New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Diplomacy PBPM - Concert of Europe

French President Ku Offers New Post to Emperor Muller

"It is clear that with the name of Ku, I was fated to rule the troops of China, and you were fated to rule the troops of France. I hereby offer to resign my post as President of La Republique to allow you to escape the ignominy of total destruction as China."

"As for me, I wish to retire to the island of Elba to consume Borneo eels."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

British Warn Emperor Muller Against French Offer
    "The French Emperor is trying to pass his failings off to you. He recognizes that his empire is on the edge of a major collapse and is hoping to put the blame on you. Do you really want to be know as the emperor who lost two empires? Ignore the French offer. Let the French nation die in peace."
    My Characters:
    Henning Baer: Forest of Friedland

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

OOC: This is For Real

I do want to step out of the game, as soon as someone will replace me.
    Real life is making too many demands.
    Last edited by KuH; 2007-04-13 at 08:15 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ah, no thanks.
    Emperor Muller has no plans to take over control of France. At this point, he is planning a quiet retirement to Manchuria.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Very sorry about these being late. If anyone wants one, I'll give an extension, but these retreats aren't terrible earth-shattering, so I imagine you'll all be fine. By the way, I do from time to time forget things, so don't feel bad about bugging me. I'd much rather somebody send me a PM at 10:01 on the deadline day asking me where the *heck* the map is than have nobody say anything and it end up being two days late.

Retreats:

China:
    A han disbands
    F vtn retreats to got

India:
    A Inn-Kan

Unless otherwise noted in a later post, Fall 1904 orders still due by 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4) Tuesday.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

6. - Top - End - #186

BlueKnightGuy

Less than 24 hour warning: Fall 1904 orders due by 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4) TONIGHT. That's about 12 hours. I can extend the deadline by 12 hours if absolutely necessary, but I'd rather everyone just get the orders in tonight, since we've (maybe) got retreats and (almost certainly) got builds to take care of this week.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

7. - Top - End - #187

BlueKnightGuy

Fall 1904 Orders:

Italy:
    Tys-Ion
    N Nap S Tys-Ion
    Tyr - Ven
    A Tri S Vie
    A Vie S Tri
    Sud - Fez
    N Egy S Sue
    N Sue S Egy
    Mag - Dan

Austria:
    A klu - vie
    A bud S A klu - vie
    F apu - adr
    A ukr - rum
    A ser holds

France:
    A Cam - Sai
    A Gas - Bur
    A Mar supports Gas - Bur
    F Bre - Pic
    A Par - Pic
    A Por - Spa

Germany:
    A bur - gas
    A pic - par
    A bel S A ruh - bur
    A ruh - bur
    A mun - sax
    A boh S A klu - vie
    A kie - den

India:
    A arm - Ira
    A bag S A arm- ira
    F yem hold
    F wio - ara
    F eio - jav
    A kan - han
    F gos S F sch -sai
    A tha - cam
    A lao S A tha - cam
    F brm - tha

Japan:
    F bor -> gos
    A can -> pek
    F cel -> mal
    F soj -> kor
    F sik Supports F vtn
    F sch Supports F bor -> gos
    F tim -> eio
    F vtn Supports F sik

England:
    F Mao-Mor
    F Nat-Mao
    F Eng S F Nat-Mao
    F jav S F tim - eio
    F sai S A cam

Russia:
    a war -> gal
    a tur hold
    f swe hold
    a sin -> tib
    a sib -> sin
    a sev -> arm
    a mos -> sev
    f man -> pek
    a lvn -> war
    a inn -> kan
    a han S a inn -> pek
    f bla hold

Turkey:
    A Syr - Jor
    F Aeg - Ion
    F Eas S F Aeg - Ion
    F Pen - Egy
    A Bul buys Turkey burgers from the local Sleven (Illegal order; hold order assigned)
    A Smy scouts the Turkish borders from a low-flying balloon painted to look like a flying saucer (Illegal order; hold order assigned)

I'm going to go ahead and not add in all the explanations of how orders worked out; I assume you can all figure that out by looking at the map and the orders. If anybody really wants me to, post about it and I'll edit accordingly.

