Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Crusader Kings II Succession Game 2: Electric Boogaloo

Sitting out this round of rolling.
    ithilanor on Steam.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

I'm trying to get better at StarCraft 2 (again), and I'm also playing Terraria again, so I think I'll sit this out.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Hm. How come the new queen didn't inherit Asturias?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Hm. How come the new queen didn't inherit Asturias?
    Maybe her mother is still queen.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Maybe her mother is still queen.
    Not for long, I would imagine (stab stab stab).
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like Cristo Meyers get to lead us this time!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Looks like Cristo Meyers get to lead us this time!
    And may God have mercy on our souls...

...erm...I mean...yeah! This'll be awesome! No worries, guys! I totally know what I'm doing!

I'll get started on Friday, first update before the end of the weekend.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2014-07-16 at 09:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

Early update!

Made a couple of mistakes, sorry, but other than that everything's pretty manageable so far...

...of course, now that I've said that...

I'll try and get at least one more update before the weekend's over.

Spoiler: A reckoning of events, by Cristobal the Scribe
    Show
    March the 10th, Year of Our Lord 1014

The Queen is dead, long live the Queen!

Daybreak brings the reign of Queen Ana of Navarra, may her reign be ever prosperous.

Spoiler
    Show

A new council is chosen immediately and the vacant position of Steward is filled.

Spoiler
    Show

The Count Gontzal has few other talents, but his stewardship is without peer. A small payment in appreciation for his consideration goes a long way to ensure his loyalty. He is immediately dispatched to Pamplona to further our studies.

The Queen Mother, the Queen of Asturias, has requested our aid against the vile Duke of Castille. The Queen does not hesitate. We will support our rightful allies.

Spoiler
    Show

Though it appears Asturias has the matter well in hand. The Duke’s men are already beaten and battered. Clearing out the rabble is only a matter of time.

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen of Asturias is in a very delicate position. She is well past childbearing age and her husband has long since gone to God. When she passes, the lands of Asturias will join with the lands of Navarra.

Spoiler
    Show

Rumors abound, but of course our Queen would not be so vile as to slay her own mother.

Other, more mundane, matters also require attention. The Queen’s eldest son, Diego, requires a tutor. He is a strong, patient lad, and God willing will be a great ruler for Navarra. He is already the chosen heir for the kingdom of Navarra.

Spoiler
    Show

Despite his infirmity, Nuno remains an excellent tutor for the royal child. There is, of course, a payment for his service…

Spoiler
    Show

In the tradition of the noblewomen of Basque lineage, Queen Ana has chosen to follow the path of the warrior. Though unfortunately she shows little talent for it.

The Queen gives marching orders to the standing force in Burgos to assist the Queen of Asturias. Though we expect the battle to be long over before they arrive. (Though mostly because I’m an idiot and didn’t check where the Duke had holdings…)

Spoiler
    Show

April the 15th, Year of Our Lord 1014

The Queen has immersed herself in her studies of the way of the warrior. She has stumbled upon some ancient texts of the heathen king Alexander the Great. Hopefully the ways of the past hold some new knowledge for Her Grace.

Spoiler
    Show

April the 16th, Year of Our Lord 1014

Spoiler
    Show

Perhaps the knowledge of the ancient Greeks held some use after all, the Queen has become much less wroth in her life.

June the 30th, Year of Our Lord 1014

While the summer passes, the Queen consolidates the lands of Navarra by creating three new duchies: Granada, Aragon, and Toledo.

These new titles are passed out to her most loyal vassals

September the 12th, Year of Our Lord 1014

Spoiler
    Show

With the creation of the Duchy of Granada, the Queen now has a De Jure claim to the county of Granada currently held in heathen hands. She has chosen to press that claim on behalf of the new Duke of Granada.

The men are called to arms, war has begun.

December the 23rd, Year of Our Lord 1014

News has reached us of a battle between our forces and the Moor in Qurtubah. The Moorish forces are outnumbered, and victory is all but assured. The new year brings news of the victory. The Queen’s forces begin their march to Granada itself.

Spoiler
    Show

January the 18th, Year of Our Lord 1015

Spoiler
    Show

The new year is not without tragedy. His Emminence the Pope Adeodatus III has passed.

January the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1015

Spoiler
    Show

In her zeal to follow in the footsteps of her warrior kinsmen, Queen Ana chose to engage some drunken peasantry while on her way to the castle.

Spoiler
    Show

If this simple scribe may be blunt, it did not go well. Though the Queen did not retaliate, despite her sometimes cruel nature.

