
    F nap - apu
    A klu - vie
    A bud S A klu -vie (Bounced 2:2 with A Vie)
    A rum - ser

Russia:
    f gob -> swe
    a war -> gal (Bounced 1:1 with Ukr-Gal)
    a sev S a ira -> arm
    a oms -> tur
    a omo -> inn
    a sin S a omo -> inn
    a vla -> sib
    a pek -> han
    f yel -> man
    a stp -> lvn

Italy:
    F Mag holds
    A Vie holds
    A Tyr S A Vie
    A Ven-Tri
    F Rom-Nap
    F Tys S F Rom-Nap
    F Red-Sue
    F Egy(nc) holds
    A Sud S F Egy(nc)
    Last edited by Moody the Wise; 2007-04-11 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Typographical error - Not only is there no A Eth, it couldn't support Egypt anyway - corrected to A Sud

-Albert Einstein

28. - Top - End - #178

BlueKnightGuy

Retreats:

China:
    A Han can retreat to Kan
    F Vtn can retreat to Got

India:
    A Inn can retreat to Kan, Pek

Retreats due by Thursday, 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4) unless someone absolutely needs those extra 24 hours back.
    Last edited by Moody the Wise; 2007-04-11 at 09:40 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

-Albert Einstein

29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground

China Toppled! Emperor escapes to Gulf of Tonkin!
    A mighty blow was dealt to the forces of decency and civilization today when the Chinese Empire was brought down in mortal combat with its ancient enemies of Japan and Russia. Escaping just in time to the Gulf of Tonkin on a small boat, the Emperor of China lamented the end of China as a great power. Even now, as this brave reporter writes this dispatch, the Russian army closes in on the remaining areas of Han Province. More to follow...
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Emperor Muller: Please disband your troops!

The safety and security of your people and their culture will be secure if your troops just disband. Don't continue this senseless fight - it can only lead to more bloodshed and further reprisals against your civilian population. The generals are fairly insistent on this point, and there is little I can do to cow them.

Sincerely,

Foreign Minister Viktor Davidovich
    Last edited by viggo; 2007-04-12 at 01:16 AM.