Retreats due by 10:00 PM EST (GMT-4) Thursday, but I'll post as soon as they're all in.

Builds for Winter 1904 due by 10:00 PM EST Friday.

Retreats that are due:

Italy: A Vie
    India: F Eio, F Gos
    France: A Cam

-Albert Einstein

8. - Top - End - #188

BlueKnightGuy

Please read this and respond.

How do you guys all feel about replacing France? I feel like it's a marginal power at this point and that I might have a hard time finding anyone to do it, but I'll try if that's what everyone wants. Thoughts?

-Albert Einstein

9. - Top - End - #189

Umm... well obviously I'd prefer all units holding all the time...

Supported holds seem to make the most sense though.
    Last edited by thewamp; 2007-04-17 at 11:13 PM.
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

10. - Top - End - #190

Kaiser Wamp: "Wow, Uncoordination."
    In what has been called one of the biggest management blunders of German history, the Kaiser, issuing orders very late at night, got a bit visually dislexic and swapped two of the places.

{{Lesson, do not write orders late at night. I'm not saying which orders I screwed up, but I think it's rather obvious.}}
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Indian Army attempts march on Hankow!

"In an unfortunate turn of events, our friends the Indians decided it would be in their best interest to invade the newly-acquired province of Hankow. We are forced to march against them.

Thusly, the Russian Empire is now at war with the Indian menace. May God have mercy on their heathen souls."
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to say the same thing as thewamp. I have no problem with you not trying to find a replacement for France. He's not going to last long anyway.
    My Characters:

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

if i wasn't sitting so pretty i'd take it :)

14. - Top - End - #194

I won't be taking it, but I'd have no problems with that. Not that I have much influence left anyway...
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Russia remains steady at twelve supply centers. They gained one supply center in their war with China, but that gain was countered by the loss of Korea.

India takes a net gain of one supply center, leaving them with eleven. They picked up Cambodia and Yemen, but lost Java.

Japan gained two supply centers, giving them a total of ten. They picked up Vietnam and Korea and are poised to gain more in the near future.

The Italians lost ground, giving up Yemen and Vienna, but regained their home supply center in Naples. They were reduced to eight supply centers.

Also at eight supply centers are the British. Picking up Morocco and Java, but losing Brest, the British are now ready to begin an invasion of the French homeland.

Germany has had little luck breaking the French border and was unable to gain any supply centers this year. Their constant offensive also meant that they didn't lose any supply centers. Their units stand ready to break the French lines this year.

Turkey likewise did not gain any ground. Conflicts on several fronts have made it difficult for them to gain ground.

Austria remains steady at five supply centers. They lost Naples, but were able to reclaim Vienna. They need to start gaining ground soon, or they will go the way of the Chinese.

France dropped to five supply centers. They managed to reclaim Brest, but lost Morocco and Cambodia. With the loss of their southeast asian colonies, the combined British and German forces surrounding them, and the loss of their leader, they are likely to be the next country eleminated.

The London Times: "British Empire Not Yet Lost"
    Due to valiant efforts and excellent informants, the British government was able to make gains in Southeast Asia. They issued a statement saying, "Although the Indians may have chosen to rebell and attempt to dominate other nations in Asia, we are not willing to relinquish our claims. We will continue to fight for as long as possible." With the defeat of the French forces in the devastating Battle of Cambodia, the British forces will be the only remaining European troops in Southeast Asia. The onset of hostilities between Japan and India, however, might give British forces a chance to reclaim lost territories in the region.