February 11th, Year of Our Lord 1015

Spoiler
    Show

A messenger from Asturias brought both thanks and news. The rebellious Duke of Castille has been defeated. The Queen of Asturias of course sent her thanks for Navarra’s aid in the rebellion.

August the 23rd, Year of Our Lord 1015

Time has taken the life of Duke Fortun. In a…fortunate turn of events, this eliminated one of the most dangerous pretenders to the throne of Navarra. A new Marshal is appointed immediately: the King.

Spoiler
    Show

September the 13rd, Year of Our Lord 1015

Spoiler
    Show

The keep at Granada has fallen after a lengthy siege. Prisoners have been taken, but none of any import.

January the 5th, Year of Our Lord 1016

Spoiler
    Show

In a most…uncomfortable conversation that I can only assume is the result of too much New Year’s wine, the Queen has confided in me her desire to resist the temptations of the flesh in the new year.

On a more personal note, I believe I need the services of the Court Chaplain.

June the 27th, Year of Our Lord 1016

Spoiler
    Show

Victory! Granada has returned to Christian hands! (Once again, I’m an idiot and didn’t check the realm laws…)

July the 2nd, Year of Our Lord 1016

Spoiler
    Show

In honor of her victory in Granada, the Queen has gone on a Pilgrimage. May the trip bring her wisdom.

She has chosen to go to the East, towards Jerusalem.

Spoiler
    Show

September the 4th, Year of Our Lord 1016

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen has returned to us, whole and heathy! The tales of her travels and the sights of Jerusalem will surely be the talk of the court for weeks to come.

October the 17th, Year of Our Lord 1016

News has reached us that the Queen of Burgundy has declared a holy war for the lands of Barcelona. While the infidel is defending from our allies, the Queen has chosen to strike and claim the lands of Castille for Navarra.

Spoiler
    Show

June the 21st, Year of Our Lord 1017

Spoiler
    Show

The King has been petitioning for a fiefdom again. In a fit of pique, the Queen has denied him.

July the 21st, Year of Our Lord 1017

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen’s spies have learned that the infidel count of Granada is plotting to overthrow the rightful Duke of Granada. The Queen’s response is swift. Her men are dispatched to imprison him at once.

Spoiler
    Show

The men of Navarra rarely fail when set upon their quarry.

August the 8th, Year of Our Lord 1017

Spoiler
    Show

All is not well in the lands of Asturias. A rogue has declared war to claim the lands for himself. Time will tell what the Queen’s response will be.

August the 24th, Year of Our Lord 1017

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen has announced that she is with child.

…thankfully she announced if formally to the court, rather than privately to this loyal scribe…

September the 7th, Year of Our Lord 1017

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen of Asturias has asked for Navarra’s aid against the rogue that plagues Her lands. The Queen of course has no choice but to agree to lend Navarra’s men to the cause of Asturias.

October the 24th, Year of Our Lord 1017

Spoiler
    Show

The men of Navarra have fallen upon the rogue lord and struck a bloody blow. The tide is rapidly turning against this vagabond.

March the 23rd, Year of Our Lord 1018

Spoiler
    Show

Asturias is once again victorious with the aid of our soldiers. The rogue has been defeated and his host crushed. The Queen’s future as the rulers of Asturias is secure.

9. - Top - End - #279

Woo, a Strong heir. I'm glad I didn't screw up the gene pool too badly, what with the awful creature the last player had to deal with. What are the reigning Queen's stats like, and why are you not murdering your mother?
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

There's not really any need for murder in this case. She's old and a she, she'll never have another heir, and she seems to have already changed the succession law to make sure we inherit.

So long as she keeps calling us to war against threats to her throne, we'll get those kingdoms. No, this calls for the time-honored medieval tradition of sitting around waiting and hoping for the old people to die.
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2014-07-19 at 08:27 AM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

11. - Top - End - #281

Woo, a Strong heir. I'm glad I didn't screw up the gene pool too badly, what with the awful creature the last player had to deal with. What are the reigning Queen's stats like, and why are you not murdering your mother?
    Yeah, and Diego has actually been getting better. He's picked up Gregarious and Proud and his stats are shaping up quite nicely.

My stats, on the other hand, suck royally.

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    There's not really any need for murder in this case. She's old and a she, she'll never have another heir, and she seems to have already changed the succession law to make sure we inherit.

So long as she keeps calling us to war against threats to her throne, we'll get those kingdoms. No, this calls for the time-honored medieval tradition of sitting around waiting and hoping for the old people to die.
    Exactly. The Queen of Asturias is a 55-year old widow with no marriage prospects and probably wouldn't produce a child even if she did re-marry. I did look into attempting to murder her, but the amount of money and coddling it would've taken to get the Plot Power up high enough would've been pretty high. Time will do our work for us in that regard, leaving us to focus on the Moors.

12. - Top - End - #282

Also I see you've finally paid off the load to Jewish moneylenders that we took something like five generations ago. Those guys are really patient.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Also I see you've finally paid off the load to Jewish moneylenders that we took something like five generations ago. Those guys are really patient.
    I actually paid the loan during my reign. Only to just borrow it again when I ran out of gold.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

How's the German branch of the family doing?
    ithilanor on Steam.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    How's the German branch of the family doing?
    Not bad. They're still sandwiched between Francia and Sweden, but holding on. Getting into occassional holy wars with the pagans in the area.

Spoiler: Our German brethren
    Show

More updates:

Spoiler: The continued chronicles of Navarra, by Cristobal the Scribe
    Show
    March the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1018

Spoiler
    Show

The royal family has been blessed with another son. He was been given the name Martin, like his father.

December the 1st, Year of Our Lord 1018

Spoiler
    Show

Rebellion!

Opportunistic traitors in the realm of Santiago have risen up against the rightful rule of our Queen. But the war for Castille is going well, and it is only a matter of time before the troops besieging Valladolid will be given orders to put down these traitors to the Crown.

January the 3rd, Year of Our Lord 1019

Spoiler
    Show

The new year brings word of victory over the Moor. Valladolid has fallen, and the county is now in Christian hands.

In return for his patience, the Queen awards the new lands to the King. A new Marshall is appointed as King Martin leaves to tend to his new lands. Count Otxoa of Llieda is chosen.

Spoiler
    Show

Now all eyes turn towards Santiago, and the rebellion there.

March the 3rd, Year of Our Lord 1019

Spoiler
    Show

News from Santiago. The rebels have been routed by the Queen’s forces. It is only a matter of time before the leader is brought before the Queen to face judgment.

March the 27th, Year of Our Lord 1019

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Trapped between the army of Navarra and the sea, the rebels have been crushed at A Corunna. The traitor leader Menendo now rots in the Queen’s dungeon while she contemplates his ultimate fate.

May the 1st, Year of Our Lord 1019

Spoiler
    Show

Now that peace finally reigns in Navarra, the Queen has ordered a celebration for the summer.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Antics of course ensue in the following days and weeks.

July the 22nd, Year of Our Lord 1019

Spoiler
    Show

The traitor Menendo has gone to face judgment. The craven could not bear to face the Queen’s justice.

August the 27th, Year of Our Lord 1019

Spoiler
    Show

The young Prince Lope is finally ready to begin his education. While the little Prince would no doubt prefer to train under a warrior like his father, the Queen chooses a close ally, the Duke of Galicia, as a tutor.

Spoiler
    Show
    (That Diplomacy…)

September the 12th, Year of Our Lord 1019

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen has announced she is once again with child.

April the 14, Year of Our Lord 1020

Spoiler
    Show

The royal family grows yet again. A daughter. She has been named Lopa.

June the 29th, Year of Our Lord 1020

Spoiler
    Show

A new tutor is needed for Prince Diego. His former tutor has left for the court of his wife. He has been sent to Galicia like his little brother to finish his learning.

November the 28th, Year of Our Lord 1020

Spoiler
    Show

Tragic news from Asturias. The Queen Mother, Munadona the Great, has gone to God. Her death brings the realms of Asturias and Navarra together. After some reorganizing, the Queen has turned her eyes south to the Bedouin held lands of Qurtubah.

December the 1st, Year of Our Lord 1020

Spoiler
    Show

After receiving news that the Duke of Castille is plotting against the crown, the Queen sent her men to arrest him. But rather than submit to the Queen’s justice, the rogue has raised his banners in rebellion.

December the 13th, Year of Our Lord 1020

Spoiler
    Show

The local apothecaries are beginning to believe there is something in the water here in Pamplona…

July the 14, Year of Our Lord 1021

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen has welcomed a new son, Karlos, into the world.

August the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1021

Spoiler
    Show

The Pope has personally requested we enact Papal Investure in the realm. Always quick to follow the dictates of the Most Holy See, the Queen complies.

January the 2nd, Year of Our Lord 1022

Spoiler
    Show

The time has come to continue driving the heathen from the land. Qurtubah is ripe for the picking and our soldiers are in place. It is time for battle.