"French on the Verge of Collapse"
    Although the French managed to reclaim Brest from the British, government officials feel confident that this will be the year when the French continent is breached. "We hope to see British and German forces swarming across France before the year is out," reports a government official. The abdication of President Ku might have something to do with their optimism.
    My Characters:

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, if you do want to have France actively played, I wouldn't mind riding their position down to the bitter end, fighting for every inch of ground, making the invaders of La Belle France pay dearly for her loss.
    Aelfwyn Trondheim from the Iron Cauldron campaign
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by me in SP-Studio, with help from The GIMP and Inkscape.

~~~~
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think we should just let France die.

18. - Top - End - #198

Italians Left Fuming

The Italian government is ruminating on the value of thirty pieces of silver in Deutchemarks after the treacherous and unprovoked attack on Italian sovereignty.

The foreign minister vowed not to take this insult lying down.
    Don’t date the sane ones, they’ll only make you crazy. Date the really insane ones but never let them know where you live or work.

19. - Top - End - #199

Germany defends decision to commit troops
    "Yesterday," said Kaiser Wamp, "the Italians issued complaint at the use of German troops in recovering Austrian territory for the Austrians. And they're accusing us of being invaders.

"I think the situation speaks for itself, but just to be clear: they were invading a neighbor and were on our border. Germany was concerned that the overly greedy Italians were planning an attack on German territory. Even if they weren't, we were justified in returning Austrian territory to Austrian control."

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

20. - Top - End - #200

BlueKnightGuy

India's fleets disbanded, so the did the French army in Cambodia, and Italy's army in Vienna retreated to Tyrolia.

Also, barring major objection (with some justification) I will let Suvarov454 take over the post of France.

Builds are due TOMORROW night by 10:00 PM EST(GMT-4). If you're not sure whether or not you have a build, COUNT. If you can't count, send me a PM, and I'll count for you. I will just mention that Italy must disband one unit.

-Albert Einstein

21. - Top - End - #201

BlueKnightGuy

I'll be catching a bus back home today, and I'll be at a folk festival almost all of tomorrow. I will be able to post builds later tonight and this won't interfere with the regular processing of the Spring turn on Tuesday. Just wanted to let everyone know because I'm usually so quick to respond and I wouldn't want anybody freaking out when I go dark for most of two days.

-Albert Einstein

22. - Top - End - #202

BlueKnightGuy

So I was wrong, it did interfere with things. Turns out my parents' computer is in very bad shape and I couldn't get it going Friday night. I'll post when I get back to school later tonight.

What does everyone want to do about the regularly scheduled Tuesday turn? I could extend it a day or two, skip the whole week, or just do it as normal. Three options, one vote - please give your feedback.

-Albert Einstein

23. - Top - End - #203

BlueKnightGuy

Spring 1905:

Pretty easy to tell what happened, so pardon me if I don't post the build orders. Please read my last few posts and respond about Tuesday.

-Albert Einstein

24. - Top - End - #204

The Peking Times

Emperor Muller Retires to Tibet!
    As a result of the fall of China, Emperor Muller has retired to neutral Tibet, in a secluded mini-palace well away from the path of Russian troops moving through.

No Sign of Chief Councilor!
    After reports that former Chief Councilor Jhong Mingyu has gone into hiding to escape possible Russian capture, no sign remains of the man who was once China's highest public official.

Peking Times Gets New Editor!
    The Peking Times would like to welcome to its staff its new editor in chief, Mr. Johng Mingyu. We believe that under his leadership, we shall continue to be a sterling example of unbiased news media, and continue to report on world events as they occur.

((Down, out, but not really out yet. I'll stick around, watch what happens, and write headlines about it.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

continue as normal

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

I agree. Continue as normal.
    My Characters:

27. - Top - End - #207

extending it 24 hours would be really awesome.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair

28. - Top - End - #208

Don't care really. I'll go with the majority. If I'm the tiebreaker, then I'll say continue as normal.

29. - Top - End - #209

BlueKnightGuy

Update:

Since thewamp has requested an additional 24 hours, and I was, after all, a whole 48 hours late, I'll grant the extension. Orders for Spring 1905 are now due Wednesday at the regular time. Retreat orders, since they always come in quickly anyway, will still be due Thursday as usual.

-Albert Einstein

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

My thanks to Moody the Wise (oh! so aptly named:) and to you all. I would be very, very pleased to be allowed to assume the role of the leader of the French people. I haven't heard many (any?) objections since I asked to join. Please speak up, if you disagree, but I'll start campaigning on behalf of France as if I had a right.
    Aelfwyn Trondheim from the Iron Cauldron campaign
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by me in SP-Studio, with help from The GIMP and Inkscape.

~~~~
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.