February the 2nd, Year of Our Lord 1022

Spoiler
    Show

The first blow in the war for Qurtubah has been struck. Our army has crushed the Bedouin host in Seville. It is said that the Sultan shamefully fled the battle as soon as our host appeared.

January 24th, Year of Our Lord 1023

Spoiler
    Show

The Royal Family has announced a new yearly tradition: announcing the Queen is with child.

The Royal Apothecary refused to comment.

(so much for that whole chastity thing...)

March the 21st, Year of Our Lord 1023

Spoiler
    Show

Our forces are successful again. The keep in Alcolea has been taken with prisoners. The Bedouin host has lost all will to fight. Once again Navarra and the lands of Christendom are victorious!

Spoiler
    Show

June the 25, Year of Our Lord 1023

Spoiler
    Show

Prince Diego has finally come of age. He has become a strong, talkative young man, but is decidedly arbitrary in his decisions.

August the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1023

Spoiler
    Show

A son is born to Queen Ana. Ladron. The Duke of Portucale has also chosen to rebel, but his paltry forces cannot stand against the might of Navarra.

January the 31st, Year of Our Lord 1024

Spoiler
    Show

A suitable wife has been found for Prince Diego. Gladez is a charitable, brave woman, more than a match for our Prince.

March the 1st, Year of Our Lord 1024

Spoiler
    Show

Muslim rebels have risen up in the south of the realm. They will no doubt be put down in due time.

June the 10th, Year of Our Lord 1024

Spoiler
    Show

The rogue Duke of Portucale has been defeated in Porto. He now sits in the dungeons, awaiting his fate. His claim on Porto has been revoked as punishment.

August the 1st, Year of Our Lord 1024

Spoiler
    Show

The rebellion in the south has been put down. The rebel leader has joined the Duke of Portucale in the dungeons.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I still need to change the Succession Laws for Castille, and a slew of other things, but right now I've got Empire on the brain. Also, Aragon has become independent and controls Barcelona...while the remaining Muslim lands are currently facing a Catholic uprising. Now is the time to strike!
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2014-07-19 at 07:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Do we have enough land to finally form an imperial title? The Empire of Hispana would be nice. Also what news on the crowns of Scotland and others? They still in danger of becoming one?
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

What, why would you re-pay the loan? The free 500 gold every ruler (sometimes even 1000-1500, if he lives more than 20/40 years) is one of the best things about being a Christian or Zoroastrian. (Muslims have a bunch of other great perks that beat it out).
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by ObadiahtheSlim View Post
    Do we have enough land to finally form an imperial title? The Empire of Hispana would be nice. Also what news on the crowns of Scotland and others? They still in danger of becoming one?
    Scotland is still in one piece, Ireland is...kinda in one piece. Everything else on the Isles is an ever-shifting cluster.

Spoiler: The British Isles
    Show

We're this close to being able to form the Empire of Hispania. Whomever takes over is most likely going to be Emperor. That's why I'm concentrating on the Holy Wars rather than, say, getting our cousin onto the throne of Lothrangia.

Spoiler: Hispania status
    Show

Here's most of the world at large. Italy is still in control of much of the area of Germany. Our kin still hold the throne of Germany. Aquitane is back, Burgundy has shattered, and Aragon has come into existence in Barcelona. Africa is still firmly Muslim, the Seljuks have arrived and are wrecking face, and I'm currently both scouring the world for people to invite to court to train our young warriors (seriously, Karlos already has a martial of 3 and strong...at 3) and to fill out our court. I've also been upgrading our demense whenever I have some money to spare.

Spoiler: The World
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's one mighty toddler.

And I see the Byzantines have recovered some land. That's always good to see.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hydranova View Post
    That's one mighty toddler.

And I see the Byzantines have recovered some land. That's always good to see.
    As has Bulgaria. It's interesting to see Great Moravia's still in existence without having turned into Bohemia. Also interesting to see how well the Seljuks are doing; in all my post-RoI games, they've either fizzled out early or never invaded at all.
    ithilanor on Steam.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    As has Bulgaria. It's interesting to see Great Moravia's still in existence without having turned into Bohemia. Also interesting to see how well the Seljuks are doing; in all my post-RoI games, they've either fizzled out early or never invaded at all.
    I'm more interested to see large Ruthenia and Sweden.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

A large Ruthenia isn't too weird to see, but one that lasts is. That Kingdom always seems likely to fall apart when its founder dies.

23. - Top - End - #293

Minor update today. Work's going to keep me busy during the week, but I'm going to try to keep this moving as best I can.

Spoiler: A continued chronicle of events as recorded by Cristobal the Scribe
    Show
    August the 1st, Year of Our Lord 1024

In an effort to lure talented people to the realm and to prepare for the inevitable need for tutors, the Queen has invited several courtiers from near and far to court.

Spoiler
    Show

The Danishman Holger is a warrior without peer, just the man to train young Karlos. Who has clearly inherited his father's strength.

Spoiler
    Show

Eadmund the Welshman is skilled in the ways of intrigue and will make a fine Spymaster for the realm.

Spoiler
    Show

Edouard is a learned man. His knowledge will be a welcome asset to the crown.

Rumblings from the Burgos region have reached the court's ears.

Spoiler
    Show

The Duchess Varela of Castille is plotting to usurp control of a county in the Queen’s own Demense! This of course will not stand. The order for her arrest is sent immediately.

Spoiler
    Show

But the men of Navarra underestimate the wily Duchess. She escapes and has raised her banner in rebellion.

Spoiler
    Show

But the Queen is smarter. The army of Navarra is already in Burgos, waiting for just such a possibility.

December the 8th, Year of Our Lord 1024

Spoiler
    Show

The Duchess of Toledo has plead on behalf of the traitor Duke of Portucale. But those pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

June the 17th, Year of Our Lord 1025

Spoiler
    Show

The Duchess of Castille has surrendered to justice. She now sits in the dungeons and her claim on the county of Burgos has been revoked.

June the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1025

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen is now secure enough in her rule of the lands of Castille to reform the succession laws.

July the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1025

Spoiler
    Show

News from the realm of Aquitane. The nobles there have agreed to increase the authority of the crown.

August the 1st, Year of Our Lord 1025

Spoiler
    Show

Now that the internal matters have been dealt with, the Queen has turned her eyes south to Valencia. The last Andalusian Sultan is weak and beset on all sides by rebels. The signs are clear, it is time to drive the heathen lords back across the sea!

(Yeah...I'm an idiot...that Trucebreaker is going to hurt...I could've sworn that wasn't there when I declared war...)

24. - Top - End - #294

There aren't any nearby Muslims that could stop us now that Andalusia is gone. The Prestige and Diplomacy hits hurt a bit, but not really that important in the long run, especially after you make Hispania and get back a bunch of Prestige.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

25. - Top - End - #295

There aren't any nearby Muslims that could stop us now that Andalusia is gone. The Prestige and Diplomacy hits hurt a bit, but not really that important in the long run, especially after you make Hispania and get back a bunch of Prestige.
    Yeah, it's more I'm smacking myself upside the head for not seeing that there was a truce, rather than going 'oh crap.'

The Sultan I've just declared war on is the only one left in Iberia, and taking Valencia should give us enough to create Hispania. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with the newly-independent Aragon...

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Yeah, it's more I'm smacking myself upside the head for not seeing that there was a truce, rather than going 'oh crap.'

The Sultan I've just declared war on is the only one left in Iberia, and taking Valencia should give us enough to create Hispania. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with the newly-independent Aragon...
    Usurp the kingdom title (may require some forged claims) and then offer vassalization to the dukes and counts? We could also find a claimant, land him and push his claim. If it is a woman, we can probably do that too since we are absolute cognatic. Not sure how that works outside of your de jure kingdom.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

27. - Top - End - #297

Frankly, I'm just glad that Aragon-Burgundy-Aquitaine is dissolved, even if we didn't get elected to Aquitaine. They had the same Karling alliances we did, and would have gone for the counties I seized from them at some point.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

If we can form Hispania, we can pick Aragon apart with de jure claims without trouble, since it will be de jure part of our glorious empire.

For the trucebreak, the Sultan was probably deposed (resulting in the ruler being someone you didn't have a truce with) and then got his throne back.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

29. - Top - End - #299

'Ere we go...'ere we go...

Spoiler: the continued chronicles of Cristobal the Scribe
    Show
    March the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1026

Spoiler
    Show

Princess Konstantzia has matured into a kind, charitable young woman. Even though the sieges in Valencia continue, the search begins to find her a suitable husband.

Spoiler
    Show

The Queen chooses the new Duke of Normandy, netting the realm an alliance with the Frankish duchy.

April the 22nd, Year of Our Lord 1026

Spoiler
    Show

It is time for little Lopa to begin her education. The Welshman, Spymaster Eadmund, will make a fine tutor for the young princess.

October the 30th, Year of Our Lord 1026

Spoiler
    Show

Our cousins in the Kingdom of Germany have requested Navarra’s assistance in a civil war. Unfortunately Navarra’s troops are engaged against the Bedouin Muslims and cannot go to King Fortun’s aid.

November the 12th, Year of Our Lord 1026

Spoiler
    Show

Victory! The Muslim Sultan has surrendered the lands of Valencia! This victory marks a new beginning in the chronicles of the realm!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Long live the Empress! Viva Hispania!

December the 31st, Year of Our Lord 1026

Spoiler
    Show

On the eve of the new year, the Queen has requested to increase the authority of the crown in the newly-founded Empire.

February the 18th, Year of Our Lord 1027

Spoiler
    Show

The Empress has turned her attention southward again. The Rogue kingdom of Aragon, ruled by the Breton King Jerman, must be brought to heel, even if it must be piece by piece.

December 16th, Year of Our Lord 1027

Spoiler
    Show

So much for hiring good talent. The Danishman Holger has died, after a period of illness. A new tutor for young Karlos is found immediately.

December the 30th, Year of Our Lord 1027

Spoiler
    Show

…and another tutor for young Martin.

June the 5th, Year of Our Lord 1028

Spoiler
    Show

The first victory over many has been scored over Aragon. The county of Urgell is now under Imperial control.

February the 23nd, Year of Our Lord 1029

Spoiler
    Show

The Duke of Beja has died in an exploding manure incident. Rumor has it that the Empress herself was involved.

May the 27th, Year of Our Lord 1029

Spoiler
    Show

Good news from our kin in Germany. They have successfully quashed the rebellion and peace has returned to the kingdom.

August the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1029

Spoiler
    Show

Prince Lope has reached the age of maturity. He has become a man more used to life behind the throne than inside it.

March the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1034

Spoiler
    Show

Prince Martin has reached legal age. He is an ambitious young man with a firm sense of justice.

July the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1035

Spoiler
    Show

It seems that Spymaster Eadmund has decided to amass a force to press his claims in the Petty Kingdom of Gwynned. We can only wish him luck in his conquest.

September the 29th, Year of Our Lord 1025

Spoiler
    Show

The Caliph of Africa has declared war on our Empire. Once again our armies will meet the heathen in battle!

October the 12th, Year of Our Lord 1035

Spoiler
    Show

Despite our recent disagreements, King Jerman of Aragon has offered his assistance against the Sultan’s Invasion.

April the 24th, Year of Our Lord 1036

Spoiler
    Show

Princess Lopa has reached legal age. She has grown up in the image of soldiers like her father. Though perhaps she takes a little too much after the Emperor…

Spoiler
    Show

Regardless, the Queen offers her hand in marriage to an Italian Prince of House Karling.

August the 17th, Year of Our Lord 1036

Spoiler
    Show

In the wake of the Empire’s defeat at the hands of the Muslim horde, more tragic news befalls the realm. Emperor Martin has gone to his final judgment.

June the 20th, Year of Our Lord 1037

Spoiler
    Show

With the aid of our allies in West Francia, the armies of Christendom have engaged the Muslim horde in Seville. We eagerly await word of our victory against the Caliph.

June the 25th, Year of Our Lord 1037

Spoiler
    Show

Further tragedy! The Empress has followed her husband into the arms of Christ!

The Empress is dead! Long Live the Emperor! Long live Emperor Diego de Vasconia!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: The State of Things
    Show

Well that was unexpected…sorry ‘bout the mess…

The Muslim Invasion completely wiped out the Retinue we had, setting a lovely tone for the rest of the war. But West Francia has committed around 10K troops to our cause and we have about that many on our own, so once the Muslim army in Seville is crushed it should just be a matter of cleaning up.

I was pressing our vassals' claims in Aragon before pressing Imperial De Jure ones, the opinion boost was just too much to pass up. Then fighting a minor rebellion that sprung up while trying to imprison a plotting duke, but then the Invasion came and put paid to that.

We have enough Tech points to upgrade Legalism, so there's that. I've been upgrading our lands off and on and investing here and there, not sure if it helped much.

Anyway, the world:

Spoiler: Iberia/Europe
    Show

Spoiler: The British Isles
    Show

Spoiler: Russia/Sweden
    Show

Spoiler: Africa
    Show

Spoiler: Middle East/India
    Show

The save

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Lets try this again (1d100)[66]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
    (")_(") to help him gain world domination.